It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
I hate to be a killjoy here but what did we actually learn from that commercial?

Most of the people that remember it see the trash that is thrown on the road, and the Indian cries, ok so.....now we just take the garbage to a dump and hide it.

Well that all really depends on how old you are. When I was young there was garbage tossed everywhere. The US was the mass producer of products. We were polluting our air and rivers etc. Now the US/West have pretty much successfully exported our pollution to places like China and other growing economies with their production of many of the products we enjoy world wide.

Things have changed drastically in certain instances and have gotten worse in others.
It all depends on your perspective and experience.

edit on 11-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is the best thread I've read on ATS, I usually don't reply to any post but I must tell you, you did a great job.
I think a big change is comming, not a "cataclysm" or something like that, but something huge is going to happen, and we are going to have to choose to keep living like this and die, or to change our way of living in order to balance us with the earth.
It's incredible how we've become a cancer for the earth, and how money has become our own cancer as a society, im not saying that money is wrong, im saying that money makes us people wrong.
We should try to live in peace with the nature, i do belive that the earth is a living entity who breaths, feels, and love, but we are killing it, and we are going to die with it if we dont change our ways.

S&F.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well done!!

this was a touching piece of work and it has opened my eyes.

Thank you, you say if the elite would care more, I say if they read your thread they would.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yea im actually suprised when i look back at most of the bad was all done in the last 100 years, the 5000 years before that didnt ruin the earth as much as we did in 100 years. Its like we are or a speed race to get to the end, like that shopping game show where you get the cart for 60 seconds in the supermarket and have to load with everything you can think of in a small amount of time.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great thread Slayer,star and flag.I do remember that
commercial.This planet is big enough to support the
population.The problem is that we haven't taken care
of it.

Technology has really been a curse for us all.When
housework was made easier,women started getting lazy.
When food was mass produced and less people farming.
We all started getting fat.Since americans always want
to get their monies worth,fast food has gotten us obese.

Our children don't go outside and play anymore,it's not safe.
Technology is slowly turning our children into video game
zombies.People aren't allowed to spank their children as
a form of punishment.Yet our children are kept drugged
up in order to "control" their bad behavior.

I think it would be a good idea to go back to living like our
ancestors did in the 1800's.Start all over again and see if
we have learned anything from the mistakes we made.
Sorry,if this seems like ranting...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Amazing read

I would love to have your permission to put it on a magazine with your name in it! tho it's in Spanish

S+F

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
it seems like ppl are ready for "change" (not the Obama bull# change)
but change to start living a better life...so stop living like rats who believe money can bye us out of this mess.
start make a change today!!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well then send me all your money... so my team can finish our spaceship
That way I can find a nice clean place.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Well that all really depends on how old you are. When I was young there was garbage tossed everywhere. The US was the mass producer of products. We were polluting our air and rivers etc. Now the US/West has pretty much successfully exported our pollution to places like China and other growing economies with their production of many of the products we enjoy world wide.

Things have changed drastically in certain instances and have gotten worse in others.
It all depends on your perspective and experience.

I am in my early 40's and live in Detroit Michigan, I have seen and worked the worst places in the industrial world, places where humans shouldn't be. Yes things may have gotten better in a few areas, but over all we have gotten much worse on a global scale. Just much better at hiding it now.

It's really simple the way we process things for industry pollutes, the energy we generate for power everything pollutes, the coal we dig from the ground, for energy pollutes, everything we do for comfort sake pollutes.

The fertilizers/and pesticides we spread on our lawns pollutes the rivers and water, times that by a couple hundred million people then down the Mississippi, or the Colorado River. How much fertilizer and pesticides do farmers use now?

I don't have an answer, just that as long as we have industry, at the current levels, we will pollute.

Did you know that for every 100 barrels of oil used to produce electric power, that only about 10 barrels will actually make it to the destination, to be used for power?

I used to know the tonnage for coal, but it's the same efficiency loss. too. Sad huh.

90% efficiency loss over the power grids.

edit on 11-1-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
and something to think about in lew of this thread... it's only another question

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Earth's "Infestation" by man... what a joke.

There are approximately 6.8 billion humans on Earth. Each one takes an average of approximately 20 cubic feet of space. For all of you who can do some simple math, calculate the total cubic feet in one cubic mile and you will find that EVERY HUMAN ON EARTH would fit into a "box" that is 1 (ONE) cubic mile in size and have lots of space left over.

