It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel..Favored by the world???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Israel seems to get away with murder?

So 175 UN condemnations is getting away with murder to you?

It seems people are more than aware of what Israel apparently does.

Question is. Why does the world ignore human offences in other countries if they care so dearly about "human rights"?

To any humanist or liberal THAT should be the question. Where are all the security council resolutions against China and their slave labor conditions and practices? Oh.. right.. Give them a seat and say in what is considered right or wrong as the UN has done

This world is run by the rule of corruption. The exorbitant attentoon Israel gets; whether the obtuse understand it or not - or simply choose to ignore it, is because of a deeply ingrained anti-semitism.

You, are an atheist. you dont understand certain subjects like mysticism, kabbalah and metaphysics which all the worlds elite are deeply engrossed in. So, as long as you pretend that your attitude has validity, the facts will always confuse you. Which is why you say "its just a book".. OK...To the profane pearls appear as clumps of shiny pebbles...The world is much deeper than you understand and one has to have a philosophical bent in order to truly appreciate the nature of political events and manueverings.

You can forget just the above paragraph and answer the first point i made. If people care about human rights issues they should give them the attention they deserve; in order of gravity. Thus, on the scale of international human rights abuses Israel would completely fall under the radar. Sudan, Turkish persecution of the Kurds in Northern Iraq, North Korea, Sweat shops in china and a dozen other issues are more crucial tha palestine is.

For instance, not so long ago a Coptic Church was bombed in Egypt. Some 30 christian Egyptians were killed.

Israel does nothing of this sort to the Palestinians, and yet daily there are news articles frothing over Israeli human rights abuses. Its simply not real. Its a facade created by constantly mentioning it over and over again.

Orwell was the one who said repeat something over and over again and the lie becomes truth.
edit on 14-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Israel seems to get away with murder?

So 175 UN condemnations is getting away with murder to you?

It seems people are more than aware of what Israel apparently does.

Question is. Why does the world ignore human offences in other countries if they care so dearly about "human rights"?

To any humanist or liberal THAT should be the question. Where are all the security council resolutions against China and their slave labor conditions and practices? Oh.. right.. Give them a seat and say in what is considered right or wrong as the UN has done

This world is run by the rule of corruption. The exorbitant attentoon Israel gets; whether the obtuse understand it or not - or simply choose to ignore it, is because of a deeply ingrained anti-semitism.

You, are an atheist. you dont understand certain subjects like mysticism, kabbalah and metaphysics which all the wordls elite are deeply engrossed in. So, as lng as you pretend that your attitude has validity, the facts will always confuse you. Which is why you say "its just a book".. OK...To the profane pearls appear as clumps of shiny pebbles...The world is much deeper than you understand and one has to have philosophical bent in order to truly appreciate the gravity of political and geopolitical manueverings.

Your usual insults but I'll just ignore them

Ohh and there's that anti-semantic card again..
My that thing gets a work out, must be getting worn out by now...

The WORLD does NOT ignore all the other atrocities, out Governments do..
That's a huge difference..

I'm an atheist so I must be confused??
LMAO, believing some God will protect God's chosen regardless of what they do sounds like the words of a madman to me..
Do you have any PROOF of this God or that there even are CHOSEN.???

You idea that the world is run on religion is partly true and also why there are many wars..
Drop the fantasy and live in the REAL world.
I don't need religion, I have morals..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

No, I said youre a boor who has never picked up a book of philosophy.

Kabbalah is philosphy. Mysticism is essentially, philosophy; albeit, touching on the transcendental.

There is such a thing as a metaphysical reality. All the religions of the world speak of it. Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism and Christianity etc

Are you not aware that the United Nations is based on such a philosophy? look up Robert Muller, who served as undersecretary to the UN for 45 years (meaning he was under-secratary to many different UN generals) who was known as the "UN philosopher". He based his entire theology on Alice Baileys 25 'esoteric writings'. Bailey was a theosophist.

Again. The issues are much more complicated than you understand.

Swallow our pride buddy.

The world hates the Jews because of propaganda. The leaders hate the Jews for theological/religious reasons.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

No, I said youre a boor who has never picked up a book of philosophy.

