It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do most americans dislike the british??

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I was under the impression that most British people don't like Americans. Our media likes to push the belief that everyone hates us. Instead of making us strive to present a "better" image, I think this view makes Americans defensive, neurotic, and xenophobic because they think everyone is talking about how fat and stupid we are behind our backs.

As far as Americans hating the British, I don't see a lot of that. In fact, there are loads of anglophiles over here, because of the popular concept that British people are our posh cousins and because your T.V. is quite a bit better than ours.

I can't speak for all Americans, but I can say that I don't harbor any hatred for the British. I'm proud that you guys stayed out of the EU and didn't let your globalist appeasers run you into the ground. You are however, at the moment allowing the student protesters and conniving union leaders to run you guys into the ground. The end result of letting communists and progressives co-opt the process will either be the U.S.S.K or a second Commonwealth of England depending on whether or not the Windsors are publicly beheaded. The point I'm trying to make is that every country has problems and you shouldn't judge the country based on it's problems, but on it's virtues. I judge England based on their politeness, not allowing Chav gangsters to develop some disgusting cult of personality like the gangsters in the states, taking the piss out of EU, having great writers, comedians, and telly.
edit on 11-1-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stewalters1

This is coming from an american teen (only american by citizenship)...

Americans are arrogant! They hate dislike anyone who isnt american like them...but i still have yet to figure out why all the white kids (no racism intended) are so damn fascinated with Canada...probably that Justin Beaver person.

But anyways, not all americans dislike British people. I like the UK and Britain, without them, the US wouldnt even exist, sure it started out kinda rocky, but this nation owes its existance to England.

edit on 1/11/2011 by seagull because: Edited to remove censor circumvention, and derogatory terminology.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
oh come on, the American film industry has it in for us Brits.

Yeah we made James Bond look like a doofus in how many flicks?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudtobeEnglish

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

As a Proud Englishman/Brit, I can honestly say, having been all over America, I would rather holiday in Europe. I actually hated being in the US and surrounded by yanks. Yuck.

I hate you now, LMAO

kidding

But seriously, what did the Americans do that you found so distasteful?

The food was crap, the cities were bland, the people were annoying, the scenery was bland, the tv was #.

How annoying?

Give me an example.

what did they feed you?

You do realize we are multicultural, and if you had tried you could have found about any cuisine.

Were you in JAIL?

edit on 013131p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Incidentally, Newark is an anagram of our favourite British ''W'' word, that has been brought up on this thread a couple of times.

Completely off-topic and irrelevant, but I thought I'd point it out due to the synchronicity.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Double Post.

edit on 11-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
First define what or who is an American. We are so diverse, there really can't be an attitude about anything that we all adhere to. I used to think we were kind and helpful as a people to immigrants. Then I watched a documetary on three different people from other parts of the world and how Americans reacted to and treated them, turns out I don't live in America but la la land.

I personally think Brits are wonderful. Not to good with food,
, (Jamie Oliver excepted), but otherwise, great! Certainly glad to have you as allies. Winston Churchill rocked it during WWII. Thanks ever so for the Beatles and the Stones
. You have contributed much to our curlture and to the world! Can't cover it all here.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Iamschist because: k typos, am i the only one?

edit on 11-1-2011 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I grew up in canada but have live in the US now for 10 years, never really heard anyone mention the British one way or another...sorry. I think we like them tho !

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

See we Americans are more tolerant and lovable then any other culture on the planet.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistressSOPHIA
having been to britain, ireland and most of europe.. i can tell you that most britains are colder and more aloof than the rest of europe. in ireland it seemed like everyone wanted to talk to me. in europe, half were open to me. in britain, it was business or maybe 5% were freindly. that being said. i grew up loving british comedy and rock and roll.

it was when i really started to understand british imperialism in college that i got a bad taste for england. their holocaust in india angered me more than the us revolution and colonial occupation.

id say now that british PEOPLE for the most part are likeable, although a bit drab. but their global imperialist government, and parasitic banking system is truly something for all the world to despise

First off, we are "Britons", secondly, we are not "colder" or "more aloof" than anyone in Europe, if you really think that, spend some more time in France.

Secondly, you cannot seriously judge us on any "holocaust", your entire crappy nation was founded on the suffering and destruction of Native Americans. You killed more there than we ever did in any colony.

When you called us drab, I actually laughed. I mean really. You just stick to your fox news, tv dinners and manufactured music, and don't forget to take your medicines. Actually, the thought of an American lecturing on "global imperialist governments" and "parasitic banking system" is even funnier.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

we are one in the same.

Ehhh, America comprises of people from every corner of the globe.Africans,Asians,Polynesians,Europeans,even Americans (you know, the ones who were here before whitey came)

I think what you are inferring is that America is a white nation based almost entirely on Anglo-Saxon genetics and that Britain is the same.Stormfront much, do you?If this is roughly the assumption you are making, then you are wrong.Try reading up on genetics, especially the R1B haplogroup.

God Save the Queen / God Bless America

Sycophancy that would make Uriah Heep blush and me puke.

If there is a god (lol) he is doing a fine job of protecting Mrs. Coburg and her husband/cousin (incest is best) and obviously does not need to be reminded to do so.He has quite clearly cursed America.
edit on 11-1-2011 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudtobeEnglish

OOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Secondly, you cannot seriously judge us on any "holocaust", your entire crappy nation was founded on the suffering and destruction of Native Americans.

OH NO you don't, that was you guys, the Europeans invaded the Americas,

uh huh........

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

OOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Secondly, you cannot seriously judge us on any "holocaust", your entire crappy nation was founded on the suffering and destruction of Native Americans.

OH NO you don't, that was you guys, the Europeans invaded the Americas,

uh huh........

Never heard of the Westward Expansion then?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I am sorry buddy, but you are wrong,

So were you in Jail

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I LOVE the British

I spent an evening with a wonderful British family who opened their home to me and barely even knew me. It was wonderful.

I only had my time in the airport there as well but the people were very friendly...I knew I was back in America when at the airports they were rude and unhelpful. At Gatwick, everyone was so friendly even the TSA type people there. Security helped me with my internet troubles
So yeah no I am not one who hates the British.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I am sorry buddy, but you are wrong,

So were you in Jail

Being in jail would have been better than mixing with your population. At least I would have been left alone.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Indian Wars is the name used in the United States to describe a series of conflicts between White settlers or the federal government and the native peoples of North America. The wars were the result of the arrival of European colonizers who continuously expanded their territory pushing the indigenous populations westwards. The wars were spurred by ideologies such as Manifest Destiny, that held that Anglo-Saxon Europeans were destined to expand from coast to coast on the American continent, and which resulted in the policy of Indian removal by which Indigenous peoples were removed from the areas where Europeans were settling forcefully or by means of voluntary exchange of territory through treaties.

The wars were the result of the arrival of European colonizers who continuously expanded their territory pushing the indigenous populations westwards.
en.wikipedia.org...

Note the word European

Many cultures live here, I am surprised you didn't notice that.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Why do we have these threads?

They're pointless.

Some Americans are rude, obnoxious and ignorant.... much like people from EVERY single country on the planet.

People are people.... good and bad.

We may hate certain things about each others culture and country....but to paint such a broad stroke as to say "Do Brits hate Americans" or Vice-versa..... is crazy.

Some do some don't......

It's too broad a question.

Be more specific.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Being in jail would have been better than mixing with your population. At least I would have been left alone.

You may have been surprised.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I love the British, I mean I watch QI all the time.

Your comedy, not so much.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join