The atmosphere on Earth to only 5 miles up comprises approximately 10 Billion cubic miles. So man in relation to the Earth's atmosphere is less than 1 in 10 Billion.

Now convince anyone with half sense and one eye that our presence on Earth is affecting climate or polluting the planet to the point that we are going to "die in our own excrement" or irreversibly poison the planet.

We are a pimple on a gnat's butt.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
My view is that the only way we even have a chance is to work on ourselves, and do everthing in our own powers to do the right thing for us and the people around us on this earth. Only then can we change anything, sitting around and waiting for the end, or talking about it is only going to let it continue!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

I completely agree with what you said. The majority of people probably realize by now that we are part of nature (if they do not then I feel sorry for them), but when asked the question what are you willing to give up for the sake of the planet, they turn the other way. It is a sad truth, but still there nonetheless. I mean really, who is willing to give away their TV in order to save the planet? I'm not even sure if I am! But, then again, how would you watch CNN and learn about what is going on in the world otherwise?!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The end is near..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
wow great read! star+flag for sure! dont comment too much but i lurk here alot

Its really sad, we will never learn though...

Getting into the trash business, check out the movie idiocracy, thats a fairly realistic outcome if you really think about it in this day and age

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainwashedteen
I mean really, who is willing to give away their TV in order to save the planet? I'm not even sure if I am! But, then again, how would you watch CNN and learn about what is going on in the world otherwise?!

I did... and get all my news from here
But how will no TV save the planet?

How about recycling and composting? We recycle 95% of our trash. Just takes a few minutes to put it in the recycle bins the County provides free. and some of it you get cash for. America did that during WWII, but if 50% of people would just do that imagine the waste that would be reused

See these guys? Looks like they are doing just that recycling for cash

My work in the convention industry generates a LOT of trash after a show... but its a scroungers paradise
I keep bins at the side of the house for copper, wire, brass and aluminum... Generates a lot of extra cash each month. Plus all the goodies that are samples of just about anything including food. Costs to much to ship it back and restock... Great for us

edit on 11-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
A very well done thread Slayer
Although I must urge caution about some of our newer energy solutions. We must be careful that we don't make a change of a equal problem. It seems that the underlining problem is above all greed. Followed close by those who will embrace any change just for the sake of change.

Agreed. One example is wind turbines. Clean energy, yes, but decimating the bat population. Many articles out there, this is just one:

Sometimes the bats die from colliding with the rotor blades – the tips of which can reach speeds of 180 miles an hour – or the turbines can also cause catastrophic damage to a bat’s respiratory system. The sudden drop in air pressure in the area near the blades can cause the bats’ lungs to fill with fluid – similar to when divers surface too quickly and get the bends.

green.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
There are too many people and many them are quite dull behind their eyes with no thoughts beyond their next visit to the drive thru. The population as a whole can not all live like fat Americans yet globalization appears to be heading in that direction for the sake of profits and new schemes like carbon taxes (as if that will fix anything). What else should we really expect from a ruling class dominated by dark sidders? Are they going to align humanity towards the path of balance or save themselves after they have enough resources in place?

www.youtube.com...

Mods feel free to fix this video embed please. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I agree, but it sems the majority of people will not "waste" thier time, people always seem to have a counter argument for everything, and dwell on the negatives of anything that is not in thier interests or so they believe.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian
reply to post by SLAYER69

That is reminds me of an interesting question: are we or are we not part of Mother Nature and her great plan?

Most people (most people I know in any case) would agree we are. We kinda abandoned the old thinking that humans are somehow the centre of the universe and it's greatest achievement.

But when we look at what we are doing to our planet, we tend to see ourselves as some outside force, not a part of "Mother Nature" at all. Like there's "nature" and there is "humanity", but aren't we a part of nature too? By thinking we are somehow outside of all these natural processes, we're putting ourselves again on some kind of pedestal, thinking we are "special".

Reminds me of a question I asked on another thread
here Question for 'greenies'
If you don't want to bother looking:
Why is it any more right to kill off a virus than to cause the end of something like Tigers? We do the virus on purpose but make some effort to save the tigers ....either will kill us given the chance.
Isn't it wrong of us humans to pick and choose what lives and what dies on a
global level?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join