It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plus degrees in December (Polar night ends TWO DAYS early? )

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If the Polar Nights ended 2 days early, it would not be and isolated observance. The Sun rising at an unanticpated time would be noticed the world over. And as a side note, a friend of a friend of a friend of mine, twice removed, informed me that nothing has changed on location. (Joking). But Im sure all of us early risers would notice just a wee bit more sunlight in the sky or for some, just a wee bit less light in the evenings.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry but i must ask, due to the lack of responses to my various posts, am I posting ridicules postulations? I seem to be receiving much less arguments that I would have assumed...

Respect

AS

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lance_covel
If the Polar Nights ended 2 days early, it would not be and isolated observance. The Sun rising at an unanticpated time would be noticed the world over. And as a side note, a friend of a friend of a friend of mine, twice removed, informed me that nothing has changed on location. (Joking). But Im sure all of us early risers would notice just a wee bit more sunlight in the sky or for some, just a wee bit less light in the evenings.

Do all countries/cities that experience 24 hour/night-day light all resume on the same day?

Does Alaska's 'day', for instance, fall on the same date of January 13th?
The thing that gives this news a bit more bite is why is this appearing on the global disaster map?

Beyond the Arctic Circle, can find the time needed for day and night depending on latitude up to half a year, the sunrise something very special - even more so when the always joyfully anticipated event is just around two days early is taking place. According to the KNR Radio Greenland, the sun was in West Greenland Ilulissat on Tuesday (11.1.) at exactly 12:56:57 Clock. Normally the sun goes there until 13 January for the first time after the polar night again. Inhabitants of the third-largest city with 4,500 inhabitants of Greenland, made because of the early sun appeared worried. "Here in the place the sun comes up until 13 January. There will not be the right one or the other," quoted the Greenlandic radio KNR Holger Sivertsen, a 74-year-old local, in a report on his website. Scientists rule out that the observation could have geophysical or astronomical reasons. "In the constellation of the stars has not changed, "said Wolfgang Lenhardt, head of the geophysics department at the Central Institute for Meteorology and Geodynamics (ZAMG) on the high tower. "Since even an outcry would have gone around the world." The data of Earth's axis and Earth's rotation in question were constantly and meticulously monitored. Thomas Posch from the Institute for Astronomy at the University of Vienna completed astronomical reasons for the premature end of the polar night also made. He suggests that the observation is due to a change in the local horizon. An accelerated by the melting of the Greenland ice sheet-related lower horizon earlier than previously allowed a glimpse of the sun appears, as "by far the most obvious"explanation. According to Lenhardt it could possibly also to an atmospheric phenomenon - act - for example by ice crystals caused a mirage.
hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
What if the sending of that Missle/Projectile to the Moon last year that blew a crater in it, could have cause something here? I too notice that it seems our tilt and position have changed big time recently.

Well something is off, Is what I mean, I cant personally notice a tilt, but stange events indeed
edit on 13-1-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by lance_covel

Do all countries/cities that experience 24 hour/night-day light all resume on the same day?

Does Alaska's 'day', for instance, fall on the same date of January 13th?
The thing that gives this news a bit more bite is why is this appearing on the global disaster map?

