It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Greetings:

Your presentation was one of the very first things I was lead to here on ATS.

S&F! Absolutely well thought out and stunning to behold!

I thought this might be of interest.

SURVIVING THE AMERICAN FOOD CRISIS OF 2011

and perhaps

DOMINO EFFECT OF FEBRUARY 2011 - I Had a Dream About America's Future

Watch for my new post coming soon:

"October 2011 Surprise - Triple Threat From Space
Foretells Disaster!"

Enjoy.

In Peace & Light
tfw

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Thanks I appreciate the feedback.

Glad you've enjoyed it.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Giving this one last shameless bump.

Good luck to everyone who entered the contest.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You had me from Iron Eyes Cody all the way to hittin' play on CCR. Bravura, SLAYER! Thanks for the awesome & superbly written reminder. I read it this morning but didn't wanna bump it until a few folk had read my goofiness.

You actually resemble your avatar, btw. No wonder all the cute girlie avatars flirt with your avatar.
It's not just your brains. Might not be the same-fer-same there though, bucko, so be careful of blind dates.

I have 2 or 3 others to Flag and a ton more to read, but it smells like napalm in the morning and victory around here.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
PEACE

edit on 2-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Considering all that is presently going on in the world.
I thought it wise to give this thread another bump.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
All I can say,Slayer,is WOW...

I have been on here almost a year and I missed this?????

The only thing we as humans are going to do is wipe ourselves off the planet,mother nature will easily heal herself.

Thanks for this!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

As I've stated earlier in the thread [Someplace it's been awhile] is that if we humans keep going the way we are, We may not survive but I'm pretty sure the Earth will continue along without us and recover.

I mean, it supposedly survived several mass extinctions and been hit by a meteorite or two maybe even comet in it's past yet, by the time we humans became aware and multiplied over the face of the Earth she was a lush paradise eh?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by kdog1982

As I've stated earlier in the thread [Someplace it's been awhile] is that if we humans keep going the way we are, We may not survive

We won't, at least not in present shape and format.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Sounds interesting, Care to elaborate further or were you just passing through?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Sounds interesting, Care to elaborate further or were you just passing through?

I was passing through, actually, but I've been watching what Stratfor and comparable analysts have to say about the evolution of the planet and its population for many years now. And it's not encouraging. Population growth is still out of control in certain areas, which also happen to experience shortage of water. This problem does not seem to go away, and water is not a discretionary consumption item. Major industrialized are in recession that seems to be systemic, and when the economy is bad, you cant sell conservation of the environment to the public. I'm also concerned about fringe fanatic sort of leadership gaining control of a functional nuke and a decent delivery system.

In short, I don't see any good new anywhere. I'm a pragmatic person and I just feel that the world as we know has its days numbered (which doesn't mean next week or 5 years from now). There will be a cataclysm and the survivors will definitely adapt, but that will be a different kind of society.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I appreciate the feedback.
I feel that making the issues of our day known through sites like ATS is a step in the right direction.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I appreciate the feedback.
I feel that making the issues of our day known through sites like ATS is a step in the right direction.

Yes, let's put the issues on a USB drive and put it into a cast concrete block. That would make a time capsule that would preserve the "issues of the day".

I'm frankly for creation of new humanity, numbered 200,000 people or so, that can buy out an island (or move under the sea like in Bioshock) and keep leaving a reasonable life -- that is, until finding ways of terraforming Mars or other such endeavor. Current set of civilizations on planet Earth is doomed.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Well that's a very interesting perspective. I even though see major issues with humanity do not see the need to go to such extremes in order to straiten this mess out.

Hopefully it wont have to come to that.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Well that's a very interesting perspective. I even though see major issues with humanity do not see the need to go to such extremes in order to straiten this mess out.

Hopefully it wont have to come to that.

We can always hope, Slayer, but the better members of humanity (like yourself) might as well consider plan B.

I'm personally convinced that we had better start this endeavor now. How 'bout you, padner?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I'm personally convinced that we had better start this endeavor now. How 'bout you, padner?

I also see the urgency to clean up the mess we are living in and feel that everybody has to do their share as they can in whatever way they see fit as long as it contributes to a positive advancement of humanity and our world.

from the last few posts here I know the op does not mean to scare and I agree, fear is a bad base. however I do emphasise an urgency again. to bring issues like this to the attention of the ats community is a great thing to do and I thank the writer for creating and bumping up this thread – I shall read it as soon as I can.

a plea in behalf of people who feel pain and see even more pain added to the suffering every day

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bestintentions
I also see the urgency to clean up the mess we are living in and feel that everybody has to do their share

That's wishful thinking. I can give you an example: I cleaned up the mess on my front lawn and it looks decent, the grass is OK and the evergreens look nice. At the same time, the neighbor across the street doesn't think twice to place all sort of trash in front of his property and park a few derelict cars there. I have no authority to make him change. Actually, neighbors did loan him a mower a few times, and he cut the overgrown weeds. But there is not much beyond that.

There is no fundamental law that guarantees that people become more "enlightened", or disciplined, or even reasonable.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

There is no fundamental law that guarantees that people become more "enlightened", or disciplined, or even reasonable.

there is of course law-enforcement to discipline people but i don't think that's what you mean. but we could not perceive law if it was not modeled on fundamental law. everybody learns to know right from wrong. everybody experiences consequences from stepping out of line whether set by life or police.

every single person on this planet wants to be loved and is longing to be respected. the more love you can give the less resistance you will generate. blaming each other does not help in the least, nobody has to live up to your standards, understanding and expectations.

if you can stay happy under any circumstances, that is the best emanations you can contribute to the world. then you can start detailing your surroundings and your power will be immense.

try a different approach with your neighbour. experiment until you get the result you care for.

edit on 5-2-2012 by bestintentions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

since this is a short story a compliment might be appropriate but i don't feel like that about it. Not that i don't think it's good what you put together! just, there are so many points i'd rather discuss. or not discuss. after all it's your story.

points like

......maintain our comfort zone

There are really only two things in nature that clean the air of pollutants

We are in no danger of over population anytime soon

what does matter to me is clean air, water and enough food for everybody

What can we do?

my point is that since the legal system does not advocate human rights but profiteering sanctioned by governments and authorities in power and since erin brockoviches are thin and rare to find, i see no other option than to take the duty of care in our individual hands and undermine the power with vigorous passive resistance. i've mentioned this so often that i don't feel to unpack more of it.

but for sure : give us more of your good medicine !

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I know I am so very late on this thread but I had to comment..
This thread is GREAT! Brilliantly written. Just an all around greatly written and well put together thread. I love it.
Star&Flag Slayer, once again your writing has stunned me!!

P.S.

Mother nature/Earth will do whatever is necessary to protect herself and her other life forms from our actions.

I have always felt this way..

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join