It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plus degrees in December (Polar night ends TWO DAYS early? )

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Great thread btw.....but to add more question or to make a point to what's happening.................
I began to do my usual star gazing but this year with a new larger reflector and I noticed something very wrong in the constellations,
I live in South Wales looking east at 7pm, Orion's Belt should be about 5deg. over a 90deg (95deg.). angle from the horizon. Its actually around the 165 to the170deg. mark?....I'll have to look into the records, but this seems like to bigger swing than the norm of Orion's procession. If I'm correct a 70deg. tilt? Very strange.

edit on 13-1-2011 by DreamerOracle because: errors

Edit update more around the 40deg. change .....btw...this could be a system shift as opposed to a major planetary shift, which could affect everything Suns behaviour, Planetary core activity?? just a thought, they have even officially updated our position within the Galaxy as opposed to being on the rim....... to being at the mid point on one of the Galactic Arms.
edit on 13-1-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I believe they (PTB) are going to hide behind this geomagnetic shift (and global warming) explanation as long as they can even though there's a lot of evidence pointing towards a geographical shift as well.

Earth's magnetic pole shift unleashing poisonous space clouds linked to mysterious bird deaths

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What if... With all the volcanic activity... The earth is expanding at an excelaratd rate??
Think of a sphere getting larger... As the surface of the sphere gets larger the horizon flattens..
Making the sun rise sooner... Could be one explanation..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

That seems feasible, but wouldn't the other points on the same techtonic plate have experienced some change as well? If the observation point had indeed moved by 3 degrees south (presumably for the sun to rise earlier than normal), then the change should be noticable all along the plate that moved, not just in the one location. Am I making any sense?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firethefed
What if... With all the volcanic activity... The earth is expanding at an excelaratd rate??
Think of a sphere getting larger... As the surface of the sphere gets larger the horizon flattens..
Making the sun rise sooner... Could be one explanation..

The physics of whats happening is concrete. I had a post a little earlier in here if you want to read it. We are not getting larger ( although that could happen, just not in this case ) . Gravitational pull is making the planet more active volcanically. it will get more active as we near the Galactic alignment. Its not magic or prophecy, it plane old science of natural cycle with our system and on a galactic scale ... ( seasons )

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

The actual shift may not have happened at the same time as the volcano... I mention that only as an indicator that there are tectonic changes occurring. The same forces which blew the lid of the volcano may have later caused a shifting of the plate in this one area. I would expect any such shift to be gradual enough so as to make any differences made much earlier unnoticeable.

reply to post by Cameoii

It would affect the area which has shifted. Remember that rock is elastic to some degree; one area could have shifted without the rest of the major plate experiencing the same shift.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Appearently there's some terms your not clear on...
Global warming...is Climate Change....The average global temperature is increasing ,yes,but we still have seasons...which are thrown off by higher then average temps....
Pole shift....the physical north pole is not moving...the north magnetic pole part of the earth's magnetic field 'May'
be moving...
Land masses do move...but incrementally centimeters...or inches over several years....However...because the glaciers are getting lower...more light is passing over a lower horizon...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Could be but that sounds rather convenient of an excuse (not by you but as far as explanations go). Besides, why wouldn't the science community have mentioned it then? In fact, I have a feeling this isn't getting too much attention in the 'real world' anyway is it? But the new horoscope/zodiac news is (a few pages back).
I guess the world does have its priorities to consider after all.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

The actual shift may not have happened at the same time as the volcano... I mention that only as an indicator that there are tectonic changes occurring. The same forces which blew the lid of the volcano may have later caused a shifting of the plate in this one area. I would expect any such shift to be gradual enough so as to make any differences made much earlier unnoticeable.

reply to post by Cameoii

It would affect the area which has shifted. Remember that rock is elastic to some degree; one area could have shifted without the rest of the major plate experiencing the same shift.

