It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now East Texas Also Reports Hundreds Of Dead Birds

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Now East Texas Also Reports Hundreds Of Dead Birds

www.allvoices.com

Texans are observing hundreds of dead birds on an East Texas bridge, according to a breaking report by KLTV in Tyler. This latest discovery compounds the mystery of recent reported discoveries of dozens, hundreds, even thousands of dead birds and fish documented in the southern United States as well as dead wildlife reports in other parts of the world this week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.allvoices.com

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This morning's discovery of 200 dead birds on East Texas bridge adds to public concern. Photo courtesy of KLTV. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b19e0b45c486.jpg[/atsimg]

Add Texas to the list.

Birds are an indicator species. They are fairly high up on the food chain. Environmental changes are quickly reflected in birds.

The cause of death of the birds identified as American Coots is unknown. Lake O' the Pines is located on Big Cypress Creek in the Cypress River Basin, 25 miles northeast of Longview.

Experts initially contacted by KLTV considered the large number of dead birds spotted on an east Texas bridge to most probably be a natural occurrence in the area

www.allvoices.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It has to be some kind of virus..It seems like it's spreading.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

That seems likely I must admit.
There is also a report this morning from Illinois.

I dont ever recall this happening before.
It must be a virus, or the Madrid Fault, Corexit, or The Atlantic Current.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Who knows, there should be team of experts forming about now, IMO.
Why wait any longer, obviously something is wrong somewhere.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I flagged you up ship burner.
The whole world is going to chit mon.

Everything is fine nothing to see here.

edit on 5-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
To be entirely honest, I'm not really freaked out over this. There's tens of millions of birds in the U.S. Having a few thousand birds die out in several different areas is certainly cause for concern, but it doesn't seemed reasonable to panic just yet.

It does spook me a bit that most of these are happening around the same time, but until I see a million or so birds dying out, I'm going to simply keep an eye out but remain entirely calm. Hopefully this passes without becoming a real issue.
edit on 5-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Calm is good.
I hope that there is a team of experts forming somewhere,
that can offer us the logical explanation we all need.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Viruses constantly change so let's hope (If it is a virus) that it doesnt spread to humans. That would be a disater..

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
just keep in mind:

This is now world wide not just the US, and these are the only confirmed or reported sightings of dead birds, there could be a lot more which have not been reported. Also fireworks can be totally ruled out since that was two nights ago and why would fish and birds start dying at the same time.... coincidence?

If it is a virus then its one of the fastest spreading viruses i have ever heard about, being able to reach other countries in a matter of a day????? I'm not so sure about that.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

They will never tell us any truths.

If it really is going on, there must be someone looking into it.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

True we dont need that.
Imagine, another giant vaccine propaganda campaign.

Birds are higher up on the food chain, with fish it could be two different causes,
both happening at the same time.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Is this the same case ??

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I dont know for sure, I think that video is another spot in Texas. The video says Austin,
and the OP link was from Tyler?

Great video, love the hazmat suits.

edit on 5-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have driven over this bridge many times. There are always many dead birds on the bridge. From the OP article:

Texas Parks and Wildlife Department's Media Communication Director, Tom Harvey, who says it is not uncommon to see dozens of dead birds on this bridge.

Certainly the bird deaths reported in other states are a mystery; however, this is common on this bridge and is most certainly not related to the other recent incidents.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Ah well, I might agree with that on some other day, but I just dont think its that easy to dismiss
it now. As I searched the news today, I found other reports of dead birds, in Illilnois for instance.

And here, a government agency was quick to dismiss it. Suspicious....

Edit to add, do you know if they are testing them? I would hope so....
edit on 5-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I wanted to share this, the stupidest lie I've seen yet about these strange bird deaths:

the Greer Police Department confirmed that officers had taken an accident report on Monday night from a truck driver who said he had struck a flock of birds at that location, though the report indicated that he thought they were geese.

source

Right...trucker somehow runs over 50 starlings, who are killed instantly by his truck but not crushed into roadkill? Where do they find these worthless journalists? Do these idiots not do their job and google? Can't they see there are birds dying strangely all over the place?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

Heh, well thats funny.
Thanks for posting.

I have hit birds before, they dont look like much afterwards.
Its a good way to dismiss things, excuse like fireworks.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
As AggieMan stated, dead birds on a bridge are very common around here. They nest under the bridge and when they fly up over the bridge they get hit by vehicles. This thread can be attributed to nothing more than 'fear mongering'. Im not saying that the dead animals elsewhere aren't connected, just that dead birds on a bridge are common occurance around here.

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Edit to add, do you know if they are testing them? I would hope so....

I imagine that they will be testing the birds just for ease of mind. Typically they don't. Although, when I was in college getting my B.S. in Wildlife Biology, we did, in fact, do studies on bird mortality rates along road corridors (including lake bridges). We even did analysis of the sample caucuses to see if we could determine cause of death. In most all cases, the cause of death was due to trauma sustained, apparently, from vehicle strikes. This happens in these areas a lot more often that one would think, it's just that people don't usually take notice.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Or maybe it is the trumpet from revelation?

"8And the second messenger did sound, and as it were a great mountain with fire burning was cast into the sea, and the third of the sea became blood,

9and die did the third of the creatures that [are] in the sea, those having life, and the third of the ships were destroyed. "

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join