It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do most americans dislike the british??

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stewalters1

Def Leppard, Queen, Genesis? How could I be mad at them.

They have put out some really good music over the years.

Love em'.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praxilla
reply to post by BlackOps719

I happen to have a "thing" for the British, it started when I was a young girl and saw a British film. I fell in love with the accent, and have been hooked ever since!

It wasn't Mary Poppins was it? Gotta love Dick Van Dyke's mockney accent

Whenever I meet an American over here I love talking to them! You guys are just cool in my book. Last one I met was drinking cider tho
You're in the UK man get a beer down ya neck

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LINK-NX01

Love em'.

Pssshhhh.....how about Pink Floyd...Led Zeppelin ,,,the Who...the Rolling Stones....the Sex Pistols....the Beetles....some of the best music ever made has come from that little island.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Originally posted by LINK-NX01

Love em'.

Pssshhhh.....how about Pink Floyd...Led Zeppelin ,,,the Who...the Rolling Stones....the Sex Pistols....the Beetles....some of the best music ever made has come from that little island.

Amen to that.

I fear the days of producing good talent that are firmly in the past tho

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by -Sho-

Are you falling into the trap of thinking that only the Simon Cowell sponsored, industry toilet paper type music is produced these days?

Because there's still a lot of good stuff still coming up - just the industry doesn't seem to pick up on it. Except, weirdly, they did manage to jump all over Florence + the machine.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
English chicks seemed cool to me they did not seem clingy and needy like your average American girl....

Let you do your thing while they did theirs.

My experience is limited of course to a six month study conducted in Bedford.

Too many of them were smokers though esp. when drinking.

I mean go for it if it’s your thing, likely two smokers tastes cancel each other out, not judging just not for me.

I loved my time in England, saw Stone Henge, Tintagel (sp) and lots of neat things.

Served with many SAS guys and they are without a doubt IMO way more serious and professional than our own SF forces and when it comes to HUMINT OPS they can not be equaled.

That's why I was in Bedford to begin with, to do a course at Chicksands in interrogation and source handling operations. Very professsional group of guys and gals at that school.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shai hulud
reply to post by Wh00pS

If you lived amongst the savages that most law abiding middle and lower class Americans are forced to do, your opinions on personal firearm protection would change, trust me. It is also in our Constitution as a last bulwark and tool as a final option against a tyrannical government that crushes its peoples' freedoms. It's not about hunting, it's about having the ability to mobilize and fight off a system bent on making its' people slaves. You know, kind of like what we did to Ole King George. Hard to throw off the chains with pitchforks and bats if need be. Without our 2nd amendment, there would be no 1st amendment. It's the last thorn in the side of the beast that descends on my people. Unfortunately, you guys gave your gun rights away, and apparently by your response, it does not bother you one bit.

But then again, you know how we colonials are.

Your post comes across as a defensive assumption that i have no interest in the topic.Well tbh i would love to be able to legally arm myself to be able to defend myself and my family.
What i stated in my post was that a lot of people in the US seem to think that American gunlaw is a big issue over here when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i have nothing against british people. i actually favor them.

one liner, jk. but anyway, i feel the germans are more victims of hate than the british lol.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Not I. I appreciate the special relationship. I do worry that Britain is loosing its way.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wh00pS

My apologies. I personally believe if you guys had a 2nd amendment, you would not have near the draconian laws you have in place now. I read about some of the things that British citizens are forced to swallow and deal with and I can't help to think if they tried some of the same foolishness in some parts of my country, a good deal of statists would assume room temperature. Hopefully one day you guys will regain your gun rights.

I suppose I get used to living under the traditions of the Old Confederate culture in my part of the States. It's still like two different countries here in some places and we are working on three.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by -Sho-

Oh bugger, close the Tamar - the Devonshire lot are about

hehe Joking of course

edit on 11-1-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I don't hate the British, your devotion to prehistoric monarchy is confusing but beyond that I have no complaints. The Canadians on the other hand are the most pretentious and annoying people on the planet. They come her in droves for holidays and weekends where they litter the parking lots with packages and garbage in an attempt to avoid paying duty on their purchases. Half british, half french and 100% ignorant. The last decent contribution they made was Point Du Hoc in Normandy, the greatness of this moment was erased shortly after with the birth of Celine Dion who was launched across the border and landed in Vegas.
PS. We know all about the oil reserves up there, they'll be eating REGULAR bacon pretty soon.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
i have nothing against british people. i actually favor them.

one liner, jk. but anyway, i feel the germans are more victims of hate than the british lol.

The most frightening sound in the world is the sound of Germans singing. Starts during Octoberfest and only stops when the world war ends. Those guys are 2 for 2.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewalters1
I have noticed in my short time here on ats allot of hate from americans directed at the british.
Do most americans see the british as a weak spineless nation that can't do anything without american backing, be the backing financial or help to win wars.

You got the first part of your post right, "short time here"

Many of my friends here on ATS are from the UK. And I love talking with them in chat and on the phone.

Are you sure your not just trolling, because I thought the term was UK citizens. lol

Welcome to ATS we are all friends here, even when we debate issues.

Peace out,

RT

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

No! You cannot be nice about strongbow cider! It is sewage water! Bulmers (same company - better drink), or Magners (Irish) or many of the regional ciders... but I refuse to allow you to consider Strongbow a point in our favour.

whoa Hoss, well Georgia does not have the largest range of ciders and I do not drink beer I find it disgusting. Now if you know where I can purchase all the drinks you just mentioned I will highly enjoy trying them out. Also there are many wonderful things that have come out of Britain, to many to name, so please to not take offense since I did not name the all. My family traces its roots back to england. Our distant family still owns some manor over there where they hold a reunion ever year.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Heck no, we love the Brits as long as they get their teeth fixed and quit sucking the queens ass.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
No. I think it has more to do with Americans thinking they are superior to everyone else and in military firepower they probably are, but in little else. I like Americans, they are generally upbeat, generally polite, a bit more optimistic than most. But they have loud voices and big egos, which isn't all that bad. British can be equally loud but small minded and they winge a hell of a lot compared to Americans.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexorooter
Heck no, we love the Brits as long as they get their teeth fixed and quit sucking the queens ass.

Dude, half of us don't give a crap about the royals. Me and the wife have a bet on when the queen's gonna kick the bucket

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Sho-

Originally posted by rexorooter

Dude, half of us don't give a crap about the royals. Me and the wife have a bet on when the queen's gonna kick the bucket

Awesome.. i am glad to hear that. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shai hulud
reply to post by Wh00pS

My apologies. I personally believe if you guys had a 2nd amendment, you would not have near the draconian laws you have in place now. I read about some of the things that British citizens are forced to swallow and deal with and I can't help to think if they tried some of the same foolishness in some parts of my country, a good deal of statists would assume room temperature. Hopefully one day you guys will regain your gun rights.

I suppose I get used to living under the traditions of the Old Confederate culture in my part of the States. It's still like two different countries here in some places and we are working on three.

You are a little bit strange aren't you, and I don't mean that in a good way. Take care, I don't think you have any ideas about UK law but that's ok.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join