It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plus degrees in December (Polar night ends TWO DAYS early? )

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by enemoplem

took me 10 seconds to find sunrise sunset times on google bet now you could do it in 4 seconds. You can even find the site that gives you a history of degrees and compair your self to find the truth on your own with a good compass of course

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mike184ever

a link? i was unable to find anything but preset times. not actual documentation of the time the sun ACTUALLY rose each day. just what the times are supposed to be.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrayWolf63
It's quite simple guys (but just as worrying).

When we 'see' the sun hit the horizon in reality it has already set. The 'refraction' of the atmosphere freakishly bends light about the diameter of the sun (as we see it).

The weird weather we have all been copping for has lead to unusual warm temps in the region (Llulissat was -5 on the day concerned instead of the 'average' -31) The 'density of the air' is what 'bends 'the light so the 'mirage' of an early sunrise is bound up in both 'melt' (the horizon is 'shaved off' a bit), driven by our messing and alterations to our N.Hemisphere atmospheric circulation driven by 'open water' around the pole needing to lose heat before it can re-freeze in autumn. this means lots of 0c 'open water in late Oct/early Nov instead of frozen water and -30c (if you had a +30c anom over you in late Oct you'd notice!!!). This 'warm' in turn spills the Arctic Cold out across areas of the N.Hemisphere and draws in warm air to replace the cold (as we see over East Canada/West Greenland) this 'exceptional warmth (for the time of year) drives the 'optical trick' we are now discussing.

Very bad sign, very bad.....
edit on 15-1-2011 by GrayWolf63 because: (no reason given)

how do you know this please?

kx

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Let me ask a question.
Why can't Earth AND the stars be relocating/moving (tilting if you will) at the same time?

Let me put it this way please. We gauge our position here on Earth by the proximity of other stars and planets, right?
So whose to say, the whole entire galaxy isn't moving at the same time?

If Earth tilted, what would be the give-away? The location of the other stars/planets, right? But what if, there's a galactic event (yet known to modern man) where every satellite in a galaxy experiences change all at once?

We obviously haven't figured things out here on Earth so I wouldn't put too much onus and trust in the people in charge of telling us what's going on off - Earth at this juncture.

The story about changes at the Tampa airport quoted a govt official saying they aren't sure how the whole crust, magma equation works! They don't know Jack.
I think you have a very valid point, every action brings a reaction wether it is a ripple from a pebble on a pond or the movement of a planet. Everything is linked, every change affects the whole.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I am so sure this has been said but if anybody missed this it was explained that the melting polar cap is to blame for the early arival of the sun...which brings on another set of problems,a global flood and new Ice age...sucks dont it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

it seems like the most logical explanation. ice melt. no matter how you look at it it's not good.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

In Norway sun cames 1 day before usually

translate.google.pl...

Is this also the melting ice result?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sechmet

More likely it was due to the large inversion layer stretching well south of Tromso at about the same time the sun was seen in the south.

stratus.ssec.wisc.edu...
stratus.ssec.wisc.edu...
edit on 20-1-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by enemoplem

it seems like the most logical explanation. ice melt. no matter how you look at it it's not good.

That depends on the point-of-view that you take. Melting ice caps may not be good for humans living near a coastline, but it may be a perfectly natural cycle for the Earth -- regardless of what it means to humans.

The earth has gone through many hot and cold cycles for billions of years, but humans have only been on the planet for a "blink of an eye" in comparison.

I'm not saying that climate change is necessarily natural, but if it is, just because it is not good for humans doesn't mean it isn't good for the planet.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

That depends on the point-of-view that you take. Melting ice caps may not be good for humans living near a coastline, but it may be a perfectly natural cycle for the Earth -- regardless of what it means to humans.

The earth has gone through many hot and cold cycles for billions of years, but humans have only been on the planet for a "blink of an eye" in comparison.

I'm not saying that climate change is necessarily natural, but if it is, just because it is not good for humans doesn't mean it isn't good for the planet.

So in terms of the Georgia Guidestones you would actually volenteer to not be one of the 500,000,000,...?
edit on 21-1-2011 by mike184ever because: way too many zeros around

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sechmet
reply to post by Trublbrwing

In Norway sun cames 1 day before usually

translate.google.pl...

