It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange massive tears in the solar surface- Earth quivers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Strange massive tears in the solar surface- Earth quivers

January 12, 2011 – There is massive tearing on the solar surface in the latest pictures of the solar corona transmitted by SOHO. May we be the first to say that what we’re looking at is altogether strange and a little bizarre.

Well, this is not my field but I would be interested in the opinions of those in astrophysics and related fields. I do know that the sun influences a lot of activity on Earth from weather to earthquakes and may hav something to do with the odd dieoffs we are seeing.

The photo at the link is shocking!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Everything is going to crap right nowEverything

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Theonlywoody

I have notices - as we all have ... I have just never seen coronal holes this dramatic!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
That black spot likes the size of a few Jupiters.
Hope i'm on the dark side of earth when TSHF!

Also nice input

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

Thank you, quite dramatic. Now look at Mike Battros analysis here:

groups.yahoo.com...

He proposes that the mass deaths might be related to previous sun activity. So, are we in for another wave of earthquakes and mass deaths?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I was just at the Earthquake 2011 thread and they posted the Japan quake (a deep quake) and also a post about all the graphs showing something at the same time - not an expert so I am not sure what they were talking about but they were puzzled. Now a tear in the solar surface - I saw the SOHO earlier today and thought perhaps it was a filament. Thanks for starting this thread - I hope some come on that can help piece all this together - I am getting very concerned.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

The image is blowing my mind - thanks!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
A similar size hole was visible in May and July of 2010.

In fact, a quick search turned up this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Even more eerie is that if you look at the thread and the pictures above, they look the same?!

Or is it just me?

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yes, I saw the article not but an hour ago. I also saw that there was a massive cme today as well. Not sure what is going on or if there is correlation with the tear in the coronal holes and the cme?. When I went to SOHO movie theater about an hour ago, I typed in the last 50 frames which show the cme.

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

It is one of the larger cme's I have seen. The next few days may give us more info of what's up!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The article is informative but unnerving. My question would be when would we expect to see the full impact from the coronal hole (is that happening now or will it get worse before its over?) When will it close up again?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I looked at my Quake App. There has been 5 quakes here in Cali and more over the U.S. and even more around the world. I set it to show 2.0 and above after reading this thread. But before I did the map showed 4.0 and above scattered more than the daily usual. I check it everyday. Volcanos. 49 out of 50 states snowed -Hawaii, if it snows there then ........ Floods. Heavy Rain. But where I am, it was a cool partly cloudy day. With no birds. Did not see one except mine and he slept all day. Saw an Hummingbird yesterday. Was odd to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If you go to the SOHO sight you will see that there is a black box on the Blue sun image.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Spaceweather.com stated CME should effect earth on or close to Jan 14th.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Not to undermine the OP, 'cause I'm not an expert in this field, but the source for the OP is a wordpress blog with the title, "extinction protocol," is that right? Is there any other site reporting this; maybe NASA?

If it is indeed true, then maybe I gotta get me another bottle of Jack tonight.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

Spaceweather.com is reporting it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The Sun is awesome and terrifying. I'm always in awe of its power.
Anyway, I doubt what you're seeing are actual "tears" in the Sun.
What you're seeing are cooler regions (3,000–4,500 K) on the Sun's surface - completely normal.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is absolutely the biggest coronal hole that I have ever seen.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bffdb5a0fa0e.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join