It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange massive tears in the solar surface- Earth quivers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
i don't know if anyone else experienced what i did..but day before yest..i had like a spark moment ..u knw my ears started ringing for 3 or 4 seconds..a strange feeling....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Here is some information that may help many members understand more about our sun.

Coronal Holes:

Coronal holes are large regions in the corona that are less dense and cooler than surrounding areas. The open structure of their magnetic field allows a constant flow of high-density plasma to stream out of the holes. There is an increase in the intensity of the solar wind effects on Earth when a coronal hole faces us.

Source: helios.gsfc.nasa.gov...

So what are solar winds?

Solar Winds:

The solar wind is a stream of charged particles ejected from the upper atmosphere of the Sun. It mostly consists of electrons and protons with energies usually between 10 and 100 keV. The stream of particles varies in temperature and speed over time.

Source:en.wikipedia.org...

What influences can this have on earth?

the solar wind can have a large influence on our planet, particularly in times of the active Sun (near sunspot maximum) when the wind is strong and can contain bursts corresponding to flares and coronal mass ejections from the Sun. The solar wind has a significant influence on our ionosphere, the Earth's magnetic field, on Earth's auroras, and on telecommunication systems.

Source: csep10.phys.utk.edu...

Although this sounds somewhat alarmist there really is no reason to worry unless we are in the direct path of CME's (Coronal Mass Ejections) or solar flares. Although it is not certain if Solar flares follow a cycle CME's become more common during the Solar Maximum (which last occured in 2000) and less common during solar minimum. Currently we are at about solar Minimum.

So what are CME's and solar flares?

CME's:

Coronal mass ejections (or CMEs) are huge bubbles of gas threaded with magnetic field lines that are ejected from the Sun over the course of several hours.

Solar Flares:

A solar flare is a tremendous explosion on the Sun that happens when energy stored in 'twisted' magnetic fields (usually above sunspots) is suddenly released. In a matter of just a few minutes they heat material to many millions of degrees and produce a burst of radiation across the electromagnetic spectrum, including from radio waves to x-rays and gamma rays.

What do CME's and solar flares do?

CME's:

Coronal Mass Ejections disrupt the flow of the solar wind and produce disturbances that strike the Earth with sometimes catastrophic results.

Large geomagnetic storms have, among other things, caused electrical power outages and damaged communications satellites. The energetic particles driven along by CMEs can be damaging to both electronic equipment and astronauts or passengers in high-flying aircraft.

Solar Flares:

Scientists classify solar flares according to their brightness in the x-ray wavelengths. There are three categories: X-class flares are big; they are major events that can trigger radio blackouts around the whole world and long-lasting radiation storms in the upper atmosphere. M-class flares are medium-sized; they generally cause brief radio blackouts that affect Earth's polar regions. Minor radiation storms sometimes follow an M-class flare. Compared to X- and M-class events, C-class flares are small with few noticeable consequences here on Earth.

Sources:solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov...
www.esa.int...

The disturbance of solar winds, CME's, and solar flares effect's are measurable and viewable thanks to SOHO.

By no way is this all the information available but I hope the information I provided was fairly comprehensible and helpful. Keep watching SOHO!

Peace & Respect

AS

PS: Knowledgeable members please add more if you think it is necessary or correct anything I may have got wrong

edit on 14-1-2011 by AeonStorm because: PS

edit on 14-1-2011 by AeonStorm because: Structure

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Holyhell!!! That is one EVIL looking sun right there. And I too hope I'm on the dark side of earth when the sun decides to drop a barf on us.

I'm really happy for posts like RUSSO's 10 survival downloads thread when I see something like this. Assuming I'm not a deep fried hairless monkey that is.

Ok seriously, someone has to have seen something like this before, right?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BoneMosaic

In the last year or so, there has been an increase in dramatic sun activity. We have noted a great deal of wild weather and Earth changes. I would expect more of that. I am concerned that 2011 will be the year the New Madrid fault wakes up.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

In the last year or so, there has been an increase in dramatic sun activity. We have noted a great deal of wild weather and Earth changes. I would expect more of that. I am concerned that 2011 will be the year the New Madrid fault wakes up.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So would the solar winds be an explanation for my phone being unable to connect to anything today using GPRS? Or do I just have a rubbish cell provider? lol

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by make the blind see
what really pains me is that we have dedicated so much time and money to the great scam of global warming, when all cosmic disturbances/irregularities we have witnessed lately are the result of something much more serious..

You are very right about this my friend. I just wish it doesn't get as bad as I fear it will get.
Anthropogenic Global Warming is nothing more than another excuse to usher in the one World Government.

Instead of concentrating, and trying to clean up the real polluters, the elites have brainwashed people into believing atmospheric CO2 is bad, when in fact more atmospheric CO2 would be benefitial to all life on Earth.

