It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange massive tears in the solar surface- Earth quivers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

No that was a different hole. The holes under discussion are from January 12, 2011.

Original link: theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

Same story at another source: spacefellowship.com...

I don't think there is anything "wrong" with the sun, but it is causing extremes when it behaves extremely (even if within normal variation). People are talking about it because everything the Sun does or doesn't do affects us here on Earth.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius
reply to post by rigel4

In the op's link if you read the comments below it does sayit is an old pic from last year. It goes on to say that the Sun does not look like that now. Old news I'm afraid

Rigel, so you believe comments left by anonymous internet posters before you believe your own eyes? Someone also posted a link to an image proving it was indeed current and debunking the previous commenter. Of course you could look it up yourself (sigh)

Your right, i never crossed checked it. Sorry for that. Can't say i have much of an opinion about the holes as stuff like this happens fairly often.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
OMG half the sun has been turned into a coronal hole!

This must be why the birds are dying and why earthquakes happen!!!

OMG 2012!!!!1!!!

Let me start by saying that the coronal holes effect weather on earth. The photo I posted at the beginning of the thread was from last year. It was meant to show that the coronal holes happen often.

What should not be dismissed, however, is that these coronal holes have a big impact on the earth. The larger the hole the more effect.

For example, the post above sarcastically posts a coronal hole from May 16, 2003

Well, since that coronal hole was so large it impacted weather on earth for the entire month of May

May 4-10 gave the U.S the most severe weather outbreak in history with over 393 tornadoes in 19 states

May. 21, a large earthquake kills 2200

So, yes when you see coronal holes in your spring/summer expect flooding and severe weather like what Australia has now

And if you see it in the winter, like the U.S is now, you will have heavy snowfall and cold temperatures

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Can you define extreme sun activity for me please?

Because as far as I'm aware there has been no extreme sun activity since 2000-2002.

To further back this up, here's a chart following sunspot progression:

edit on 13/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

May 4-10 gave the U.S the most severe weather outbreak in history with over 393 tornadoes in 19 states

Wow I didn't know coronal holes were so powerful! It managed to create all those tornadoes in the middle of tornado season 12 days before it even appeared!

May. 21, a large earthquake kills 2200

Which earthquake? There were 18 over magnitude 4 on the 21st.

Oddly enough there were 29 over 4 on the 22nd and 24 on the 20th

What's the significance of the 21st?

Or are you just ignorantly embracing pseudo science

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADUB77

ADUB77, thanks for that clear photo. Huge hole.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Double facepalm please!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
what does our magnetosphere look like now? There may have been these events in the past on the sun, but was the magnetosphere the same? Could the sun be causing the birds and fish to die by affecting our planet? It seems the weather is very freaky right now.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Well, I posted in past threads the following excerpts, and some other excerpts and links that show that changes in the Sun's activity causes not only changes in the climate, but also increases volcanic and magmatic activity on Earth as well as other disasters.

Any changes on the Sun from a sharp increase or decrease in activity has effects on Earth and several scientists have noted how during these times of fluctuating solar activity earthquakes, and magmatic activity on Earth increases at the same time.

As it is the Sun, and every planet and moon with an atmosphere has been undergoing dramatic changes which have been getting more pronounced. IMO it will only get worse before it gets better and several scientists seem to be saying the same thing

SCIENCE WITHOUT BORDERS. Transactions of the International Academy of Science H & E.
Vol.3. 2007/2008, SWB, Innsbruck, 2008 ISBN 978-9952-451-01-6 ISSN 2070-0334
ABOUT POSSIBLE INFLUENCE OF SOLAR ACTIVITY UPON SEISMIC AND VOLCANIC ACTIVITIES: LONG-TERM FORECAST

*Khain V.E., **Khalilov E.N.
*Moscow State University named after M.V.Lomonosov,
**International Academy of Science H&E (Austria, Innsbruck)

It has been determined that in the period of solar activity increase (11-year
cycles) there increase seismic and volcanic activities in the compression zone of
Earth and at the same time there decreases the activity in the tension zones of Earth.
On the basis of the discovered stable 11-year and 22-year cyclicalities in the seismic and volcanic activities and their high correlation with solar activity there has been made the long-term forecast until 2018. The next maximum of seismic and volcanic activity with very high amplitude for the compression zones of Earth is forecasted for the period 2012-2015.

www.khalilov.biz...

