It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of dead blackbirds found near New Roads

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I seriously cannot believe that NO ONE in this thread has even thought about the predictive programming of 'Flash Forward'. That was my VERY first thought when I heard about the dead birds in Arkansas. We've been programmed to accept these things in our lives. That's all thanks to the Illuminati controlled Mass media. It's not really rocket science is it folks?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

Worst case they encountered a deadly methane cloud floating above?!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
I am not buying into the avian flu bit. If it was that then you would have a slow and steady rate of bird dieing. But this is a lot of dead in a very short time frame in a small area. Just like the last mass bird kill. And lest not forget the fish kill on 12-30-10 in about the same area as the first bird kill. I am afraid some is going to try and use this to push the avian flu mess even though I do not believe the two are connected at all.

Well the fish is thought to be due to disease.... So....

Given the fact that dead birds are turning up everywhere.... That could also be due to disease

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
An article from Sorcha Fall (I know!) makes a link between an accidental leak of a deadly bichemical gas, the death of the birds and the fish, and the death of Wheeler.

I know Sorcha Faal is thoroughly discredited as a source, but the info in the article seems plausible and verifiable, so I'm posting it here as a possible theory for these deaths.

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
oh oh...

more dead birds!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that that video is from a few months/years ago, it didn't happen simultaneously like the fishes the birds, but they might still be related

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
What about the Gulf Oil Spill? Migrating birds from south returning northbound are spreading whatever to other birds along the way....?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a possible cause

www.rawstory.com...

3M discharged cancer-causing chemicals in Mississippi River

The Minnesota attorney attorney general filed a lawsuit Thursday demanding that the 3M Co. pay to clean up contaminated water in three counties, alleging that the company discharged cancer-causing chemicals in the Mississippi River.

While the lawsuit did not ask for a specific dollar amount, potential damages could run in the tens of millions of dollars.

The state alleges that landfills used by 3M to store perfluorochemicals (PFCs) for decades have leaked into the Mississippi River and drinking water across the east-metro area.

PFCs, which do not occur in nature, accumulate in animals, fish and people and do not decompose. High levels of PFCs are known to cause cancer.

just thought I'd share

maybe the chemicals made them sick
and died from the fall

doesn't the Mississippi river go through LA ???

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
There was cancer water in Houston, TX in the past year as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I heard something interesting on C to C either last night or the night before. The birds in Arkansas were reported to have fell from the sky at night. Whoever it was speaking on the show rightfully asked, "Why were these birds flying at night?"
These were blackbirds. You might find owls, whipoor-wills, goatsuckers or nightjars flying at night, but not blackbirds.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I can't believe people are falling for the "firework" excuse!

If that were true...... this would be happening every New Years Eve as the news stories also state that residents set off fireworks every new years eve there. Come on folks.... thousands of dead birds.

One thing is for sure.... I would consider it a very bad omen if I were living there.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hmmmmm...Intrestingly enough almost all of these links below occured in...... 2010. The sites are not specific to one animal, one country, or even one continent. Me thinks something else might be going on.

Mysterious Whale die off - 2010

Mass Honey Bee die off - 2010

Bat die off

Mass Squirrel die off

Mass Sea Lion die off

Mass die off of turtles

Penguin Die off in Argentina

Mass Coral die off

Gharial die off

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I live in arkansas a town over from where it happened and I can tell you that no one I know believes the "fireworks caused trauma to the birds" excuse they are giving. Someone is covering something up somewhere. They still haven't found out what happened with the 20 miles of dead fish in the Ozarks.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4it
I live in arkansas a town over from where it happened and I can tell you that no one I know believes the "fireworks caused trauma to the birds" excuse they are giving. Someone is covering something up somewhere. They still haven't found out what happened with the 20 miles of dead fish in the Ozarks.

Maybe you should go snag some of the dead birds and see if we cant do an indepent necropsy on them. I dont buy the fire work explanation either, and there seems to be a pretty quick response to clean this stuff up.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You listed die-offs. I remember one that wasn't on your list.

Amphibian die-off.

Discover-2008 Global Amphibian Die-off

From that article:Extinction?

edit on 4-1-2011 by butcherguy because: added link

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
US planned to poision blackbirds back in 2002.

abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
According to this tread (linking to this document), the USDA had plans to mass-poison blackbirds in the Western prairie regions in order to protect certain cash crops, with a goal of killing 6 million of them over the span of 3 years.

This newsletter from early 2010 seems to state that blackbird poisoning with the avicide DRC-1339 is a viable population control solution:

The Blackbird Management program will last until mid-March. The blackbirds are baited with a product called DRC 1339. Even though the birds excrete the toxicant before dying, blackbirds should not be eaten during this time. (Source)

More info on DRC-1339:

DRC-1339 Concentrate is a restricted use pesticide for reducing offending blackbird populations. This pesticide is restricted for use only by USDA employees. The method requires several days of prebaiting to condition birds to the bait, monitor for non- target species, and evaluate safety considerations. Once prebaiting is accomplished, the toxicant may be placed on a variety of bait options, including corn, fat nuggets, rolled barley and rice. The toxicant takes approximately 24 hours to reduce the offending blackbird population. Carcasses are then removed by USDA employees and/or cooperators. (Source)

Strange coincidence, don't you think? Poisoned banquets (or bird poop) could easily find their way into the water supply, which could explain the die-off of fish in the region. It's really no wonder the USDA keeps these things under wraps - especially if the poison is able to contaminate water supplies.
edit on 4-1-2011 by pforkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
just a thought regarding the blackbirds (can't comment on the video) ...
NNW of the birds landing location (Beebe) is Guy, AR ... north of Greenbrier.
this location is also relative to the SE foothills of the Ozarks.

there has been frequent tectonic hammering occurring in that location, almost daily, for some time now.
i wonder if an unknown gaseous release could be the culprit in the blackbird deaths. or perhaps they encountered a region of depleted oxygen in their flight path.
this could also explain the fish in the Ozarks, tis the same region.

sources: earthquake.usgs.gov...
www.ceri.memphis.edu...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...

i've read stories of the death count ranging from 1000 to 5000 blackbirds, anyone have a clue
what the real count is?
edit on 4-1-2011 by Honor93 because: edit typo AR

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

The one problem I see with the explanation is the eyewitness accounts that stated the birds were falling from the sky. I guess is possible the birds were exposed then attempted to pull a chicken run and died midlaunch. However, again eyewitnesses said it occured at night, a time this bird is asleep.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

This coincides with previous cases of DRC-1339 poisoning:

In 2009, a culling with DRC-1339 received national attention after USDA employees dispensed the poison in Griggstown, New Jersey to kill an estimated 5,000 starlings that plagued feed lots and dairies on local farms. When "it began raining birds" community members became alarmed, unsure whether a toxin or disease was at work. Two property owners in the area reported collecting over 150 birds each from their land. Source

I've decided this is what happened - but I wonder why the media has focused on ridiculous explanations of it? I'm interested to see if this turns into another bird flu scare tactic...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join