Kabbalah is philosphy. Mysticism is essentially, philosophy; albeit, touching on the transcendental.

There is such a thing as a metaphysical reality. All the religions of the world speak of it. Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism and Christianity etc

Are you not aware that the United Nations is based on such a philosophy? look up Robert Muller, who served as undersecretary to the UN for 45 years (meaning he was under-secratary to many different UN generals) who was known as the "UN philosopher". He based his entire theology on Alice Baileys 25 'esoteric writings'. Bailey was a theosophist.

Again. The issues are much more complicated than you understand.

Swallow our pride buddy.

The world hates the Jews because of propaganda. The leaders hate the Jews for theological/religious reasons.

lol, whats a "boor".??
BTW, it was you that derailed your thread into an off topic rant..
It's gone from Israels favoured by the world, onto religion and all jews..

And I don't think the world hates jews due to propaganda......

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Yes its all propaganda, by the muslim controlled media in the United States that makes us think the way we do about Israel.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You know whats a good book on propaganda?

Edward Bernays "propaganda". He was a Freudian Psychologist and like all Freudian psychology, had an enormous impact on the social sciences. Heres its first lines

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true rulling power of our country.

It essentially works by manipulating whats Frued called "the unconscious". basically, we take in stimuli from without. Whatever it is, a passing billboard, a radio show, music, news program/ Everything shapes our perception of reality.

The fact that Israel is overly emphasized and the Palestinians constantly presented as victims, and Israel as the aggressors creates a very clear cut perception. Israel are the bullies, amnd the palestinians, the victims,. This also piggybacks on previous propaganda from Nazi, Soviet and christian times "the Jews control the media, the banks etc".

But people never wonder, which Jews? Clearly the secular Jews have absolutely nothing in common with traditional Judaism. Judaism has always been the defining factor of what qualified a Jew as a Jew. Before the Enlightenment in the 1700s, a Jew was never without his siddur. This is why Jews were known in ancient and midieval times as the "people of the book".

the New Jew, the secularized one; the Rothschilds, Warburgs, Schiffs, etc.. They help create the perception that Jews riun things. and when the Soviets are writing books like the 'learned elders of zion' - even though it is based on a french book based on the same premise (which antisemites conveniently ignore. It tarnishes their beliefs which they so reverently serve) a picture is created and a reality manufactured, a fiction is made fact. If you say something over and over again enough times, you will have people believing the darndeest of things.

I dont expect to convert you. You seem pretty content and impervious to logic and objectivity. Im only pointing this out because all of this ties together. I havent veered from the point of my thread. The point was how ridiculously innordinate is the attention the Jews get. From the UN - with their 175 resolutions, and the world Media with their constant harping about Israel and the Jews,

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

You know whats a good book on propaganda?

I'll take a stab............The TORAH..??????

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Who said anything about the Muslims? Theyre a stick in the hand of Esau. as the ancient midrash says "in the end of days, Esau will hatch a deal with Ishmael, and Esau will use Ishmael as a weapon against Jacob"..

Islam is a tool in the hands of the western elite.

Look at histoy. The muslims havent historically been a problem for the Jews; the Christians and Romans have. Westerners. The Hellenites. The Vatican. (in essence, Rome...which is obviously still in full control having evolved into the byzantine, roman catholic, holy roman empire and todays european nations....the same noble familiers still rule).

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

The fact that Israel is overly emphasized and the Palestinians constantly presented as victims, and Israel as the aggressors creates a very clear cut perception. Israel are the bullies, amnd the palestinians, the victims,. This also piggybacks on previous propaganda from Nazi, Soviet and christian times "the Jews control the media, the banks etc".

No, I think the perception is created by the walls, armed soldiers, blockades, tanks, jets, helicopters, navy gunships, rationing, illegal settlements, shootings and bombings....

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

See.. youre impervious to logic.

you retreat to your point. Its a sympton of egoism.....and insanity.

All those thing you listed can be applied equally to most countries. What about Americas killing some 1,000,000 Iraqis? By your logic, you should be standing outside the white house picketing at the sheer injustice of it all...

