It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of dead blackbirds found near New Roads

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

its a good hunch seems like we should build on that and go forward

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Some interesting angles...

The mollusk angle, I am a bit skeptical of, it would seem strange that thousands would die at once, in flight for that matter, I am no expert but if they were to die of ingesting bad mollusks, I would think that they would gradually become ill and perish. Perhaps someone here familiar with that type of poisoning could explain.

The methane angle reminded me of the Rednecks thread in fragile earth, about the possibility of an eggshell getting ready to be cracked (ie: New Madrid Earthquake).. which is eerie..

One other thing, which may be a myth, but aren't birds one of the first to die suddenly from toxic exposures.. sorta like a signal... maybe that's the canary in a coalmine deal, but the recent events in Arkansas and Louisiana does cause concern IMO..

And I am not buying the fireworks loud noise explanation... :shk:
edit on Tue, 04 Jan 2011 00:27:39 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: clarity

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Right the canary in the coal mine theory, but seems like its spreading i'm willing to bet if there is another die off it will be pushed under the rug

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

If this was a chemical, like sulphur or lead or something being released from the ground, then why only 1 type of bird?
why only 1 type of fish?

Some sort of magnetic field, or radioative wave that oly this bird/fish species can feel/be manipulated by.

There's always stories coming out about mass bird deaths, mass fish deaths, but 2 at the same time, in the same area isolated to 1 species? ... all I know is if I was a human I wouldnt be walking around these area's without a lead set of underwear on and a nice metal style helmet.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Hence the link I made to imminent volcanic activity.

Don't they also fly by way of Magnetic fields?
Here is a stretch - Could a certain magnetic/electronic disturbance fry their brains?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

the latest die off in LA. said it was also swallows

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Ok, there is an Ornithological society in Louisiana;
www.losbird.org...

I'm sure they would have the information needed to find out where these bird nest and where they eat.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Link to ATS Thread by Quasi;
100 tonnes of dead fish

I wonder if the two cases are linked...
We should keep an eye out for mass bird deaths in the Brazilian region.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
There is something very strange going on here but whatever it is they wont tell us until the last minute

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I found a pretty solid explanation about the birds in Arkansas, so I figured I'd post it in here and hopefully shed some light on this whole mess. Originally posted by 'Robin Marks'

"What industry has recently killed fish and birds?

The Oil and Gas industry.

Let's forget about BP because it is obvious. Let's look at Exxon which just paid a fine for killing birds around their natural gas drill sites.

green.blogs.nytimes.com...

Here's an example where Cabot Oil contaminated a river and there was methane gas leaking into residents wells. There were exploding water wells in the town of Dimock Pennsylvania. The spill got into the river killing fish and the fish were observed to be swimming erractically.

www.propublica.org...

I'm researching to find the details on a methane seep in the West Divide Creek in Colorado. The river could be ignited. It killed fish and the oil company was fined.

So here's just two examples. But we're really not just talking about fish and birds. There was a 4.4 magnitude earthquake that morning in Guy Arkansas. One county over. The largest of a swarm of around 500 earthquakes which started in September. It has been suggested that the earthquake are as a result of the fracking process used in natural gas drilling. Geologists admit the looking into salt-water disposal which could be cause the swarm of earthquakes.

articles.cnn.com...:US

But that wasn't the only event that day in Arkansas. There was a tornado. Around the dinner hour, a line of storms passed through the area. This meant there was water rushing into the system. This could have stirred up sediments and release gas trapped in the silt at the bottom. The bottom, where fish like drum school. The birds were not flying at 10:3d0-11:00pm at night. They were in the their roost. But what was the last thing they would have done before they went to bed for the night? They would have had a drink of water.

What do we used to use to detect methane in mines? Birds. When the birds went to roost things may have been quiet. Some of the birds could have been returning to the roost and it took them longer to get home. They would have been overshooting the roost and staggering to get there. That's how some of the birds have been described behaving. One CNN reporter found a dying bird the next day as he got on scene.

If the flock discovered that there was something deadly happening within the group they would panic. Hence the midnight flight. They were trying to escape the mass. The birds in Labarre Lousianna and in Kentucky were birds from the same flock fleeing the cause of the disorder.

This is logical and there is evidence to suggest a pattern of water contamination by the Oil & Gas Company. That's the common link. Water. The gas company forces waste water deep underground which is know to cause earthquakes. The fish and birds need clean water to live. Both live in large groups and therefore they are more noticable and were likely directly affected by the contamination. I'm sure there's other animals which may have died as a result but they wouldn't be found in such large numbers. It's not like there's much bio diversity left. Drum is considered a lesser fish so there is little demand and therefor they are plentiful. And starlings are so numerous they are considered pests. Of course there were other types of blackbirds flocking together. That's what they do. Something make them sick and they scattered in panic. It wasn't hail or another weather event. These birds were supposed to be roosting and the storms had passed. It wasn't fireworks. Otherwise this sort of thing would be happening all over the place. Beebe Arkansas is not the only place with starlings and shoots off fireworks on New Year's Eve. Everything is connected.

