It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds Dying In Italy: Thousands Of Turtle Doves Fall Dead From Sky

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I know that I have constantly tried to be a voice of reason, but I have to add that a lot of this is mass media attention, and they are literally looking for events to report on at this point. Whether it is 5 birds or 5000 birds. It is newsworthy at this point.

It reminds me of the terrorist alert thing. When they would report every single day on a suspicious person pulled from a plane etc. Or more recently all the packages they have been focusing on. Then of course there was the Anthrax scare. I mean how many times do you remember hearing about white powdery substance has been found in this place, that place, over there. Oh it just turned out to be some BC Headache powder, or some chalk or cociane.

I think the best story I have seen so far on the whole thing was on Popular Science.www.popsci.com...

While I think there is something going on and I have a suspicion it might be due to BP or even just the extreme cold for the fish. The point is I think because this happened in a Suburban area the media has made it into a "media frenzy" and we are all being sucked up into it.

Something I have a hard time understanding is I have seen it posted time and time again that the mainstream media cannot be trusted to tell the truth. The problem I have with that is that we are hearing about it from the Mainstream media. All the independent articles are being pulled from the Mainstream media. So we can trust them to report the birds died, but we can't trust them to report honestly on why. If it was all a big coverup wouldn't it make more sense to just ignore the issue entirely?

I also read where someone said that the mainstream media wasn't reporting on this but I must say that I respectfully disagree. Here are some stories.

articles.cnn.com...:US
www.foxnews.com...
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
What caused that Hypoxia????

Can you answer that?

Maybe the birds were flying high when strong turbulent winds pushed them to higher altitudes where there is less oxygen which caused Hypoxia.....

That wasn't so hard was it?

I agree... and if we find that has been the case in each one that means odd things are afoot in the upper atmosphere where these birds are migrating....

That's all I'm saying... yes each one as an isolated incident is normal

But this number in such a small time is not normal... and would indicate that something... very rational.. but very odd is occuring in our atmosphere.

That avenue requires investigation, and that is NOT occurring yet... I believe whatever it is is rational... not some crazy thing... but very real and significant.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

I'm still waiting for a time span where there are 20 in 5 days

I have yet to see anything like that....

At that level we should have 1,040 a year... that's a far cry from that 163 number you quoted...

You make the craziest straw man arguments ever..... Do you even realize how illogical your logic is?

We are talking about random events here... not clockwork. There could be 20 in 5 days. Or 2 in 5 days. Or 100 in 5 days. It's random, NOT consistent clockwork.

It says 163 a year, IN THE USA ONLY. It doesn't say how many of those were recorded in a specific month, or week. I could be 20 in January, 50 in February, or 90 in the first 5 days of March.....

To say "at that level we should have 1,040 a year" is completely illogical. You are assuming it would be consistent, you are ignoring factors like the seasons, you are basing your number on a wild guess, and ignoring that we are talking about random events which are not guaranteed.

Also, a good majority of these events go unreported. We don't have 24/7 bird watch all over the globe. We try, but we don't...

Good grief! Do you understand gigantic flaw in your argument?
edit on 7-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by Movescamp

FACT CHECK: Mass bird, fish deaths occur regularly.

Stop bothering me with your rubbish now!

Who said mass animal deaths never occur?

Doesn't the article itself give reasonable enough explanations, or are you saying we should just stop talking about it?

It's not like it's taken from the 700 Club.

The obvious fact is that they do, and another fact is that there are all sorts of reasons behind them. Some of those reasons have proven to be potentially harmful to human beings (H1N1, West Nile Virus) and so getting to the heart of the issue is essential.

That's what rational people want to know.
"Why" are they dying?

For example, finding out why large numbers of bees are dying may be essential in saving the remaining population, as opposed to just saying "it happens, get over it" and watching a preventable ecological disaster take place right before our eyes.

It's a reasonable question to ask and talking about it keeps the issue in the forefront and thus, not easily ignored.

If people are saying "it's God's wrath and the world is ending" it'd be the unreasonable person that would try and debate such a point into the frustrated territories of a very angry place.

My advice would be for you to also calm down.

- Lee
edit on 7-1-2011 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Actually the posci article was the worst I saw.. because it mentioned 3 events... not the 20 that have occured.. but only 3 events...

It didn't mention hypoxia... it didn't mention that these are occuring within the migratory paths typically taken...

no.. it was a horrible piece of journalism
edit on 7-1-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Thank you...

Normal in isolated incidents is fine... what I want to know is WHY have so many happened in such a small span of time which is NOT a normal occurrence. Given the data I have seen thus far.

The average is 163 a year... at the rate we have seen them, the average woudl have to be 1040 a year...

I'm still wondering why.. for the same reasons you mentioned... because it behooves us to ask that question.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
DONT FORGET ALL THE DEAD BEES!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
And MSM is not covering it well or even cross referencing the events taking place.

You would think a reporter that wants to make a name for himself or herself, would collect all the articles, and then do an investigative inquiry.

Something stinks for sure.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Mysterious blue mark/stain on beaks??? Can someone tell our cloaked friends to move up in evelation 1 mile. That would help.

edit on 1/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

yeah .. before they were carefull not to hit a flying bird with their flying saucer ...
now all they do is flying into birds..killing millions .. illogical .. its not the aliens

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
That's what rational people want to know.
"Why" are they dying?