But you see. The world doesnt care about judstice. Gnostic paganism is indifferent to objective right and wrongs. it sees only gray.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
And thats why the Torah demands cruelty towards the cruel.

Thats what the episodes - which btw arent many, just a few cases, in the Torah are about. The Canaanite were a cruel and barbaric people.

A bit of its pagan logic subsists in Islam to this day. Thats why Muslims cut themselves in ritual

People like you are termed "useful idiots"... You see the above? This is a relic of ancient paganism. These were common practices among the tribes of middle east. Paganism is rooted in 'moral relativism', in the idea that there is no right and wrong. Judaism is the complete and utter opposite. you dont approach uch people with a christian 'turn the other cheeck', unless you want to be trampled upon by the wicked. The torah says deal with these evil people and take them out of my land.

Such a people who revel in cutting themselves will sure as hell exult in murder; which they do!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

See.. youre impervious to logic.

you retreat to your point. Its a sympton of egoism.....and insanity.

All those thing you listed can be applied equally to most countries. What about Americas killing some 1,000,000 Iraqis? By your logic, you should be standing outside the white house picketing at the sheer injustice of it all...

But you see. The world doesnt care about judstice. Gnostic paganism is indifferent to objective right and wrongs. it sees only gray.

BS, we are NOT talking about other countries..
My logic is fine and I'm getting frekin tired of your insults..
The topic YOU started is Israel.!!!!!!
Debate that.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I dont care about other countries I dont care about other religions. To me the jews are just as messed up as the muslims.

You brought up israel and why the world hates them.

I posted things that I've found that israel has done, such as the King David Hotel bombing (please spare me that it was rogue terrorists that did this), the Lavon Affair, The USS liberty, and lots of Dual Citizens involved in 911.

This is not propaganda this is cold hard facts. Now why as an American, knowing my history should I go preach to my neighbor how good israel is? Please give me one reason?

I've posted before. Countries have been conquering other countries for centuries, the united states is guilty of genocide too. So be it if thats how you want to live.

I don't agree with supporting it with taxes and the thing that really gets me, is people like you play the victim the whole time. Its quite sad.

edit on 15-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Please. These experiments by the biritsh have been collossal failures. Iraq, Turkey, Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon are CONSTANTLY embroiled in sectarian violence. Lebanon is a massive failure. Lebanon is not even a name of a people; but of a mountain range. Lebanons Shiite, Sunni, Druze, and Christian populations are constantly at war with one another. This nation will never last because its peoples are as far as possible from being at one with one another. As long as nations are built up the way the British have done them; hoping to impose in them from without some fake plastic western culture..It will fail. This is why i said Islam resists the west and for good reason.

Iraq, Turkey, Jordan, and Egypt are in fact quite stable countries; the US invasion of Iraq caused severe destabilization for a few years, but it's coming back up now that we're adopting a more hands-off policy. Jordan is the really long-shot success story. All it is is a scrap of "leftover" territory that was granted to the guy who lost the race to be king of Baghdad. And it's been just about hte most stable nation in the middle east; perhaps because its people still buy into monarchy, I dunno.

Lebanon is a failure, however. This is, again, due to colonialism. The French invented it so that htye could have a France-aligned Catholic country, by putting the minority Maronites in charge and denying political seats to the majority Shia (the Shia didn't get into the government until the 70's). it's failure is NOT because of the nation's diversity of people and religion, but instead due to being a battleground for more powerful nations (France, Israel, the US, and Syria). You're blaming the victim here.

As I pointed out, the British did set up their colonial holdings for failure; the situation in Sudan is a great example of this. it has nothing to do with "western culture" and everything to do with intentionally giving minority groups majority power, and drawing arbitrary lines on maps.

Really? So. you dont think the ideology of the west - moral relativism, contradicts Islamism? If you dont think so than youre the one who doesnt know what hes talking about.

First off, let's talk about moral relativism. This is a nice catchphrase from the sociopathic religious right, and it makes them feel more "pure" than the supposedly "decadent" liberals. But what does it mean?

