It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism's Missionaries

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

I believe that there are no beliefs...

that makes no sense at all, because Atheism is a belief, one in which I happen to not believe in...

Actually its not. Lack of any belief because their is no proof of the existence of a god - - - is not a belief.

There is no belief - - because there is nothing to believe.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Why would you need a video if the VERY DEFINITION of the word "atheism" proves that you're laughably wrong?

I know you can read, so what's the problem?

Wiki is a big problem... did you happen to edit it yourself to your favor ?

end of discussion with you my friend, I am getting quite bored of your avoidance.

that is until you find what I ask and seek in a video from atheists

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
because there is nothing to believe.

(I Believe) we can change anything...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

the straight up facts are... the majority of these videos are coming straight out of Britain where they are so afraid of radical Islam devouring them, they have to resort to saying they do not believe any of it.

but they are causing a backlash they were not smart enough to predict, and even compounding the hate from the radical Islams because they have no belief at all.

man-up !

And your proof that most of those videos come out of Britain is? FYI, I live in the UK, and apart from the terrorist attacks (which were a single incident) I haven't had any issues with radical Islam as you claim.

What's with your "man-up" btw? Man up to what?

So far you're just posting random OPINIONS without backing up your claims. Hell, one of your arguments is so laughable, it's hard to take you serious.

I mean, "ism" is the first evidence that you posted to show how satanism and atheism is related...so according to your logic, and ape is the same as rape. Beyond laughable, please keep posting, this is entertaining

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Why would you need a video if the VERY DEFINITION of the word "atheism" proves that you're laughably wrong?

I know you can read, so what's the problem?

Wiki is a big problem... did you happen to edit it yourself to your favor ?

end of discussion with you my friend, I am getting quite bored of your avoidance.

that is until you find what I ask and seek in a video from atheists

Wait, so you're accusing me of avoidance...and then refuse to discuss?? Oh the irony is strong in this one

It's not just Wiki saying it, the official dictionary definition backs it up!! Wanna question the dictionary too because it opposes your irrational beliefs?

And your main argument is that you'd prefer to have evidence in video form rather than text? Are you serious? Comon' dude, you can't be that ignorant

edit on 13-1-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

you fail completely at trolling...

still waiting on the video of atheists saying anything at all about Hindus or Satanists, Taoist, Sikhs, Wicca, ect...

ttyl

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

you fail completely at trolling...

still waiting on the video of atheists saying anything at all about Hindus or Satanists, Taoist, Sikhs, Wicca, ect...

ttyl

So now posting evidence against your irrational view is considered trolling, interesting

Look, this is an easy one. If you believe I'm trolling, report me to the mods and let them decide. Just keep in mind that in all my posts I'm always attacking your irrational beliefs by posting evidence against them, that's not the same as attacking you. Bust feel free to hit the "report" button

Again, the DICTIONARY DEFINITION of atheism PROVES that they reject ALL GODS!! For crying out loud, your attempt at ignoring the official dictionary of the English language is beyond ridiculous. Why would anyone need a video if the very definition proves how ridiculous and laughable your argument is?

If you're wondering why most of the videos you watch are debunking Christian myths, it's because those videos are in ENGLISH. And guess which religion is most prevalent in English speaking countries...wait for it...waaaaaait for it...CHRISTIANITY!

That doesn't mean I think your religion is more ridiculous than Islam or Hinduism...they're all flawed in that they make assumptions not based on rationality, logic, or evidence. And atheism, the rejection of a belief in deities, is a movement that acknowledges this fact...which is why they don't believe in any gods, including the Christian god.

Good luck in your ignorant quest of ignoring the official English dictionary. If your argument is that atheism is only against Christian beliefs, you must have really run out of arguments

edit on 13-1-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Where in the world is Atheism doing good by their fellow man...

Hey, be nice to Atheists. I love them, they speak more about God than any group of people I've ever met.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Yes, Sam Harris, the prominent atheist from America and naturalized American citizen Christopher Hitchens are talking about Britain...nope, no they aren't.

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Except that this is a silly statement, because we don't. We hardly talk about particular deities, internet discussions not withstanding. Unless, of course, you have evidence of atheists on average talking about deities more than evangelical Christians.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I believe you missed the full context of my quote...

the majority of these videos

and to further expand about the comment to NYT...

I believe I hear atheists (especially the ones who do the comedy stint videos and lectures) bring up Jesus and never any other deity. They also use the word God alot if not too much because they would have nothing to debate against if they did not.

I believe I understand where NYT is coming from...

for where would these great notable debaters be without something to debate against or say they do not believe in ?

very complex, but I believe you get my meaning ?

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
We hardly talk about particular deities

I have never seen the word "We" used so many times in my life than on ATS...