Beyond the Arctic Circle, can find the time needed for day and night depending on latitude up to half a year, the sunrise something very special - even more so when the always joyfully anticipated event is just around two days early is taking place. According to the KNR Radio Greenland, the sun was in West Greenland Ilulissat on Tuesday (11.1.) at exactly 12:56:57 Clock. Normally the sun goes there until 13 January for the first time after the polar night again. Inhabitants of the third-largest city with 4,500 inhabitants of Greenland, made because of the early sun appeared worried. "Here in the place the sun comes up until 13 January. There will not be the right one or the other," quoted the Greenlandic radio KNR Holger Sivertsen, a 74-year-old local, in a report on his website. Scientists rule out that the observation could have geophysical or astronomical reasons. "In the constellation of the stars has not changed, "said Wolfgang Lenhardt, head of the geophysics department at the Central Institute for Meteorology and Geodynamics (ZAMG) on the high tower. "Since even an outcry would have gone around the world." The data of Earth's axis and Earth's rotation in question were constantly and meticulously monitored. Thomas Posch from the Institute for Astronomy at the University of Vienna completed astronomical reasons for the premature end of the polar night also made. He suggests that the observation is due to a change in the local horizon. An accelerated by the melting of the Greenland ice sheet-related lower horizon earlier than previously allowed a glimpse of the sun appears, as "by far the most obvious"explanation. According to Lenhardt it could possibly also to an atmospheric phenomenon - act - for example by ice crystals caused a mirage.
hisz.rsoe.hu...

All countries that experience polar night do NOT resume the 24hour/night-day on the same day. It is linear which means that as the earth tilts back from it's extremes there is a linear pattern. Every day the north experiences more daylight the south experiences the opposite.

A polar night is defined by a night that goes beyond 24 hours.

I wish I could answer all your questions but to be honest I do not have all the variables. All i can do from my point is give my best estimate since I do not have all the variables and most likely the math to know for certain. I do know that the given the parameters for the two day difference I can assert that it is a massive change but I cannot translate that into the exact height that would translate the difference. Is there anyone here that can? I've also looked at at the possible explanation of illusion but cannot confirm. I've done my best to help explain this phenomenon but it would take someone who is an expert to fully evaluate this situation including the possibility of an illusion even if improbable.

I want to also know for certain what has happened by quantifying the situation mathematically but if this is not possible for whatever reason I will take what i know and run with that which is the assertion that it is the lowering of the horizon.

Peace,

AS
edit on 13-1-2011 by AeonStorm because: SP

edit on 13-1-2011 by AeonStorm because: Added Info

edit on 13-1-2011 by AeonStorm because: correction

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318
What if the sending of that Missle/Projectile to the Moon last year that blew a crater in it, could have cause something here? I too notice that it seems our tilt and position have changed big time recently.

Well something is off, Is what I mean, I cant personally notice a tilt, but stange events indeed
edit on 13-1-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

I forgot about that and for some reason, I think this last lunar eclipse might've been the catalysis to set things in a (downward) motion.

And not knowing what the galactic alignment that we're currently positioning for-----the peak of the solar activity cycle----chemtrails-----HAARP and CERN yield, unusual happenings (massive animal kill-offs, severe weather, large earthquakes etc) aren't that unreasonable to expect let alone, entertain.

Remember, this event made the official RSOE hazard/disaster map so we can safely rule out optical illusions
hisz.rsoe.hu...

(I just typed the word 'c-h-e-m-t-r-a-i-l'. Let's see how long 'til Weed gets notified and pays this thread a visit
)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
i think i've read all the responses.... has anyone been checking to see if the sun is rising or setting at unusually different times anywhere else?? if it's not due to ice melt then it's got to be going on SOMEWHERE else.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by enemoplem

..... has anyone been checking to see if the sun is rising or setting at unusually different times anywhere else?

Not only are there literally millions of people worldwide who pay attention to such things (and NO ONE has made an mention of anything being "off")....you can check it for yourself, thanks to the magic of the Internet and modern technology at our fingertips:

Here is just ONE link for example: www.sunrisesunset.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
reply to post by Human_Alien

It's funny how you posted an article that EXPLAINED how this has NOTHING to do with geophysical or astronomical causes (which is an asinine notion), and even points out that increased ICE-SHEET melt is likely to blame... but you think somehow the article disproves anthropogenic global warming?? I don't think so...

This should make the issue of AGW even MORE alarming... not more suspicious. Jesus, people... talk about believing only what you want to believe...
edit on 13-1-2011 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

Do you actually think I believe what I read? Hell, I don't even believe half the things I see...................