BTW, if you want to know who Elchin Khalilov (Khalilov E.N.) is here are a few facts that anyone can corroborate...

Dr.Prof. Elchin Khalilov (Azerbaijani: Elçin Xəlilov (born On April, 26th 1959, Baku, Azerbaijan) is a famous scientist in the sphere of geodynamics, seismology and tectonics.

en.wikipedia.org...

Solar activity as a triggering mechanism for earthquakes

John F. Simpsona, b

a Goodyear Aerospace Corporation, USA

b University of Akron, Akron, Ohio, USA

Received 7 November 1967; revised 16 December 1967. Available online 28 October 2002.

Abstract

Solar activity, as indicated by sunspots, radio noise and geomagnetic indices, plays a significant but by no means exclusive role in the triggering of earthquakes. Maximum quake frequency occurs at times of moderately high and fluctuating solar activity. Terrestrial solar flare effects which are the actual coupling mechanisms which trigger quakes appear to be either abrupt accelerations in the earth's angular velocity or surges of telluric currents in the earth's crust. The graphs presented in this paper permit probabilistic forecasting of earthquakes, and when used in conjunction with local indicators may provide a significant tool for specific earthquake prediction.

linkinghub.elsevier.com...

A relationship between solar activity and frequency of natural disasters in China
Journal Advances in Atmospheric Sciences
Publisher Science Press, co-published with Springer-Verlag GmbH
ISSN 0256-1530 (Print) 1861-9533 (Online)
Issue Volume 20, Number 6 / November, 2003
DOI 10.1007/BF02915516
Pages 934-939
Subject Collection Earth and Environmental Science
SpringerLink Date Sunday, June 08, 2008

Wang Zhongrui1 , Song Feng2 and Tang Maocang1

(1) Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 730000 Lanzhou
(2) Climate and Bio-Atmospheric Sciences Group, School of Natural Resource Sciences, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, USA

Received: 7 September 2002 Revised: 6 June 2003

Abstract The relationship between the length of the solar cycle, a good indicator of long-term change in solar activity, and natural disasters (drought, flood, and strong earthquakes) in China during the last 108 years is analyzed. The results suggest that the length of solar cycle may be a useful indicator for drought/flood and strong earthquakes. When the solar activity strengthens, we see the length of the solar cycle shorten and more floods occur in South China and frequent strong earthquakes happen in the Tibetan Plateau, but the droughts in East China as well as the strong earthquakes in Taiwan and at the western boundary of China are very few. The opposite frequencies occur when the solar activity weakens. The current study indicates that the solar activity may play an important role in the climate extremes and behavior in the lithosphere.

www.springerlink.com...

Solar activity and global seismicity of the earth

Journal Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Physics
Publisher Allerton Press, Inc. distributed exclusively by Springer Science+Business Media LLC
ISSN 1062-8738 (Print) 1934-9432 (Online)
Issue Volume 71, Number 4 / April, 2007
Category Proceedings of the XXIX All-Russia Conference on Cosmic Rays
DOI 10.3103/S1062873807040466
Pages 593-595
Subject Collection Physics and Astronomy
SpringerLink Date Wednesday, May 16, 2007

S. D. Odintsov1, G. S. Ivanov-Kholodnyi1 and K. Georgieva2

(1) Pushkov Institute of Terrestrial Magnetism, Ionosphere, and Radiowave Propagation, Russian Academy of Sciences, Troitsk, Moscow oblast, 142190, Russia
(2) Laboratory of Solar—Terrestrial Coupling, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sophia, Bulgaria

Abstract Results of studying the character and possible succession of cause-effect relations (in going from a disturbance source on the Sun to a response in the lithosphere in the range of periods from several days to the 11-year solar cycle) have been presented. It has been indicated that the maximum of seismic energy, released from earthquake sources in the 11-yr cycle of sunspots, is observed during the phase of cycle decline and lags 2 yr behind the solar cycle maximum. It has been established that the maximum in the number of earthquakes directly correlates with the instant of a sudden increase in the solar wind velocity.

Original Russian Text © S.D. Odintsov, G.S. Ivanov-Kholodnyi, K. Georgieva, 2007, published in Izvestiya Rossiiskoi Akademii Nauk. Seriya Fizicheskaya, 2007, Vol. 71, No. 4, pp. 608–610.

www.springerlink.com...

