It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

So after a 10" post rant the answer is you know nothing about what may or may not happen during a flip.??
You are simply assuming and giving an uneducated opinion..

You and Weedwhacker will get on well..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Chadwickus

This has absolutely nothing to do with these animal die offs, the magnetic pole is constantly changing, even moving around 80kms in a day.

You believe science too much. Science is in its infancy.

edit on 6-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

You may science is in it's infancy, however we have spent millenia making assumptions. I'm going with the science on this one, assumption is a volatile flaw.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

great post.I agree
is that new data?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcoming

Today I was walking around on the campus I'm working, and guess what?! There where a lot of students talking about the ufo's they are seeing, the 2012 prophecy and the things I am reading here on this forum. We carry a lot of christian students also, I was wondering if it is fear to give them a change to talk about this experience in maybe an education way., for example a Guest College or a class debate. We also have a note on this school that moslim-students ca get a day off on Ramadan.

What do you think about it?

I've got Wubbo Ockels maybe on a Guest college next week.
Love to hear your feedback!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxTork

Wow, that is some great info and certainly puts my mind at ease regarding this event since I live in Tampa, Your post was cogent, logical and easy to understand for a layman as myself. It is both threads like this by HA and contributions like yours that keep me coming back. My recently passed father was in FAA as ATC for 30 years and a navigator in Navy before that. I felt despair in not having the benefit of his expertise to explain this to me. You certainly did and I applaud your sharing of expertise and appreciate the time you devoted to this.

This thread has been informative on many levels and like many on ATS requires discernment to sift through the hysteria and hyperbole. Once again, well documented cases / sources were presented on both sides.

@ Human Alien. Despair not. Your are curious and on the right path. Continue to seek the signs and question everything, especially the media and authority because of their agenda and motivation. I'll leave you with a a couple of my favorite quotes by Ralph Waldo Emerson:

“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.”

"The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority."

edit on 7-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: typos add content

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Maybe because non of us were there 700,000 years ago on Earth, no pictures or videos. But I believe it.

As I have already said....twice....our ancestors (one of the homos, think it was erectus) was alive during that period, had the pole shift had such dire consequences and killed everyone, we wouldn't be here today!

EDIT: Sorry Trueman, I've just woke up, I misread what you were trying to say, my bad, lol.
edit on 7/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I'm still not understanding how this affected just one airport. I read someone's earlier post that stated other airports have 'allowed' for such an occurrence? How does that work I wonder? Are their runways on a mechanical conveyor belt and they just push a button to adjust, when needed?
edit on 6-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: grammar

edit on 6-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: I can't SPELL!!!!

I don't know where you got the idea that it only affects one airport in the world. OK, go back to trigonometry class. You did take trig in school, right? You know, the class that got you partly ready for calculus. Most trig is based on Euclidean plane geometry. To understand this topic, though, we need to use a little spherical trig. The type where the three angles in a triangle might not add up to 180 degrees.
The points of a.)the true north pole; b.) the magnetic north pole; and, c.) the airport in question form a triangle. In the case of Tampa, the side of the triangle from Tampa to the true north pole is 3748.78 miles long. distancebetween.net... We're talking about a movement of 40 miles from true north pole to magnetic north pole, so that is the distance of a second side. Now remember, your trig teacher said that if you know 2 sides and an angle, you can find the other angles by using the correct trig functions? Well, the angle at Tampa formed by the lines that go from there to the true north pole and from there to magnetic north, is .58 degrees. So, by having the MNP move 40 miles, the heading of the runway, which obviously cant move to correct it, is off by .58 more degrees than it already was, which was about 4 degrees.
OK, let's pick another airport, Say Anchorage, Alaska. The long side of the triangle is now 1122 miles, which changes the acute angle to 2.04 degrees. But because of the directions of the runways there, the change actually brings the precise heading closer to the designated name.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

I appreciate your opinion, conjecture and time spent explaining!

You're a good soul with different ideologies, a little more hopeful and a lot more trusting so.... I'm left to admire that persona!

See ya around!
Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

And the pole moving 40 miles a year is gradual..?? That sounds like alot... As soon as thev seas dry up im driving to Africa! OH!!! Or Nazca!! Definitely safe.!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AERO_VISIONS

Thanks for your understanding and kind words.

I appreciate we all have different angles, opinions and approaches in life but at the same time, it is very frustrating that we can't seem to agree on the smallest of issues at times.

Oh well. Wasn't the ephemeral plan I s'pose
(Besides, ATS would be outta business if that were the case, huh?
)

Thanks m'friend

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This is scary stuff and really makes me wonder how much they know that they ARENT telling us !
Reminds me of that very scary film (if it were in real life it would be horrendous!) "The Core"....anyone seen it ?
Thats when the Earths Core stops spinning and has to be restarted again after.........."people" just drop dead in the streets. Real scary stuff.....thing is we dont know how much of this sort of thing is guesswork and how much is based on fact, but has similarities to the birds dropping out of sky and millions of fish dying etc.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
A reminder may be in need that we are co-creators.

What we think....we create.

LV

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gilbo303

Originally posted by Chadwickus

This has absolutely nothing to do with these animal die offs, the magnetic pole is constantly changing, even moving around 80kms in a day.

