It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

real life person in a dream

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
have you ever had a dream and a person you have never met was in your dream; and then see that very same person in your day to day life. I had a dream and this girl was in it i did not know the girl and the next time i went to the mall i walked past a girl that looked just like the one in my dream. it wa very odd. i was wondering if anyone else has had this happen

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

You sir, have the 3rd eye! I've never personally encountered that..

edit on 1/13/2011 by Fifaboy because: spllng

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Hey.... as far as dreams go, you never ever EVER dream about anyone/ anything/ anyplace that you are not somehow familiar with. This is scientifically proven. You will not dream about a person you have never seen, or a place you've never seen, whether it was on a piece of paper as a picture, TV, in real life, or otherwise. I just finished a psych class last semester and went into dept about all of this but ill try and find something online for you.

You've already encountered the things in your dreams at some point or the other, and your mind scrambles them all up when you dream..
edit on 13-1-2011 by RustyShakleford92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92
reply to post by jed001

Hey.... as far as dreams go, you never ever EVER dream about anyone/ anything/ anyplace that you are not somehow familiar with. This is scientifically proven. You will not dream about a person you have never seen, or a place you've never seen, whether it was on a piece of paper as a picture, TV, in real life, or otherwise. I just finished a psych class last semester and went into dept about all of this but ill try and find something online for you.

You've already encountered the things in your dreams at some point or the other, and your mind scrambles them all up when you dream..

ok well, what do you say about ,,deja vu,, ? place i have never been before and looks familiar, or a situation.

link   
reply to post by jed001

Happens all the time!

Since I was young, I've had vivid dreams that make no sense at all - until I experience the same scenario years later.
I guess it happens because perception of time is enhanced or blurry when asleep. It seems rather to be linked to ones current location.

link   
i think it's called premonition.

i get it all the time, seriously like once a week, at least. sometimes i dont see the person as much, but i remember the environment, the conversation, and/or the discussion. i just laugh it off when it happens, it does get a bit scary sometimes, and surreal.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RustyShakleford92

you are implying that we already know every thing about our existence. its like taking a physics class then saying other dimensions are impossible.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by jed001

[This is scientifically proven.]

-Source... Links... Documentation...!?!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

That site seems a bit fishy..search "whois thisman.org" and click the first link. Kinda weird..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Dude. Yes.

One time I had a dream that was a little extra vivid than most dreams. There was this girl in my dream that I hadn't seen for a while (about 5 years). I haven't even thought of her since 5 years ago so it was weird for me to dream this random girl.

The next day, me and my current girlfriend were at a bar, and the girl I dreamed about was there. I was shocked.

I hadn't seen or thought about that girl in five years, then one night I had a dream which included her in it. The next day I saw that girl.

I've had several other moments of precognition in my life, but this was the most extreme. I wonder though if it is that you are predicting something that's going to happen in the future or, upon thinking something sometimes, you are able to create that moment in your future.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

reply to post by jed001

You just really can't logically make this assertion. So you took a class and now you know this to be fact? That's fallacious. Also, realize that you're on ATS, this is a place where people go who think outside of the box, so you're absolutism probably won't be well received here.

Now, granted, it certainly cannot be proven that one can dream of things otherwise not previously experienced (other than gathering empirical data through testimony that can easily be dismissed through disbelief), but you must also understand that it can neither be disproven. This is the nature of faith and belief, however, remember the old adage; there is more in creation than that which is contained in your philosophy. Peace...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I beg to differ. I have dreamt of places that no way in my life have I ever visited, seen on TV or in any book or images, I assure you of that!

link   

reply to post by jed001

Care to expand... I'm afraid saying something is scientifically proven when it comes to dreams is an absolutely false statement. I can absolutely guarantee I have dreamed about plenty of places I've never been or never seen, and people i've never met. When you say familiar with I assume youre including other things than the physical world we live in, or your statement is absolutely false and no offense, you shouldn't be commenting in absolutisms about something you don't know enough about. No amount of studying or researching dreams can give you insight into experiencing those things first hand.

link   
reply to post by vjr1113

I am not really well informed to make an opinion of de ja- vu.

And absolutely not we don't know everything about our existence.

Our brain takes in images and info and faces all our lives.

It was somehow proven that we only dream of people/ places we have already experienced in some way or another.

Something to do with the right side of your brain and the activity level which scientists monitored.

I know nothing about this stuff, I'm an engineer
but I do know for a fact we had a couple huge discussions in class about this.

Just stating what I learned in school.

link   

Dreaming is a well known prophecy method. You are incorrect. I have dreamed many many times things I had no waking knowledge of.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

reply to post by vjr1113

I am not really well informed to make an opinion of de ja- vu.

And absolutely not we don't know everything about our existence.

Our brain takes in images and info and faces all our lives.

It was somehow proven that we only dream of people/ places we have already experienced in some way or another.

Something to do with the right side of your brain and the activity level which scientists monitored.

I know nothing about this stuff, I'm an engineer
but I do know for a fact we had a couple huge discussions in class about this.

Just stating what I learned in school.

as someone said here before.....think out of the box.....thats what this ATB is

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have had deja vu a couple of times, but not lately. I have been told that deja vu usually means you are on the right track or something..not sure how true that is.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

And what validity does it make for your argument that it is proven because of "prophecy dreaming"??? I think there is more evidence for how the brain works than there is for proving prophecies are real.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

I often have pre-cognition type dreams, people in the dreams will appear a few days later, and the curse is I sometimes see bad accidents happen to people I know. I like to think I have saved several people some bad injuries with this. Personally, I see it as a cure, rather than a gift.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join