It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
I have to say, I'm pretty interested in that clock. Good op.

Yeah, I know it is kind of cool huh.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Slayer, I thank you for this post and for helping to open people's eyes to what is going on.
I have so many opinions on this topic I wouldn't even know where to start. When I think about
the condition our earth is in, it upsets me so much. We have got to do something to change and I
hope people are not so wrapped up in themselves to care about what we are doing to this planet.
When I see the almighty dollar more important than the destruction of this earth, it makes me so sad.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
if people on the thread are suggesitng we should agree to being avoidably massacred either by war, weather, earthquakes, or variations of the same, sickiness, diseases (all of which are or should be completely avoidable and/or curable) or genocide, and post a single thing in defense of another human being or political viewpoint (which is about living together on this planet in the first place -- note i said LIVING), you may consider your train of logic lacking in.......well, logic.
edit on 12-1-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
S&F, I don't believe anyone could have said it better.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Wonderful, well written thread. Thanks for taking the time to write it!
I'll be showing some of my friends this I think. The way electric cars are just disregarded by many really does annoy me, and the same goes for renewable energy. I heard in a geography lesson once at college that if we were committed to it then we could actually power the entire world with just offshore wind farms, while still retaining enough seaspace for ships to get about.

But of course, money is so much more important than environmental responsibility. O_o

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This has to be the best thread on ATS right now....

and the photos are mild compared to the filth out there

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I thank you, I salute your candid take on this issue, it is one that evokes my very soul! If we don't take care of this world, it won't take care of our generations and owe we it our grattitude!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This is a great post, sums up a lot about how lazy humans are, and how we don't use the planet we've been allowed to use. It's been a great life so far, I will continue to enjoy it as well. Wish the best of luck to everyone.

Addon - those stone tablet walls are mighty interesting. I want to get more research in on them.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I wouldn't call it an infestation.

Life is Life. Whether its fungus or humans, life will find a way to survive, thrive, and evolve.

Thats how life works. Its a destructive process, but everything in this universe involves some kind of destructive transformation.

The stars, like our Sun, that produce energy for life, engage in a process of massive destruction of nuclear fission and fusion. That destruction gives birth to life sustaining energies that fuel plants and through them, in another destructive process, fuel animals. In turn predators are fueled by the animals that feed on the plants.

None of this life would exist without Iron, which again results from destruction.

The death of a massive star, a supernova, provides the heavy elements needed for life.

These supernova are among the most destructive events in the cosmos, yet they herald the birth of life.
Without the deaths of many stars, there would be no life.

Humanity, Homo Sapiens Sapiens, emerged on this world in a time of dramatic climate change that destroyed thousands of species and entire ecosystems.

Various other hominid cousins from Neandertals and Archaic humans, such as Cro Magnon man, ceased to exist. Their annihilation and the annihilation of various superpredators of the Pleistocene allowed modern humanity to survive and dominate.

Three mass extinctions lead to the rise of modern man and human civilization.

The Oldest Dryas, around 13,000 BCE, gave rise to our best friend who has been here literally since our beginning, the Domestic dog. They hunted with us, fought with us, lived with us and died with us. Its a bond we share with no other species. Without them we could have never became the superpredators that would dominate this world.

The Older Dryas, around 10,000 BCE, gave us the Neolithic Revolution, the transition from hunter gatherer to shepherd and farmer.

The last was the Yonger Dryas followed shortly after the Older. Something phenomenal happened to humanity. Some speculate it was an impact from the stars that devastated North America and in the aftermath, the prehistoric American Great Glacial Lakes Agassiz and Ojibway drained into the Atlantic in cataclysmic flooding, some of it moving at 80mph that carved their way into the ocean. The freshwater is thought to have disrupted the planet's thermohaline circulation in the oceans, producing rapid and devastating climate change.

Once again, humanity adapted and overcame.

On the bank of the Euphrates River, in what is today northern Syria, a band of humans facing severe drought in the aftermath of the Younger Dryas, irrigated and cultivated rye changing our world and our species forever. Shortly afterwards other cultures would begin to farm and the first human city, Jericho would rise.

It wouldn't be the last cataclysm for humanity to face, but it was the last rapid mass extinction.

Even in the cataclysms that followed, civilization survived and rebuilt. Each catastrophe, spurred new development and new ideas.

Less than 1000 years ago, 1250 CE, the Mongol Conquests, the Little Ice Age, and the Bubonic Plague wiped out at least half of all humans on earth. In the aftermath the Renaissance began.

In the era of World War, 1914-1945, again humanity adapted and evolved technologically after the deaths of tens of millions.

Now, the human race, stands again on the verge of another threshold, the Singularity.

Many will die. Nations will fall. Humanity will progress.

