It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Atheism's Missionaries

page: 7
1
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Just found out the 4th largest religious group in the UK are Jedi


It's a census-recognized religion and surpasses Judaism and Buddhism...almost 1% of UK citizens are Jedi. That should really worry other nations as a single Jedi can clearly decimate entire armies




posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 




and what do you believe you are doing by responding to this topic ?


My bad.You don't worth any attention that you sooooooo badly seek.I'm sorry i wasted my time.




Oh and what was that you said about making me believe ? I thought atheists don't believe

Atheists don't believe in the existence of god.That doesn't mean that we are not allowed to use this word.Besides the word "believe" doesn't have just the religious definition you are giving.


1. The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another
2. Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something
3. Something believed or accepted as true, especially a particular tenet or a body of tenets accepted by a group of persons.





are you MrXYZ's brother ?

I'm a girl and...who is mr XYZ?




well no one is doing a very good job, except at making themselves look really spoiled and ignorant in the videos they put out... did I mention self-centered ?

So i'm right you are looking for someone to do "the good job".And friend since you are human EVERYTHING IS SELF CENTERED.You are attacking people that opposed to YOUR beliefs.




not really worthy of a reply because you are just trying to throw something back that was thrown by your particular sect in the first place and is still being thrown en masse. I do apologize if you feel defeated, I can not help you with that really...

My sect?
I won't comment that.
Defeated?So i'm also right you are at war.I don't feel that way.I believe that we can all get along if we respect each other.It is not a war unless you start one.What a person believes or not believes it is personal.Why all the religious people have the need to convert everyone into their belief?

BTW this is the last you will hear from me.So even if you answer that post i won't answer back.
Good luck with your crusade and your war against atheism.



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
So i'm right you are looking for someone to do "the good job".And friend since you are human EVERYTHING IS SELF CENTERED.You are attacking people that opposed to YOUR beliefs.

I am not attacking anyone, some may only perceive it as an attack... but in all actuality, we the 96% of the rest of the humans on this planet only believe the remaining 4% suffer from some kind of delusion.

answer me this one last question... do you believe in aliens ?



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
I am not attacking anyone, some may only perceive it as an attack... but in all actuality, we the 96% of the rest of the humans on this planet only believe the remaining 4% suffer from some kind of delusion.


Theists do not make up 96% of the population. Again, atheists make up about 8-12% of the world population (that's a very conservative estimate, as gathering numbers on atheism is quite difficult).

Monotheists make up about 51% of the world's population total. And even the monotheists disagree with each other, they aren't a united front. Hell, the individual religions amongst them disagree with each other. Christians can't decide what 'true' Christianity is, Muslims can't decide what 'true' Islam is, Jews can't decide what 'true' Judaism is, etc.

Then there are the animists of Chinese traditional religion, the Hindus, the Buddhists, the primal/indigenous religions, etc.

In all fairness, you're probably a member of a small portion of the Christian religion. I mean, where on the 'family tree' of Christianity do you fall? (I'm linking to the image rather than posting it here because you have to see it at full size for legibility)

Here's the family tree, and it's actually a fairly simplified version of things.

edit on 15/1/11 by madnessinmysoul because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
So i'm right you are looking for someone to do "the good job".And friend since you are human EVERYTHING IS SELF CENTERED.You are attacking people that opposed to YOUR beliefs.

I am not attacking anyone, some may only perceive it as an attack... but in all actuality, we the 96% of the rest of the humans on this planet only believe the remaining 4% suffer from some kind of delusion.

answer me this one last question... do you believe in aliens ?


DELUSION


Psychiatry. A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution.

Read more: www.answers.com...


Interesting...we've already established that it's the creationists who ignore facts and evidence...given that, I think it's pretty clear who's delusional



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
Theists do not make up 96% of the population. Again, atheists make up about 8-12% of the world population (that's a very conservative estimate, as gathering numbers on atheism is quite difficult).


must we really go through all this again MIMS ? posting all the graphs and data and polls, ect...

out of the 8% claimed, half (4%) were theistic but non-religious.



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Interesting...we've already established that it's the creationists who ignore facts and evidence...given that, I think it's pretty clear who's delusional


may the force be with you young Jedi


WWLD - (What Would Luke Do?)



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 


I'm only a Jedi when applying for Saudi Arabian business visa because putting "atheist" can get you in trouble



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 


I'm only a Jedi when applying for Saudi Arabian business visa because putting "atheist" can get you in trouble


hehe


dude, you better get one heck of a suntan before you go trudging around in them parts of the woods...



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
By the way, to put something in perspective....

When I went to Saudi Arabia during Ramadan, I spent almost 2 weeks in a village near Makkah. Now, the guys at immigration didn't like my "atheist" ticker and made some comments about it...but all those pilgrims heading to Makkah were super friendly. I was the only white guy (I could see), so I definitely stuck out. At night, I got invited to dinner by random people, and I had people show me around Dammam after only talking to them for 30min. Tons of them obviously found out I'm an atheist because it's kind of a religious time there...but guess what, NOT ONE of them made even the slightest derogatory remark!! The "worst" I got is "I don't agree...want more tea?"

I'm quite frankly stunned at the fact that atheists face more anger/attacks on these boards than a village 50km from Makkah during Ramadan. Puts the whole "Muslims are extremists" stuff we hear on TV 24/7 into perspective



posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Re Cosmic.Artifact

You wrote:

["I am not attacking anyone, some may only perceive it as an attack... but in all actuality, we the 96% of the rest of the humans on this planet only believe the remaining 4% suffer from some kind of delusion."]

and

["must we really go through all this again MIMS ? posting all the graphs and data and polls, ect...
out of the 8% claimed, half (4%) were theistic but non-religious."]

