It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran invites EU, others to tour its nuclear sites

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Iran invites EU, others to tour its nuclear sites

www.msnbc.msn.com

VIENNA — Iran has invited Russia, China, the European Union and its allies among the Arab and developing world to tour its nuclear sites, in an apparent move to gain support ahead of a new round of talks with six world powers.

In a letter made available Monday to The Associated Press, senior Iranian envoy Ali Asghar Soltanieh suggests the weekend of Jan. 15 and 16 and says that meetings "with high-ranking officials" are envisaged.

While no reason was given for the timing of the offer, it comes just weeks before Iran and the six powers follow up on recent talks that ended with agreem
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well I'm not surprised.

Although I'm sure they will find an excuse to deny Iran this olive branch and then continue to state they refuse to cooperate and allow inspections.

I can't wait for people to wisen up when it comes to Iran and see the blatant propaganda and war drums coming from the MSM.

What do you all think ATS? Is Iran playing ball or is this some form of nefarious trick?

~Keeper

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

What do you all think ATS? Is Iran playing ball or is this some form of nefarious trick?

It is all smoke & mirrors! There is a big difference between a tour & an inspection. In a tour they will not be given access to every room at every facility & the right to talk to every single employee! An inspection is access to all areas & personnel mentioned without restriction!

So yes, they are still not co-operating! It's all a ruse! the Iranian government are Terrorists!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Of course no olive branches will be extended to Iran, that would violate the wishes of the Zionists. For Iran to not be the enemy of the West it would allow the voice of Iran and its positions to be heard and accepted among Westerners such as the call for Palestinian liberation. To permit Iran any credibility would to deny the West it’s power in the region, we didn’t support Saddam Hussein during the Iran-Iraq war for no reason.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

By your logic so is Israel's government and the USA Government.

I'm sorry but as predicted there is nothing Iran can do to change the minds of those who wish to be lied to on a daily basis.

~Keeper

link   
Dirty double posts..
edit on 1/3/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

link   
Tour of which facility, they have several, so even if this one facility is completely weapons operations free does not mean their other nuclear facilities are the same.

Regardless I always thought we should just give iran a nuke and be done with it, then tell them that if they use it their country will become a glass bowl. I mean what is the purpose for a country like iran to have a nuke, its not as if they can ever use it without thier complete destruction as a result.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

Well you are right about one thing.

Iran can't use a nuclear weapon without causing it's own destruction. Don't you think they are aware of that?

Cause, logically speaking ofcourse, any nation that uses a Nuclear Weapon will be destroyed. Iran or not.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

But what the hell are you saying ? Natanz, Bushehr, Arak, Qom, all have been inspected multiple times and still are. In november, the IAEA was in Qom, all kind of samples were taken for analysis at every site ! Read the IAEA reports on their website.

The problem is that Iran may be up to something "somewhere else". They might have "other sites". So we need "more documents".

But yes, of course, it's definitely a PR campaign. Yes, they are trying to plead their case. It looks like something very reasonable to do to settle disagreements. I can't understand why the invitation could be refused. Certainly, we can find some people with brains to send there who will detect if they are being duped or not. Gesticulations and cries at everyone of Iran's moves will lead nowhere. Or more precisely we know exactly where it will lead.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
There is Zero evidence that Iran is making a bomb. Zero.

Its all propaganda. Of course people like phatpackage push this propaganda. I hope for his sake he is getting payed for this ignorance and not just doing it for fun.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackageIn a tour they will not be given access to every room at every facility & the right to talk to every single employee! An inspection is access to all areas & personnel mentioned without restriction!

Just out of curiosity, is there any country that currently allows international inspections on the scale you're suggesting?

I know for a fact that the USA doesn't.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Originally posted by phatpackageIn a tour they will not be given access to every room at every facility & the right to talk to every single employee! An inspection is access to all areas & personnel mentioned without restriction!

Just out of curiosity, is there any country that currently allows international inspections on the scale you're suggesting?

I know for a fact that the USA doesn't.

Don't care if you think its a double standard or not! Iran is a terrorist nation that can never ever be allowed to acquire nuclear weapons & no Israel does not have to be transparent! Read em & weep!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Iran is being threatened by many countries around it, including the zionist regime. If the zionist regime can have nukes and not be inspected and do as they wish to anyone they want (IE spying on allies, assassinate at will, and have nuclear weapons without oversight) then Iran should also be permitted to do so.

NK has them now and let me say they know nobody will attack without a good reason (unless they are crazies doing it). Iran should have one too, as a deterrent, to avoid ending up being invaded for no reason like Saddam was...

I has a lot of respect for Adhemijad, he is one man who is not afraid of anyone and will not let the world decide what is good for his country. Putin is another guy I admire. Maybe if we had more leaders in the world with Adhemijad and Putin's testicular fortitude to say no to the US and Israel without cowering, we wouldn't be in this stupid messed up world...

Magnum

edit on 11/1/4 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

The zionist regime should be held accountable for every nuke they own, just like the rest of the world. What makes them so special?

Magnum

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

The zionist regime should be held accountable for every nuke they own, just like the rest of the world. What makes them so special?

Magnum

Because they are our Ally ..... Argue all you want you will get the same answer! enough said! Iran's feeble attempt at trying to pass these highly selective "Tours" as being transparency is a big a joke, nearly as much as their terrorist government! lol lol lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

So if you were allies with the son of sam, or Charles Mason, you would defend him and deny the right and obligation to investigate him?

Come on! You must be joking right?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

So if you were allies with the son of sam, or Charles Mason, you would defend him and deny the right and obligation to investigate him?

Come on! You must be joking right?

You got it right in one! Are going to call me some sort of name or label me because I do not agree with you?
edit on 4-1-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join