It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plus degrees in December (Polar night ends TWO DAYS early? )

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Symer

Thanx for the info but I was referring to the understanding, which was gathered by a prophecy in the great pyramid of giza for may 5 2005, that if the poles flipped the result would be a planetary "flip". As the Ice Caps melt a huge chunk would slip off and the resulting water would find its way to the equator. The resulting shift in weight in the area the water from the huge mass of ice slipping into the water would cause the earth to tilt until it would topple over.

Or something like that. Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The sun rises two days early in Greenland, sparking fears that global warming is accelerating
The sun over Greenland has risen two days early, baffling scientists and sparking fears that Arctic icecaps are melting faster than previously thought.

Experts say the summer sun should have risen over the Archtic nation's most westerly town, Ilulissat, today.
www.dailymail.co.uk... wsxml

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
reply to post by Symer

Thanx for the info but I was referring to the understanding, which was gathered by a prophecy in the great pyramid of giza for may 5 2005, that if the poles flipped the result would be a planetary "flip". As the Ice Caps melt a huge chunk would slip off and the resulting water would find its way to the equator. The resulting shift in weight in the area the water from the huge mass of ice slipping into the water would cause the earth to tilt until it would topple over.

Or something like that. Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
To clarify, polar night ends two days early" means a place where it's perpetual night for months saw the sun two days ahead of the schedule, right? Seems to me this is a pretty big deal. But boonie had a good point (I might have missed replies to it)...Did the opposite happen? Does anyone on earth suffer perpetual day? lol

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The saying: As above so below comes to mind.
Any place that experiences perpetual night (as you put it) will also experience the opposite.
www.timeanddate.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
To clarify, polar night ends two days early" means a place where it's perpetual night for months saw the sun two days ahead of the schedule, right? Seems to me this is a pretty big deal. But boonie had a good point (I might have missed replies to it)...Did the opposite happen? Does anyone on earth suffer perpetual day? lol

I was thinking this exact thing. IF and only if there was a change in the sun's position in our sky, night would have lasted 2 days longer in Antarctica (because it rose 2 day's earlier in Greenland). After a quick search there is no indication that the Antarctica experienced 2 more day's of night. I think this should put the theory that the sun's position relative to earth has changed to rest unless of course someone does happen to find, through a more thorough search, that the Antarctica has in fact experienced this.

This, I think, should put an end to that theory.

Peace

AS
edit on 13-1-2011 by AeonStorm because: SP

edit on 13-1-2011 by AeonStorm because: Structure

edit on 13-1-2011 by AeonStorm because: ^^

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Experts say the summer sun should have risen over the Archtic nation's most westerly town, Ilulissat, today. www.dailymail.co.uk...

The article is a word for word repeat of the one in your OP.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I guess we can make light of it (as you appear to be doing) or...... read a lot more into it.

Rather than make an ass of myself, I read about it before posting. I checked the links in the article and then had a look through recent news on Greenland news sites. Nothing out there. It was early so maybe I missed something?

I'd say if the Sun's been rising....after a typical season of darkness...on Jan.13th for centuries (if not millennium) then one year it arose on the 11th instead..... I think I'd be a little alarmed too.

Don't be offended by this question, but I'll ask it anyway. Are you aware that it's the same sun that everyone sees? I met a guy once who thought hotter countries had their own sun. He hadn't really thought about it, so it made sense to him.

The sun can't be rising 'TWO DAYS early' if it's rising on schedule in every other country. This being the case, your interpretation of the article must be mistaken.

In several of your ATS posts and threads, you stand out as an excitable guy. Is it just possible that you've overreacted slightly to this article? Rather than the Earth moving/constellations shifting/OMFG panic scenario you're experiencing...could it be a simple case of a brighter sky on the 11th of January?

reply to post by theRhenn

Correct, but it has to be something noticable that hasnt been seen before.

