It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

real life person in a dream

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RustyShakleford92

There are many instances in the Bible where people dreamed prophecies that came true. Some several hundreds of years later, some quite soon. I do not have to prove prophecy is real, it has been done.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is my first post. I've been reading the site for a quite a few months now though. I just thought I'd finally jump in somewhere.

I had a dream when I was in college about a random, not too good looking man. I woke up remembering his face very vividly but not being able to place it. That morning I got on the bus to go to campus, and there was a copy of the school paper sitting on the seat next to me. I picked it up and there was the guys face in the paper. Exactly like in my dream. It was definitely that day's paper, so I couldn't have seen it already. I can't remember the story now, but at the time I remember thinking it was a rather bland story about something that I had no association with whatsoever. I've never had that happen since, but it sure was weird and sticks out in my mind to this day.

First post accomplished.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I respectfully disagree with you. Maybe I think too scientific, but I believe there's an explanation for everything. The bible is a tough subject... is it true, fake, suppose to be taken literally...? If one is proven in the scientific community, somehow..... I would give it credit. There are so many people looking for attention or just sick saying they can prophesize things and see the future in their dreams, so it makes it a jokable subject to most people.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I agree that some of these topics are "hot button". It also looks like we are equally hard headed. I will agree to disagree with you on this one. Although I know your wrong.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Yes, it has happened to me a few times. Also dreaming of places that I hadn't been to yet. Who knows though, maybe reincarnation is real, and I just hadn't met them or been there in this lifetime.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

thanks; it is odd there is no way i could think that this person would run in any social circles that i have . i really though about it and they couldn't even be a friend or relative of a friend

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

i was taught in school that the vietnam war was started when north vietnamese attacked our warship in the gulf of tonkin. only doing my own research told me that we did that, not the koreans.

apparently the propaganda in your school was that everything we dream of has to be a real place that we are familiar with. there are many dreams in which the place im at is so surreal that it is indescribable in words. there is no way i say a picture of that place, or recognize the beings from said dream (beings, not people) from my waking life. you dont have to have experienced something for it to pop up in your dreams (assuming you even remember them)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

I can understand what you're saying. I had a dream a few years ago that was totally wild, and in a futuristic place, but it was so wild and vivid. A time later, I uncovered a folder I used for elementary school that had a graphic of the place I dreamed about that I had since I was very young. It brought back memories, and I understood it to be the source of my dream even though I had no recollection of the folder. So it could have came from something that you saw when you were younger and totally forgot about in your memories.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm not really sure how anyone can make the conclusion that dreams are a direct product of experience. We do not know how powerful the mind is and what exactly it's capable of..many parts of the brain aren't used and we have no idea what those parts may entail. I'm sure taking a physics class in 1940 is much different than today's branch of thought. People should really look into the work of Dr. Michio Kaku, truly the Einstein of our generation; his perspective is the most logical approach when it comes to the "abstract", which is where all the Science in our knowledge base is derived from. So don't act like some Psych class or book defines and concludes the capabilities of human conscience and capability.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92
reply to post by jed001

Hey.... as far as dreams go, you never ever EVER dream about anyone/ anything/ anyplace that you are not somehow familiar with. This is scientifically proven. You will not dream about a person you have never seen, or a place you've never seen, whether it was on a piece of paper as a picture, TV, in real life, or otherwise. I just finished a psych class last semester and went into dept about all of this but ill try and find something online for you.

You've already encountered the things in your dreams at some point or the other, and your mind scrambles them all up when you dream..
edit on 13-1-2011 by RustyShakleford92 because: (no reason given)

Despite Rusty's posting, I. too, have had the exact same experience. When I was a teenager, I had a dream about a girl I had never seen before. The very next day, this girl showed up at my work with her family! Come to find out, they had just moved to town that very day.

I do agree with Rusty that dreams seem to be comprised of information stored somewhere in your brain. Your gray matter records EVERYTHING you see/feel/hear/experience whether you are conscious of it or not and dreams may be a method of organizing that info. But to say you NEVER dream about things you aren't familiar with is a bold statement that, I believe, is not entirely true. In the end, we still aren't exactly sure WHY we dream. All we have are theories at this point.

Rusty, if you can post a link to these scientifically proven studies, I'd love to read them. I'm never too closed minded to learn something new! Plus, if I could explain to my patients why we dream with facts to back it up, that'd be SUPER helpful to me!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yeah I have met a real person in my dreams who I have not met in real life. It was three dreams in a row on three different nights actually. One was completely odd, a bunch of people dancing in a hall and here was this person, and I say, No, I can't dance and walk down the hall after a dude in his underwear comes out and starts dancing, so I say this is getting too weird for me and take off out the door at the end. The person turns, and says wait wait wait, we are just kidding. As for the second one that was even odder, it was in a dark wood home, around Christmas time. Some dude short was wearing elf ears holding a baby, another person was with a huge dude I am talking about, muscle bound mad man here, and two girls. Apparently I was married to this person have no idea who they are, but I was just walking around the house looking at was going on. Too many people and even three dogs actually, one which run's past me down the hall to the front door, and slides right into the wall. Then a woman in blue, long blonde hair asks me where I am going, I say I got to go get him cause he just called me and said he wasn't coming again.
Flash forward to the last dream, all on different nights like I said, standing talking to this person, holding a really small dog like a Chihuahua or something, all I know it was a brown fat little dog. In front of my brothers house actually. It was really short, I say all be right over here if you need me. And turn and walk away right at the street I woke up. Those are some brief descriptions but there you go. I don't put meaning behind them at all, just my brain acting up. But all three times I woke up with a gasp, and in a cold sweat. I do not want another dream with this person in it is all I say or I may seriously go off my rocker.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Theres hardly ever a night goes by without me having some sort of crazy dream and they do involve people I have never seen before or places i have been before. I cant ever remember seeing that guy from 'thisman' website. Looks like it would be a nightmare I did