Michio used it like 50 times in the 6:mins of clips I posted yesterday even though the host was asking "him" and using words like ("your" theory) and (do "you" believe) in her questions.

edit on 1/14/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I swore that i will not answer in threads like that again,but WTH here goes.I'm an atheist and i'll answer your questions but you must answer my question afterwards,OK?

Where in the world is Atheism doing good by their fellow man and helping spread the real truth (or their truth) to others ? (like Theistic missionaries do)

Doing good to your fellow man is not a matter of religion or non-religion.In both sides there are good and bad people.
I respect what you believe(although i don't agree) and i will not try to turn you.I will debate with you if necessary,explain to you why i don't believe.If you feel that my reasons are good enough and you are convinced that i might be right,then it is YOUR problem,not mine.It also means that your belief is not that solid.

Where on the globe are they spreading the "good news" of discovering this truth that there is not a God or Gods ?

Nowhere.It's a different thing to state your opinion about your beliefs and a whole different thing to force your beliefs on people.There are no "missionaries" on atheism.Even the most die-hard atheists would never kill to make you believe.

If they are doing it (spreading the word and freeing people) where can we find this version of the Truth ?

You can find it in books,blogs,forums written by atheists.So,are you looking for a way to free yourself from your religion?Isn't it good enough for you anymore?You want to find someone to convince you that there is no god?I mean no disrespect but this is how the whole thread looks to me.

Now my question:
Why you keep throwing gas into the fire.It seems to me that you want to keep alive a war between theists and atheists at any cost.Do you really believe that by insulting others for their point of view they will change their minds and start believing in your god(or any god)?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Except that's incorrect. What about YouTube user Thunderf00t? Oh, he may be British but he lives somewhere in New York. In fact, what about YouTube's "Draw Mohammed Day"?

You made a silly statement based on anecdotal evidence.

I believe I hear atheists (especially the ones who do the comedy stint videos and lectures) bring up Jesus and never any other deity.

I've brought up Zeus, Odin, Krishna, and others. Even in conversations with you. But the point in bringing them up is lost because you're a Christian and already think those deities don't exist. If I were arguing with a Hindu, I'd bring up different deities. If I were arguing with a Muslim, I'd say "Allah". If I had to argue with a Pagan I'd bring up the appropriate deities as well.

The issue here is that we're mostly discussing Christianity on ATS rather than any other religion.

They also use the word God alot if not too much because they would have nothing to debate against if they did not.

We aren't debating against the character you refer to as "God", we're arguing against the idea that this character is a real thing.

Yet I don't.

for where would these great notable debaters be without something to debate against or say they do not believe in ?

Hmm..Christopher Hitchens would bugger off and do more journalism like he's done most of his life. In fact...I just realized that the debaters are primarily the Christian creationists. Like William Lane Craig, Kent Hovind, William Dembski, and others.

Not too complex, I totally get it. It's still wrong though.

Michio used it like 50 times in the 6:mins of clips I posted yesterday even though the host was asking "him" and using words like ("your" theory) and (do "you" believe) in her questions.

He was referring to those who share his scientific ideas. It's rare in the scientific community for an individual to completely originate their own concepts or to not gather a crowd of those who agree with them when you do. "We" in that instance referred to those who are postulating the same stuff he is.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Except that's incorrect. What about YouTube user Thunderf00t? Oh, he may be British but he lives somewhere in New York. In fact, what about YouTube's "Draw Mohammed Day"?

You made a silly statement based on anecdotal evidence.

I believe I hear atheists (especially the ones who do the comedy stint videos and lectures) bring up Jesus and never any other deity.

I've brought up Zeus, Odin, Krishna, and others. Even in conversations with you. But the point in bringing them up is lost because you're a Christian and already think those deities don't exist. If I were arguing with a Hindu, I'd bring up different deities. If I were arguing with a Muslim, I'd say "Allah". If I had to argue with a Pagan I'd bring up the appropriate deities as well.

The issue here is that we're mostly discussing Christianity on ATS rather than any other religion.

They also use the word God alot if not too much because they would have nothing to debate against if they did not.

We aren't debating against the character you refer to as "God", we're arguing against the idea that this character is a real thing.

Yet I don't.

Hmm..Christopher Hitchens would bugger off and do more journalism like he's done most of his life. In fact...I just realized that the debaters are primarily the Christian creationists. Like William Lane Craig, Kent Hovind, William Dembski, and others.

Not too complex, I totally get it. It's still wrong though.

He was referring to those who share his scientific ideas. It's rare in the scientific community for an individual to completely originate their own concepts or to not gather a crowd of those who agree with them when you do. "We" in that instance referred to those who are postulating the same stuff he is.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Except that's incorrect.

that's not entirely correct, and the rest of your post only attempts to change the subject...

I've brought up Zeus, Odin, Krishna, and others.

can you show me these videos of lecturers please ?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

I swore that i will not answer in threads like that again,but WTH here goes.I'm an atheist and i'll answer your questions but you must answer my question afterwards,OK?

