It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plus degrees in December (Polar night ends TWO DAYS early? )

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

what dates did you use? i tried it and i didn't see it get "fatter". i only went back to december of 2010.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I didn't read all the other comments, so sorry if somebody already proposed this...

My guess is that one day is due to the extra leap day that we should not have had in 2000. So today should actually be the 15th instead of the 14th. The second day may be due to the wobble in the tilt of the earth. Maybe we have started the path in which the northern hemisphere gets slightly closer to the sun in the winter each year.

-X

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by sechmet
We have some "shift" in the Earth's rotation angle, thats the probably reason.
Isn't it impressive?

*snip*

Therefore the star should have been 294.2 arcseconds from the north celestial pole.

My camera and telescope combination produce an angular resolution of 1.88 arcseconds per pixel when the images are scaled down to 1024 resolution:
flickr.com...
I measured USNO-A2 1725-00691811 to be 156.9 pixels from the NCP in the image I took that night:
i319.photobucket.com...
The original image is here:
i319.photobucket.com...
That corresponds to a distance of 294.972 arcseconds from the NCP, less than an arcsecond from the expected value and well within the resolution of the image itself (in other words, no change in our tilt was detected). An arcsecond, by the way, is 1/3,600th of a degree.
edit on 14-1-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

Here's a thought I haven't seen in the thread yet...

What if the equatorial bulge of the planet has enlarged? If you think of it that way, the planet would "squish" down a little, removing a bit of the arc of the horizon at the higher latitudes. The glacial rebound theory makes sense in this case, but I don't have the trigonometric knowledge to figure it out.

Another poster mentioned that it would take approximately 570' of elevation change to see the sun over the horizon 2 days earlier based on the degree of tilt for that region. So maybe it isn't a 570' change in elevation, but an overall lowering of the horizon due to the squashing effect of the equator bulging out further?

The only plausible answer left would be a greater bulge at the equator that is happening at a much greater rate, either from glacial rebound, more water, something.... the causes of that are beyond my understanding of geology, but I'm sure there are astronomical possibilities for this as well.

Any takers?? I am still waiting to see if someone will chime in on this because it is starting to sound like the only reasonable theory that would account for no change in stars, but a change in the horizon that would lead to the degree of curvature being shifted.

How small of a shift would it have to be?

Besides glacial rebound and climate change, what could cause this?

Bueller?

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It is clearly obvious the earth has wobbled toward the sun in tilt that cannot be denied,and all the questions must have an answer,well its quite obvious the pull from the sun has increased its pull on our planet and will have all astrophysicists in a spin.Remember the earth is closest to the sun in january every year and the recent lunar eclipse increased gravities pull on earth and has wobbled the earth by a few degrees,so relax the planet will centrifuge and restabalize like a spinning top.
Live in hope
possible link to change in gravity field in this recent link
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It's quite simple guys (but just as worrying).

When we 'see' the sun hit the horizon in reality it has already set. The 'refraction' of the atmosphere freakishly bends light about the diameter of the sun (as we see it).

The weird weather we have all been copping for has lead to unusual warm temps in the region (Llulissat was -5 on the day concerned instead of the 'average' -31) The 'density of the air' is what 'bends 'the light so the 'mirage' of an early sunrise is bound up in both 'melt' (the horizon is 'shaved off' a bit), driven by our messing and alterations to our N.Hemisphere atmospheric circulation driven by 'open water' around the pole needing to lose heat before it can re-freeze in autumn. this means lots of 0c 'open water in late Oct/early Nov instead of frozen water and -30c (if you had a +30c anom over you in late Oct you'd notice!!!). This 'warm' in turn spills the Arctic Cold out across areas of the N.Hemisphere and draws in warm air to replace the cold (as we see over East Canada/West Greenland) this 'exceptional warmth (for the time of year) drives the 'optical trick' we are now discussing.

Very bad sign, very bad.....
edit on 15-1-2011 by GrayWolf63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GrayWolf63

i think that explanation makes a lot of sense and i did read something online that discussed that. no matter how you look at it it's bad. i think the changes in climate are rapidly accelerating.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GrayWolf63

Does not equate in physics,the refraction would only cause minimal light to appear not the sun itself,think again.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

i can't find what i read the other day but now that you've said that i remember the article only discussed seeing a more lit up sky.

i have not found a source that has actual sunrise times... haven't had time to look. if there's a chart out there that lists ACTUAL sunrise times and not just what the times are supposed to be that would be helpful. i'd like to know if it's happening anywhere else. if it's JUST in greenland then i would have to think it's just due to ice melt.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

same again,explains it awesomely,bird deaths explained

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Yeah, sometimes a video speaks for itself. I posted it on every relevant thread there is. Her words (explanation) works for me too

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Ermmmmmmm....isn't that the nutcase from some OTHER YouTube videos????

You know.......she's quite "famous", lately.....

Yeah...she shows less cleavage, but still....the SAME NUTJOB!!!!

Great
for connecting to her, once again.....you never fail to disappoint.....

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Once again you fail

You just traipse from thread to thread sharing that love o'yours......just looking to debunk any and all things.....without an ounce of validity.

You should get familiar (with let's say, THEIR FACE?) with the very people you dislike before you look more like an arse and trust me, there's not much room left.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Remember a few years ago when they decided to change daylight savings time by about 3 weeks(earlier in spring,later in the fall)? Was this really to save on power or was it covering something up? I can't take all the credit, my wife brought that to my attention. Just a thought but might be related.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by willie9696

Interesting correlation!
Makes ya wonder, huh?

Pole Shift has more than doubled each of the last 50 years

modernsurvivalblog.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
How do you think we could measure the change in the magnetic field...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The Earth is going through some changes. maybe its Oblahma's changes.global warming is a lie.we need carbon dioxide and most comes from the sea anyway.submariners can live in very high carbon dioxide envrons.
www.thebigwobble.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Apparently this phenomenon has been observed by native populations in Canada's high north for a number of years now. Elders have even asked scientists to investigate and this was reported on Canada's national news station in 2007 www.cbc.ca...
What is interesting to me is that this fact has not been made very public and scientists have no conclusive explanation for it. The fact that this is happening at all, be it due to climate change (ie. glacial melt) or a shift in poles,etc., is truly worrysome.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Somebody here who knows their stars, and is on the night side of the world -

check the location of Polaris!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

my opnion , thy hasnt the entire world noticed this too ?

unless its :

1 a hoax
2 an observational error / error in the tables
3 greenland has moved - relative to other land masses

Yep thats what I think too...I mean really, you have steele wheels,light weight weight steele racine wheels,aluminum wheels ,mag wheels,carbon fiber wheels then there is lug placement ......why would anybody want to reinvent the wheel these days,,,,,the stars have always been where they are. There is no conspiracy here. The moon has our back on the wobble issues...what does history say about it..its all still there,unless your a Zeta from the Nancy Lieder Tribe,then you make up your own set of rules

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join