It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism's Missionaries

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'd like to say that Cosmic.Artifact has privately backed down from the debate, though he did it in the least honorable way possible, by repeatedly making it out to be my fault for, amongst other ridiculous reasons, not being 'open-minded' enough.

This is just a disgrace and a disappointment. It's also highly ironic, as the boisterous original challenge was not made by myself, but by Cosmic.Artifact. I continue to push him on the subject of the debate, but such pushes are met with claims of superiority from Cosmic.Artifact and ad hominem attacks against myself.

Of course, I really really wanted this debate to happen, but it seems that Cosmic.Artifact's word is about as good as any of his other claims. It's not backed up by anything other than his own hot air.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I've been away for a few days now, happy holidays to everyone who partakes in these crazy topics.

I've just been catching up with the threads Cosmic has added since I've been gone. Alas, I was truly hoping there wouldn't be any new ones to read through.

I can't believe we're still on the thought of atheism being a religious organization. And I can't believe that you (Cosmic) don't think that atheists contribute to charities all the time that help the world or people. What does it even matter if they are contributing to a secular or religious charity? They are still contributing.

I've worked food drives, volunteered at hospitals, helped at nursing homes, worked clothing drives, given to food and clothing drives, volunteered at animal shelters, given money to animal shelters, helped raise money for diseases, done cancer walks and fundraisers, help homeless people, etc. I'm an atheist and I've done all those things throughout my life, and here you are trying to label me (atheists) as bad people. Shame on you.

Please, I would LOVE to see this debate.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm disappointed, but not surprised, about a debate not taking place.

But then this kind of argumentation Artifact is an exponent of is seldom meant to be a qualitative dialogue. It's more like preaching AT people, and very, very carefully avoiding ANY point, where the preacher can or will be held responsible for his/her postulates.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Just read science related articles/books and learn about nature...that's all you need to become an atheist...or at least someone who sees Judea-christian religions as the blunder they are.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

well it still does not negate the fact that Atheism has a first Church and the United States government recognizes it as a religion... and they are free to preach it.

but the majority still is free enough to not believe it too, mainly because we remember and know just how big of a FAIL the church of Satanism was/is

boom boom tis ! -(that's a drum roll btw)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

So now atheism equals Satanism?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

nowhere did I say equals...

but I did allude to the similarities

the Anti-Christians are just afraid to man-up !

that's all folks...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
reply to post by MrXYZ

nowhere did I say equals...

but I did allude to the similarities

the Anti-Christians are just afraid to man-up !

that's all folks...

Who are those anti-Christians, lol? You do realize that atheists are defined as having a lack in belief in god in genreal, that includes all religions. We don't discriminate...they're all wrong until they manage to present evidence to the contrary, something none of them has done so far.

Also, I'm curious...what similarities does Satanism and atheism have?

edit on 13-1-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
I'm curious...what similarities does Satanism and atheism have?

well for starters they both have an "ism" attached to the end so that's a something...

Atheism only seems to attack Christianity, which Satan(ism) is based on...

Atheists are supposed to believe no one else or their God, yet they admire Buddhist or something like their philosophy... (religion is a philosophy btw)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
what is an "ism" ?

doctrine: a belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

well for starters they both have an "ism" attached to the end so that's a something...

Atheists are supposed to believe no one else or their God, yet they admire Buddhist or something like their philosophy... (religion is a philosophy btw)

What?!?!?!?

You make no sense at all.

You are so off base and uninformed.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

So now atheism equals Satanism?

Interesting - - since Satanism is a belief.

And Atheism is lack of belief or proven knowledge.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Well, let's have a look at your argument, shall we?

1) ism argument:

Ape
Rape

OMGOMGOMGOMG, they both end in "ape"....totally the same!!!

2) Atheists lack a belief in all gods, not just the Christian god...so that argument is wrong too.

3) Again, atheists don't "believe"....they're defined as having a LACK OF BELIEF. Not sure why you keep on claiming they believe when the very definition makes it clear they don't

What do you mean with "their god"...atheists have no gods! Also, some of us don't mind Buddhism because it's more of a philosophy than religion, they don't worship deities. I got no problem with philosophies or people interpreting religious scriptures philosophically. What I DO have a problem with is people taking things literally and completely disregarding reality by attacking evolution or things like the age of the earth. Those people are completely irrational and put doctrine over reality, which is sad.

This video highlights very well why a lot of atheists have less of a problem with Buddhism. Their religious leader openly states not to disregard new scientific discoveries just because they contradict religious doctrine. It's the very reason I believe Buddhism probably has the best chances of survival in its current form compared to Judea-Christian religions. Doesn't mean I agree with all Buddhist philosophies though

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

What?!?!?!?

You make no sense at all.

You are so off base and uninformed.

I believe that there are no beliefs...

that makes no sense at all, because Atheism is a belief, one in which I happen to not believe in...
edit on 1/13/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
note to viewers...

this is a topic about missionaries, mainly from the "Church of Atheism"

which is not a belief btw...

I so wish we had some real enlightened people around on ATS reminiscent of Einstein or Newton to comment on this.

circles I tell ya

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

2) Atheists lack a belief in all gods, not just the Christian god...so that argument is wrong too.

prove to me and the rest of us here then... via video and links even where these professed atheists attack anything other than christianity or any other version of god for that matter.

I should not even have replied to you because MIMS and SFX are much more worthy of debate, I like strong argument myself... not avoidance

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Merriam-Webster defines atheism as follows:

a disbelief in the existence of deity

The Wiki article is also very clear that atheist lack a believe in ALL deities not just the Christian god: LINK

I really have no idea what you're talking about or trying to prove here. Atheism clearly rejects all gods, not just the Christian god. Happy now?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

comon man... I want to see the video, you know like the plethora I have posted in this section where a professed atheists actually does not mention Monotheism's God.

I want to see one of these comedy stints from a Briton slamming Hindus or even Satanist for that matter.

please anything besides a flawed Wiki link...

one where they do not mention Jesus or maybe they do but also include the Hindus or other...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Why would you need a video if the VERY DEFINITION of the word "atheism" proves that you're laughably wrong?

I know you can read, so what's the problem?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
the straight up facts are... the majority of these videos are coming straight out of Britain where they are so afraid of radical Islam devouring them, they have to resort to saying they do not believe any of it.

but they are causing a backlash they were not smart enough to predict, and even compounding the hate from the radical Islams because they have no belief at all.

man-up !

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join