It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

As far as i know satellite tv dishes are set up based on settings of elevation,scew and a magnetic compass direction. You can get these off the receiver by inputing you zip. Example where i live my settings should be elevation 49 scew 65 and compass direction of 200 degrees. If there was a shift of say 5 degrees my signal would not be affected. However when the installer arrived at my neighbors install sat tv the correct direction would be 195 or 205 depending on the direction of the shift. so that would give anyone with a dish and a compass a way to check and see if this shift is taking place. to a seasoned installer even a couple degrees off would be noticed eventually.

Recap Your signal would not change only the compass reading taken standing behind the dish alighning the compass with the signal path.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes, I looked up both North and South Atlantic Anomalies. Very interesting. Not sure where (or if) this has any bearing on things but hey, everything is fair game.

And I also agree with Birds post about Chicken Little. I starred it too!

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
In any event....no, the SAA hasn't anything to do with the location of the Earth's magnetic poles. It's partly related to the overall field strength variations.

Ah well... but if the poles shift then it is likely that the location of the SSA may also shift as a result. May mean more radiation for those living under it
... but then I guess Van Allen Belt radiation is harmless enough, seeing those Apollonots when through it okay.
Mind you that doesn't account for long term exposure

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

No my man thank YOU for sharing. All of mankind is better because of your infinite knowledge. You might just be our salvation. The phrase "you are in a league of your own" was invented with you in mind. Amazing.

Originally posted by Human_Alien
The core is pivotal to everything. The core is what science thinks is gravity. The core is what's keeping us earthbound and animals on track. Not gravity.
That's why you can't stand on the Moon. There's no core (most likely artificial). It's not that it lacks gravity. And as soon as we ALL figure that out, the sooner we can graduate from this galactic kindergarten classroom.

I will brooch on this though (but don't want to get too off-topic)

You believe our gravity comes from the Moon, correct?
Why don't we fall off with every lunar eclipse? Simple question should garner a simple answer. Go!

Furthermore, not every planet has a moon (regardless that ours is probably artificial).
So in (your) theory Life does not.... can not nor will ever exist on say..........Venus.

You sir can't be more incorrect.

"Facts" are the SAME as opinions.
Give me one "fact" and I'll tear it apart.

edit on 1/7/2011 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
I don't dispute the truth of the gradually shifting magnetic poles, but I don't see airports doing this all across the country or world...so I am leery.

I'll S&F ya nonetheless, thanks for the post!

We are near to the 29th parallel North and this lines up with the GAZA PLATEAU... This could be why we are affected first? Maybe thats what the Pyramids really are about? Has anyone checked to see if there's an airport in egypt doing the same?
Of course this is just a theory.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeStanger
This got me thinking, maybe the Chemtrails are there to protect us from the space radiation and compensate for the weaker magnetic field of the earth. The government might know that there will be a change in the magnetic field and is trying to minimize the impact, maybe the government is not that bad afterall

Yes precisely and coupled with HAARP they do believe they can make a replacement shield for Earth. I made a thread on the reality of that but ATS dumped it into skunkworks despite the fact that it was backed with official documents

NAVY and NASA - The REAL "Chemtrails"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The problem was I used the term "Chemtrails" and that really touches off certain people here at ATS
Seems that was the only reason it was moved to Skunkworks... but you cannot deny the evidence

(just waiting for Weedwacker to blow another gasket...5...4... AH! that was fast
)

I've thought of that as well but for some reason, I don't think it would be any branch of the government that we've grown to despise so well though.

Yes there is one... The US NAVY

They have always answered my questions directly... you would be surprised at the list of contacts I now have as a result of my Naval Space Command thread

It is the NAVY who was involved in the above mentioned project

It is the NAVY who flew the Clementine mission to the Moon

It is the NAVY who runs HAARP

The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program
www.nrl.navy.mil...

So if you want answers and know who to trust in all this mess, I recommend the NAVY. They have been involved since even before Simon Newcomb took control of the Naval Observatory which sets their clocks using Schumann resonance. And don't forget that even in Startrek... it is the NAVY that runs the space ships. Remember those 'non terrestrial' Naval officers Gary McKinnon saw that caused all his problems?

edit on 7-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

We are near to the 29th parallel North and this lines up with the GAZA PLATEAU... This could be why we are affected first? Maybe thats what the Pyramids really are about? Has anyone checked to see if there's an airport in egypt doing the same?
Of course this is just a theory.

A theory that I love.

I'll see if I can come up with anything.