Considering that you make this 'WE 96%' claim in post after post, and to my knowledge haven't presented any validation for this wild postulate (I asked you once myself without getting an answer), I personally find it necessary to say: "Yes, we must really go through this 'again' ".



posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by Ghost374
Atheism isn't a religion. Judging from your questions you believe this to be so. There isn't a "Truth" to be spread, except that there is no god.


try telling that truth to the 92% of the rest of the planet (and that is being fair)

Atheist simply need to stop claiming they are atheists and preaching their message on internet and go quietly into the night then, Because I surely do not see them out in the world doing any "good" unless someone has proof and can posts it here ? hopefully some large scale missionary type of thing like Christianity has going on all over the world.

Do the Atheists not understand Anti-Theism means a lie against our combined truths ?

Science is the Atheists bible and of course the Origin of Species


now that we have that all cleared up, do we have any takers on the questions in the opening post ?

Oh dear, I do wish you people would realise that you are in a minority! The majority of Christians have no issue with science or with Darwin.. Christians don't have to be creationists and most are not!
Please, stop making us all look like idiots!
Vicky



posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
There are a large number of secular charities that have no religious agenda

Secular Charities and Aid groups:

American Red Cross
The American Red Cross, a humanitarian organization led by volunteers, guided by its Congressional Charter and the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross Movement, will provide relief to victims of disasters and help people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies. The USA's premier emergency response organization, over 91% of Red Cross spending is on charitable services.

Unless it's completely independent of the rest of the world's Red Cross (and that's possible, but unlikely), then this is your first fail. The International Red Cross was founded by a Christian (Henri Dunant).


Originally posted by ELahrairahAmnesty International
AI’s vision is of a world in which every person enjoys all of the human rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international human rights standards.
In pursuit of this vision, AI’s mission is to undertake research and action focused on preventing and ending grave abuses of the rights to physical and mental integrity, freedom of conscience and expression, and freedom from discrimination, within the context of its work to promote all human rights.

Second fail. Founded by a British Jew.


Originally posted by ELahrairahOxfam International
Oxfam International is a confederation of 12 organizations working together with over 3,000 partners in more than 100 countries to find lasting solutions to poverty, suffering and injustice. The Oxfams operate in over 100 countries worldwide working with local partners to alleviate poverty and injustice.

Third - a British Christian group originally.





Originally posted by ELahrairahnone of these groups push religion either

Why would any group push religion? Christian charities (World Vision, TEAR fund, Child Fund, etc don't..
Vicky



posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32
The majority of Christians have no issue with science or with Darwin.. Christians don't have to be creationists and most are not!


well I do not denounce Science, it is one thing I am quite interested in, and I myself do not deny Evolution, I just believe atheists (as stated in your quote) use evolution as a card or a stone to be thrown.

I also believe evolution can not explain what set the planets in motion, or actually began life on this planet for that matter, I guess it was a bolt of lightening striking a pool of goop and then something magical happened ?

Creation goes beyond Evolution, so please stop trying to make it seem like it all stops with evolution, when there are bigger and more interesting questions yet to be discovered...

edit on 1/18/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 


Agreed...omg, I just said that


Evolution has nothing to do with how life started or cosmology, finally that's clear. All it means is that the Genesis account is obviously wrong since humans did not pop up on earth in their current form...



posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 


Agreed...omg, I just said that


Evolution has nothing to do with how life started or cosmology, finally that's clear. All it means is that the Genesis account is obviously wrong since humans did not pop up on earth in their current form...


cool...

well it kind of means Genesis is more of a philosophical account for this same question science is in search of, I just think that back in the day before all this technology or when science wasn't there or could be proved or was even thought of being proven by experiment, this question was still around, and is still around in the one thing we have long possessed... independent freewill of thought.

I accept Evolution, no problem, and I adore and love philosophical science carried out via experiment, this science we speak of is just another way of looking at a philosophical question, which actually came first.

philosophy always asks the next question upon sciences new discoveries, science is used again to discover the answer, or better yet, the next philosophical question...


edit on 1/18/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 


Nobody is claiming that evolution is the stopping point of scientific knowledge. It's a narrow theory which, as I've explained to you several times before, explains biodiversity.

We have all sorts of other scientific theories to explain that other stuff. And there are plenty of well established scientific theories that creationism would have to contradict aside from evolution...though YEC has a lot more to work against than OEC.



posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 


Nobody is claiming that evolution is the stopping point of scientific knowledge. It's a narrow theory which, as I've explained to you several times before, explains biodiversity.

thanks for clearing that up for me, but would you remember me stating Darwin's Theory used as a weapon ? you could always dig through the mass history of this section and from even before I have arrived to find this truth... It is in videos made by supposedly professed atheists also. It is not even a card that can be played in the atheists arsenal.

we are way beyond that now, Evolution is but an aspect of something observed by all, but it does not stop there as atheism would seem to love to have it.



posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
an observed fact is Atheism's Missionaries try to use anything they can including theories, or attach themselves to other beliefs including Gnosticism, or even claiming Agnosticism in order to actively disprove with resentful "intent" that there is no God, by which the majority of consensus believes exists in the form of some type of deity.

Atheists are only out to disprove with this intention mainly Monotheism's deity only, which has quite a few definitions, but is mainly Love when it all comes down to it. I have yet to see videos or other were active atheistic missionaries are out to disprove the gods of India, or Wicca, Druidism, Jediism, Scientology, Satanism or other, ect... (insert your favorite besides Monotheism's God here)

it is quite a "rational" observation.


edit on 1/18/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 


Why do you keep assaulting this poor straw man?

No atheist in the world would claim that evolution is a stopping point on any issue beyond biodiversity. We have to continue scientific inquiry into all fields.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join