It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Slayer, what can I say that you haven't? Simply stated, an Awesome thread!! I too remember that commercial, and how I would get very emotional every time I saw it. It still evokes the same response, only this time I think "What have we done?"

On a personal note, my family has had more respiratory infections this year than in decades. I am convinced our air, water and food are slowly killing us. No one will do a thing until the richer countries start seeing a mass die off of the people. Until family members of the elite, start dropping dead. Then, they will realize what greed has done, but it will be too late, if it isn't already!

Thank you, for this eye opener!!

Pax

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Slayer, nice OP. Here's a video that goes along with this. One I saw a while ago that really disgusted me.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I wonder how many here will read it and think that we will succumb to some NWO threat instead of realizing that we ourselves are doing it. I can understand some members resisting the facts that we are ruining the planet. Some have only regional views. They walk outside and smell he flowers and may like myself be able to see green mountains etc

I have lived in many parts of this country and I have seen first hand the diversity of each location this is how I know we as a species can do better.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Thanks for the video.
I haven't seen that one yet.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by paxnatus

I wonder how many here will read it and think that we will succumb to some NWO threat instead of realizing that we ourselves are doing it. I can understand some members resisting the facts that we are ruining the planet. Some have only regional views. They walk outside and smell he flowers and may like myself be able to see green mountains etc

I have lived in many parts of this country and I have seen first hand the diversity of each location this is how I know we as a species can do better.

Thing is I'd prefer if depopulation happened naturally,
simply by getting rid of the justice-system, making killing legal,
we could get people back to tribal life style,

Note that in order to see we must kill photons,
so killing is quite natural.

cities would simply be too dangerous,
so people would move to the country,
and live off the land, hopefully using permaculture,
though in any case with more love and affection than multi-national-corporations.

Though I guess the current plans,
may bring about a very similar scenario.
quite clearly they want to manage agriculture.
After 14 days without food people resort to cannibalism.
So quite likely Zombies or hungry hordes truly will roam the streets.

we could still have social order in tribes,
and atom-tribes can interconnect to make molecules, cells, and so on.
edit on 18/1/11 by lowki because: atom-tribe

The only thing I truly disapprove of,
is that nature is being harmed,
by this agenda to kill humans.
chemtrails also affect birds and fish.

It's mainly the programming that made people consumerist slobs.
We can program people to be anything,
so can also make them sustainable and nature-friendly.
In fact people are naturally like that,
as nature teaches them to be so,
those that aren't usually die.
and so it is the case here.

edit on 18/1/11 by lowki because: nature

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Man you hit the nail right on man! Great read and yes we all are killing our planet, there is way to many people on this rock and to many dumb people that dont know how to get along and take care of Mother Nature!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WEALLNEED2KNOW
Man you hit the nail right on man! Great read and yes we all are killing our planet, there is way to many people on this rock and to many dumb people that dont know how to get along and take care of Mother Nature!

no they are smart people,
doing as they have been told, shown or programmed.

while ignorance of nature was prevalent during the industrial revolution,
the full out war on nature only started as the continuation of WW2,
with the introduction of petrochemical agriculture.
now that's extended into war on the slaves,
which is a standard spartan tactic.

Athens is the capitol of Greece.
Wisdom love of nature.

how to care for and how to live in co-operation with nature can be taught,
here is a permaculture food forest garden at a college:

edit on 18/1/11 by lowki because: live in co-operation

edit on 18/1/11 by lowki because: food forest

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't know Slayer but I think Woodsy the Owl has already been fighting this cause for a while now and I'm not sure he appreciates you trying to steal his thunder. Be very wary of owls or anything to do with owls. He doesn't play.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Your thread brings forth knowledge to which we all now NEED to make ourselves aware.

It was only by a very slim chance that we came to exist on this big rock floating through space. We have developed, grown, evolved... along with the Earth we live on and the many species that we co-exist with. But now, it is through choice that we will ruin this chance to live... and ruin this chance to make existence worth while.

It is not through educating, through developing careers to earn money to gain stuff that we claim to be ours; that makes life worth living. But it is existence itself that makes existing worth while.

I don't think we know just how lucky we are to be here, typing on these forums, reading, communicating and taking in experiences through our human senses!

Better yet, not only do we get the chance to experience, to feel, to love, to lose, to gain.... We get the chance to remember those experiences. It is this 'remembering' that makes us who we are, that influences our present and future actions.

I admire your thread, it summarises what we all need to realise in order to take the next step and do something about it. But more importantly, we need to remember WHY we need to do something about it...

To ensure 'future existence!'.

Existence is rare and precious.. please protect it, because at the end of the day, that IS all that matters.

Cherish your experiences, while you still can.

Mike

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes Slayer I do agree. I just wish people would open themselves up to be educated and see what 's going on in front of them. It seems that especially in the US, we are so inundated with nonsense in various forms of media, politics, etc that as a people we lose focus. I am extremely optimistic though and I do believe we can make a change. I hope that we may see it in our lifetime no matter how delusional some people here may think it is.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MOOR45

Hey I appreciate your contribution.

Hopefully we can get our act together before it's too late.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I haven't read this whole thread, just the original post, but I just had to drop in and tell the OP that I enjoyed it very much so -- as I'm sure tons of other ATS'ers have already done.

I look forward to reading more of your work and thank you for the time and research it took you to put together this thread!