Ive always wondered if when we dream of someone we have never met before, and if they are real people somewhere in the world, are they dreaming of seeing us in the same dream? Some sort of dream experiment should be done, but it would be huge I guess

I remember years ago, I had a dream I was in space floating around looking down on earth, then I started sliding down a huge slide back to earth and home. crazy
edit on 25-1-2011 by Paulos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I do not remember my dreams(do not know if i dream), but once i had a dream about someone long time ago.

Glad it turned out to be a nightmare, lol.
edit on 1/25/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I would say you have seen this girl before and she stuck in your subconscious mind. Maybe she walked by a store or a sign that made it stand out in your subconscious mind, then you dreamt about it that night. That, to me, is exactly what happened to you. Or something LIKE that. I really don't see any way you could have NEVER seen or known this person in your entire life, dream about her, then see her the next day. To me that is impossible.

As for De ja vu. I have read that we get this because our brains fail for a second, then start running normally, so the things your subconscious has taken in in that one second plays back to your conscious, so your conscious doesnt remember that one second of info, but your sub does and plays it back to your conscious so it looks like you've been there before. Except you haven't, and it's just the feeling you have because your brain is playing it back to you... if you get what I mean

The subconscious brain is a whole other crazy world. Look into it, read up about it.

Derren Brown talks a lot about it too. I think most of his acts are based around knowing the subconscious.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

That happened to me once. I live in Australia and passed the person on the street in San Francisco a year later.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baguette
I would say you have seen this girl before and she stuck in your subconscious mind. Maybe she walked by a store or a sign that made it stand out in your subconscious mind, then you dreamt about it that night. That, to me, is exactly what happened to you. Or something LIKE that. I really don't see any way you could have NEVER seen or known this person in your entire life, dream about her, then see her the next day. To me that is impossible.

As for De ja vu. I have read that we get this because our brains fail for a second, then start running normally, so the things your subconscious has taken in in that one second plays back to your conscious, so your conscious doesnt remember that one second of info, but your sub does and plays it back to your conscious so it looks like you've been there before. Except you haven't, and it's just the feeling you have because your brain is playing it back to you... if you get what I mean

Derren Brown talks a lot about it too. I think most of his acts are based around knowing the subconscious.

i really thought about this and there is no way that this girl could be anyone i knew she was years younger than me. i even tried to think that she could have been a friend or realtive of one of my friend's kids but no dice. i remembered the girl so well that if i would have seen her before this dream i would like to think that i would have remebered her she was that striking of a person.
The subconscious brain is a whole other crazy world. Look into it, read up about it.

edit on 26-1-2011 by jed001 because: whoops

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos
Theres hardly ever a night goes by without me having some sort of crazy dream and they do involve people I have never seen before or places i have been before. I cant ever remember seeing that guy from 'thisman' website. Looks like it would be a nightmare I did

Ive always wondered if when we dream of someone we have never met before, and if they are real people somewhere in the world, are they dreaming of seeing us in the same dream? Some sort of dream experiment should be done, but it would be huge I guess

I remember years ago, I had a dream I was in space floating around looking down on earth, then I started sliding down a huge slide back to earth and home. crazy
edit on 25-1-2011 by Paulos because: (no reason given)

i always wondered the same thing, did this person have a dream and i was in it. very odd

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92
I respectfully disagree with you. Maybe I think too scientific, but I believe there's an explanation for everything.

I agree there's an explanation for everything. However, our current science model isn't capable (yet) of providing all explanations for everything. It's limited by its methods and dogmas.

On dreams:

My mother dreamt the face of her second man about six months before she met him. They married a year later and are together some 25 years now.

She also dreamt the Herald of Fee Enterprise disaster ('87) the night it happened (and told us in shock about her dream, before we heard the news later on that day).
She had some similar dreams during other disasters throughout the years - always stating at breakfast "I had another oddly vivid dream last night". A sign for us to immediately check what happened that night - and be struck with awe.

I know thousands of people have similar dream experiences, however no scientific psychology class would be able (or willing) to explain this phenomenon. Although, I expect C.G. Jung to still be part of the subject matter?

So, unregarded the fact it's "scientifically impossible", prophetic, synchronistic or remote-viewing dreams do indeed happen to some people.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

There is very little known how the brain works. Do a little research.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join