So everything you read is a lie...?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Situation Update No. 1
On 14.01.2011 at 04:22 GMT+2

People in the High Arctic say their 24-hour darkness isn't as dark as it used to be, and a weather researcher says it's because of the warming climate. "We still have a daylight and there's still blue, green, red down there — there's sun sign still," said Zipporah Ootooq Aronsen, who lives in Resolute Bay, Nunavut. "It's not usually like that." People in Resolute Bay now sometimes see a distant island that in the past was only visible during daylight hours. "It never happened like that before," Aronsen said. "Now we can see it once in a while, when it's a clear day." Wayne Davidson, a weather researcher in Resolute Bay, said warmer thermal layers over cold dense polar air cause light to bend and travel farther. "If there's a huge contrast between colder and warmer air, there's longer travel of light from any locations," he said. Inuit have been noticing changes during the dark season for years but the changes are becoming more visible as the climate warms, Davidson said. "It should be usually, around average, –31 degrees," he said. "It was, couple of days ago, –5 or something like that, so it's pretty wild." That refraction of light at the border between cold and warm air is what's allowing people to see farther than normal, Davidson said. "Refraction makes light travel," he said. Jaypetee Akeeagok, who lives in Grise Fiord, Nunavut, said the weather has also been unusually warm there. "You can actually drive Skidoo around town without gloves on," he said. And people in Grise Fiord have also noticed there's more light in winter. "Twenty years ago, we wouldn't even be able to see the whole village, in high noon, which is only nine kilometres, but now we get to see some daylight," Akeeagok said.

We have some "shift" in the Earth's rotation angle, thats the probably reason.
Isn't it impressive?

www.gmanews.tv...

Astronomers from the Minnesota Planetarium Society have found that the moon's gravitational pull on the Earth changed our planet's position in relation to its axis, making the original alignment of the stars, the basis for the zodiac signs, "off" by about a month. Thus, a thirteenth zodiac sign Ophiuchus was added to the original 12.

edit on 14-1-2011 by sechmet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Not sure if this was posted before but it's not the first time this has happened. It seems to have started in 2009:

13-01, 2009 - 15:24....
Ice bridges in Ilulissat was unveiled on Tuesday 13 January - the day when the sun comes out. But the sun had a little more busy come forward this year and already came up in Ilulissat, 11 January.

sermitsiaq.ag...

14-01, 2010 - 09:22... Sun is also starting to come earlier in relation to the old days when the sun came from 13 minutes in 13 in Ilulissat. The sun has actually been promoting around 10th January in recent years.

sermitsiaq.ag...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
arrgggg.... so this isn't new??? or was it rising just a BIT earlier or a day or what?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

So everything you read is a lie...?

No of course not. That's not what I meant.

I was referring to the fact that most officials explanations are highly questionable at best. Remember the "fireworks' one that killed 8000 birds?????
They're a bunch of cover ups to cover-up the cover up

Let me ask you....WHY do we now have a new 'zodiac' sign? Twelve signs is what we learned. And now, we have a thirteenth one?
If this doesn't look like a PHYSICAL shift, I don't know what more you want. Oh wait, I do know. You're waiting for it to be official.....right?

This is why the animals are discombobulated and dying. This is why the Sun is rising and setting differently. This is why Tampa airport re-adjust their numbers. This is why the Moon (planets, stars) looks different in the sky.

When they do acknowledge a 'shift' they make it sound like it's no big deal. Just like they did with Tampa. Just like they did with Greenland. Just like what they're KINDA doing with the birds. Just like they're doing with this new zodiac sign.

