It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I'd like to see anyone try to predict how and where the magnetic pole will move next.

Antarctica

Right, nothing funnier than being unable to cope with change.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

I think also that lil part about, "Changes in the earths core" carrys at least a lil wieght.

I don't see why..The Earth's axis wouldn't change and neither would our rotation speed.
So why would the core be effected.??

because of this..

That ball of iron sloshing around inside the molten iron would definitely be a factor. Perhaps the ball can rotate 180 degrees and flip the field

According to a NASA model...

Supercomputer models of Earth's magnetic field. On the left is a normal dipolar magnetic field, typical of the long years between polarity reversals. On the right is the sort of complicated magnetic field Earth has during the upheaval of a reversal.

Earth's Inconstant Magnetic Field
www.nasa.gov...

The Geodynamo
www.es.ucsc.edu...

What can we do about it?

Move

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Right, nothing funnier than being unable to cope with change.

Well when the poles flip were else ya think the North magnetic pole would end up?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I have been an aviator for 25 years or so. Runway alignments are routinely checked and changed. Magnetism of compass readings are not only affected by the magnetism of the planet, but also by large iron ore deposits in the earth. Also adjusted routinely are aviation charts which show the deviation of the magnetism from true north on the maps. This deviation is adjusted for locational anomalies such as the ore deposits I mentioned earlier. There are also cautions on the maps that local magnetic distortions can exceed the mapped deviation. This all gives the pilot greater situation awareness and is one of the reasons this country has an excellent safety record. Besides a compass in most aircraft range a multitude of navigation instruments. To name a few, these range from inertial navigation, GPS, LORAN (outdated), VOR/TACAN, and believe it or not, sextants with star charts and almanacs to obtain location on certain military aircraft such as the C130's (these sextants are now gone, but the observation deck/window is still there. The long and the short of it, the prudent pilot likes the "belt and suspenders" approach to navigation. The FAA and federal government does an excellent job to provide the pilot with the most up to date information. As a result, this highly increases the chain of safety. On a side note, when I see a multitude of fellow fliers, although the feathered variety, fall out of the sky in multiple locations in days time, I like you take note...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This is uninformed fearmongering by the ignorant.

Runway headings are rounded to the nearest 10s of degrees. And if the runway is actually something like 104 magnetic heading in degrees, and it is "Runway 10", well if there is some change of 2 degrees, and now its going to be 106, so changed to runway 11.

Some airports will be affected more than other airports, based on the amount of magnetic declination too in that location and how the movement was relative to the airport also. This is not rocket science at all.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What can we do about it?

Move

Fine, so how's that ship of yours going and is there a spare seat??
Heck, forget seat..I'll stand if needed..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Years ago I read a book called The Hab Theory, based on a real theory of pole shift and the tumultuous consequences. It also explained the ancient mysteries about previous civilizations with incredible technology that our governments today seem to ignore, The poles shifted due to overloading of the poles with ice off axis and eventually causing the poles to shift to different locations on the planet and explaining such things as mastodons with flowers in their mouths frozen solid extremely rapidly. So..... maybe global warming is actually a conspiracy to warm the planet and prevent ice from building up to avoid pole shift cataclysm and changes for the powers that be, but has gotten out of hand and may end up in altering our planet a different way that will also harm civilization? It's a great book if you can find it. And there are websites about the book and the actual theory behind it, most of which is well known to many of us here.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AERO_VISIONS
I have been an aviator for 25 years or so. Runway alignments are routinely checked and changed. Magnetism of compass readings are not only affected by the magnetism of the planet, but also by large iron ore deposits in the earth. Also adjusted routinely are aviation charts which show the deviation of the magnetism from true north on the maps. This deviation is adjusted for locational anomalies such as the ore deposits I mentioned earlier. There are also cautions on the maps that local magnetic distortions can exceed the mapped deviation. This all gives the pilot greater situation awareness and is one of the reasons this country has an excellent safety record. Besides a compass in most aircraft range a multitude of navigation instruments. To name a few, these range from inertial navigation, GPS, LORAN (outdated), VOR/TACAN, and believe it or not, sextants with star charts and almanacs to obtain location on certain military aircraft such as the C130's (these sextants are now gone, but the observation deck/window is still there. The long and the short of it, the prudent pilot likes the "belt and suspenders" approach to navigation. The FAA and federal government does an excellent job to provide the pilot with the most up to date information. As a result, this highly increases the chain of safety. On a side note, when I see a multitude of fellow fliers, although the feathered variety, fall out of the sky in multiple locations in days time, I like you take note...

Okay. Thanks for the information. Now may I ask you something? To the best of your recollection, has this ever routinely been shared with the public like this though?

I know my local beaches constantly get dredged and realigned due to the changing coastline but NEVER (that I'm aware of) has that ever made the news! So I can't imagine if they started doing it now.

So it's not necessarily the activity (if this IS something common) it's more about the timing I suppose.

Something is going on. There was no way the average person .....er, wait, let me take that back.....there was no way people like US were going to just read that, think nothing of it...and causally go back to reading threads.

They knew it would start a commotion ESPECIALLY in light of the unprecedented number of animals dropping dead around the globe!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko

Years ago I read a book called The Hab Theory, based on a real theory of pole shift and the tumultuous consequences. It also explained the ancient mysteries about previous civilizations with incredible technology that our governments today seem to ignore, The poles shifted due to overloading of the poles with ice off axis and eventually causing the poles to shift to different locations on the planet and explaining such things as mastodons with flowers in their mouths frozen solid extremely rapidly. So..... maybe global warming is actually a conspiracy to warm the planet and prevent ice from building up to avoid pole shift cataclysm and changes for the powers that be, but has gotten out of hand and may end up in altering our planet a different way that will also harm civilization? It's a great book if you can find it. And there are websites about the book and the actual theory behind it, most of which is well known to many of us here.

