It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran invites EU, others to tour its nuclear sites

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

[snip]

These tours a just another stalling tactic until Iran the extremist terrorist enemy attempts to get their nuclear weapon! A full scale inspection of all facilities will never be allowed!
edit on 4-1-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/1/11 by masqua because: Removed off-topic comment

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
A full scale inspection of all facilities will never be allowed!

Exactly, but it's better not to bother. There is a large group of apologists on this forum and they have the stereotype idea that everything is black or white. In other words, the West and its MSM only sell propaganda, whereas Iran is the poor little nation bullied by Uncle Sam and evil Israel. You cannot change their perception, it's just a matter of waiting for Iran to announce they have got nuclear missiles.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

Well you are right about one thing.

Iran can't use a nuclear weapon without causing it's own destruction. Don't you think they are aware of that?

Cause, logically speaking ofcourse, any nation that uses a Nuclear Weapon will be destroyed. Iran or not.

~Keeper

because muslim extremists care about mutual destruction

no one will use a suicide bomb, because it'd kill them too! great logic
edit on 4-1-2011 by Valdestine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
A half-arsed attempt to feign cooperation will not help them in the slightest. Those invited, just like the IAEA, will want access to areas/documents that Iran will not give them access to and the result will be increased fears over their nuclear intentions.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Same stuff is regurgitated, over and over and over again.

No deep insight, just the same blame from one side and same deflection from the other side, when this gets old the roles are switched and so on. And so on.

And people, even on ATS, jump on either side. We people are truly lost in propaganda...!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
A return to the topic would be nice.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Looks like Iran making the effort to show the world that its intentions are peaceful in regard to developing nuclear energy.. Just wonder if the world will take the tour and see for themselves.. Or will the world continue to swallow the u.s propaganda ?
edit on 4-1-2011 by Expat888 because: Gremlins...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I'm trying to understand where you get your information about Iran being a terrorist state... I can tell you that the zionist regime acts like a terrorist state. It should invite the world leaders to tour its nuclear sites...

Oh Wait!!! It "doesn't have any"!!!

Come on man, stop trolling around!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

I'm trying to understand where you get your information about Iran being a terrorist state... I can tell you that the zionist regime acts like a terrorist state. It should invite the world leaders to tour its nuclear sites...

Oh Wait!!! It "doesn't have any"!!!

Come on man, stop trolling around!

Hard to argue with what you are saying, doesn't mean that Iran is not trying to develop a nuclear weapon, in contrast to what they are pretending. The ironic thing is that those who praise Iran for its so-called transparency fail to mention that the IAEA has been blocked access to various sites and parts of sites on a regular basis.

What's wrong with you people? Ever attempted to keep track of news or are we now going to insinuate that the IAEA is lying? If one of you apologists would ever spent an hour or two on researching the country's history on nuclear weaponry development. It dates back to the early nineties and it is claimed that they have already acquired warheads from a former Soviet State. Israel know this, Russia does and so does the US. I remember a slip of the tongue made by a US official back of 2004 (can't recall his name); anyhow - he mentioned that Iran already has nuclear weapons. However, it's not in Israel's interest to claim they already have nuclear weapons (wouldn't exactly gather support at home for a war against a nuclear power) and Iran can't admit because they would give the world a perfect legal reason to deal with them. I think that Iran has had a number of nuclear warheads for some 15-20 years and has recently developed the ICBM capable of carrying such warheads. What they are doing now? Expanding their arsenal of nuclear warheads. A handful of warheads doesn't make a nuclear power.

Let the war of words begin.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

So if they all know that Iran has nukes, then why isn't anyone knocking down their door? Because of one of 2 reasons:

1) They know the outcome
2) Iran has no nukes.

Iran is not a paranoid state like the zionist regime. They don't tell the world everyday that they will attack anyone who threatens their state. They don't tell the world that they are mighty and that every one is out to get them.

Iran is a peaceful nation, who never started a war. They call for the fall of the zionist regime, not for the destruction of jews or judeism. How is that a terrorist state?

Israel on the other hand, displaces people by force, surrounds places they don't like with walls and checkpoints, don't allow people out for life saving medical treatment, don't let medical supplies in, leave people in thirst, in the dark, and invade the territory with tanks and artillery when the people are armed with home made rockets and stones... That is terrorism!!!!

Why is Iran labeled as a terrorist state? I know, they are Muslim and they say f-u to the US and the western world. That makes them terrorist... Just like any american who refuses the body scanners at the airport, or says bad things about DHS, or who refuses to comply with the government... They are considered terrorists too... At least that's what the US government wants you to believe...

Now Iran is supposed to be the bad guy because he is standing up for his sovereign right to do what he pleases in his country?

Come on! Americans don't accept it's own government mingling in its affairs, imagine letting another country... or the world!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

It is claimed ? But based on which evidence ? Some claim the Nazis had disc crafts. Not everyone believe this claim. You've been here long enough, there are lots of claims. Maybe the Nazis had disc crafts. Actually, there is more evidence they had than Iran having nukes.

In the nineties, every rogue state, every terrorist group had presumably acquired soviet nukes. It was the biggest of fears after the USSR collapse. Twenty years have passed. I tend to think if one acquires nukes and intents to use them offensively, he wouldn't wait for 20 years to use them. What do you think ?