It is clear that the elites are not interested in the real clean up of the planet, but instead to cause more problems.

Capturing atmospheric CO2 will stunt and will even stop all green biomass from producing harvests, which will mean more global famine, which ironically coincides with the elites wanting to depopulate the Earth as much as possible.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Wow I didn't know coronal holes were so powerful! It managed to create all those tornadoes in the middle of tornado season 12 days before it even appeared!

You still keep ignoring the fact that when solar activity is down it means our magnetosphere is bombarded with more radiation and other energetic particles from outside the Solar System which also affect the weather.

SCIENTISTS disagree with your arrogant claims, yet you, and some others keep trying to espouse your ignorance as if it was the truth.

I am not talking about the dates given by that other member, but in general your demeanor towards this topic which you obviously have no knowledge about yet you still are trying to sound as if you were an expert in this field.

edit on 14-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Good info, except that many other scientists have noted that fluctuations, either an increase or decrease in the activity of the Sun has other effects on Earth, including an increase in seismic activity, magmatic activity, as well as other natural disasters which increase during these times.

There are literaly dozens, upon dozens of peer reviewed papers in which scientists have noted and report a link between fluctuating solar activity and an increase on natural disasters on Earth.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Thank you for coming into the thread and weighing in on the discussion! You obviously know a lot more about this field than I do and it is good to have your input. I'm no astrophysicist but I have been researching these relationships and find them fascinating. Not enough attention is being paid to this, in spite of what we have seen in the last year. This year, the weather and Earth changes may be even more extreme.

Why do you think about the position held by Piers Corbyn, Robert Felix, and a growing number of others, that we may be headed into a mini ice-age due to the effects of the sun and other larger forces?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Sorry GG, before I just saw the 2012 references and as soon as that fanatical crap comes up I switch off. If you're genuinely interested in comparing serious data between solar activity and natural phenomenon then I'm all for it, it's a topic that interests me greatly and needs to be researched. Unfortunately I have little time to delve into it at the moment due to my studies.
If you want to make a serious attempt to see what the correlation is between solar activity and various natural events on Earth (i.e. weather, earthquakes, etc) then I would recommend choosing the specific things you are interested in and plotting the data against solar events/sunspot number etc.

For instance there is a correlation between solar activity and the riverflow of the Parana river:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4df59663669d.png[/atsimg]
wattsupwiththat.com...

The original paper is here:

Long-term solar activity influences on South
American rivers

I have not read it myself, even though it is about 10 months old now I only found out about it recently and haven't found time to look, so I can't tell you what it says yet I'm afraid. Hopefully you and any other readers will find it interesting though.

I haven't looked at this either (yes naughty me I know) but this is a presentation about Solar Activity and it's relation to Nile flooding:

iaga.cu.edu.eg...

However, as I said before the Sun is not behaving unusually at the moment in the grand scheme of things. There isn't going to be anything like the fun but ridiculous Roland Emmerich movie 2012 (for a start Neutrinos do not affect physical matter, millions are passing through you as you read this) so it's not something to worry about.
It's actually quite quiet relatively speaking and unlikely to produce a particularly memorable high, the only issue is our techonology is more advanced now and more vulnerable.
See what data you can find and plot it, it's all out there but people need to analyse it

Don't be disappointed if you don't find connections between some things, it's probably a good thing. I remember somewhere on here someone plotted earthquake data vs solar activity, there was no correlation. Not something to be disappointed about really.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

The Sun's activity doesn't have to be high to cause extreme changes on Earth. Either fluctuation up or down does affect the Earth's climate, and there have been several studies that show not only that the Sun's activity does affects earthquakes, magmatic activities and other natural disasters but when the activity of the Sun is lower than normal it means that more charged particles from outside the Solar System make their way into the inner Solar System and causes changes on Earth and other planets.

I gave several peer reviewed research a few pages back which shows solar activity does affects earthquakes on Earth, and then there is the following.

Annales Geophysicae (2003) 21: 597–602
c European Geosciences Union 2003

High-energy charged particle bursts in the near-Earth space as
earthquake precursors
S. Yu. Aleksandrin1, A. M. Galper1, L. A. Grishantzeva1, S. V. Koldashov1, L. V. Maslennikov1, A.M. Murashov1,
P. Picozza2, V. Sgrigna3, and S. A. Voronov1
1Space Physics Institute, Moscow State Engineering Physics Institute, Kashirskoe shosse 31, 115409 Moscow, Russia
2Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Rome ”Tor Vergata” and INFN Sez. Rome2, via della Ricerca Scientifica 1, I–00133 Rome, Italy
3Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Rome ”Roma Tre”, via della Vasca Navale, 84, I–00146 Rome, Italy
Received: 21 July 2001 – Revised: 21 May 2002 – Accepted: 11 July 2002

Abstract. The experimental data on high-energy charged
particle fluxes, obtained in various near-Earth space experiments
(MIR orbital station, METEOR-3, GAMMA and
SAMPEX satellites) were processed and analyzed with the
goal to search for particle bursts. Particle bursts have been selected
in every experiment considered. It was shown that the
significant part of high-energy charged particle bursts correlates with seismic activity. Moreover, the particle bursts are observed several hours before strong earthquakes; L-shells of particle bursts and corresponding earthquakes are practically the same
. Some features of a seismo-magnetosphere connection model, based on the interaction of electromagnetic emission of seismic origin and radiation belt particles, were considered.