Relationship between global seismicity and solar activities

Journal Acta Seismologica Sinica
Publisher Seismological Society of China
ISSN 1000-9116 (Print) 1993-1344 (Online)
Issue Volume 11, Number 4 / July, 1998
DOI 10.1007/s11589-998-0096-5
Pages 495-500
Subject Collection Earth and Environmental Science
SpringerLink Date Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Gui-Qing Zhang1

(1) Beijing Astronomical Observatory, Chinese Academy of Science, 100101 Beijing, China

Received: 4 July 1997 Revised: 25 November 1997 Accepted: 25 November 1997

Abstract The relations between sunspot numbers and earthquakes (M≧6), solar 10.7 cm radio flux and earthquakes, solar proton events and earthquakes have been analyzed in this paper. It has been found that: (1) Earthquakes occur frequently around the minimum years of solar activity. Generally, the earthquake activities are relatively less during the peak value years of solar activity, some say, around the period when magnetic polarity in the solar polar regions is reversed. (2) the earthquake frequency in the minimum period of solar activity is closely related to the maximum annual means of sunspot numbers, the maximum annual means of solar 10.7 cm radio flux and solar proton events of a whole solar cycle, and the relation between earthquake and solar proton events is closer than others. (3) As judged by above interrelationship, the period from 1995 to 1997 will be the years while earthquake activities are frequent. In the paper, the simple physical discussion has been carried out.
Key words solar activity - sunspot numbers - solar radio flux - solar proton events

These results supported the exploration and studies of some researchers to a certain extent.

This work is supported by Foundation of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (major item).

www.springerlink.com...

Annales Geophysicae (2003) 21: 597–602
c European Geosciences Union 2003

High-energy charged particle bursts in the near-Earth space as
earthquake precursors
S. Yu. Aleksandrin1, A. M. Galper1, L. A. Grishantzeva1, S. V. Koldashov1, L. V. Maslennikov1, A.M. Murashov1,
P. Picozza2, V. Sgrigna3, and S. A. Voronov1
1Space Physics Institute, Moscow State Engineering Physics Institute, Kashirskoe shosse 31, 115409 Moscow, Russia
2Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Rome ”Tor Vergata” and INFN Sez. Rome2, via della Ricerca Scientifica 1, I–00133 Rome, Italy
3Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Rome ”Roma Tre”, via della Vasca Navale, 84, I–00146 Rome, Italy
Received: 21 July 2001 – Revised: 21 May 2002 – Accepted: 11 July 2002

Abstract. The experimental data on high-energy charged
particle fluxes, obtained in various near-Earth space experiments
(MIR orbital station, METEOR-3, GAMMA and
SAMPEX satellites) were processed and analyzed with the
goal to search for particle bursts. Particle bursts have been selected
in every experiment considered. It was shown that the
significant part of high-energy charged particle bursts correlates with seismic activity. Moreover, the particle bursts are observed several hours before strong earthquakes; L-shells of particle bursts and corresponding earthquakes are practically the same
. Some features of a seismo-magnetosphere connection model, based on the interaction of electromagnetic emission of seismic origin and radiation belt particles, were considered.

Key words. Ionospheric physics (energetic particles,
trapped; energetic particles, precipitating; magnetosphereionosphere
interactions)

hal.archives-ouvertes.fr...

As to why is this sort of research important for us now? Some of you might remember the following, or you might have forgotten.

Cosmic Rays Hit Space Age High

ScienceDaily (Sep. 29, 2009) — Planning a trip to Mars? Take plenty of shielding. According to sensors on NASA's ACE (Advanced Composition Explorer) spacecraft, galactic cosmic rays have just hit a Space Age high.

"In 2009, cosmic ray intensities have increased 19% beyond anything weve seen in the past 50 years," says Richard Mewaldt of Caltech. "The increase is significant, and it could mean we need to re-think how much radiation shielding astronauts take with them on deep-space missions."

The cause of the surge is solar minimum, a deep lull in solar activity that began around 2007 and continues today. Researchers have long known that cosmic rays go up when solar activity goes down. Right now solar activity is as weak as it has been in modern times, setting the stage for what Mewaldt calls "a perfect storm of cosmic rays."