Moral relativism holds that there are no "absolute truths" with regards to morality. That what is immoral for one person may in fact be perfectly moral for another. The opposite is moral absolutism, which holds that all moral questions have a single, yes-or-no answer, and these answers apply equally to everyone.

Now the problem is, humans don't function well under absolutes. Our world is not binary, yes-or-no, white-or-black. Existence is trinary; yes-maybe-no, white-grey-black. Most people are then relativists on most issues, including morality. Take for instance a man who believes engaging in homosexual sex is a sin against his religious sect; what if he believes it's NOT a sin for people who are not in his religion? He's a relativist. How about someone who holds that killing is wrong, except as an act of self-defense? Again, relativism. What about someone who asserts that racism is wrong, except against, let's say, Palestinian Arabs? Relativism.

This is not a "western culture" thing. It's a "human species" thing. And hell yes, Muslims engage in it as much as anyone else, because it's the only sane way for humans to function; and though it may surprise you, muslims are, in fact, human.

First you lack an understanding of too many subjects. Firstly, ancient paganism. you dont understand anything about that.

What flavor of paganism? Would you like me to explain to you the Egyptian origins of Judiasm, or how Babylonian religion is more closely-related to the practices of India than to the near eastern religions? Would you like a detailed look at the Hittite belief system? Maybe you'd be interested in learning more about the pre-Abrahamic beliefs of the Arabian peninsula.

Friend, I assure you I understand more about your own professed religion than you do, and that I can run circles around you with regards to other religions, extinct and extant. You don't even know that the Torah talks about the tribes of Israel divided into two conflicting kingdoms!

Secondly, the 10 commandments, which are incredibly moral and forbid unethical behavior; to Jew OR Gentile..

It's not especially moral for polytheists. Or people who don't believe in slavery. or for those that hold punishing someone's great-great-grandchild for their crimes to be ludicrous and morally bankrupt.

Also, these "incredibly moral laws" seem to have been incredibly difficult for the Israelites to adhere to; the whole story is basically a morality play of them screwing up on hte ten commandments and god kicking them around for it. Except, of course, when they murder people; god seems to have been just kidding about that part of the commandments, 'cause first thing he does is demand that Moses and Aaron kill damn near everyone who came out of Egypt with them, for the crime of making a graven image (despite the fact they made it before being told not to)

Agauin. You know not a thing about Judaism whos Talmud explicitly says All the rigghteous of the nations who perform deeds of kindness and charity have a place in Olam HaBa (heaven).

I know enough about Judaism to know that the Talmud is only canonical for a few branches of Judaism, and within those, many still hold that only certain parts of the Talmud have value. I also know that the Talmud contains passages exhorting Jews to kill Goyim and other such fun stuff. Basically the Talmud is sort of like the Hadith of Islam, and is about as valid in a religious context.

Unlike the counterfeit Christian and Islamic traditions - which claim a monopoly on heaven.

I always laugh when people accuse each other of not knowing the proper color of the invisible unicorn.

The British attempted to create a "new Jew", a secularized Jew whose significance lied in his ethnic and cultural history.

Nope. That was actually devised by the Jewish "Elite" of Europe in the 18th and 19th centuries, as a response to the rise of other brands of nationalism. Secularism wasn't necessarily part and parcel with it.

However I find it awkward that you seem to be saying that Jews are a unified ethnicity from one corner of your mouth, and denying that out the other. What gives?

This smacks the face of 3300 years of jewish history where Judaism - and not simple ethnicity, defined what a Jew was. Any Gentile can convert and become a Jew.

However, not every Gentile who does so will be recognized as Jewish by the assorted communities and sects of Judaism. Take Madonna for instance. Technically, I can tomorrow say "i'm a Muslim!" and then a few hourts later, "I'm a Hindu!" and then before I go to bed, become a Raelien. I doubt any of these communities would recognize my conversion.

Not that it much batters; I took communion once when I was seven, and if I understand the theology right, converting to another religion just makes me a bad Catholic

The perspicacity in the British creation was dissolving the old meaning of Jew and creating a new one. The state of Israel was never allowed to become a Jewish state. Even one of the big financers of Israel - Felix Warburg emphasized the importance of Israel Never becoming a "religious state"...

