It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange massive tears in the solar surface- Earth quivers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
That tear was enormous, I wonder how it could effect the earth

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

if you look down to the comments on the link, there is a poster that says its the same post from last year the sun doesn't look like that right now. So maybe somebody picked up some old news or some fear-mongering

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

Yes, I saw that. Note he left no link. Disinfo? The recent sun activity is remarkable. You can scroll through it yourself at the NASA link I posted earlier in this thread.

Piers Corbyn and Robert Felix are both making quite a lot of this recent sun activity. The effects on the weather and Earth changes will be profound. We'll see it shortly. Food crises by early summer. Mass starvation and riots will ensue. Fortunately, I live on a farm and even have a small heard of cows and plenty of popcorn ...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

You mean you aren't scoffing now? Why do you care if someone discounts your opinion? It seems obvious that some people have done the research to be able to conclude that the rip in the solar surface is neither current nor life threatening.

Present your facts and quiet your sensitive side. It makes it easier for everyone

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KarmicLife

It is current! Links were provided but this is a direct link to the image in the OP that is also on spaceweather.com. Note the date in the url:

Note the date January 12th 2011. It is the same photo from the blog in the OP. Are you saying that spaceweather.com is hoaxing? I think they are a reputable site, but before you accuse them of hoaxing, please post proof.

And .. no one said the coronal activity was life-threatening, although the resulting weather and Earth change catastrophes may well be.

edit on 13-1-2011 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
edit on 13-1-2011 by KarmicLife because: no good reason

I don't have to prove they are hoaxing because I never said that. I'm just spreading my words like everyone else on here. I looked at your link. It is a picture. I also looked at space.come and SOHO.....didn't see much there by way of the topic. Feel free to point me in a better direction.
edit on 13-1-2011 by KarmicLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It seems that this picture is from June 2010 ,Vandalour , you are right. This is , however the picture space weather had up yesterday. Odd.
podcast.hfradio.org...

The current coronal hole can be seen here .
www.nasa.gov...
edit on 13-1-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

edit on 13-1-2011 by KarmicLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Yes, that one is an older one -- pretty massive. It is not the one in the OP.

This extreme sun activity has been going on for about a year or so according to astrophysicist Piers Corbyn who thinks it is driving us into a mini-ice-age.

Glad we sorted out the photos.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KarmicLife

I did. I gave you the direct link to spaceweather.com for 12 Jan 2011 in a previous post. All of the pictures that I posted are from 2011.

Here is is again (sigh):

spaceweather.com...
edit on 13-1-2011 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Granted I dont know to much about the sun the picture with the huge coronal hole caught my interest. I looked coronal hole up on wikipedia and according to them coronal holes are normal and usually form at the north or south pole of the sun. I think its safe to say if that picture with the huge coronal hole is old that is even more scarey. According to wikipedia coronal holes can form anywhere any size but will be biggest around the solar maximum which happens every 11 years, last one being 2000(according to wikipedia) which puts 2011 due for a solar maximum but wikipedia is also contridicting saying every 11 years last being 2000 but next predicitied is may 2013

so if that picture is old why was there a huge hole when it wasnt the solar maximum?

en.wikipedia.org...

EDIT: I was mistaken. i believe i seen the 11 year info on spaceweather, trying to retrace my steps now -_- to find where i read that
edit on 13-1-2011 by WARhampster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WARhampster

Correct, the sun is out of its predicted cycle. Coronal holes happen and are "normal". The strangeness has to do with size, frequency, and, as you point out, timing.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WARhampster

You are not mistaken. They had originally predicted the solar maximum for 2011, but have pushed that to 2013 or 14 from what I last heard. Clearly the sun is behaving in an unpredictable manner (given the current understanding).

Would love to hear from a solar expert as to why the change in the predictions for the timing of the solar maximum.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
My GF and I have been trying to look this up since i seen the post. She found an interesting link. Im not really sure what im looking at but from what i can see on the 15th of jan 2011 Stereo_B (whatever that is) is going to get WRECKED by a HUGE solar flare

iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080...:44:00&window=-1&cygnetId=261

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy post about all the graphs showing something at the same time - not an expert so I am not sure what they were talking about but they were puzzled.

They were talking about these graphs from the seismograms around the world. It's pretty amazing when they all pick it up across the globe! You can check aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...
to see the graphs.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I see we have already had a 7.3 about 3 hours ago. Interested to see what else is to come ...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thank you for finding and posting this. I've been concerned with the large amounts of coronal mass ejections and solar winds that the Sun has been producing since the summer. I just started researching the Sun on space weather.com this past year. I'm just now understanding the sun and moons involvement with the earth and the cause of severe weather patterns. Our magnetosphere is screwed over royally.We can't fix the sun...sigh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join