It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

dont exactly fit with the hollow earth theory does it....yeah, I struggle with that one too

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

Publishing it on record for documentation sake is one thing. When I take a book out of the library it's documented. Good gawd.

But calling the newspapers to alert them of their doings is a whole other thing m'friend (unless there are Pole-Shifting detectives on the prowl looking for proof)

So please don't play with me, I'm not in a mood

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Human_Alien,

According to that FOX news article, the runways were changed to "19R/1L on aviation charts. It had been 18R/36L". This is a small incremental change (10 degrees) like I previously mentioned. This is what I would consider "normal" for a runway heading change. In the coming days, look for other airport runway heading changes.
If this happens, and the increments are large (greater than say 20 degrees) then you may have something. Otherwise, it is just an ever changing planet....

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Let me say this again. Okay. I believe this is usually a routine adjustment and done periodically. But we all have to admit, the timing of this leaves a lot to be desired.

The people running this planet already KNOW there's a steady chaotic vibration going on world-wide about the extreme weather (explained as a natural cycle) ......the uncertainty and nervousness involving Dec 21, 2012 (explained as total hype)...........the recent Gulf of Mexico leak (explained as everything is OKAY)............and now the millions of dead animals (explained as fireworks, cold water, hot water and natural process of things)

So in light of the 'awe and shock' of current events, do you really think this news was necessary to share (or behoove) the panicky people on this planet?

I have fallen victim to their whole plan it looks like. They WANTED people like me to keep the momentum going. Sharing the confusion, keeping rumors circulating etc. What an idiot I've been

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Ill say it again, just relax brother.

"My Truth" as you put it, is not a beleif, it's a FACT - we as a race have observed, through SCIENCE, similar circumstances in the "recent" and not so "recent" past and have deduced collectively as a race, that the changing of the magnetic (not the true) polar regions is as natural as the changing of the weather and nothing to be worried about - nuff said.

I'm not shouting you down or anything - but scientific fact is what i work on and if you truly want to keep this "scientific" - It would be a good idea to first research. (go to your library or university, some place that esoteric knowledge is passed on, on a public level - to gain the understanding that those in that field have)

This topic isnt new and has been discussed at length

The reason no one is worried about a polar shift is because its happened before and will happen again and nothing . . . no apocalypse...

For a massive change to be catalysed, to PHYSICALLY flip the poles - would require an object with a similar mass/density as planet earth, to collide with planet earth - the impact would be catastrophic and all life on earth would be changed. But hey, it CAN HAPPEN! likelihood.... LOW.

one more thing to remember is that "quickly" in context of a planetary life cycle, equates to tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years; the poles will shift my friend and they may even SWAP! (unlikely, though is scietifically possible, depends on several things, such as flow of the core of the earth - or reversal [potentially could occur], which affects the "magnetosphere" which protects us from solar radiation). So when you read some one say "sudden" polar shift, are they reffering to a day, week, month?? or hundreds if not thousands of years.

Here's the nitty girrty. We're all going to DIE.

who cares how we go, just enjoy your time here and try and learn as much as possible!

Peace bra!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Human_Alien,

I would say you are a keen observer, like many people on ATS.
All observation results in info sharing and conjecture. Keep up the
observation. We all know that even the most paranoid didn't fully foresee
the boxing day earthquake. We all know what a catastrophe that was.
Another is always on the horizon, but what will it be? Until then, enjoy....

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Wait wait wait - this is old news - from December 2009!!!

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Good day.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

The reason no one is worried about a polar shift is because its happened before and will happen again and nothing . . . no apocalypse...

So I'm assuming you can tell us all what may happen if the magnetic poles flip..
The last one was over 700000 years ago..

Was life affected?
Weather, land, tides, earth's core, what.?????

I await your factual reply..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

So you think we are going to experience something similar to that again, within our lifetime?