Because religious states are inherently oppressive. A religious state says "Be this religion, and practice it as we say, or else. Imagine Israel as a religious state; what would the status of Muslims or christians be? How about atheists (I understand there are lots of Israeli atheists and agnostics). How about the various sects of Judaism? If the ultra-orthodox are in charge, what's the status of liberal reform Judaism?

Revolutionary Iran, Cromwell's England, and the Kingdom of Judah are not examples any nation should ever want to follow.

Even when great numbers of North African and middle eastern Sephardic Jews immigrated to Israel - the secular israeli establishment made sure these predominantly religious jews enrolled their children in secular schools,. If they refused. They werent allowed to have a job and make a living. Now most of these sephardic Israelis are secular.

Presumably because Israel, as a young nation, wanted to ensure that its next generation was going to actually be educated. More young and developing nations should adopt this policy; certainly it's led to Israel being the main contender for regional power in the realms of prosperity and technological advancement.

All media in Israel is state owned; minus IsraelNationalNews and Ynet - where this story gets frequent coverage.

Your first-statement is a bald and absolute lie. Arutz Sheva and Ynet are not licensed by Israel, for exactly the same reasons I described; they're fish wrappers, tabloid rags that contain little more than inflammatory rhetoric against everyone who's not an orthodox zionist and advertisements for penis-enlargement pills.

But. Since youre too lazy to employ google here

Heres a more "reputable" source

Haaretz
www.israelnationalnews.com...
www.jcpa.org...
An archeology blog

See, multiple sources lend a story completeness. Archaologists are criticising the Waqf's use of a tractor in the area because of potential damage. This is, in my opinion, a valid concern.

However, this is also a different story than the one told in your previous Ynet article, that asserted that "thousands of tons of artifacts (i.e., dirt)" was being removed and destroyed by the Waqf, as part of an insidious and malicious collusion between the evil, evil Muslims, and the evil, evil Israeli government in order to destroy Jewish history, mwahahahaha.

Thanks for the additional sources. Maybe next you can work on your reading of context.

HUH? When do Rabbinic Leaders 'guide'? Maybe you should read about how Israels secular leadership does everything possible to stifle the voice of Israels religious. Anyone who knows anything about Jews knows the secularists Hate the religious; wehether in Israel, America, or elsewhere.

Source?

The secularists disown the religious. The wealthy ones are the secularists. The majority of Israels poor; are religious.

Generally true of any religion, in any nation. And for the same reasons that alcoholism and gambling are more common among any given nation's poor; desperation breeds both desires to "get away from it" and delusions of a "quick way out."

The majority of those ousted from Gush Katif in 2005, were religious.

As were most of the people they had stolen the land from in the first place.

Granted. The Shas has become ancillary to Likud and Labor in giving more Jewish land away and playing the 'land for peace' game with the arabs who obviously want nothing but continued war and bloodshed until the Jews who are a mockery and affront to their theology of Jihad are removed from the land.

You must be breathless after packing five unrelated topics into a single run-on sentence.

Here's a tip; Just because Jews killed people and stole their land does not actually make it "Jewish land." THAT is why the "land for peace" deal was ludicrous; it proposed demanding that the Palestinians make concessions to Israel in order to get their own property back. Of course this was doomed. You can't take someone's stuff and demand that they give you something else in order for you to consider giving back what is rightfully theirs to begin with.

Also? Someone who knows as little about their own religion as you do should really refrain from trying to comment on others'. Personally I think you're all nuts, but at least I studied before reaching the conclusion.

If you mean religious German Jew circa 1933 who was aware of what the Nazis were planning, i agree. You sound like a Nazi apologist with this dogged defence of Middle Eastern strategy. Nobosdy has more little respect than the British. Their plan is to artifically break (which they have already down with these puppet regimes) the Middle east into one big secularized federation.