It has moved far beyond that now, if you haven't noticed.

The answers have been found in most of these cases by experts, and knowledgeable people, but the die-hards are ignoring the answers to their questions simply because they don't want believe it, or do any real research or critical thinking.

They continue to spread all these fears about super weapons and conspiracies even though the facts stare them right in the face. It has moved beyond trying to show them the evidence. It has moved to people having to showi them evidence of the evidence. It has moved to showing the evidence that the evidence is common... it's madness..

Then more mundane die-offs happen with mundane answers, and they automatically throw all the evidence out the window on the other events, and link them all together, and claim they are all related... and the cycle starts over again.. in an infinite loop.

Originally posted by lee anoma
My advice would be for you to also calm down.

I am calm. It's just the same few people who are really being closed minded and stubborn, and ignoring the enormous amounts of evidence that answer all their questions, and it's really getting old and annoying.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Triztheone
DONT FORGET ALL THE DEAD BEES!

Well said.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I live in a village in the North of Nottinghamshire, England. I haven't come across any dead birds around these parts yet. However, some weird stuff occurred last night. I have eight bird feeders in the garden, and there was a feeding frenzy in progress around 3.30pm (GMT) yesterday. Birds feeding like crazy! Also two squirrels came into the garden to feed. Last night the cat refused to go out, so I had to set up a litter tray in the bathroom for him. Also, when I took my two German Shepherds out for their last walk at 10.30pm (GMT), as soon as I reached the gate at the bottom of my driveway, they both dug in their paws and refused to move any further beyond the garden. So they made their way onto the back garden to do their buiness. There is some strange happening!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Does anyone know the average altitude the species that are affected fly at? If they all average around the same altitude when in flight then a list of species potentially affected could be identified and tracked. Also, a list of potential causes could be better pinpointed as well. For instance, I'd imagine only certain chemicals could be light enough to make it to the upper atmosphere, but I'm no expert so it's only a guess.

- Dredge

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Ok well apparently that was not the article I thought it was so I was apparently wrong on the article source. Well ok so I have lost the article I was trying to reference I thought it was Popular Science but you are correct that is a horrible article. I didn't re-read over it I thought it was the right one, so I just linked it form my history.

the one that I wanted to link had some good points.such as . If 5000 birds died over a forest area would we have evern noticed? That because this happened in a City it had created a media hype and that now anything from 5 birds to a couple dozen was being reported on by the media. It also pointed out that large fish kills happen all the time all over the world. It furthremore pointed out that there is a record on USGS of all the birds deaths over the last however many years and that there were 16 massive bird deaths reported on there all of which were over 1000 + birds.

The point is still the same when you are getting stories like Kentucky woman finds a dozen dead birds in her backyard, to dead birds found on Texas bridge (that just happened to happen all the time) It is a good sign the media is fishing for more and more to continue there train of media frenzy and fear mongering.

The rest of my point is still a valid argument.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have also noticed some changes this past week in my dog and two cats. My dog is never fretful, but several times she has displayed behavior indicating she is scared and upset for no obvious reason. My cats have been much more clingy and wanting of attention. None of them go outside for very long which is highly unusual.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Serenity08

YES YES my dog as well he has been acting very strange the past few weeks. I have never seen him act the way he has. Scared to the point of urinating he checked out at the vet no health problems that they can tell. I also have a friend who cat is acting in a similar way!?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I actually think that is a very good possibility. The only problem I have with that is that it is taking something it said itself have been happening over the last century. So why are there not thousands of dead birds every year? It has been moving probably since day one of the planet, but we only started recording that data about a century ago.

I don't know but I am not going to work myself up into a frenzy worrying over the end of the world. I think i will start to worry when it's more then 1% of the population

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It was the chinese lanterns.... with poison.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

reply to post by lee anoma

Thank you...

Normal in isolated incidents is fine... what I want to know is WHY have so many happened in such a small span of time which is NOT a normal occurrence. Given the data I have seen thus far.

The average is 163 a year... at the rate we have seen them, the average woudl have to be 1040 a year...

I'm still wondering why.. for the same reasons you mentioned... because it behooves us to ask that question.

That average is for The United States of America. If you are counting the events from other countries then of course the number would be higher since obviously Italy is not part of the USA. My thoughts on the animal deaths are that we should wait and see what the test results are from the autopsies. Just because I cant explain something does not mean there isn't a reasonable normal explanation for it.

And for everyone who is going to say that the test results are fake then we will never have a real answer. I might as well guess that Tom Hanks is hiring people to catch the fish and birds, knock them out for him and then he hires a pilot of a cargo plane to fly him over the areas and drop the animals. That's as plausible an explanation as the birds hitting alien ships or the newest piece of technology is doing this.

It seems like everyone on here is always so sure that its a conspiracy that most don't try to look for a normal explanation, because believe it or not the US government doesn't kill everything that dies on earth. Maybe the weather patterns are changing and the animals were not prepared for it?

If not then it was Tom hanks, In a air plane, with a hammer.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join