"We're experiencing the deepest solar minimum in nearly a century," says Dean Pesnell of the Goddard Space Flight Center, "so it is no surprise that cosmic rays are at record levels for the Space Age."

www.sciencedaily.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I think this is the result of a large comet skimming the suface of the Sun, there is another thread on ATS about it. I just can't understand that if the Sun is as hot as they tell us it is, and Comets are covered in ice it should have exploded, but it was seen going on and even brighter after coming in contact with the Sun. Strange!!
Here is a NASA gov link to that story. Thanks for posting this, if the comet caused that much damage on the Sun thank God it wasn't earth. Link Here.
science.nasa.gov...
edit on 13-1-2011 by coolottie because: You know I'm a newbee and put up the wrong link, Sorry

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
The only thing worth worrying about, is the damage to our modern electrical infrastructure.. Which is serious enough in itself.

Nothing to worry about when you have man made superconducting "trails" above you acting like a make shift faraday cage. Put your intellect around that concept for just a second and tell me what you think.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
what really pains me is that we have dedicated so much time and money to the great scam of global warming, when all cosmic disturbances/irregularities we have witnessed lately are the result of something much more serious..

while I cannot provide the exact answer, we could've spent our resources trying to find it, instead of funding some joke. that doesn't mean im "anti-green" or whatever you may call it...our efforts against human indulgence have been great. but something is happening, and we are, for the most part, clueless as to what it really is.

Peace to you all..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Basically it means that half of the Earth may be seriously screwed.

Watch for movement into the bunkers.

Isn't it possible that while everyone was running around talking about global warming, the elite spent the last 20 years or so building bunkers for something much more real?
edit on 14-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: add

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Why I don't see that huge coronal hole in the Sun, did it turned other side? I'm looking SDO right now. Sun is pretty smooth now with some flares. Those black parts are NOT coronal holes, and Spaceweather.com gives only 1% change for strong flare.

edit on 14-1-2011 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

yes, it is currently on the NASA website.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It must be very interesting for our E.T. friends studying us, to see how hard is for us to accept a change, just because this change is out of our control.

The "It's normal - I don't see anything - You are crazy" reaction is becoming more and more popular here between us, this is embarrassing for the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

"It's the end of the world as we know it.....and I feel fine".........not really, pretty scared actually....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

it's very strange how you proceed, each time you answered a post
you assails us with your truth.
there is a rational part of me that listens to you but one that completely rejects
because there are a lot of complacency and arrogance, you say you want to help but you still have things to learn about pedagogy ... and the phrase of Albert Einstein
"We are all ignorant, We Do not aim Ignore The Same Thing" and a really strong,this is the wisdom that you have not yet acquired
I'm not a sermonizer but it become annoying
So yes you have some knowledge
we all can also copy and paste images and text from Internet
but what is truth? There yours, mine and that of all others. All truth is that the truth of who said it. There is much truth as individuals.this is not a competition
There is no absolute truth, and men are wrong much less, without a glimpse of the truth, that without being aware of its limitations.

The truth is always seeking his own truth

thank you for all the information you give, it help to have a large picture of what we are watching and it gives me idea of information I need to remember,as OP do, but stop this arrogance because it puts you at the same level of ignorant people, nobody listen to them.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

reply to post by ADUB77

Thank you, quite dramatic. Now look at Mike Battros analysis here:

groups.yahoo.com...

He proposes that the mass deaths might be related to previous sun activity. So, are we in for another wave of earthquakes and mass deaths?

The Chinese thought of it first.
They came with this theorie about a week or two ago when the fitrst death became known.

Solar activity does trigger seismic events, or atleast it can. So yes we can expect more quackes, the first where recorded yesterday near Japan I believe and more is yet to come.
The mass death haven't stopped, the media just stopped reporting them.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Strange massive tears in the solar surface- Earth quivers

January 12, 2011 – There is massive tearing on the solar surface in the latest pictures of the solar corona transmitted by SOHO. May we be the first to say that what we’re looking at is altogether strange and a little bizarre.

Well, this is not my field but I would be interested in the opinions of those in astrophysics and related fields. I do know that the sun influences a lot of activity on Earth from weather to earthquakes and may hav something to do with the odd dieoffs we are seeing.

The photo at the link is shocking!

and the hole is right above my state??

freakin chem trails

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join