It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Just wanted to add to this most excellent compilation:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorkiSpaceDuck
there there ..googoo now little precious ones...peeps who like science or sausage
should never watch it being made..bet you yhink you're smarter than average(and can furnish zero proof
other than your self indulgeny egotistical childlike ranting) sheeesh what I and kepler and galileo go through for
scienece ..run now mommy gonna bath and wipe your bum for you...

Please tone down the rhetoric before I deem thee to be acting in an untenable manner.

This be the heralded creative writing forums where a (higher) modicum of decorum is requiridum.
edit on 21/1/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NorkiSpaceDuck

Interesting contribution.
I'm not sure how it applies to the topic?
Maybe you could give us your stance on how it does.
Please

[Hopefully it wasn't just a lame plug for your video

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

LOL - I think you have hit the nail on the head here.

Its really simple when you look at things like that.

Can you imagine life on Earth without humanity ?
What a beautiful place it would be for All OTHER FORMS OF LIFE.

Maybe it wasn't really ours to start with.
Which has all kinds of implications...
Maybe we really were genetically engineered slaves put here to mine planet earth for precious metals that sustain other worlds atmospheres and they really are coming back in 2012 for the harvest.
Would explain the increase in Gold over the last few years - time for the TPTB to pay up for their privileges over the rest of us but they ain't got enough so they are going underground !!!

It's just a theory...that's all like i know any better

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Hopefully it wasn't just a lame plug for your video

And do you have any idea what the video is about?

Not to go too far off topic but I watched it and I'm none the wiser.....

Seems like a load of old bollocks to me

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
1. BP... a 20 inch hole in the earth expelling a natural substance at a natural pressure into another natural substance. The earth could release many times this amount with an earthquake and no doubt has in the immemorial past many times. Additionally this is not the first time this has happened in industry.

2. Starvation- people have been starving again- since time immemorial. Sending aid in the form of food alone (without addition of contraception) is just prolonging the problem. Images evoking emotion do not change the fact that people have been starving since time immemorial, it is nothing new or due to our modern era. In fact since industrialized countries have lower pop growth (by a long shot) then this point is acutally moot.

3. Electric car - powered indirectly by coal or nukes that run off batteries that are toxic to produce and toxic to dispose of.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by miragezero

Seems like a rather weak reply.

1. BP...

True, so why add to it? Should we just continue polluting our planet?

2. Starvation-

Yup but now they are dying in much much larger numbers. We should be doing more.

3. Electric car -

I guess you missed that whole part about solar and wind farms.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Solar panels are not efficient and they degrade. Wait for better tech. 8k windmills (required to reach the waxman plan) is unfeasable, and requires clusters of them pulling gigawatts of energy from the atmosphere... plus think about it- if you increase wind resistance what do you think the wind is going to do?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
One of the interesting paradoxes to our being a blight and parasite to the planet, is that we are also part of nature. You would think that our superior intelligence would make us better able to understand our role and harmony with nature..BUT quite the opposite is true. Nature has an intrinsic and innate intelligence which is far superior to our 'human' intelligence, and our intelligence has sort of split off and become antagonistic to that which exists in nature (we are very out of touch with the innate subtle processes of the world around us).

There are thousands of examples of this, but consider photosynthesis; Nature has the ability via self regulating quantum process, to derive near 100% efficiency from sunlight. We cannot do much better than 30% and we are now turning to nature to better understand these (and many other) seemingly miraculous feats - and yet we remained baffled at these processes. Many creatures on this planet that do not even have brains, are capable of far greater 'processing' than ourselves. It is only in our own eyes that we feel so much more intelligent than anything else. Perhaps because we have more potency for destruction than any other creature?
edit on 25-1-2011 by whatsup because: typo correction

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Science. Science. Science.

Science. Science. Science.

I think our happiness is tied to the ratio of those who're capable that learn science.

The more the merrier.

I took a physics class in 2005 and there were many answers. Sadly, it was not near enough for me. And not nearly enough people have even done just that simple act alone. We have a long long ways to go. And the funny thing in all this is that the answer isn't hidden from us, it's in plain site. It's just expensive and requires a lot of time and we're short on that and patience.

We're putting too much money in our military efforts. Far too much. We compose almost 50% of the global military expenditures. The closest nation behind us is china and it's not even at 7%. We eclipse everyone and entire leagues of nations are in our shadow. If we continue to invest so much in the military machine we wil one day find ourselves far behind every other modern nation and we will essentially be at that point a military regime. We need to invest far more in education and public health. One of the reasons this pattern continues is because too many of us lack a solid education. And when I say solid I mean a diverse background with diverse interests and skills.

Just google it. We spend on guns and bombs and defense like there's no tomorrow.
edit on 26-1-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I always enjoy your threads, and this one is no different. That being said the title and the way this thread comes off seems a bit NWO mind set to me.

If the governments of the world actually invested in new technology and advancing our civilization, rather than fighting wars with blood money and screwing the global population, we would probably not be in the mess we are.