No, I mean your labeling of broad groups as "the problem" and pretending that your way is the only right way. Amid your own hateful and poorly-informed screed advocating both racial exterminations and theocratic rule, it does have a rather goose-stepping flair to it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the biblical prophets already fortold the demise of this enterprise; of societies elect "those nobles who will no longer be called noble" in their desire to build their tower to heaven; or said differently, to make the world in their pagan/gnostic image. Its gonna fail.

The Biblical prophets made two kinds of prophecies; your usual prophecies found in every religion that are so vague and allegorical that anyone can look at anything and say "Gasp! The prophecy!" The other prophecy sort is the instruction prophecy that any schmuck could fulfill.

Do a little study on prophets and prophecies around the world. you'll find that the only "failed prophets" are the ones that were silly enough to name names and place dates.

Also? Paganism and gnosticism are quite different things. Again, don't talk about other faiths until you can exercise even bare facts about your own.

Thats why The Brits (with the support of America and Europe) created Israel. Partly to deride the prophecies of the Jewish sages and partly to verify their own twisted theosophical doctrines.

The British involvement in it was mostly to get rid of a troublesome holding of theirs, and to pay off a perceived debt to the Jewish financers of World War One (see hte Balfour declaration.) The Us involvement in it was pretty much as you say; my country has this serious messiah complex and I wish it'd stop. Russia wanted Israel for political reasons; it theorized that Europe's jewry would form a socialist republic after emigrating, and that it would align with the Soviet Union.

Interestingly, out of the three goals from these three nations, only the USSR came close; were it not for the US' constant hemorrhaging of money and arms to Israel, it's very likely that Israel WOULD have sided with the USSR (and the Arabs probably would have flocked to America. Instead they went to the USSR. Schmucks)

You do know the UN is based on this ideology, right? see Robert Muller and Alice Bailey/Lucis Trust.

Right. The UN exists solely to secularize Jews. *cough*

What are you talking about? First. Comparing Muslim theocracy to Torah is like comparing apples and bananas. Torah has limited boundaries. Islam separated the world into Islam al Habir and Islam al Harb. Meaning, Islam has every intention to conquer the rest of the world; which explains their incredibly bellicose and violent cultures..Even with each other.

Who said anything about Muslim theocracy? Any nation based on any religion and ruled from religious texts is, by definition, a theocracy. When you demand that israel be ruled by the religious nad guided by hte Torah, you are asking for a theocracy. And historically, theocracies are bad for both their neighbors and the people of their own nations. Again, do some research.

As for bellicose and violent cultures... I don't think any advocate of Israel has much room to talk about such subjects. Just as someone who fails to grasp their own religion doesn't have room to talk about others.

Second of all, Islam is thoroughly political. There are 30 - 1 more mentions of politics in the Quran than devotional subjects. The entire Torah spends a great deal of time emphasizing a Jews moral prerogative "You shall treat the stranger (gentile) the same as yourself" "Remember you too were strangers in Egypt"..

Not that you've ever read the Koran. Or the Torah. or the Talmud. I'll bet you couldn't even plow through the SubGenius Pamphlet #1

The Torah also exults the genocides conducted by the Israelites, the rampant murders commited by levitical priests, and, my favorite, the human sacrifice made by Jephthah; how own daughter, whom he burned.

The Talmud speaks very highly about Gentile wisdom; in one episode a Rabbi opts for a Western astronomical system as opposed to a Jewish one because of its superior precision.

It's also full of passages about how stupid Gentiles are. Thisis because the Talmud is a collection of many opinions from many different men; again, not too dissimilar from the Hadith, and just about as valid.

The fact that the Torah defines Israels border from the Nile of Egypt to the wilderness to the Euphrates shows that a Jewish state has defined borders.

Except it's not talking about a Jewish state. No "Jewish state" ever occupied these sort of borders. The only river that was ever held by any sort of Jewish nation was the Jordan river; both kingfoms were centered in the Jordan valley and outlying areas.

However, there were two nation that had similar borders; Egypt under the 18th dynasty, and Assyria, during the reign of Ashurbanipal. The Israelites were originally egyptians, and then became vassals to the Assyrians.

This idea that Judaism seeks world domination is completely unJewish.

