It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do most americans dislike the british??

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Royals are good in the way that when they have a big day like a wedding we get the day off work

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stewalters1

People are people, their nationality is purely incidental.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by BURNZYY
I thought alot of Americans fell out with The Scottish / Britain because the Government relesed Al Megrahi ( The Bomber) but it seems that yous havent

A Judge did that, not the British People. We know the difference.

Most British people had been calling for his release for years. He was falsely imprisoned to appease the Americans. The case against him was laughable.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWill
reply to post by fonenyc

Funny, what with America's rather imperialist approach to foreign policy, I'd been getting the impression that we all answer to Obama...

Check the 13th ammendment of the constitution, if you can find it, for more on that. I believe it was something like the "nobility act".... lol Obama is a patsy sorry to say, although an intelligent man he has been abandoned by his party and left to the vultures. Like there is a difference between the imperialist factions of the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by leelo

No! You cannot be nice about strongbow cider! It is sewage water! Bulmers (same company - better drink), or Magners (Irish) or many of the regional ciders... but I refuse to allow you to consider Strongbow a point in our favour.

Imagine if I'd said that we liked America because of shows like Jersey Shore, or because Palin is such a bright spark? How would you feel then?

A few better things... Black Books, QI, Never mind the Buzzcocks, Blood Red Shoes, Florence Welch, Helena Bonham Carter, Rachel Weisz, Anna Friel, Emma Thompson, Keira Knightley, Red Dwarf, Noisettes, Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy, Mars Bars, Terry Pratchett, Mock the Week, Michael McIntyre, Eddie Izzard, The Vicar of Dibley... but no, you cannot count Strongbow in our favour. I will not allow it!

edit on 11/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
id=VideoPlayback video.google.com... style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash>

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Americans doesn't hate the brits, but a lot countries hate America
edit on 11-1-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
God Bless the Queen!!!.....no wait that's not PC anymore....Allah Bless the Queen!!....or should it be...Great Spirit of the Universe bestow well wishes upon.......come on guys help me out with this.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is probably a bad example, this old guy seems crackers! But it is the best example of the Cumbrian dialect // accent that I can find........Cumbria is a county in the very far north of England (last yan before Scotland).

It's quite funny actually, and I suppose to some extent I do sound like this (BTW, yan is one, see if you can spot it in the poem) oh, and Cumberland is the old name for Cumbria (aka the lake district)

Enjoy

edit on 11/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

You missed out Russel Howards Good News And Eastenders lol

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BURNZYY

It wasn't supposed to be exhaustive. But I wouldn't have put East Enders on it even if it was... they reel you in by being on the television when you can't be bothered to find the remote, and then before you know it, you're trapped, watching them, even though you don't actually enjoy it, just because you have to know what happens to fictional people that you don't even like!.

I guess some people might like that sort of thing, but I'm pretty sure that all those neighbourhood-type soap operas are the same in any country.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Nope we LOVE the British, they are trend setters, have great accents and most of us have genealogy which goes back to them. Brits are very cool.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

eastenders is on in my house every night because of The Missus
but i sit up stair and play some Fifa or Cod

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

To be fair, I've encountered it on ATS, but in person (I've spent a lot of time across the USA), I've always found Americans to be nothing but courteus and pleasant. A good deal more than I can say for my fellow countrymen.

That's right - us Brits hate each other, so even if the Americans did hate us, our own hatred (of each other) would drown any of that out.

Americans and American culture (rightly in some cases) gets bad press in the UK, chiefly for the ignorance that is portrayed with the culture (again, rightly or wrongly), but I actually think masses of ANY people - American, British, French, the Tories) are a very scary and ignorant prospect.

Get someone on their own however, and you can more than likely have a decvent conversation, without the perceived ignorance that preceeds their creed.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I actually believe that if you take a poll, you will find that we colonials are quite fond of the following:

Upstairs-Downstairs,
Dr. Who,
Monty Python's Flying Circus,
Absolutely Fabulous,
Harry Potter,
H.G. Wells (personal favorite),
James Bond,
Mr. Bean...
The list goes on and on.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
How can you not like us British

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The majority of the American people voted J.W. Bush for president. Wouldn't that make them just as stupid or even dumber than Bush. You have to be pretty stupid to vote a Bush for president.

The irony is that they did it two times in a row. Can you imagine that?

Bush represented the image of the people of United States. To be disliked by them is no big deal. They dont do much effort to be liked by anyone but them selves.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
My first point to make, is that if you are worried about American haters, don’t worry about many of them being able to find Britain. A couple of years Gallup/Harris polled 1,400 people to point out the United States on a sheet that only included the map of the United States. Thirty seven percent were unable to correctly point out the United States.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

If there is a hater that is clever enough to be able to find Britain, don’t worry about any of them coming over to steal any of your recipe books. In my mind, the British are truly the Carp of the western world when it comes to food and diet.

Almost half of my ancestral background is British. I have been immersed in British culture and have partaken in my fair share of the British cuisine. I love traveling through Britain, but you won’t find me lining up for such delicacies as a “sheep heart, liver and lungs, cooked in the sheep stomach”, with a side order of overcooked peas and bread fried in bacon grease.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
They took errr jerrrrbs!

Limey snaggle-toothed transparent tea suckers.

No, most Americans don't hate the British. You're all a bunch of rednecks like us.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The best thing to come out of America was LIL Wayne and Young Money, followed by T.Iand Banks.

Also Family Guy is immense.

You Yanks are alrite, its just your government. But don't be hating on the general populace. I don't see how any Americans could dislike us English- The majority of you are descended from us.

Its all good
edit on 11-1-2011 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2011 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join