I 1000000000000% blame the system in place and those that control it. This is not a human infestation problem as so much it is a evolving and awareness issue. Think of what we fund with the currencies of this world...could we really not afford to fix most of these issues?

Of course we could, TPTB just don't want to advance technology at this point bc they are waiting till the slate gets wiped clean. To them evolving our way of life at this point would be counter productive.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
there will not be a total die-off

there will be a partial die-off, enough to scare everyone out of their slumber

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

Thanks for the rather interesting perspective.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup
There are thousands of examples of this, but consider photosynthesis; Nature has the ability via self regulating quantum process, to derive near 100% efficiency from sunlight. We cannot do much better than 30% and we are now turning to nature to better understand these (and many other) seemingly miraculous feats - and yet we remained baffled at these processes. Many creatures on this planet that do not even have brains,

WTF are you talking about? Photosynthesis doesn't have anywhere NEAR 100 percent eff- quite frankly it doesn't need to because plants don't run around posting crap like this... lol

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

So what do you propose.'
Just curious.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I hope you realize the internet was originally a DARPA project.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

yep i remember than commercial too all us old guys do

do i feel bad about pollution? yes
do i think that we do need alternative engergy sources? yes

with time that will change but then agian the more things change the more they stay the same. looking back throughout the history of men nothing has changed natural resources will always be need as long as mankind lives on this planet that will never change.

imagine your lives right now if there was no oil, no coal, no nothing the synthetic materials that you are using right now our lives would be very different indeed.

the world isnt perfect far from it no one will ever deny it but things can always be worse and the "treehugger" march has always been around the names change such as "naturalist" and so forth what has changed in recent years is the information age- when things happen the world knows about it in an instant.

but then agian like i said this is nothing different if youv'e read history than any yesterday of man maybe sad and it's true but never in the entire world history has mankind ever had it so easy and many of you will argue that but look at the technology that you use in everyday life- you dont hunt unless you count going to the grocery store and all those products and services are all made possible by oil and coal and other various energy sources.

everything we use and take for granted has always come at a cost and until people are willing to give up their "comfort" things will never change..

mankind has been around for a blink of an eye in the billions of years the earth has been around no one really knows how many civilizations have come before us and have perished before us.

some people say there have been 5 ages of man i really should do more reasearch on them.

look at it this way the 1st age of man could have wiped itself out and after thousands or millions of years the 2nd appeared the second one could have wiped itself out and the 3rd one appeared then came along the 4th and they wiped themselves out and after millions of years the 5th one came around which is currently us and one can argue that we are currently doing the same (this speakes to the more things change the more they stay the same) maybe mankind is truly unique and its an on going experirment til we get it right and move beyond the plantary restraints on this 3rd rock from the sun.

mans own arrogance is why there is a treehugger or naturalist movement mankind isnt nothing compared to mothernature. a supervolocano blowing like yellowstone or the "killer" asteroid mythos hitting the earth and whiping us all out what good have all your actions or non actions have accomplished.

the simple truth of it all is the earth was here before mankind and will be here long long after mankind has went the way of dodo bird.

i really wish people would put more engergy in to saving this country saving themselves than the planet because the only power any of us have is the power to change our own lives for the better ( without the expense of giving government more power and destroying peoples lives and wealth)

:p

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

mankind has already gone the way of the dodo... in a manner of speaking.

I think we should do some stuff about the environment but I do see your point because with all these other problems, it seems we are never going to get to that place of understanding where everyone must do their part.... and that is what it would take on a more complete level. We would be doing good to get off this rock and have a better look around if we plan to survive millions and millions of years as an evolved species.

Sometimes people bitch at the government for things that the whole population and history are responsible for. If we are going to bitch at them and expect it to do some good then we should be asking for help with the biggest concerns first... not that they will help but this whole environment argument needs to be serious and prioritized... like what if we were to make a massive litter clean up endeavor world wide and then mankind is wiped out right afterward by a cosmic event that might have been prevented if we had been paying attention.... but then on the other hand some people say "we need to worry about our own communities before we worry about space"... because that is just the way they think.

It's weird... I'm kind of an isolated and socially reserved person... and in my basic ways of doing things but i have noticed very social people who are active in their own community but have not an inkling of regard for concerns outside of what they can see... like they are not open to other people and thoughts throughout the world, but daily functionality-wise, the seem to be very receptive and considerate in dealing with others.... and then you could have someone completely anti-social in everyday life but they might be able to grasp something that is happening on a galactic level that the average person can't even phathom, but to them it's like something going on right next door. Or maybe a great understanding of certain ecosystems or species of animal and their life systems almost as if they are communicating to the point where they are sharing experiences... but they don't seem to get people at all.

Hmm... life is funny... and I went off on a tangent. Ooops.

now here is a nice music video to compliment the subject matter.

edit on 30-1-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I remember that commercial very well and also remember it bringing tears to my eyes, why is that there aren't more commercials like this today, they should be all over the networks.

Great presentation Slayer.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join