It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving Magnetic North Pole May be the Cause of Mysterious Bird, Fish & Crab Deaths

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Moving Magnetic North Pole May be the Cause of Mysterious Bird, Fish & Crab Deaths

www.t2conline.com

Considering southern migration patterns and environmental cues that wildlife take, it would stand to reason that with the Magnetic North Pole losing strength and moving over and across the True North Pole toward Russia, e.g. Away from the Southern United States in distance and strength, it would stand to reason that birds and fish may be confused as to their distance and direction from the locations they instinctively should be heading.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Finally!

Someone has put together an article cross reference the majority of these findings... (its still missing several), but it's asking very rational questions and providing very rational explanations for this UNCOMMON number of common occurrences.

So... when will CNN pick this up?

Your thoughts ATS?

www.t2conline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Your article clearly claims the cause of deaths is the cold, and or the weather.

A failure to interpret the location and distance of the Magnetic North Pole could clearly lead to a failure for birds and fish to properly migrate south in time to overt cold spells and eminent death.

Animals dying from the cold and or weather is normal.

Also, it is estimated that 1/4 of migratory birds never make it to their destination. I could imagine fish may be the same.

Yes, a change in Earths magnetic field could cause them to make a very slight error in their migration. However... it was such a small change that I don't really see it being a big deal. North is still North, South is still South... that is all I think birds really care about.

Personally, I think the climate is changing, and things are just a little bit colder than usual. There has been a lot of records set lately.
edit on 7-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Cold temps are not the ROOT cause.. .perform your root cause analysis and you get the trigger being the Pole Shift... which is not very common.. though natural.

I never said it wasn't a natural occurrence... but it aint fireworks and it aint bridges...

It's not simply a coincidence either...

edit on 7-1-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I've wondered this myself and it probably is a contributing factor in some of these deaths. I still can't explain why all these birds(usually of the same species), suddenly fall out of the sky, at the same time and the exact same location. I could understand if they froze or where dying off in strange locations. This does seem to be something we can't understand or explain. Sorry not fearmongering just saying we can't always explain everything and that makes us uncomfortable.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by willie9696

The same species would be due to the migratory path of each one... though in some instances, it has been many species which migrate together... thus the migration is the correlative factor.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Cold temps are not the ROOT cause.. .perform your root cause analysis and you get the trigger being the Pole Shift... which is not very common.. though natural.

"Pole Shift" is common, and has been happening at a steady rate. Your own source even mentions that:

Over the past century The Magnetic North Pole has been shifting toward Russia at a steady pace, in fact, at an average of 25 miles per year, an alarming rate considering how many systems are dependent on its location.

...that is the weakest link of this theory. Nothing changed drastically more than it has last year, or the year before, or the year before that.... It's all been changing at a constant rate. So the pole shift is normal.....

The actual cause of death in this pole shift theory would be the cold and or weather.

I never said it wasn't a natural occurrence... but it aint fireworks and it aint bridges...

Nope, it's cold weather according to your article.

It's not simply a coincidence either...

..and your proof for that statement is missing.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

According to the article the root cause is pole shift... which leads to confusion and flying into colder temps

Considering southern migration patterns and environmental cues that wildlife take, it would stand to reason that with the Magnetic North Pole losing strength and moving over and across the True North Pole toward Russia, e.g. Away from the Southern United States in distance and strength, it would stand to reason that birds and fish may be confused as to their distance and direction from the locations they instinctively should be heading. A failure to interpret the location and distance of the Magnetic North Pole could clearly lead to a failure for birds and fish to properly migrate south in time to overt cold spells and eminent death.

There ya go....

And though it's been steadily and slowly changing... it's now having negative effects on wildlife...

Finally an actual report on what could be happening instead of claiming fireworks and bridges!
edit on 7-1-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well we know they didn't fly into anything at all because the new reports are out now from the vets which prove there was no internal bleeding so that means the trauma was due to their fall which is what I said from the beginning but people never listen. I personally believe the magnetic field does have something to do with it. As for the cold temps, I hate to say it but once again that's a lie by the media, because the birds that dies, have been known to be in Maine even in cold temps, and snow. Not as many as died, but still there are some that winter over in the state of Maine, and they survive through 40 below weather. As for the fireworks, the birds didn't die until the following day after the fire works, so how did the fire works effect them??? The media and government enjoy thinking all of us are stupid and will believe any bunch of bull they say. I believe maybe the pole shift does have something to do with it along with the magnetic field.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Of course but it still doesn't explain why all these birds are dropping out of the sky and suddenly, and most of them have blunt force trauma like injuries. Now the fall I guess could cause this but why did they fall in the first place. Some of these flocks are huge I know, so it's a relatively small percentage, but if 5000 people in a small city of a hundred thousand suddenly fell dead(for no apparent reason) would this be cause for concern? I'm being facetious and maybe a little extreme but it does seem to be happening with a little more regularity(the bird and fish die offs).

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The only issue I have with the pole shift theory is that the shift is gradual and the birds are fully capable of making gradual adjustments. What stands out to me is the early and hard hitting winter weather that much of the northern hemisphere has seen this season. It seems more likely that these animals got caught up in the early winter weather before they could complete their migration from their summer grounds to their winter grounds.