Seriously, it's killing me that I haven't found this little gem of a sub-forum until recently.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JDWriter

Well I'm glad you found it.

thank you for your reply.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuzitzu

Interesting perspective.

thanks

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

You know, this might all be pretty easy to believe if you live in the city. However, here in North America, there are absolutely vast stretches of beautiful land, unspoiled by almost anything. Our agricultural capacity is untapped in this country - we have roughly a MILLION SQUARE MILES of land that is agriculturally viable, that could be put into production. If mass consumer culture was turned down a notch, and people bought fewer packaged goods, and foods that needed to be shipped a shorter distance, we would be just fine with TEN TIMES the current global population.

I hate to say this, but your post reads like the kind of sickening anti-human green commie bullcrap that has been totally discredited following the Climategate email scandal about a year ago.

www.climategate.com... has a good bit of information for you if you want to come back to earth. You will see that your beliefs have been installed in you by the media, and a small but very vocal segment of the scientific community who wishes to use science as a way of justifying control over every aspect of your life. With a bit of research, you can arrive at the same conclusion I did, which is that overall, the Earth will be fine, as long as we don't deforest it.

I was like you until Climategate hit, and I decided to read through the emails. The most respected and oft-quoted climate scientists outed themselves as frauds and charlatans, and were openly talking about changing the facts to make people like you and I believe exactly what they wanted us to believe, despite evidence to the contrary.

A few hints to get you started on your journey: gridding, tree ring samples, core samples, hockey stick, mander minimum, solar cycle, little ice age, and 12 years of global cooling (now).

You will see you've been had.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

You know, this might all be pretty easy to believe if you live in the city. However, here in North America, there are absolutely vast stretches of beautiful land, unspoiled by almost anything. Our agricultural capacity is untapped in this country - we have roughly a MILLION SQUARE MILES of land that is agriculturally viable, that could be put into production.

I live in North America and have traveled widely in it for a couple of decades. [Job Related] So, I have been to all four corners and in Canada a few times. I have seen how cast North America really is. You're preaching to the choir........

If mass consumer culture was turned down a notch, and people bought fewer packaged goods, and foods that needed to be shipped a shorter distance, we would be just fine with TEN TIMES the current global population.

I've never advocated a reduction in the population. I guess you have made a few assumption with regards to the OP piece. I've stated a few times in this fairly large thread that the reduction of the human population was not part of simply informing people of the mess we have and are making in certain locations of the planet.

I'll ask again. What's wrong with cleaning up the messes WE HAVE made?

I hate to say this, but your post reads like the kind of sickening anti-human green commie bullcrap that has been totally discredited following the Climategate email scandal about a year ago.

That's your opinion and you're welcome to it

www.climategate.com... has a good bit of information for you if you want to come back to earth. You will see that your beliefs have been installed in you by the media, and a small but very vocal segment of the scientific community who wishes to use science as a way of justifying control over every aspect of your life. With a bit of research, you can arrive at the same conclusion I did, which is that overall, the Earth will be fine, as long as we don't deforest it.

That's a rather bold assumption on your part. Just how exactly do you know what I know or have seen from a single thread? I gave a perspective that many were either ignorant of or simply refused to see for various reasons. I suspect the majority out of denial of what mess we have made. AGAIN I'll ask whats wrong with cleaning up the messes we have made?

I was like you until Climategate hit, and I decided to read through the emails. The most respected and oft-quoted climate scientists outed themselves as frauds and charlatans, and were openly talking about changing the facts to make people like you and I believe exactly what they wanted us to believe, despite evidence to the contrary.

I'm not worried or concerned about Climategate as much as you are apparently. The Earths environment is changing. I said in the opening piece that I could care less whether it was man made, man contributed or simply a rotation of or cycling through a nature history of Earth. What I was focused on was leaving cleaner water, Air and some forests that we have been cutting down for hundreds of years.

I live in the Pacific Northwest now, But was born and raised in Southern California and have also lived 17 years back east in Baltimore Md. I have seen first hand the [Reforestation attempts] Yeah they look great, all green and lush. Until you look closer and notice that it's in fact a dead forest. You see and maybe you are not aware of, that they are only replanting commercially needed trees that do not lend themselves to the former indigenous animal life.

The forest supported a wide array of animals with its former variety of trees.

A few hints to get you started on your journey: gridding, tree ring samples, core samples, hockey stick, mander minimum, solar cycle, little ice age, and 12 years of global cooling (now).

You will see you've been had.

Again I appreciate your opinion.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I admit our reforestation efforts are indeed lacking. It's a huge problem. However, they aren't dead by any stretch - I hunt and fish in them and get plenty of game.

They are more of a monoculture and this is an enormous problem, but it could be solved by reforming the USDA which is the agency in charge of planning these replantings. They are the ones who are at fault, ultimately, along with the elected officials.

There is more to this climategate thing than meets the eye, and it is worthy of some research on your part, if only to understand that what has been foisted off as science is really just bullcrap that can't pass a peer review. In fact, in the leaked emails they admit they had to "redefine what peer review is" in order to publish some of these so-called scientific studies.

I consider myself a conservationist, and as a sportsman I want healthy forests and waters so I can enjoy the bounty. The problem isn't overpopulation, so much as overexploitation by commercial interests given a free hand by very shady elected and appointed officials.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Wonderful thread Slayer! You put alot of time and heart into this.. the videos were also good the whole thread was a great read ..thank you ~~ S&F for you..

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

thank you.

I'm glad you liked the thread.

The feed back is appreciated.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join