It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do most americans dislike the british??

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Lol i think he has been on the xbox too much because when im on there some of the Americans are hating on us because were from Britain but when i say im Scottish they say " oh your cool with us"
So maybe its just the streotype they dont like

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
I love the British, I mean I watch QI all the time.

Your comedy, not so much.

QI is a comedy show

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Yes.

We wouldn't exist if there were people that were not oppressed.

So I guess we can thank the old kings for opressing us.

You know, if you're going to make a statement that America owes it's existence to someone, you should probably note that it was the French who helped liberate us.

It's not as bad, but it's kind of like saying that if not for Hitler and Goebels (sp?) then Israel wouldn't exist.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BURNZYY
Lol i think he has been on the xbox too much because when im on there some of the Americans are hating on us because were from Britain but when i say im Scottish they say " oh your cool with us"
So maybe its just the streotype they dont like

meh, kids are kids bud , they don't fully realize the power of words just yet. surely you guys dont think that some of the riff raff and trash talk said on xbox live represent the views our country, if so god help us all! lol. if it means anything to you, American kids talk trash to each other daily, and in very much worse ways than you will hear against you because your from somewhere else.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Now how true is this? i often take note when people from England come back from the States
and say just how bad your country is when it comes to big brother and your rite's etc.
I am the 1st to shout about how over the top England is with police & CCTV yet i am told
the USA really is a nightmare,and compared we are no where near as monitored.

I myself find this hard to believe but that's what i keep hearing, for the size of our little island
we do have a LOT of CCTV but compared to the US is there much difference?
off topic but i am interested all the same.

Take your laws. To me they seem way over the top the US seem to put you in jail for offences
that if committed in the UK you would walk free with a small fine.this seems over the top for you
guys in the states. why do such harsh sentences get dished out? our & your law must be the same
yet the punishment is so much worse.why?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

I dont listen to it i just laugh

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Whiskey tango foxtrot!
Where do threads like this come from?
Nothing but horse poop!
No, I do not hate our allies.
No star, no flag, no cookie.

edit on 11-1-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I don't dislike the British. I just get tired of hearing the same old diatribe against American politics. Mind ye own.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked
I don't dislike the British. I just get tired of hearing the same old diatribe against American politics. Mind ye own.

American politics effect the whole world. When your business directly effects the business of others then people are gonna take an interest in yours.

That's just simple common sense.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
As with many of the other replies, I too have no problem with the Brits, in fact, I enjoy the dry humor that is so well associated with the UK. To me, Canada, UK, AU, and the US are one group of folks. Yes they may put a U in the word color and say chap and mate instead of bro or man, but If I left the US, I would only feel fully comfortable in the UK or Australia. The Brits held off Hitler, so they're AOK in all of my books, just a little corny

link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Thats very true

link   

Originally posted by stewalters1
I have noticed in my short time here on ats allot of hate from americans directed at the british.
Do most americans see the british as a weak spineless nation that can't do anything without american backing, be the backing financial or help to win wars.

Well, this is one American that loves England. To me England has always been our biggest ally and brother. If there was ever a country on this planet that I felt more at home than America it was England. I don't think I have EVER heard anyone speak unkindly of England in my 47 years.

Spineless? Weak? Apparently those who feel that way have no memory of WWII. When I think of England the words stoic, brave, and proud come to mind. We may not always agree on everything... but whoever does? The main thing is that America and England have stood by each other in time of need. I have no doubt that when the poop hits the fan that England will be there by our side to the end.

Even when America has done things that I have not agreed with, England has still stood by our side. Even when most of the world was against us, England stood by us. I call that a friend and ally. Spineless? Weak? I hardly think so. We all have done things we are not proud of. Vietnam, Fauklands, etc.., but we still remained allies.

Put it this way. If anyone ever attacked England I would consider it an attack against our nation as well. I would hope that most Americans feel that way as well.

I think the only thing I have against England is that the McDonald's there charges for ketchup packages. Whoever heard of such a thing!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
Now how true is this? i often take note when people from England come back from the States
and say just how bad your country is when it comes to big brother and your rite's etc.
I am the 1st to shout about how over the top England is with police & CCTV yet i am told
the USA really is a nightmare,and compared we are no where near as monitored.

I myself find this hard to believe but that's what i keep hearing, for the size of our little island
we do have a LOT of CCTV but compared to the US is there much difference?
off topic but i am interested all the same.

Take your laws. To me they seem way over the top the US seem to put you in jail for offences
that if committed in the UK you would walk free with a small fine.this seems over the top for you
guys in the states. why do such harsh sentences get dished out? our & your law must be the same
yet the punishment is so much worse.why?

Some cities in the states are putting in CCTV, New York, Miami, Boston. Unfortunately America will be ahead in this rally.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sibefivefive

Something tells me you wouldn't feel too comfortable in Staines.Or 80's Brixton or Birmingham.Full of people of the dark persuasion.Wink n nudge.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stewalters1

Britain runs America. We all serve the queen in the end. LOL Americans dont hate anyone, we have an artificial pride built into us that makes us very defensive. Maybe because it is built on the false assumption that we are free. But yeah all hail the queen or pharoe or whatever 300 of 13 etc.

link   

As your finding out from your responses, we don't hate Brit's.

The haters tend to the fringe in the Far Right and the Far Left. They hate everyone, even each other, that's why they are referred too as extremists. Ignore them.

Then you have the self-loathing Americans. They don't represent even a tiny percent of us either. They do tend to get loud and post a lot though.

I've always viewed us as the same people, same with the Canadians.

I will admit though, I do find the concept of Royals a bit funny. That such Titles should still exist in this day and age is a bit odd. That part of me is definitely American in nature. To me a Royal is silly person wrapped up in silly ceremonies and who at times dress funny. I'd no more bow to a Royal than I would one of our Presidents. They are just Bozo's on the Bus like the rest of us. Perhaps that is one thing Brit's find odd about us? No reverence for phony pomp and ceremony that is.
edit on 1/11/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

link   
I thought alot of Americans fell out with The Scottish / Britain because the Government relesed Al Megrahi ( The Bomber) but it seems that yous havent

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Funny, what with America's rather imperialist approach to foreign policy, I'd been getting the impression that we all answer to Obama...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

How can I hate the country that invented Strong Bow cider, the Sex pistols, Harry Potter, and Paul Bettany? Britain is OK with me, however, I will continue to make bad teeth Brit jokes though.
but all in good fun

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BURNZYY
I thought alot of Americans fell out with The Scottish / Britain because the Government relesed Al Megrahi ( The Bomber) but it seems that yous havent

A Judge did that, not the British People. We know the difference.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join