Ley lines. They are mysteriously intriguing!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oh I concur BIG TIME.

The Navy. I know you know what we mean but I'm not sure what you quoted me before from. It's out of context I think.
Can you U2U and show me where you got that quote ....?........because I wouldn't have left out NAVY if it was pertinent to the conversation.

A.U.T.E.C.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

dude I have to say, you and your ego are letting the topic drift way of OP,may as well be me that points this out.
Or is Filibustering for page count acceptable format at ATS

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
It's effecting the birds as well..

Moving Magnetic North Pole May be the Cause of Mysterious Bird, Fish & Crab Deaths

Yup. But you see....it doesn't matter because 'renumbering runways' is a common (yet infrequent) occurrence and has NOTHING what-so-ever to do with anything else. So the fact that a small airport located in Tampa did some cosmetic upgrading and made national news is.................nothing.
Must've been 'filler' news.

And these kill offs?

Pfffft, They happen ALL the time. Don't you remember when you were a child walking to school ....stepping over dead carcasses in the wintertime ?

I know the relationship to the kill offs and pole shift has NOTHING to do with one another because....I've had at least 5 people post on this thread telling me so.

So......let's take off these tin hats of ours and relax. Everything is coincidental. Don't go adding things up looking for a simple (Occam Razor-like) correlations.

After all, Earth is a very very complex, complicated, mathematical monster to understand. I know that too because several people have popped on my thread to tell me how complicated everything is. Science says so!
I've also been told "Google is my friend"

So let's Google all our answers away to the point where we don't have to think, notice or be aware of anything anymore. Google does that for us!

Ah....life is great!

edit on 7-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike184ever

dude I have to say, you and your ego are letting the topic drift way of OP,may as well be me that points this out.
Or is Filibustering for page count acceptable format at ATS

"you are such a player...looking for the WATS king of the year award? what a puss"

"bet you get all sorts of hate mail, no?"

"mike184ever just added you as a respected foe..."

Priceless.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Just one airport out of thousands worldwide is "affected' by polar shift?
The magnetic poles have always moved around, so this should have been happening all the trime since man started using airport runways.
magnetic pole shift affects the earth's magnetic field and the direction of magnetic north on a magnetic compass.
modern planes have a navigational system which does not rely on amagnetic compas, but allows the pilot to see the true geographical north pole. This has not changed since latitude and longitude were decided upon.

Hysterical scaremongering at play here.
Maybe Tampa airport realised that their runway markings had always been wrong and with more spohisticated navigational equipemnt aboard modern planes, it was being shown up as being wrong more and more and the error is just being corrected.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I live about a hour away from Tampa. Actually, they said that the Airport near me was doing something similar on the news.

They're making adjustments as needed. It's NOT something to be worried about. They do this sort of thing all the time.

My family once owned some land next to an airport and sold it to them. They pretty much made us an offer we couldn't refuse. They wanted to move their strip into a different direction (probably for same reasons) or to adjust length for its newer title of a "international airport." Either way, we both got what we wanted, but they seemed pretty eager to get a deal done. That was nearly 20 years ago(?).

It's nothing new though, as they buy/sell off "growing/dieing" areas of the Airports all the time. Matter of fact, they JUST laid out new cement at our airport (apparently) before an all-nighter of respraying lines.

....IF they know there is destruction on the horizon, they're wasting a lot of would-be good-time money before it gets here imo.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

I think we're beyond the "airport" doing what it's doing and why. If alone, it wouldn't be a major story. We GET IT already.

I don't know about you but most of us are looking at a bigger picture. So if you want to address current events in an a la carte manner then fine....that's your prerogative. Don't put that on others.

Fear mongering? Not my intent. Just sharing my observations.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
maybe somebody with all their knowledge and wisdom explain to me why Homestead AFB runway is still marked 05/23 and for the last 32 yrs

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

They do move gradually about the amount you say but over the last 50 or so years that amount has been increasing bit by bit and in my view, there has to be a tipping point.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Protip: You can literally google just about any question. You will save yourself a lot of humility and maybe learn something by making it your homepage. Take that leap into cyberspace and see the wealth of information that is out there! There is no need to make stuff up anymore!

Obviously I'm not as good at researching as you..
I google till my fingers hurt and can't seem to find stuff like,

Why the magnetic north moves and what causes changes.
What would happen during a flip.
Is this in anyway affecting wildlife...

I see a lot of speculation but no facts..
I see scientific sites useing words like "baffled", "unsure" and plain old "we don't know"

Maybe you can enlighten us rather than insulting.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join