Will you list for me those sites the IAEA wants to inspect and is forbidden to ?
Currently, as per the last IAEA report in november, there are no sites they want to inspect that they don't have. So can you verify your information on this fact ?
I can think of one or two marginal things you could find
But I won't tell you as I don't want to make it easy for you, sorry. I want you to really look again into this. I think it is fair, sorry, this is not patronizing at all, I hope you understand.

This link for your attention

Iran hasn't always fully cooperated. True. But you expect that. On one side, some states seem to distrust the other side, they won't take his word and they won't be convinced by any evidence, they'll keep on saying there must be something hidden somewhere, all this based on their distrust. On the other side, one state looks like he feels he is treated unfairly. He doubts the goodwill of the other side and thinks they are trying to undermine his sovereignty and revoke his legal rights. On top of this, the two sides have threatened each other directly or indirectly. You can expect cooperation will be suspended from time to time and that all kind of incidents and bickering will happen. It doesn't make anyone guilty at the moment.

It's a hard process. It hasn't unfold perfectly but the task is being conducted. And it will continue. Iran and 169 non-nuclear weapon states with a civilian nuclear program are monitored by the IAEA as stipulated in the NPT to insure they are not diverting nuclear material for military use.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

Will you list for me those sites the IAEA wants to inspect and is forbidden to ?
Currently, as per the last IAEA report in november, there are no sites they want to inspect that they don't have. So can you verify your information on this fact ?
I can think of one or two marginal things you could find But I won't tell you as I don't want to make it easy for you, sorry. I want you to really look again into this. I think it is fair, sorry, this is not patronizing at all, I hope you understand.

I know Iran refused access to two of the inspectors for some reason..
They would of allowed a different two inspectors in but the IAEA said they chose the inspectors, not Iran..

Kinda pushy on the IAEAs part..
Iran should have the right to refuse certain people if they feel them people are not suitable for whatever reason.
The IAEA could have sent two different inspectors, problem solved....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Yes, this is an example of bickering. Much more than 2 inspectors were refuted by Iran to be honest.

It seems states and international organisations, when they don't act like thugs, act like kids.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Iran is a terrorist state. They stir up the Palestinians by funding Hamas & they are doing their best to upset the mighty coalitions good work in Afghanistan & Iraq Then there is the disgraceful ways they treat their own people! Before you get your knickers in a knot about Israel this & USA that, I don't care! They are not the terrorists here!

So yes they are a terrorist state & that is what these "Tours" are a "Veneer" Part of their propaganda machine to wrongly show that are not a terrorist state! As stated before if it was allowing world leaders a full inspection, well things might be different! Don't fall fro this Iranian "Nuclear Facilities Tour"it's a ll bunk!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

So yes they are a terrorist state & that is what these "Tours" are a "Veneer" Part of their propaganda machine to wrongly show that are not a terrorist state! As stated before if it was allowing world leaders a full inspection, well things might be different! Don't fall fro this Iranian "Nuclear Facilities Tour"it's a ll bunk!

I think someone already asked you but I'll ask again as I haven't seen you answer..
Please show what IAEA inspections Iran has refused and details of reasons given..

Also, as to Iran funding terrorists, please show details..
BTW,You do know that the US has admitted to giving funds to the Taliban..??

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I think someone already asked you but I'll ask again as I haven't seen you answer.. Please show what IAEA inspections Iran has refused and details of reasons given..

Nobody asked me that! Read the thread is was directed to someone else so don't twist it around & ask the person it was intended for! Not my question to answer see the person it was intended for! Ask all you won't I will never answer it for you!. lol lol lol!

The funding of Hamas the terrorist organisation Iran (And in case you have not noticed the thread is about Iran not the USA so mentioning them is irrelevant to the thread) has been mentioned & demonstrated many many times on ATS do your own research through the search function! & then you can divert the topic of the thread if you want to! - Off you go!!. Any way I thought you said you were not going to reply anymore!!! Not really a person of your word lol lol!

Iran has invited Russia, China, the European Union and its allies among the Arab and developing world to tour its nuclear sites

If Iran was being so open & friendly why did they not invite the US & Israel to these "Propaganda Tours". They are trying to leave them out to cause trouble & infuriate the situation! Yes & Iran has the gall to criticise the USA - Yes Iran they are the worst!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

While sunni Hamas certainly receives some funding from Iran, it's shia Hezbollah whose definite main funder is Iran. Your argument is stronger if you use Hezbollah. What do they teach you at the training course ?
I won't be around every time to save your a**, you'd better learn for next time

You can easily link Hezbollah to ex-president Rafsandjani who is accused of being a founder of the Hezbollah. He is a fierce opponent of Ahmadinejad who beat him for president in 2005. Rafsandjani, who is a supporter of Mir Moussavi, you remember him ? He was Iran's PM in the 80's and had hundreds of regime dissenters executed. He is a strong opponent of Ahmadinejad too, he was the leader of the Green Movement, yes that Green Movement that we hail in the west as heroes fighting for liberties and democracy. I loved that season of the show ! How I love comedies !

Now when you say Iran is a terrorist state, who are you talking about ? The clan in power or the clan who wants to regain it, the clan that the west is apparently supporting and whose members are recognized terrorists ? Of course, it's never black and white but there is sometimes a darker side.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join