Is this also the melting ice result?

Its not looking like it...is it....seems someone has a pic of the sun peaking over a ridgeline...but cannot vouch that the pic is related to the story

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike184ever

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

So in terms of the Georgia Guidestones you would actually volenteer to not be one of the 500,000,000,000...?

That's 500,000,000 (500 Million, not 500 Billion), and I personally WOULD want to be one of those people who live.

However, like I said, it depends on the point-of-view. From my personal viewpoint, I would not want to see climate change devastate the world's population. But from a more "holistic" viewpoint of the Earth, humans are just another temporary organism on this planet whose time will come and go largely unnoticed by the Earth itself.

This larger point-of-view is achieved by taking a step back, out of humanity, and looking at the Earth's history as a whole. Humans are an extremely minor part of that holistic viewpoint.

I'm not sure why people think that in the grand scheme of what may eventually be the 9 billion year history of the Earth, that the fleeting time of humans on this planet will have mattered one bit.

edit on 1/21/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

so what does "in your opinion" matter if mankind and achievement is only a bit in say between 13K years to what is a very speculated old age of the planet.....no no no I got it.its the race to see who can talk the most profound, right?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

so what does "in your opinion" matter if mankind and achievement is only a bit in say between 13K years to what is a very speculated old age of the planet.....no no no I got it.its the race to see who can talk the most profound, right?

Well, I'm not "racing" anyone here. I'm just trying to make (hopefully) interesting discussion points. This is a discussion board, isn't it?

The only point I am trying to make is that billions of years from now, when humans are long extinct, if some future alien archeologist -- one who never even heard of humans -- comes to Earth to study its history, the time of humans on Earth will be nothing but a small blip in the Planet's entire history.

Humans may be creating their own doom but ruining the planet's climate for themselves, but in the long run, after humans kill themselves off, the planet will probably never remember, or even care, that humans once occupied it for the fleeting few hundred thousand to a fleeting few million years that we were here.

Humans are small; the Earth is big. If we mistreat the balance of climate and cause our own doom, the Earth in the long run won't care one bit --
-- We'll be gone, and the Earth will keep going without us, as if we never mattered...because in the long run, we really don't matter.

edit on 1/22/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

ok I see what you mean, you think that humans or any species for that matter can create or destroy this planet or the environment....I would like you or anybody else to do this simple exercise
#1 Slip your feet into boots with long laces the longer the better.
#2 Wrap the excess laces up around your hands
#3 Pull with all of your might so as to pull yourself up off of the ground...NO HOPPING ALLOWDE
There are just some things that we humans cannot do...It is greed and war that keep people from living freely about the planet.Truly are there wide open spaces all about the planet,room to roam.

With all of the might of the LHC mankind couldnt create a big bang which then turned into a habitat to support life.
I will use your words, Mankind is (just to small) to destroy this planet.

I see what you are saying. What I cannot ignore, is that 2 other species of mankind have had their turn and we could or not be at the end of our turn..Why would there not be a next generation of mankind after of course a Flood and a next Ice Age .....oh yeah,the real planet purifiers... That turn the planet back to New AGAIN ?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Is this normal????? I just went to check in on Greenland (to see if it was still there) and this? Huh?

maps.google.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

make a new thread this is off topic and we may want to discuss this

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

make a new thread this is off topic and we may want to discuss this

How do you know this is off-topic? This is a Greenland thread right? I posted a Greenland map, no?
This is also MY thread.

I have too many threads as is. You're more than welcomed to make a new thread on my behalf (or no-behalf) if you want/can my friend!
If you do, I'll keep my eye out because I'm curious if that really is normal!

edit on 23-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

If you are seeing what I am not seeing is that the picture you want to exploit?
In other words what are you trying to say about it.
edit on 23-1-2011 by mike184ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

What ARE you talking about?????????????

I wanted to see what Greenland looks like. I wanted to see if it lines up to the longitude/latitudes. I also wanted to see the land mass if it was raising or perhaps, sinking.
Google BLOCKED the land so I can't zoom in on it!

What is your problem?

I did not Will you MY thread so please be a respectful contributor instead of a dictator (on MY thread)

Can't emphasize that enough. This is MY thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join