It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Islam becomes the dominate world religion would you convert?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Islam is growing fast, within the next few decades (or sooner) it will probably the the dominate religion in the world. Would you convert to it if and when this does happen?

Islam has already surpassed Catholicism in number of adherents. Source We're going to see a paradigm shift in our life time, whether it be for the good or for the bad.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

I dont necessarily agree with basing ones beliefs off of others in the first place, let alone which one is the most "popular".

So, my answer is no

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Islam is not a religion. It is a cult. A death cult, at that.

Islamic "teachings" are nothing more than occult indoctrination...they teach the intentional infliction of pain, hate, intolerance and death.

There will NEVER be a dominant Islam. It belongs rotting in the dung-heap of history.

You can take that to the bank.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

No
Why?
Because any thing that tells me I must believe in a mystical force to save myself and is a point of view put together by a select few. Sounds more like a cult than a religion as is most religions plus I dont like things that puts a man on his knees.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The way things are going,I don't think it will take decades for it to become the dominate religion. Scare factor and herd-mentality alone seem to be pushing it on a path to becoming dominant in a matter of years. My only hope it that I'll die before I'm faced with a self-righteous,angry mob demanding that I convert or be killed.

S$F

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I am not religious, in the terms of following a sect. I never have bought into these regulated belief systems.

But this information is totally new to me. I will most definitely convert to Islam just because of it's growing popularity. The real question is, do they have Islam for dummies?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

If Islam becomes the dominate world religion would you convert?

Nope. The reason for that is that religion is not a popular--contest. It´s something that you place your beliefs, because they express you.

Peace

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Even if you wouldn't convert to Islam for intellectual reasons would you convert for socio-economical reasons? What if being Muslim was the only way to get a decent job and housing? Or what if being a Muslim would make your social situation better because of it?

When Islam becomes the dominate religion in an area it institutes what is called dhimmi. Which makes anyone non-Muslim inferior and puts them at a disadvantage. They also have to pay a jizya tax so they can live and practice their faith.

Wouldn't it be easier just to convert to Islam so you'd have the same socio-economic benefits as the rest of the dominate religion/people in society?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
From what I see these days, we had a remembrance parade that remembers all of our fallen soldiers by the symbolic poppy from all of our conflicts, including WW1 and WW2.

Muslims ruined a moment of silence by shouting 'British soldiers burn in hell'. For those reasons I would never convert or support Islam.

Simply Youtube, 'Islam poppy hate' and you will get so much hate from this religion about our traditions and symbols.

I honestly believe it is one of the all time worst religions on the planet.

I'm an athiest anyway so I would not convert as I wouldn't see the point.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

nicely said!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Even if you wouldn't convert to Islam for intellectual reasons would you convert for socio-economical reasons? What if being Muslim was the only way to get a decent job and housing? Or what if being a Muslim would make your social situation better because of it?

Tricky question actually. In my opinion that depends, if you have family and kids, is definetaly tough. But if you are alone, i think the answer still would been no, in my opinion.

When Islam becomes the dominate religion in an area it institutes what is called dhimmi. Which makes anyone non-Muslim inferior and puts them at a disadvantage. They also have to pay a jizya tax so they can live and practice their faith.

I think that happens when a country been invaded and been dominated by muslims. It happened at the past so yeah it´s true the jizya tax.

Wouldn't it be easier just to convert to Islam so you'd have the same socio-economic benefits as the rest of the dominate religion/people in society?

Sure would be easier, but again that depends. If you have a family and kids, it´s very difficult.

Peace

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Aint gonna have a choice to decide Im a thinking

www.youtube.com...

Or do we just get used to the food... What no more pizza ?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjsmi2

We always have a choice, even if that choice results in death. We are not victims.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
NO. Why would you? Why do people seem to think one religion is better than another? It amazes me how the core values of most religions (i.e. "the golden rule") are lost on its followers.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjsmi2

www.youtube.com...

Or do we just get used to the food... What no more pizza ?

I don't see why we couldn't have pizza. Just no pepperoni made with pork, and no sausage lol.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
islam is a death sentence for us "infidels", if islam EVER gained enough power to take over and become the "world religion" they wouldnt even think about trying to convert us. it would be mass genocide and war! i live in a very rural area... and i know FOR A FACT nobody within a 30 mile radius is interested in their wives wearing a burka, or losing our constitutional rights! there would be a HUGE war and the power struggle would NEVER stop.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
NO. Why would you? Why do people seem to think one religion is better than another? It amazes me how the core values of most religions (i.e. "the golden rule") are lost on its followers.

It's happened in the past with Christianity. Pagans and Jews converted to avoid being subjugated by Christendom. Converting made their life easier and avoid persecution. I don't see why it wouldn't happen again with a different religion. Egypt use to be pagan, then Christian, and now Islamic. Culture and religion can shift with politics.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Any form of spiritual belief system is internal to the individual. I can go into a church, mosque or any religious building and practice my own beliefs and not feel threatened.

If for social reasons and to provide for my wife and child I would have to wear a beard and face Mecca every day so be it, but I would still hold the beliefs I hold now.

At the end of the day isn't it what we already do? Don't we worship at the alter of the £ $ etc even though we disagree with the system that supports it. We are slaves to some form of control mechanism all the time, we are not independent or self sufficient, anyone who reads this and believes they are, are just kidding themselves.

It will not happen, well not without a tremendous amount of bloodshed.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Those whose beliefs are up for sale to the highest bidder likely never had faith in the first place.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WJjeeper
islam is a death sentence for us "infidels", if islam EVER gained enough power to take over and become the "world religion" they wouldnt even think about trying to convert us. it would be mass genocide and war! i live in a very rural area... and i know FOR A FACT nobody within a 30 mile radius is interested in their wives wearing a burka, or losing our constitutional rights! there would be a HUGE war and the power struggle would NEVER stop.

If you look at history Islamic forces usually offer a chance for the area they are invading to convert before facing war. I don't think Islam will become a dominate religion in America by force, it will happen with immigration and peaceful conversion. It's already happening, you can Google growth statistics for people converting to Islam in America. Even priest, preachers, scientists, etc converting on their own free will.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join