Take from all of this what you want. To me and many, this is a BIG DEAL!!
edit on 14-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
OP this is brilliant find and if thinking on it indicates as well as the magnetosphere acting weird proves that the actual earth itself is wobbling further than is normally would causing the sun to arise in the sky two days earlier than it normally would in the geological(Physical) north pole.as stated people who live around the north pole region usually expect to see the end of constant night as the earth tilt giving all of us our seasonal weather is a forbodding reality that something is definetly up with our planet and might indicate as well as a magnetric pole flip is showing a geological pole shift as well,thats quite scary the earth toppling over like a spinning top What the hell,there must be something tugging on our sun and earth with a higher gravity to cause such a increase in wobble.Actually a reasonable answer could be the Moon and sun conjunction increased gravity and tugged earth more toward the sun and the spining top speeded up with the force of einstiens constant,but there is no signs the earth as speeded up so is alarming.
Thanks astonishing find.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by enemoplem

..... has anyone been checking to see if the sun is rising or setting at unusually different times anywhere else?

Not only are there literally millions of people worldwide who pay attention to such things (and NO ONE has made an mention of anything being "off")....you can check it for yourself, thanks to the magic of the Internet and modern technology at our fingertips:

Here is just ONE link for example: www.sunrisesunset.com...

thanks for the link but that doesn't really help any. just knowing what the sunrise times SHOULD be doesn't mean that's what they are. a site that tracks the actual sunrise would be more helpful - and then compare the actual times to what they should be. it would have to have been tracked for the past year though. i would think there would be a site with that info but i haven't found one.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Doesn't anyone else find it a little fishy that within 24 hrs of the early rising of the sun(by 2 days), that we now have different astrological signs? Something is amiss I would say. Yes I heard years ago that the astrological signs were out by a month or so, so why disclosure now? Sounds like they're trying to keep people from either freaking out or asking questions. But the MSM has picked this up so I'm guessing TPTB want everyone to know about it so it can't be good.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sechmet
We have some "shift" in the Earth's rotation angle, thats the probably reason.
Isn't it impressive?

First of all, astrology no longer lines up with the real sky because of precession, which is mainly caused by the moon's gravitational pull on the earth. Precession is a very well known predictable effect and it's one of the main reasons why astronomical coordinates are arranged in epochs. The epoch is updated in 50 year intervals so that the coordinates of every star can be precessed and proper motion of each star can be accounted for to keep everything current, unlike astrology. Right now we're in epoch J2000.00, but to determine the axis of rotation's current location you must "precess" the coordinates forward to the current point in time. This is done by calculating for the amount of precession expected over 11 years. I took an image less than a week ago of our rotational axis using an 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope aimed at the north celestial pole. I disengaged the tracking system deliberately so that the stars would trail over the course of the long ~20 minute exposure so that the axis of rotation could be directly visualized as the center of the concentric circles defined by the star trails. This allowed for a very high resolution measurement of our rotation, so high in fact that Polaris wasn't even in the same field of view. The only stars present were far too dim to be seen by eye and were all within about 30 arcminutes of the north celestial pole.

I measured from the star USNO-A2 1725-00691811. Its J2000.00 coordinates are:
21h 23m 00.84s +89d 52' 49.8"
Precessed to 2011.02 (the night I took the picture), the coordinates would have been:
19h 30m 19.50s +89d 55' 05.8"
Therefore the star should have been 294.2 arcseconds from the north celestial pole.

My camera and telescope combination produce an angular resolution of 1.88 arcseconds per pixel when the images are scaled down to 1024 resolution:
flickr.com...
I measured USNO-A2 1725-00691811 to be 156.9 pixels from the NCP in the image I took that night:
i319.photobucket.com...
The original image is here:
i319.photobucket.com...
That corresponds to a distance of 294.972 arcseconds from the NCP, less than an arcsecond from the expected value and well within the resolution of the image itself (in other words, no change in our tilt was detected). An arcsecond, by the way, is 1/3,600th of a degree.
edit on 14-1-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Is it just me, or does two days seem like *not a big deal*?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by willie9696
Doesn't anyone else find it a little fishy that within 24 hrs of the early rising of the sun(by 2 days), that we now have different astrological signs?

No. Astrologers don't account for precession, astronomers do. If you account for precession you find that the earth's axis of rotation is exactly where it should be.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join