Don't think for a moment I haven't thought that.
Interesting huh? It helps explain (in my raging mind) what's behind some of the chemtrailing too (that word seems to give immediate notice to Weed, so let me just say "hi" to him now.....)

Our government ain't ignoring anything. Don't give them that much credit.
Those in the Know, know. Others;on a need-to-know-basis. Most, haven't a clue.

Seeing you give me a nice segue, let me share this with my kindred spirited friends which I snagged off another forum:

The Pleiadians claim we lost our memories on a global scale every time the earth shifted.
This is why we basically went from high civilization at Atlantis, back to cavemen (at least the ones that survived), and had to start over again.

And before that, Lemuria or Mu.

And there were many civilizations before that. Each shift, we lose our memories.

The shifts are happening because we have been knocked into an elliptical rotation long ago by the destruction of the once nearby planet of Maldek (Asteroid Belt)

2012 is about the Earth returning to its proper rotation and alignment. This is the last shift we have to go through.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Modern navigators normally are not affected by the wandering of the poles because they can regularly determine their position from satellites and Earth-based observatories. The degree of difference between the position of these two poles when seen at various locations is called magnetic declination. These angles allow navigators to determine their actual geographic position. Charts and handbooks for navigation regularly update these values and are published by government agencies.

Maritime and air navigation regulations require use of these up-to-date charts and tables. Without GPS, the navigator would use a new version of the chart or table. With GPS, navigators update their receiver database by purchasing new data from the Government or from the GPS manufacturer and loading it into the onboard GPS unit.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Russians order Flight Changes, after Massive Magnetic Shift downs Airliners
The reason for this unprecedented warning, these reports state, are the rapid formations of “geomagnetic storms” emanating from the boundaries of the African Tectonic Plate that due to their intensity have caused the loss of two major passenger aircraft during the past month leaving nearly 300 men, women and children dead.
To the catastrophic events occurring within the African Tectonic Plate it has been known for over a year with the reporting of a “new ocean” forming in Ethiopia, and as we can read as reported by Nature News Service:
(2009) macedoniaonline.eu...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gateway30

just did the google on MACE and there we go its a lagit news format...hummmmm,wonder what the Zeta's has ran with on this

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
This is my belief. I think in this day any work project is escalated in the news to make it look like people are back to work. Normally, this is just done and only reported in local aviation outlets such as flight service briefings, etc.
Can the pole shift? Absolutely. Is it shifting now? Absolutely. But at what rate? Will the shift happen soon? Could be a million years. It could be tomorrow. I wish I had that crystal ball. I am not concerned by the changing deviation adjustment. Most adjustments change a runway from say 31 (310 degrees) to 32 (320 degrees) as an example (small increment of change). If you were to see a runway change from 29 (290 degrees), to 04 (40 degrees) you would get my attention rapidly, as this would be a large incremental change. If pilots saw this, your forum would be saturated with pilot observations. Part of the scientific method is observation, and you have certainly done that. When anything dies, something is wrong in my book. We should keep a focused eye on the problem until the cause is known, much like the dying bees...another winged friend.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
LOOK now fox is covering your thread ,,, your causing waves human lol www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
In trying to find more (newer) information, I came across FOXNews article just now about this (routine, mundane and common) adjustment at Tampa airport:
Magnetic North Pole Shifts, Forces Runway Closures at Florida Airport

So they once again mention that it's SLOWLY but steadily drifting towards Russia.

Then I come across this piece:

Rapid changes in the churning movement of Earth's liquid outer core are weakening the magnetic field in some regions of the planet's surface, a new study says.

"What is so surprising is that rapid, almost sudden, changes take place in the Earth's magnetic field," said study co-author Nils Olsen, a geophysicist at the Danish National Space Center in Copenhagen.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

The jig is up. They want us totally confused so we're all walking aimlessly in circles.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gateway30
LOOK now fox is covering your thread ,,, your causing waves human lol www.foxnews.com...

We posted the same thing a minute a part.

Priceless!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
scientific american wants to know why the north pole is racing towards Siberia ! www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gateway30

Man I have several buddies that fly.They follow the hi-ways. BUT when you fly in weather and all commercial pilots have to pass the hooded test...The Insterment test. If magnetic north changes, well thats why Tampa closed. What happens when you are flying insterments and ground fog covers the runway and you have 300 souls on board,and there is a magnetic polar shift.
BTW one buddy that flies has a commercial rating...but all guys/gals (have to make the distinction today) that fly have this info

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Okay. Thanks for the information. Now may I ask you something? To the best of your recollection, has this ever routinely been shared with the public like this though?

I know my local beaches constantly get dredged and realigned due to the changing coastline but NEVER (that I'm aware of) has that ever made the news! So I can't imagine if they started doing it now.

So it's not necessarily the activity (if this IS something common) it's more about the timing I suppose.

Something is going on. There was no way the average person .....er, wait, let me take that back.....there was no way people like US were going to just read that, think nothing of it...and causally go back to reading threads.

They knew it would start a commotion ESPECIALLY in light of the unprecedented number of animals dropping dead around the globe!

Yes, changes of magnetic declination, and changing runway number are published, they are not exactly secret. Poles move, and sometimes runway numbers will have to be changed. These are published as NOTAMs, Notice To Airmen. Its rather hard to keep secret, when a runway is closed temporarily to change the numbers, and its changed on approach charts too and airport diagrams.

edit on 7-1-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join