On what basis? Understandably, our earth being dynamic and working in observable patterns, this flip will probably occur again - but how long is the cycle.

But when.

The burden of proof is not on me, it is on the person purporting a fantastic notion.

No scientist (nor me, and i am a psychologst, not a scientist) is going to tell you its never going to happen - it will happen - but when, is the question on everyones lips - and that, no one knows.

I won't waste time worrying about something completely out of my control, let's face it, this planet and whatever it is doing or will do, is completely out of EVERYONE's control - which is what a fair amount of ATS members should pick up.

Awareness of cataclysmic events does not necessarily bring preparedness, but can adversly affect people's perceptions, be that morality, socially and spiritually.

As i said in my last post, were all going to die. But why think about death before it happens. You cannot live a life when constantly opening yourself up to negatives.

hence

akuna matata - jumbo jumbo - live happy

happy go lucky.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic

So you think we are going to experience something similar to that again, within our lifetime?

On what basis? Understandably, our earth being dynamic and working in observable patterns, this flip will probably occur again - but how long is the cycle.

But when.

The burden of proof is not on me, it is on the person purporting a fantastic notion.

No scientist (nor me, and i am a psychologst, not a scientist) is going to tell you its never going to happen - it will happen - but when, is the question on everyones lips - and that, no one knows.

I won't waste time worrying about something completely out of my control, let's face it, this planet and whatever it is doing or will do, is completely out of EVERYONE's control - which is what a fair amount of ATS members should pick up.

Awareness of cataclysmic events does not necessarily bring preparedness, but can adversly affect people's perceptions, be that morality, socially and spiritually.

As i said in my last post, were all going to die. But why think about death before it happens. You cannot live a life when constantly opening yourself up to negatives.

hence

happy go lucky.

I didn't say it would happen again but YOU said this,

It was YOU that said it has happened before 'and will happen again and nothing . . . no apocalypse"...

I merely questioned how you knew and WHAT happened 780000 years ago during the last flip...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
What a lot of people don't realise is that these shifts happen often (in earths history), the last one was about 700,000 years ago

Maybe because non of us were there 700,000 years ago on Earth, no pictures or videos. But I believe it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Fact = peer assessed and agreed point of information

Truth = actual occurrance (though at the moment, authority is truth)

They are not the same. So as i said, i will vomit "facts" but i will not pass it off ass truth. Believe what you want, but im happy to share my views with you here.

So these "FACTS" that i have given to you, that i learned are AGREED.. by whom?? maybe the scientific and educational communities (though what is their true motivation).. whether or not this is the TRUTH is another thing entirely.

in direct response to "was life affected" - who knows, none of us were around when the this occured. But as you said, we have a record that states a shift occured. This is an observable fact, so i put it to you, that should you want to know more about this, head to an archeological/geographical source and discover what nature of fauna existed in that time and whether on not any major migrations occurred and whether or not this was due to a climatic change etcetcetc.

However mass migrations occured near and on all of the major landmasses and all throughout time, as can be seen in archeological/historical records - these show that animals non-native to the specific region at that time, had moved or moved through that region in large numbers. What made them do it? Who knows, there are thousands of possibilities, however the most likely ones which drive creatures to new pastures are: lack of food, lack of space, lack of comfortable environment (i.e. Weather pattern changes which changed the natural habitat of the creatiure resulting in one or many of the above mentioned occurring.)

Im not a scientist, but i have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of chemistry, physics and Geology - by no means an expert by any stretch, but know enough to become involved in a conversation such as this.

Effects of the earths magnetic poles actually shifting would (im assuming here) cause a polarity of what is occuring naturally in the world today, where the poles are currently situated.

i would also ASSUME that if this was the case and the poles flipped, birds would migrate opposite, or relatively speaking "opposite" to where they used to. so instead of flying south for the winter, they would fly north visa versa. Sun would set in the east a nd set in the west... toilet water would go in the opposite direction depending on your location hemispherically.