You believe science too much. Science is in its infancy.

edit on 6-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

You may science is in it's infancy, however we have spent millenia making assumptions. I'm going with the science on this one, assumption is a volatile flaw.

We're all entitled to choices (so far until further notice....) and for me personally? I would trust the opinion of an Elder or Shaman or even a seasoned fisherman about the current state of our Planet way before I would a academia-droid whose only learning from what he's reading (opposed to experiencing) and whose student-loan debt will likely exceed his life span!

Call me crazy

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
reply to post by Human_Alien

Years ago I read a book called The Hab Theory, based on a real theory of pole shift and the tumultuous consequences. It also explained the ancient mysteries about previous civilizations with incredible technology that our governments today seem to ignore, The poles shifted due to overloading of the poles with ice off axis and eventually causing the poles to shift to different locations on the planet and explaining such things as mastodons with flowers in their mouths frozen solid extremely rapidly. So..... maybe global warming is actually a conspiracy to warm the planet and prevent ice from building up to avoid pole shift cataclysm and changes for the powers that be, but has gotten out of hand and may end up in altering our planet a different way that will also harm civilization? It's a great book if you can find it. And there are websites about the book and the actual theory behind it, most of which is well known to many of us here.

Don't think for a moment I haven't thought that.
Interesting huh? It helps explain (in my raging mind) what's behind some of the chemtrailing too (that word seems to give immediate notice to Weed, so let me just say "hi" to him now.....)

Our government ain't ignoring anything. Don't give them that much credit.
Those in the Know, know. Others;on a need-to-know-basis. Most, haven't a clue.

Seeing you give me a nice segue, let me share this with my kindred spirited friends which I snagged off another forum:

The Pleiadians claim we lost our memories on a global scale every time the earth shifted.
This is why we basically went from high civilization at Atlantis, back to cavemen (at least the ones that survived), and had to start over again.

And before that, Lemuria or Mu.

And there were many civilizations before that. Each shift, we lose our memories.

The shifts are happening because we have been knocked into an elliptical rotation long ago by the destruction of the once nearby planet of Maldek (Asteroid Belt)

2012 is about the Earth returning to its proper rotation and alignment. This is the last shift we have to go through.

you sure spout off a bunch of maybe/ maybe not, as facts,,you might like to come off your high horse.
like maybe a new mankind was created after each shift
like 2012 might have no result at all.
Everybody likes to align with enlightenment, the cult of personality. The in the know crowd. Interesting thread and hat off to you for your page count and maybe one day you win the WATS count but lets not forget, all of us are full of $hit here. Since your typin the most here maybe you're a little fuller that the rest.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Does that mean that if my satellite dish point at an azimuth of 200 degrees that that would now change if a shift took place even though my signal was not affected?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mike184ever

Intelligence is Complicated/Expensive = Cryogenics, Biochemistry, Thermodynamics, Nuclear physics, Paleontology etc

Knowledge is Simple/Free = Earth, Fire, Water, Metal and Wood etc.

We all have choices so......

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by indunedain
Thanks for the welcoming

Today I was walking around on the campus I'm working, and guess what?! There where a lot of students talking about the ufo's they are seeing, the 2012 prophecy and the things I am reading here on this forum. We carry a lot of christian students also, I was wondering if it is fear to give them a change to talk about this experience in maybe an education way., for example a Guest College or a class debate. We also have a note on this school that moslim-students ca get a day off on Ramadan.

What do you think about it?

I've got Wubbo Ockels maybe on a Guest college next week.
Love to hear your feedback!

Hi and welcome!!!

Yes I agree. There's a LOT of awakening going on thanks in part to Hollywood and MSM. They are flinging so much fear out there ----getting many people in a frenzy--- only to chime in once a week to indirectly imply, we're being woo-woo conspiracy theorists.

I have to think they are getting a large kick-back from Big Pharma because I suspect anti-depressants are at an all time high right about now.

Thanks for sharing your experience

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
A reminder may be in need that we are co-creators.

What we think....we create.

LV

Abso-friggin-lutely!

So it makes you wonder if there's a global attempt to funnel, alter, direct our thoughts.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Yes I would certainly agree with your statement that you are an infant. Care to comment on your explanation of how gravity is caused by the core of a planet, and how the moon doesn't have gravity because it has no core? Multiple people obliterated those statements right after they were made and you just ignored it all and kept going.

I know this was personal and I know it was a low blow but I just get so sick and tired of watching you admit that you post things without reading it first, without verifying any facts or validity, and then asking the rest of the community to do it for you. Most likely because you are too busy starting another ridiculous thread.

Now I got that off my chest I feel a lot better and most likely will not throw any more insults your way because I know it doesn't accomplish anything. What ever you want to respond with I deserve it so don't show me any quarter I am a big boy.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

If I knew what:

.... so don't show me any quarter I am a big boy

meant.....I would probably attempt to address some of your personal concerns with me.
But seeing I don't even understand your language (not to mention your point) you're just not worth my effort.

Have a great day and remember: everything is OKAY

See ya on the flip-side!

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join