It started with the earthquakes that began in September. New Year's Eve there was the largest yet. Later that day a severe storm blew through and dumped rain. In the aftermath we find dead fish and dead birds.

Check out my thread where I have more information.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The answer is what's most probable. And what's most probable is what's happened in our recorded history. And what's recorded in our history is that oil companies kill lots of birds and fish.

I'm right. It was contamination of the aquifer. Either methane or carbon dioxide was release when there was a rupture. The gases migrated as a result of salt-water disposal and/or the fracking of the shale.

Methane getting into the aquifer is not science fiction. It's fact.

One last edit. I wanted to also say that it is scienfic fact that gas clouds have killed in the past. Bison have died in Yellowstone when CO2 condense in a valley where they were sleeping for the night. A warm air mass trapped cooler air below. Also there is Lake Nyos where a rupture under a crater lake released CO2 gas in 1986. It killed many people in the area as the gas crept down the old volcano and into the valley.

Birds would be vulnerable to gas coming off the water. The birds breast were damaged. Probably damaged as they struggled for breath and as they fluttered madly in a convulsion.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

Also, all these event took place ontop of the Fayetteville Shale Play Formation. It's a band of natural gas deposits that are drilled and gas is extracted using water in the fracking process. There is drilling in the areas of the fish kills and drilling near Beebe where the bird kills occured. There is also a Fracking Reclaimation Company that recylces the chemicals used in the drilling process. Residents in nearby towns have voiced objections to an expansion and complain about the gases and odors give off by the plant.

I wish someone would post a map showing the locations, along with gas drilling and the swarm and the Fayetteville Shale Formation. It's fairly obvious when you see it on a map and the relationships involved."

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
All the birds had evidence of blunt trauma to the vital organs. I think that rules out any gases.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Why does that rule out gases? Wouldn't the trauma likely be from the birds falling hundreds of feet?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Could also be due to an explosive shock wave.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
jimbonews.blogspot.com...

MONDAY, JANUARY 3, 2011
Mass Bird Death Mystery...New Madrid Earthquake Imminent?
Email from one of our readers....

Birds are very sensitive to electrostatic charges. A simple thunder cloud will irritate a bird severley. This is why birds fly low to the ground just before a storm, to avoid the very uncomfortable charges in the air.

In Arkansas there is one of the Worlds Largest Quartz deposits underground. Quartz is piezoelectric which means a charge developes over the surface of the quartz when pressure is applied to the crystal. The charge is millions of volts but it happens so fast its nearly harmless to people on a small scale. This is how some lighters work. A hammer hits a quartz device releasing a spark.

Anyways, the recent earthquake has placed new pressures on the quartz deposits in Arkansas. This results in a massive discharge of billions of volts of electricity. Think how a small piece of quartz the size of a pea can light a lighter. Now think about millions of Tons of quartz discharging under the extreme pressures the Earth can push.

I am glad I don't live in that area. My sister and her husband and son are moving to southeastern Illinois. I have asked her to please be aware of the quake potential for that area. I am worried about them!

I didn't know about all the quartz!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DontLegalizeDecriminalize

What he said.

Yup.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I think that the birds were stunned to death by a large firework detonating amongst the flock, much like hillbilly fishing using dynamite thrown into a lake to stun and kill fish so they all float to the surface. The fish deaths were probably a coincidence. Its already been stated that it was more than one type of fish effected so probably caused by toxic waste being dumped.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

If a firework was the cause of the deaths, then why doesn't it rain birds on the 4th of July? And that's a pretty wild coincidence, two freak events occurring on the same day only a two hours drive away. I think there has to be some sort of connection between the two
edit on 4-1-2011 by DontLegalizeDecriminalize because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I have to agree with the firework explosions, especially with the trauma to the birds' internal organs. Many birds such as starlings, redwing blackbirds and grackles migrate together in large flocks during their migrations, and many of these flocks continue flying at night. Another cause of major bird kills during migrations are hydro towers and lines. You won't see mass kills such as these latest, but multibly a dozen or so dead birds around the base of most hydro towers in North America, and the numbers soon add up.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontLegalizeDecriminalize

If a firework was the cause of the deaths, then why doesn't it rain birds on the 4th of July? And that's a pretty wild coincidence, two freak events occurring on the same day only a two hours drive away. I think there has to be some sort of connection between the two
edit on 4-1-2011 by DontLegalizeDecriminalize because: (no reason given)

I believe the fire work detonated right amongst or very close to the airborne flock. This would have stunned them , remember small birds are quite fragile really. It doesn't happen every time there is a fire works display because the fireworks don't usually detonate in the middle of a large flock of birds, The fish are just a coincidence and unrelated in my OP.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DontLegalizeDecriminalize

Birds don't migrate at that time of year, and therefore don't flock in such large numbers. Migrating birds such as blackbirds (grackles) and starlings will often stop over for a night or two, roosting in the trees and building ledges of towns and cities along their migratory routes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join