Weather patterns change, oceanic currents change temperature and direction - affecting all forms of life in the ocean, people and animals migrate to accommodate that new environmental condition, same as with fish and any other organism on this planet that has a will to live..

again, the words "sudden change" could mean an expedited shift, cutting down from hundreds of thousands, to tens of thousands?? who knows?

Does the document you read that off give any further information into that occurrance?

edit on 7-1-2011 by FeralMonkeyMagic because: spelling errors

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

But when.

hence

happy go lucky.

I didn't say it would happen again but YOU said this,

It was YOU that said it has happened before 'and will happen again and nothing . . . no apocalypse"...

I merely questioned how you knew and WHAT happened 780000 years ago during the last flip...

how do we know there was no apocalypse?

life continued on earth.. and then we arrived...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Hi All,

I've been an avid reader of ATS for quite a while now, visiting once daily in my news gathering. I've posted perhaps once previously. This thread is a topic on which I am well versed, having been a professional pilot for 25 years.

Weedwacker and some of the other pilots have it absolutely correct. The re-designation of a runway is neither an astounding event nor one that is particularly newsworthy. In my moderately long career, I have known several airports to undertake this. Infrequent? yes. The sign of global doom? no.

The FAA publishes instrument approach procedures for all airports in the United States every 8 weeks (56 days) in a publication called the Terminal Procedures Publication (tpp). This booklet contains approaches, departures and airport diagrams for these airports.

This link shows the airport diagram for Tampa International (TPA) from the current tpp, effective from 16 Dec to 13 Jan.

TPA Airport Diagram (eff 16Dec to 13 Jan)

There are several points of interest on this diagram.

Firstly, notice that all of the runways have a two-digit number at the end of them. These numbers roughly correspond to the magnetic bearing of the runway. I say roughly because the actual magnetic bearing is either rounded up or down and the last digit dropped.

For example, in the case of runway 18R at Tampa International the actual magnetic bearing could be anywhere between 175.1 degrees and 184.9 degrees and still be named runway 18. You can see that the actual error between runway number and actual magnetic bearing of the runway can be nearly as high as 5 degrees.

As Weedwacker pointed out, the runway number is really only way for the pilot to visualize how the reported wind (also in magnetic degrees) will effect his/her approach. The ideal wind is a direct headwind.

Secondly, on this diagram, notice the 186.5 degree notation near runway 18R. That is the actual magnetic bearing of the runway. This publication was released on 16 Dec with the cutoff date for updates six weeks prior. This means that the actual bearing of the runway was 186.5 degrees at least as early as early November, long before any birds or fish died.

Thirdly, notice the two arrows on the top center of the diagram that show the magnetic declination of 4.8 degrees between magnetic and true north. With it is a little notation that reads "annual rate of change .1 degree W. Since the runway bearing is 186.5 degrees and the threshold for rounding up or down is 185 degrees and the bearing changed .1 degree per year, it has been 15 years since Tampa's runway 18R should have been numbered 19R. Tampa was simply procrastinating.

In reality, the runway number has nothing to do with flying the approach to that runway anyway. I don't have a printout of the ILS Runway 18R at TPA, but I would guess that the inbound course is 187 degrees anyway. It is common for the ILS to be offset several degrees from the runway.

This link is the same diagram from the upcoming release of the new tpp, efffective on 13 Jan:

TPA Airport Diagram (eff 13 Jan to 10 Feb)

This shows the runways renumbered with the new numbers. Runway 18R is now 19R. The cutoff date for this publication was 6 weeks prior to the release date, so 1 Dec. Planning for the runway re-numbering had to have been at least before this date. But I think I've shown that it was sometime in the last fifteen years.

The first page of this link shows the cutoff date for a 13 Jan publication:

A/FD excerpt

The open date for the "new" Tampa runway coincides with the publication of the new Terminal Procedures Publication and nothing more.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, Human-Alien. I just don't think you have anything to tie Tampa to the birds and fish. Now, the choice for the main stream media to report on this at a suggestive time, is perhaps a thread of merit. There may be diversion there.