Where in the world is Atheism doing good by their fellow man and helping spread the real truth (or their truth) to others ? (like Theistic missionaries do)

Doing good to your fellow man is not a matter of religion or non-religion.In both sides there are good and bad people.
I respect what you believe(although i don't agree) and i will not try to turn you.I will debate with you if necessary,explain to you why i don't believe.If you feel that my reasons are good enough and you are convinced that i might be right,then it is YOUR problem,not mine.It also means that your belief is not that solid.

I guess this is your opening statement and requires no response ?

Nowhere.It's a different thing to state your opinion about your beliefs and a whole different thing to force your beliefs on people.

and what do you believe you are doing by responding to this topic ?

There are no "missionaries" on atheism.

I agree, not the right type of missionaries anyway... what we do have are a bunch of Christian "only" attackers specially here on ATS. Atheism is so senseless they do not even have their game together well enough to practice what they preach is superior.

Also what I was saying about "good news" is... in atheists eyes the good news they like to bring to people in their video stints is [there are no gods]

Even the most die-hard atheists would never kill to make you believe.

mkay... that's good to know, but still makes absolutely no sense in your statement.

Oh and what was that you said about making me believe ? I thought atheists don't believe

You can find it in books,blogs,forums written by atheists.So,are you looking for a way to free yourself from your religion?Isn't it good enough for you anymore?

are you MrXYZ's brother ?

You want to find someone to convince you that there is no god?I mean no disrespect but this is how the whole thread looks to me.

well no one is doing a very good job, except at making themselves look really spoiled and ignorant in the videos they put out... did I mention self-centered ?

Now my question:
Do you really believe that by insulting others for their point of view they will change their minds and start believing in your god(or any god)?

not really worthy of a reply because you are just trying to throw something back that was thrown by your particular sect in the first place and is still being thrown en masse.

I do apologize if you feel defeated, I can not help you with that really...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Atheists are just dishonest people, not to mention the handfuls of other quite noticeable things about the people who attach themselves to this belief system and practice it or lecture it...

It does not matter what color a person is, nor does it matter what sexual orientation a person is... A human can be a Nazi or a Satanist, it doesn't matter... but one thing that is surely universally hated the world over in any belief system or even non-belief systems, is a liar.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Atheists are just dishonest people, not to mention the handfuls of other quite noticeable things about the people who attach themselves to this belief system and practice it or lecture it...

It does not matter what color a person is, nor does it matter what sexual orientation a person is... A human can be a Nazi or a Satanist, it doesn't matter... but one thing that is surely universally hated the world over in any belief system or even non-belief systems, is a liar.

^^^ Good example of why your last thread was moved to the "Off topic: Rant" section of the forum

Look, every single one of your last threads was nothing but you ranting about atheists, without ever bothering to back up your claims. Prove me wrong and start backing up your claims for a change!! That's not a personal attack on you by the way, I'm only attacking the ridiculous lack of content in your threads

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

^^^ Good example of why your last thread was moved to the "Off topic: Rant" section of the forum

no actually I posted the topic there...

Look, every single one of your last threads

yes these were my first and amateur topics posted in haste and in self defense... how many times do you have to hear it ? in every topic

now who is guilty of throwing that first stone again...

please XYZ you've got no game my man, I guess I am talking to you across these topics because it seems no one else will ?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

again, the topic you are referring to is "Atheists are little green-men" correct ?

if so I find it strangely ironic that atheists would have more "faith" in believing the unseen (aliens)

than they would believing that an actual man and historical figure existed, with a message of love !

ironic to the core !

let me repeat that...

it takes more "faith" to believe in aliens than it does to believe in Jesus

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Let's look at the facts, shall we?

1) You claim people are harming others in the name of Darwin...without providing any evidence to back up that claim.

2) You claim atheists are dishonest...again, without providing any proof.

3) You claim atheists lie...again, no proof whatsoever, just a laughable rant.

4) You claim they are "little green men"...I take it this was one of your drunk posts, but still, not the slightest bit of evidence.

5) You claim atheists are only attacking Christianity...again, no evidence whatsoever, but who needs facts and evidence, right?

6) You claim people accepting the theory of evolution do so based on belief, just like religious believers...obviously reality is different, but that doesn't matter since once again you fail horribly at providing any evidence to support your laughable claims.

In short: You create one laughable thread after the other with provocative titles, but fail horribly at backing up even one of your claims. I don't mind the entertainment, because I like to laugh, but you're doing your creationist brethren a horrible diservice as you make them look like a bunch of fools

But like I said, please continue, I like to laugh

PS: Also, I won't ask for evidence again because it's pretty clear by now you're only interested in ranting and don't really care about facts/reality/logic/rationality. So please, do us the favor and entertain us

The fact that you're so hateful against atheists means that you must really feel threatened...you so insecure in your faith?
edit on 14-1-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join