I think another important point (with the birds anyway) is that they were discovered with no food in their stomach. No food = no energy. No energy = difficulties fighting off the elements of nature. I wonder, has anyone looked into the reasoning for the empty stomachs? Perhaps the summer lasted longer this year in their northern summer breeding grounds, thus enticing the birds to stay longer, and by the time they began to migrate southward their food source was absent (i.e. grains already harvested). Another idea on the empty stomachs is Monsanto. Monsanto crops may have caused insect populations to decline, thus removing an important element of many bird diets.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You obviously don't get it.....

According to your article... the birds died from the cold and or other weather phenomena.

They theorize it was because they got lost... They theorize they got lost because of the change in the magnetic field.

That theory breaks apart when you understand that the magnetic field didn't make a sudden drastic change over night. It has been changing the same rate for years.

It is common for birds to get lost and not find their way and die in cold weather......

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by willie9696

Of course but it still doesn't explain why all these birds are dropping out of the sky and suddenly, and most of them have blunt force trauma like injuries. Now the fall I guess could cause this but why did they fall in the first place. Some of these flocks are huge I know, so it's a relatively small percentage, but if 5000 people in a small city of a hundred thousand suddenly fell dead(for no apparent reason) would this be cause for concern? I'm being facetious and maybe a little extreme but it does seem to be happening with a little more regularity(the bird and fish die offs).

2 years ago ATS had bird kills on here and people laughed it off, it happened in New York city hundreds of birds started dropping dead, then it happened in North Carolina, and other states. Well the next thing we all knew was the government said they all died to Ecoli in the seeds.People world wide believed the crap and now once again strange deaths of birds, and at first it was due to the weather, then fireworks, and next they will probably say that the people are eating to many beans, and that the gas from the humans is why the birds all died. I bet 10 to 1 that many would believe it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
The only issue I have with the pole shift theory is that the shift is gradual and the birds are fully capable of making gradual adjustments. What stands out to me is the early and hard hitting winter weather that much of the northern hemisphere has seen this season. It seems more likely that these animals got caught up in the early winter weather before they could complete their migration from their summer grounds to their winter grounds.

I think another important point (with the birds anyway) is that they were discovered with no food in their stomach. No food = no energy. No energy = difficulties fighting off the elements of nature. I wonder, has anyone looked into the reasoning for the empty stomachs? Perhaps the summer lasted longer this year in their northern summer breeding grounds, thus enticing the birds to stay longer, and by the time they began to migrate southward their food source was absent (i.e. grains already harvested). Another idea on the empty stomachs is Monsanto. Monsanto crops may have caused insect populations to decline, thus removing an important element of many bird diets.

You bring up a really good point about food... do you have a link to support the "no food in belly" theory?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

You obviously don't get it.....

According to your article... the birds died from the cold and or other weather phenomena.

Read this quote... it says the cause was the pole shift, which caused them to fly into colder than normal temperatures which caused them to die.

Root cause analysis is key in forensics.

A failure to interpret the location and distance of the Magnetic North Pole could clearly lead

First.. this clearly leads... not my words.. theirs

to a failure for birds and fish to properly migrate south in time to overt cold spells and eminent death.

I perform forensics for a living.. so this is old hat to me... it appears that you are the one who doesn't understand root cause analysis.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Wildl ife Officials: Blackbirds that fell from the sky in Arkansas died from massive trauma

The gizzards and stomachs of the birds were empty.

I think the stomach were empty in Sweden too, but I may be mistaken. There are theories going around that in Sweden, the constant snow cover over the past few days was preventing them from finding food, and they might have gotten weak and died some how.

However, I am not sure how so many birds would die that way at the same time.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You bring up a really good point about food... do you have a link to support the "no food in belly" theory?

Here is the first reference I found; although I have read this in several other articles. I will look more, but here is confirmation, on some level.

We’ve already ruled it out for the fish, but what about the birds? Actually, that’s a negative too. The birds’ stomachs were empty.

www.newsupdatez.com...

Another source: news.yahoo.com...

UPDATE: A state veterinarian tells NBC that preliminary necropsy results from several birds show that they died of "multiple blunt trauma to their vital organs," though what caused the trauma remains uncertain. According to Dr. George Badley, their stomachs were empty, so they weren't poisoned, and they died in midair, not upon impact with the ground.

One more for good measure: www.nbc12.com...

The birds were "normal," with empty gizzards and stomachs, indicating that poisoning was not likely.

edit on 7-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Investigation huh? Normally in an investigation you figure out the actual cause of death, THEN you investigate the root cause of death.

According to all your other posts in all the other topics, you were debating the actual cause of death.....

Now you are ignoring the actual cause of death, and trying to move ahead to find the root cause of death which is still speculation since you don't even know the actual cause of death...

How on Earth do you find a root cause of death, if you don't even know the actual cause of death?

Of forget it....

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

So what would cause the empty stomachs? I heard reports from other ATS'rs that said they saw feeding frenzies in the UK recently....

Is this simply scarcity of food? Or is it something which has reduced their desire to eat, like a pneumonia would to a human?

I think this deserves looking into.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join