Life always finds a way.
edit on 12/1/11 by MikeboydUS because: .

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Very nice reply.
thank you for your candor my friend.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GlummyDay

Yeah we are pretty lazy.
But I do feel we can work our way out of this mess.
We just have to stop pulling in different directions.
Imagine if the pyramid builders didn't focus on the task we wouldn't have something to marvel at today.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

japanese foreign exchange student came to florida, to stay with a family who are friends of mine. we went over to to meet the guy from japan. the group of us went for a ride to the beach. as we were travelling down the freeway, he was totally fllabbergasted at all the open land in the usa. miles and miles of land with no people on it. in japan, they have to create new land from piles of trash which they recycle into fake land, and put it in their lakes/coastlines. far as i know, they are still doing good there. in fact, americans are continuously trying to move there.

what i think is weird about people agreeing to be wiped out is that it is completely avoidable.

p.s. although his english was pretty broken, he still understood enough to laugh till he cried, over beavis and butthead, which he insisted on taking a video of back to japan as an example of amierican culture

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I am curious, all of you folks cheering this thread on ....what are you doing personally to make it better? Do you recycle? Do you pick up trash you see walking down the street? Do you research the environmental impact of things you buy? Do you take public transportation? Do you use reusable shopping bags?
I stand by one person can make a difference .... but by example not preaching.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
there must be a conspiracy: orangic food which is supposed to be better for you is always 2 to 3x more expensive that the regular item of the same food. i've seen organic hamburger buns, 6 pack for $9.00.
organic cabbage $4.99 a head depending on season etc.

it doesn't make sense, if it's organic it should be cheaper because there is less overhead and cost to produce them. you don't need chemical fertilizers, herbicides and insectides, which traditionally for farmers have been the most cost consuming part of farming.

then they come with electric cars and from that picture, you'd have to be blind and have no self respect to seen in one. it doesn't help the fact that electric cars are associated with hippies and tree huggers.

if they made them look cool like tron, with state of the art electronics and an interior that looked like it was from the 24th century, then people might buy them. but most hybrids look like they are made to appeal to people who wear socks with their sandals.

they are completely marketing them wrong. they shouldn't even mention it's electric. they should focus on what people want in a car and not hows its powered.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

doesn't look hippyish to me. just looks like a car lol

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

presumably, they have to use alternative forms of bug removal/repellent, and lose alot more crops. then the market is such that to pay for the loss of produce at health food stores due to lack of genetically enhanced longevity crops, they have to charge more to make up the difference. this has a circular impact, less people buy it, price can't drop, etc.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I don't think this thread is so benign as many ATS members may think. This thread is basically promoting the reduction of human species on earth in one way or another. The filth on the earth is all our human's fault. So a large portion of the humans should be killed off. Isn't that it? Why only the close up of all the filth on earth? There are untouched beauties of the earth that is totally neglected by the OP.

Basically, you are showing the bathroom of a person's house and trying to tell everybody that people stink. People do stink and the Earth does have filthy places also. But overall, people are God's creation and they are beautiful and full of life. So is the earth.

When you emphasize the negative aspects of certain things, you grow hatred against the very thing that causing negativity in your mind.

This thread is breeding hatred against the fellow human beings in your subconscious mind.

I never trusted Slayer anyway for his true intentions of being in the ATS.

Slayer himself, I believe, is the shill of the TPTB.

This thread is trying to tell you that a large portion of the human population has to be killed off which is what the TPTB is trying to promote.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

I never trusted Slayer anyway for his true intentions of being in the ATS.

Slayer himself, I believe, is the shill of the TPTB.

Seriously?

All he is doing is bringing an important issue to light...in an phenomenal way.

Hats go off to him.

And I see no way he says that the human population should be killed...rather, that we should change our attitudes.
edit on 12-1-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
as we were travelling down the freeway, he was totally fllabbergasted at all the open land in the usa. miles and miles of land with no people on it.

He would have a heart attack out here

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect
The filth on the earth is all our human's fault.

Well who else is making the mess, hmmmm?

Why only the close up of all the filth on earth? There are untouched beauties of the earth that is totally neglected by the OP.

Ummm because this thread is about the filth? The untouched beauties are that way because they are untouched. But if you look at the roads through those areas you will see the bottles diapers and cigarette butss all along those roads

People do stink and the Earth does have filthy places also. But overall, people are God's creation and they are beautiful and full of life. So is the earth.

Yeah they do... but if they wouldn't live in filth they might not smell as bad

I never trusted Slayer anyway for his true intentions of being in the ATS. Slayer himself, I believe, is the shill of the TPTB.

This thread is trying to tell you that a large portion of the human population has to be killed off which is what the TPTB is trying to promote.

Making a list....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join