Well, at least we can agree on something.

look at the history of Judaism. How schisms have there been since their exile in 70 CE?

I'mma let you finish, but "The Jews" were never exiled by the Romans. The provinces of Iudaea, Idumea, Samaria, Peraea, Philistia, and Galilee were all predominantly Jewish at the time. What happened is that the religious leaders of Iudaea decided they wanted to foment a rebellion to break the province from Roman rule.

They lost, as most rebels agaisnt Rome did. The temple was smashed, and the leaders of the revolt were taken into slavery. However, the rank and file Jews of Iudaea? Plenty fled to Samaria due to the fighting, but they came back. There was no "Jewish exile" or "diaspora." The place was packed with Jews from Anatolia to Egypt, until the region started converting to Christianity after Constantine declared it the official religion of Rome. even after hte conversion there were a good many Jews. Around 760 AD, both Christians and Jews started converting to Islam.

The Jews of 70 AD did not go anywhere. They simply converted as the religions came down the pipe. it didn't hurt that conversion brought lots of economic discount (Just you think of the savings! The discounts! oi vey!)

Lets count. NONE.Not until the 1700s with the European enlightenment was 'reform' judiams created. Conservative Judaism tried to reconcile difference between reform and orthodox though still is inadequate. And now you have many. But the pouint being is that for 1700 years there was ONE Judaism. There may have been different emphasis, liturgies and cultures in Sephardic, Ashkenazi and Chassidic groups; but they all subscribed to the same tradition.

"There may have been different emphasis, liturgies, and cultures" - yeah, those are called chsisms. Certainly not as dramatic or violent as the Protestant / Catholic schisms, but this is primarily because Jewish Euriope was never politically or religiously united in the first place.

I think you may confusing Judaism with Islam.
edit on 14-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

Same thing.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I dont read Torah?..Ive read it in my life atleast 25-30 times - the entire Tanakh, in Hebrew and the Targum Aramaic. Everyday i spend an hour studying Torah. Please..Do not try explaining to me what it says. Or Talmud. granted, i havent completely studied Talmud - as it comprises over 80 volumes, but I have atleast begun it... There are no negative comments about Gentiles.. about jesus? yes. About particular Gentile practices. yes... But these are valid and their critical of BEHAVIOR; not their being gentiles. To even compare Talmud to the hadith just exposes your obnoxious ignorance of Judaism and Rabbinic writings.

Lets just agree to disagree.

Now get out of my thread.

Go peddle your theories somewhere else

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

And thats why the Torah demands cruelty towards the cruel.

And that sociopathic outlook is what led a certain non-deist Hindu to note, "An eye for an eye makes thewhole world blind."

Thats what the episodes - which btw arent many, just a few cases, in the Torah are about. The Canaanite were a cruel and barbaric people.

"Cruel and barbaric" would apply more to the people who kept trying to exterminate them. The Canaanites' beliefs were kin to those of the Anatolian Greeks (think Trojans). And apparently those beliefs were very attractive to their Israelite neighbors, which is why the priests had to go to such extreme and brutal lengths to dissuade Israelites from associating with the Canaanites.

A bit of its pagan logic subsists in Islam to this day. Thats why Muslims cut themselves in ritual

People like you are termed "useful idiots"... You see the above? This is a relic of ancient paganism.

Once again, you should not speak of other religions if you can't even comprehend your own.

These are pictures of Pakistani Shi'a cutting themselves, yes. However it has nothing to do with paganism, much less with Canaanites. Rather it is an act of atonement for the betrayal of the Imam Ali by his followers - the Shia. it's rather similar to the christian orders who whip themselves to partake in the suffering of Christ.

You might find it strange, but when you think of it, lopping off a part of your kid's penis is pretty strange, too. Especially when the reason for doing so is that the being who created that chunk also happens to hate it. Weird, huh?

These were common practices among the tribes of middle east.

Source?

Paganism is rooted in 'moral relativism', in the idea that there is no right and wrong. Judaism is the complete and utter opposite. you dont approach uch people with a christian 'turn the other cheeck', unless you want to be trampled upon by the wicked. The torah says deal with these evil people and take them out of my land.