Key words. Ionospheric physics (energetic particles,
trapped; energetic particles, precipitating; magnetosphereionosphere
interactions)

hal.archives-ouvertes.fr...

Cosmic Rays Hit Space Age High

ScienceDaily (Sep. 29, 2009) — Planning a trip to Mars? Take plenty of shielding. According to sensors on NASA's ACE (Advanced Composition Explorer) spacecraft, galactic cosmic rays have just hit a Space Age high.

"In 2009, cosmic ray intensities have increased 19% beyond anything weve seen in the past 50 years," says Richard Mewaldt of Caltech. "The increase is significant, and it could mean we need to re-think how much radiation shielding astronauts take with them on deep-space missions."

The cause of the surge is solar minimum, a deep lull in solar activity that began around 2007 and continues today. Researchers have long known that cosmic rays go up when solar activity goes down. Right now solar activity is as weak as it has been in modern times, setting the stage for what Mewaldt calls "a perfect storm of cosmic rays."

"We're experiencing the deepest solar minimum in nearly a century," says Dean Pesnell of the Goddard Space Flight Center, "so it is no surprise that cosmic rays are at record levels for the Space Age."

www.sciencedaily.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Excellent thread girlgenius will have to keep an eye skyward, should be easy as I try to anyways. I have to laugh though because as usual important things going on up there and our forecast is for lake snow once again. Murphys law I suppose!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius

There was an ATS Thread which documented a sun spot in the shape of the haitian island group -- on the day of the earthquake in Haiti. Shortly there after,there was another sun spot sighting in the shape or a Pacific island group where there was a current earthquake. Then, at the time of the Olympics in BC -- there was a set of 5 sun spots in the shape of the Olympic emblem. Who could write on the surface ot the Sun -- but GOD?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Why do you think about the position held by Piers Corbyn, Robert Felix, and a growing number of others, that we may be headed into a mini ice-age due to the effects of the sun and other larger forces?

Thank you for the thread.

There are scientists who also say the Earth seems to be heading into at least another Little Ice Age, if not a full blown Ice Age, but we can never be sure as to what the Sun will do. However imo I think that we will see more dramatic changes on the Sun, some which could be extreme, before things get back "to normal."

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

I to have had a strange ringing in my ears, but it's more like a high pitch tone, can't tell where it is coming from, and it only seems to come at night. I have no idea what this is.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Truth3r because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2011 by Truth3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Thank you for this information. The sun has a profound impact on us here on Earth and the material you provided is excellent background.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Yes, I've been following the mini-ice-age info after I stumbled on Piers Corbyn a couple of years ago. I was reading in a "popular" but seemingly well-researched book last night called "Natural Disasters That Changed The World" (Castleden) that we may still be in the Pleistocene Ice Age which started 2.6 million years ago.

The author proposes that we are in a "warm spot" and it will have more cooling/warming blips but we may well glaciate again before we come out of it. Beyond our lifetimes, for the glaciation, but it's a whole different view of the world than I am used to!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecondComing

There was an ATS Thread which documented a sun spot in the shape of the haitian island group -- on the day of the earthquake in Haiti. Shortly there after,there was another sun spot sighting in the shape or a Pacific island group where there was a current earthquake. Then, at the time of the Olympics in BC -- there was a set of 5 sun spots in the shape of the Olympic emblem. Who could write on the surface ot the Sun -- but GOD?

The signs are all around us, if only we have eyes open to seeing them. In truth it is the work of the Seraphic Order under the direction of Michael the Archangel that are causing the massive flares. It's all tied in with the Spiritual War, Tribulation and events leading up to the Rapture and Armageddon.

Yahweh's message is this:

Yahweh, our God and Creator pours out His wrath upon mankind leading up to Armageddon. It is His will that you all know exactly where it is coming from.

"There will be no peace on Earth until My Son's Kingdom. I will crush every kingdom now standing and rock the earth off its foundation. I Yahweh will destroy every enemy to My throne, and who can stop Me? Who can turn back My anger? No one." - Yahweh

Matthew 10:34 "Don't assume that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is His name."

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
not tears or holes guys, just cooler seas, whiter means hotter, darker means cooler, simple really, don't panic

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join