I agree that it seems like something unusual occurred. Something weather-based seems more likely than some of the suggestions being raised in the thread. If the sunrise is on time everywhere else on the planet, it's on time in Greenland.

edit on 13-1-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

With all do respect, I believe you are relating the sun's position to sunrise which is related but vaguely. Sunrise is when the sun breaks the horizon and the sun's position in the sky is relative to the earth's tilt or lack thereof depending on how you perceive it.

One is local and the other is Global.

Peace and Respect,

AS
edit on 13-1-2011 by AeonStorm because: Additional Info

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Experts say the summer sun should have risen over the Archtic nation's most westerly town, Ilulissat, today. www.dailymail.co.uk...

The article is a word for word repeat of the one in your OP.

Yes I know. I did that because I am hearing scuttlebutt that some crazy senior up in Greenland was creating this rumor therefore it was unfounded.
So I wanted to make it clear that it made National News (like the Tampa airport incident which 'was no big deal' according to the debunkers)
That's all.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

i am in no way an expert in this matter but i think that the polar ice sheet refered to would have to melt by hundres of miles for this degree of differencess . wow. is there an honest astrophysisist out there who could give us there opinion or advice.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

The sun rises two days early in Greenland, sparking fears that global warming is accelerating
The sun over Greenland has risen two days early, baffling scientists and sparking fears that Arctic icecaps are melting faster than previously thought.

Experts say the summer sun should have risen over the Archtic nation's most westerly town, Ilulissat, today.
www.dailymail.co.uk... wsxml

thank you for the link! i was hoping to see an article about this aside from what was in the OP.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

(Mods, although this is Breaking News, I needed to translate it and not being positive on its translation, I didn't want to chance mis-quoting anything. So if you need to please move to Breaking News section)

So, what do we have here? The Sun rising two days EARLIER and that is due to global warming (too)?
I am no expert or even a B student when it comes to science but I cannot for the life of me, incorporate let alone understand the Sun's movement on Earth and.................the weather.

Sure I realize we can have optical illusions but come on.....two places on the global (Arctic and Greenland) are experiencing Sun light when it's not supposed to?

And global warming? That cliche has gotten a LOT of bang for its buck! Gore should be proud. But needless to say, that's another area of contention. I thought we are in a mini-ice-age?
So what gives?
Ya think they confused the masses pretty well? I'd rate this a stellar performance by the PTB who want to keep us scratching our heads!

In Greenland, the sun after the polar night of this year has risen by two days early. According to the KNR Radio Greenland showed the central star in Ilulissat, on Tuesday at exactly 12:56:57 Clock. Normally, the sun rises in the West Greenland settlement, however, until 13 First time in January again.

An expert from the University of Vienna suggests that the observation may be due to the recent strong accelerated melting of the Greenland ice sheet. One thing is certain - the constellation of the stars has certainly changed.
The Greenlandic town IlulissatAP / Michael KappelerIlulissat is located in West Greenland and living from fishing and tourism.

Inhabitants of the third-largest city with 4,500 inhabitants of Greenland, made because of the early sun appeared worried. "Here in the place the sun comes up until 13 January. Since one or the other probably does not, "cited a 74-year-old KNR locals in a report on its website.
No change in the Earth's rotation

Scientists rule out any case that the observation could have geophysical or astronomical reasons. "In the constellation of the stars has not changed," said Wolfgang Lenhardt, head of the geophysics department at the Central Institute for Meteorology and Geodynamics (ZAMG) in Vienna. "There would have been an outcry around the world." The data of Earth's axis and Earth's rotation would be monitored continuously and meticulously.
Horizon decreases

translate.google.com...|en&tbb=1&ie=UTF-8
news.orf.at...

Then we had the report of light shining in High Arctic during their 24-hour period of darkness. And that TOO is being blamed on global warming.

People in the High Arctic say their 24-hour darkness isn't as dark as it used to be, and a weather researcher says it's because of the warming climate.

"We still have a daylight and there's still blue, green, red down there — there's sun sign still," said Zipporah Ootooq Aronsen, who lives in Resolute Bay, Nunavut. "It's not usually like that."

People in Resolute Bay now sometimes see a distant island that in the past was only visible during daylight hours.