Because I am a pilot, I am by nature pragmatic and practical, given more to science than fantasy. My initial response to the posts in this thread was admittedly not unlike Weeds: utter amazement that an ordinary and explainable event could spark such hysteria.

I took a deep breath and read through the whole thread, two hours worth.

I'm a bit odd in that I can see topics from both sides and can easily waver like an alternating current from positive to negative. I appreciate your open-mindedness and I also have the ability to obliterate the box. I just caution in the words of someone's grandmother, "have an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out".

I don't mean that as an insult. It's just an observation that these doom and gloom threads here on ATS are often searching for the means to the "known" end. The Mayan calendar gives us a drop-dead date in 2012, so many are trying to divine the beginning of that end. We still have to verify our info, use the smell test, the BS meter, Occam's razor, ask an expert, etc.

Chad gave us an interesting picture of how the magnetic pole has moved over the past 2,000 years or so. It's moved a substantial amount in that time. Is the current movement rate unusual? I don't know. Is it the sign of impending doom? I don't know. I know it has nothing special to do with Tampa, though.

The earth is an incredibly complicated physics equation of a multi-stage gyroscope. We have no real expectation that it should be stable or unstable. It is simply not known what it has done, what it is doing now and what it will do in the future. Catastrophes are inevitable, with or without the Mayans.

I am concerned about the massive fish and bird kills this winter, though. I have no idea whether a magnetic anomaly could have caused such a thing. I'm personally wondering if the BP Oil spill and the toxins used to clean it up could have something to do with the fish at least; poisoning the gulfstream.

Does our government lie to us? Absolutely. Are you justified in being skeptical about everything today? Absolutely. Is there something foul afoot in the world today? Probably.

Like I said, I appreciate your enthusiasm.

It's ironic, but I learn more from people who are most unlike me. In a group of like-minded individuals all we tend to do is congratulate and support each other. It takes real dissention to focus and refine our ideas. I enjoyed reading this thread and the insights into the minds of others. There are real nuggets of wisdom hidden even in a mistaken premise.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxTork

There are real nuggets of wisdom hidden even in a mistaken premise.

Strange quote in a thread that's talking about pole shift..

So spread your "correct" premise of what a pole shift may induce..
Or the true cause of the animal die offs...

Maybe you can tell us how and why the poles shift..

I await your insight..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I could kiss you

thanks for keeping it simple..

I tried to point this out earlier in the thread...no one heard.

hope you have better luck

R

edit on 7-1-2011 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

No, the thread was attributing the renumbering of Tampa's runways to a magnetic pole shift, which then killed the birds and fish: a mistaken premise. Whether or not an unusual magnetic pole shift is taking place, and that could have something to do with the dead birds and fish has nothing to do with Tampa: a mistaken premise.

I'm not saying that the pole may not shift. I've read hundreds of things on this very topic and am keenly interested in it but I cannot comment one way or the other on it, because I'm not an expert. Aviation, though, I can speak quite authoritatively about that.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

Great..So 99% of the population may have been wiped out for all you know, but that's not an apocalypse because man survived.??

Not exactly a great understanding or factual description of the event..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxTork

No, the thread was attributing the renumbering of Tampa's runways to a magnetic pole shift, which then killed the birds and fish: a mistaken premise. Whether or not an unusual magnetic pole shift is taking place, and that could have something to do with the dead birds and fish has nothing to do with Tampa: a mistaken premise.

Another strange quote...
You just contridicted yourself about the "mistaken premise"..
Odd..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I'm not a scientist but I remember when they were setting up the Hadron Collider that people were saying this would have cataclysmic results on the earth and they shouldn't mess with something they know so little about. Anyone with any science knowhow think this could be the cause of all this?

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join