TheRedneck

The problem with this theory, if a plate shifts, ever so slightly, you will not be able to hide the after affects of such a shift, even if it was slow and subtle. You would notice, immediately, the effect on surrounding coastlines and coastlines opposite of the said plate up and down for miles on both sides of plate. The rise and fall of water would not go un-noticed. I am not trying to bash your inquiry, I am just stating facts. When gravity pulls on a planet, as it is on ours with our getting closer to the galactic equinox/equator, it pulls on the whole planet making it more active, stretching it like you would stretch a rubber band ( although not that extreme )

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nivekronnoco

Global warming...is Climate Change....The average global temperature is increasing ,yes,but we still have seasons...which are thrown off by higher then average temps....
Pole shift....the physical north pole is not moving...the north magnetic pole part of the earth's magnetic field 'May'
be moving...
Land masses do move...but incrementally centimeters...or inches over several years....However...because the glaciers are getting lower...more light is passing over a lower horizon...

Well there ya have it!

Not sure how everything else mentioned in this thread bodes with this but....thanks! I guess there's nothing more to worry about.

And to the poster who was concerned with Orion being off course? Your telescope is probably just sitting on a pile of dirt hence giving the appearance the stars being a little off.

And daylight in the Yukon after sunset?
Their watches and clocks were probably not set correctly the entire year!

So moral of the story: Big concerns equal small answers.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nivekronnoco

Glad somebody here has some sense of reality. We can rule out any astronomical solution or change in the Earth's tilt or location. There are many instruments all over the world measuring our exact position in space all the time.

If the phenomena described in the OP is genuine then it must be a localised effect in Greenland. The possibility that the ice sheets melting has caused the horizon to lower is a good one, but it has a fatal flaw. The sun rises almost due south and the measurements were taken from a location where the only thing to the south is the sea.

The only cause I can think of that might cause this effect is the rapid elastic phase of post glacial rebound.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by nivekronnoco

be moving...

Well there ya have it!

Not sure how everything else mentioned in this thread bodes with this but....thanks! I guess there's nothing more to worry about.

And to the poster who was concerned with Orion being off course? Your telescope is probably just sitting on a pile of dirt hence giving the appearance the stars being a little off.

And daylight in the Yukon after sunset?
Their watches and clocks were probably not set correctly the entire year!

So moral of the story: Big concerns equal small answers.

Because the glaciers are getting lower ??? What ??? I don't think so on that one ... That's like saying if I burn the house down next door it will let more light in my window ....

edit on 13-1-2011 by VI0811 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

It's funny how you posted an article that EXPLAINED how this has NOTHING to do with geophysical or astronomical causes (which is an asinine notion), and even points out that increased ICE-SHEET melt is likely to blame... but you think somehow the article disproves anthropogenic global warming?? I don't think so...

This should make the issue of AGW even MORE alarming... not more suspicious. Jesus, people... talk about believing only what you want to believe...
edit on 13-1-2011 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

It's funny how you posted an article that EXPLAINED how this has NOTHING to do with geophysical or astronomical causes (which is an asinine notion), and even points out that increased ICE-SHEET melt is likely to blame... but you think somehow the article disproves anthropogenic global warming?? I don't think so...

This should make the issue of AGW even MORE alarming... not more suspicious. Jesus, people... talk about believing only what you want to believe...
edit on 13-1-2011 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

Do you actually think I believe what I read? Hell, I don't even believe half the things I see...................

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I should have specified that the 15 minute change is from the LAST YEAR...

And yes indeed i DO have amazing perception about things...i have always observed the slightest incremental changes... not just weather.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Btw my Reflector wasn't off its on a concrete platform on a tripod and you don't need a telescope to watch the constellation of Orion It is 30 to 40 degrees out compared to current predicted charts for said constellation......but hey maybe I'm looking at dirt on the mirror as opposed to it being under my tripod

oh and ps edit 30-40deg give or take, south how much quicker would the north get its sunlight?
I'm still measuring ....clear nights in Wales are Rare.
edit on 13-1-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
Btw my Reflector wasn't off its on a concrete platform on a tripod and you don't need a telescope to watch the constellation of Orion It is 30 to 40 degrees out compared to current predicted charts for said constellation......but hey maybe I'm looking at dirt on the mirror as opposed to it being under my tripod

That's the spirit!

Always look for the less challenging most digestible explanation and everything will be alright my friend.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
the real issue is stress and belief that we're coming to an end.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrikant

The real issue is get rid of the stress that we love so much...and embrace the end of it.

Get on with something better.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join