Read more: www.cbc.ca...#ixzz1ApjWUhwB

Really now.

edit on 12-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: grammar and quote

Polar shift, If the poles shift, for ex: 100 miles to the right or the left. From a visual stand point, you only notice it in the form of time. What I mean is, the earth itself is not tilting up and down, it adjusting its spin left or right to coincide with the poles ( as the earth spins on the poles themselves) , What once was a mid day sun, is now off one way or the other given the direction of the shift. the closer you are to the poles, the more drastic this time shift appears, Where as, as you travel toward the equator, it becomes less noticeable. I hope I explained this correctly, kind of hard to give a short explanation of the affect.

Research suggests that the poles are shifting towards Russia ...
I believe the poles are reading themselves for a shift ( flip). A historical moment to say the least.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Nah man. That really wouldn't It's not like someone is ploping down a massive wall, suddenly stopping the flow of he third largest river on Earth. It's a slow change. Very gradual. The river never really stops. As a result, it won't alter anything. Remember, objects in motion remain in motion unless acted on by an external force. If the river is changed, it continues its relativity to the Earth.

Now, if you were to suddenly cause a massive tidal wave along the entire pacific ocean and the tidal wave somehow hit the coast of the US systematically at the same time, then yes, it would alter the orbit. But only ever so slightly.

A river simply is not enough to do that.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
New documentary recounts bizarre climate changes seen by Inuit elders

"Imagine how this feels: The land and weather are turning erratic and dangerous. Warmer, unpredictable winds are coming from strange directions. Severe floods threaten to wash away towns. And native animals, the food supply, aren’t behaving as they used to, their bodies less capable in the changing climate.

Even stranger is the fact that the sun now appears to set many kilometres off its usual point on the horizon, and the stars are no longer where they should be. Is the Earth shifting on its axis, causing the very look of the sun and stars to change?...

..."Most startling for the filmmakers, though, was the Inuits’ belief that along with pollution and environmental changes, caused mainly by Southerners, the Earth has actually changed its tilt. The filmmakers kept hearing this theory in different communities. Perplexed, they contacted the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration for answers, but experts said this was impossible.

When the filmmakers presented some of their findings at the Copenhagen conference on climate change last year, the media picked up on these views of the Inuit subjects, film co-director Ian Mauro says, and alarm bells started to ring in the scientific community. “We had a litany of scientists come back to us, responding after seeing this news, saying, ‘This was great to be speaking to indigenous people about their views, but if you continue to perpetuate this fallacy that the Earth had tilted on its axis, [the Inuit] .... would lose all credibility.’ And so there was really this backlash by the scientific community.”

Still, the Inuit insist they see changes in the sun’s course and the position of the stars in the night sky. “These elders, when they were growing up, they were told to go out every morning, before having anything to eat. They were told to go out at the age of 5 every morning to observe the weather,” Kunuk says. “So when they started talking about the sun and the sunset, I was puzzled too. Everywhere I went, each community, I was getting the same answer: The sun does not settle where it used to. I mean, it [causes] alarm.”

The scientific explanation is that the warming Arctic air is causing temperature inversions, which in turn cause the light of the sunset to refract so that the sun appears to be setting a few kilometres off-kilter. “There is so much garbage in the air, it’s refraction that’s causing our elders to think our world has tilted,” Kunuk says...

www.isuma.tv...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
New documentary recounts bizarre climate changes seen by Inuit elders

"Imagine how this feels: The land and weather are turning erratic and dangerous. Warmer, unpredictable winds are coming from strange directions. Severe floods threaten to wash away towns. And native animals, the food supply, aren’t behaving as they used to, their bodies less capable in the changing climate.

Even stranger is the fact that the sun now appears to set many kilometres off its usual point on the horizon, and the stars are no longer where they should be. Is the Earth shifting on its axis, causing the very look of the sun and stars to change?...

..."Most startling for the filmmakers, though, was the Inuits’ belief that along with pollution and environmental changes, caused mainly by Southerners, the Earth has actually changed its tilt. The filmmakers kept hearing this theory in different communities. Perplexed, they contacted the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration for answers, but experts said this was impossible.