So what you're saying is, someone who makes a cut on their own scalp is evil and wicked, and the good and moral thing to do is murder them en masse.

This is your Judaism?

Such a people who revel in cutting themselves will sure as hell exult in murder; which they do!

yep, those baby-mutilating abrahamists sure do seem to cause a lot of trouble.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I know enough about Judaism to know that the Talmud is only canonical for a few branches of Judaism, and within those, many still hold that only certain parts of the Talmud have value. I also know that the Talmud contains passages exhorting Jews to kill Goyim and other such fun stuff. Basically the Talmud is sort of like the Hadith of Islam, and is about as valid in a religious context.

What are these branches of Judaism mr. expert?

If you knew your history, you would know that there has been only 1 Judaism since the Jewish dispersion in 200 CE. The first schism didnt occur until he enlightenment, 1500 years later.

The only REAL Judaism than is the authenic traditional Judaism based in Mishna, Talmud, Midrashim, Rishonim, Acharonim, etc. Today their pejoratively refered to as ultra Orthodox... I guess to distinguish them from modern orthodox...In any case, you dont understand a thing about Judaism.

You can go here to learn about the libels spread online about the Talmud..and how they should be understood.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I dont read Torah?..Ive read it in my life atleast 25-30 times - the entire Tanakh, in Hebrew and the Targum Aramaic.

You've read it that often and still didn't have the first clue what it said about the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah, nor their neighbors.Do you read it so often because you fail to comprehend it?

Everyday i spend an hour studying Torah. Please..Do not try explaining to me what it says.

As the Talmud says, “You can educate a fool, but you cannot make him think.” Have you reached that part yet?

Or Talmud. granted, i havent completely studied Talmud - as it comprises over 80 volumes, but I have atleast begun it...

Good luck!

There are no negative comments about Gentiles.. about jesus? yes. About particular Gentile practices. yes... But these are valid and their critical of BEHAVIOR; not their being gentiles.

Well, you haven't read all of it yet. Keep reading.

To even compare Talmud to the hadith just exposes your obnoxious ignorance of Judaism and Rabbinic writings.

Not at all. The Talmud is a collection of thoughts and opinions from Jewish rabbis. The Hadith is a collection of thoughts and opinions form Mohammed's early followers. I understand you have a savage and brutal hatred of Islam - indeed, non-Jews in general - but, fact is, these are both works that comprise the opinion of Some Dude, that some people regard as religiously important.

Lets just agree to disagree.

Sorry, I can't be silent when facing ignorance and hatred. it's one of my moral absolutes, I suppose.

Now get out of my thread.

Just as soon as your own vitriol gets it closed.

Go peddle your theories somewhere else

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Especially when the reason for doing so is that the being who created that chunk also happens to hate it. Weird, huh?

Whats weird is that of all of G-ds creations, only human beings have foreskins. Kabbalistically this signifies a husk or insensitivity to the spiritual and divine. Removing it desensitizes you to the physical and allows one to hone and sensitize himself to the spiritual. Pretty simple. pretty reasonable.

Conversely, you have got to have some serious issues with logic if you think removing the foreskin at 8 days is remotely alike to slashing your head and smearing the blood over your face and body. That is entirely barabaric, And no. Buddy. It is an ancient practice of the ancient tribes of the middle east. A 4th century midrash comments on this practice as being popular amongst the children of Ishmael (later known as muslims)

now...manipulate away... I think you might do this professionally for a living!
edit on 15-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

The only REAL Judaism than is the authenic traditional Judaism based in Mishna, Talmud, Midrashim, Rishonim, Acharonim, etc. Today their pejoratively refered to as ultra Orthodox... I guess to distinguish them from modern orthodox...In any case, you dont understand a thing about Judaism.

I understand that at no point did your god appoint you to be the arbiter of who is and is not a "real" Jew. But I'm glad we've reached this point in the discussion, where you demonstrate you believe you have been granted this authority.

Keep going, let's see how much deeper you can dig your antisemitic hole.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join