When the filmmakers presented some of their findings at the Copenhagen conference on climate change last year, the media picked up on these views of the Inuit subjects, film co-director Ian Mauro says, and alarm bells started to ring in the scientific community. “We had a litany of scientists come back to us, responding after seeing this news, saying, ‘This was great to be speaking to indigenous people about their views, but if you continue to perpetuate this fallacy that the Earth had tilted on its axis, [the Inuit] .... would lose all credibility.’ And so there was really this backlash by the scientific community.”

Still, the Inuit insist they see changes in the sun’s course and the position of the stars in the night sky. “These elders, when they were growing up, they were told to go out every morning, before having anything to eat. They were told to go out at the age of 5 every morning to observe the weather,” Kunuk says. “So when they started talking about the sun and the sunset, I was puzzled too. Everywhere I went, each community, I was getting the same answer: The sun does not settle where it used to. I mean, it [causes] alarm.”

The scientific explanation is that the warming Arctic air is causing temperature inversions, which in turn cause the light of the sunset to refract so that the sun appears to be setting a few kilometres off-kilter. “There is so much garbage in the air, it’s refraction that’s causing our elders to think our world has tilted,” Kunuk says...

www.isuma.tv...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

2 days worth ??? nah, i don't buy it.
a. not that much surface melting has occurred.
b. a different perspective of the horizon doesn't mean IT changed.
c. twice this week, in FL skies, i noticed the moon out of place (or so i thought) for the time of the viewing.
Asked a visitor his opinion ... and after looking where it "should" be and commenting "what moon" ... i tugged him 2 or 3 steps N of our position and pointed to the very visible moon - he agreed that was odd.
d. an accelerated polar shift could easily explain both.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Just an illogical question from my part. How the heck the global warming would accelerate as the SUN is the center of this event? Global warming doesn't affecting the sun's early rise. These are two different things.

Right now the propagandists of the Global Warming are trying to tell us, the sun is rising earlier, because of global warming, while the sun cycle is depending from two elements, from our planet and it's rotation around the 23,5 degree axis and from the Sun itself (And the orbital path of Earth around the Sun.). But now... Tampa Runway number change, because of the starting magnetic pole shifting... Global Warming. Early polar night ends... Global Warming. What will be the next? If the meteor shower will come... Global Warming. If the Moon splits to half... Global Warming.

These paid scientists should be shot on sight, along with the politicians whose are trying to breed guilt in you for something what over no one has any control. But these megaloman idiots are using even this event to make a propaganda for something that with they can get more money (As Global Warming propaganda is all about money, nothing more.). Whoever saying this is happened because of Global Warming, that one is a mentally ill psyhopath, nothing more.

This event is happened, because the Earth is slowly, but surely leaving the 23,5 degree axis by some unknown reason. But even when this is happening, the psychos are still trying to breed guilt in you for something what for you has no connection at all. You never had (Especially as similar events are happening on the other planets in our solar system. Just these psycho megaloman b-tches are forget to tell you.). What is happening now is called as polar shifting, NOT global warming. You can't do anything with the first at all as it's a natural, returning cyclic event, but the greedy morons are still want money even from this event (Because Global Warming is the primary excuse to raise taxes.).
edit on 13-1-2011 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

astronomers compare images all the time. I've not really heard anything from them. But we do know the earth tilts and is always moving on its axis. we also know the climate is changing.

Now whose to say the natives haven't been slowly moving themselves? Human perception is flawed, and always subject to being wrong. If even the most common astronomer hasn't noticed it, I have to beg to question the natives legitimacy.

Also, that would require a lot more adjusting for the satellite, and our solar system IS moving in the galaxy. So it is perfectly normal.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
On January 13th the sun reappers in Ilulissat at 13 minutes to 1 pm. For many this is a half day off, that is celebrated on Holms Bakke where the sun is greeted with song and fireworks.
www.worldofgreenland.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join