It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Islam becomes the dominate world religion would you convert?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WJjeeper

I agree. 20K is not a large number. This seems like a fear tactic more than a real question.

Islam is not going to be the majority in the US in my lifetime or my children's lifetime. It simply won't happen. The numbers just aren't there.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Right now Muslims make up 0.6% of the population in America. Buddhist make up 0.7% (Yay!) Jewish 1.7%, religions.pewforum.org...

There are any where from 4 to 8 million Muslims in America www.islamfortoday.com... but there is 310 million people living in the US www.census.gov... So it would take a long while for Islam to become the dominate religion it seems, if it ever does. I think Europe will succumb to the Islamic Beast before we do.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
reply to post by johnyelland1234

Also strange considering how many muslims died fighting alongside the British in World War I and II.

Even stranger is THAT being a reason to not convert to Islam

They died in WW1 & 2 and were Indian Muslims.

The reason I stated for not converting to Islam is a sound one. If you were in the UK you'd see what I mean.

Council estates full of Muslim children carrying knifes and committing hate crimes against the UK people, Muslims have brought nothing but crime to the UK and are demanding that the UK be declared as a Islamic state.

When they protest about the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, saying that the soldiers who gave their life for their country should burn in hell and that 'Jesus was actually Muhammad', why should that make me want to convert?

If I was on the internet burning a Qu'ran or saying that Muhammad was a false prophet, I would be in serious trouble, yet they can do whatever they want.

Islam is a cult, full of people that have twisted and sick beliefs.
---------------------------------

I realize that Muslims died in WW1 and 2, (combined which was 400,000). THAT is not the reason I wouldn't convert and you took it out of context in your reply, I wouldn't convert because of what they are doing in the UK NOW, not that they fought alongside England. These Muslims of today most likely don't know about it and are protesting against the war, but it's HOW they protest and it's aimed more so at the British people. Don't get me wrong it's nothing personal and there ARE good Muslims out there, but the situation in the UK is very bad, and no one wants to stop them as they might appear discriminative.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Strange that because I know for a fact that the Palestinians are looking after the large ANZAC cemetary in Israel and is probably one of the most beautiful cemetaries in all of Israel.

On researching, these are Australian Graves not British (electronicintifada.net...)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

TinFoilHatMan55

Nope no way. For me that would be committing eternal life suicide. I'm not worried as they could kill me of this life but eternal life they cannot touch.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
so did everyone really forget about what happened to Nick Berg? Jack Hensley? Eugene Armstrong? all beheaded in the name of ALLAH? the God i know does NOT approve of killing for believing differently. muslims cannot go around saying that their religion is non violent! go look up some of these names. thats like me trying to say christianity is and has always been a non-violent religion. when you try and get organized religion into things it just screws EVERYTHING up. IMO there is a huge difference between following christ and being a "proclaimed christian". i can say, "i believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins and yours" without having to follow a group of greedy, blasphemous, or otherwise malignant people.

i dont believe that islam should exist, it has perverted itself for much to long and it is to far gone. i do however think people should be able to seek "ALLAH" any way they please. as long as they are not harming people doing so. which i will say again ISLAM is famous for.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WJjeeper

Christ never advocating killing people. When his apostles asked if they should call down the fires from heaven to destroy towns that didn't accept their message Christ said NO! Muhammad on the other hand started wars and beheaded people.

Christ is the Prince of Peace, Muhammad the Prophet of War. So when wars and violence are acted out in the name of Christianity they aren't following Christ because he said love your enemies and those who live by the sword die by the sword. Muhammad actively sought out to rob and butcher non-Muslims if they didn't convert. So Islamist are follow Muhammad's example, which is demonic.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

There are extremists in EVERY religion around the world. In regards to Islam, like Christianity and Judiasm, there are so many different breakaway groups all claiming they are superior and their way is the only way. You have factions in the Middle East, Europe, Africa and Indonesia however only those in the Middle East are fluent in Arabic and yet many of them are uneducated and illiterate anyhow and could'nt possibly read the Qu'ran in all it's intirity anyhow, if at all. Then you have the two main groups, Sunni and Shi'ite fighting among themselves and blowing eachother up.

Yes, Islamic extremists have beheaded and murdered in cold blood plenty of their own brethen as well as Christians and Jews however it was'nt all that long ago Christians did likewise including burning people to the stake. The Jews are not innocent either, they too had their bloodied wars in past history among their own and in more modern times I believe there were at least 100,000 of them joined the Nazis in their campaign against the Jews.

The large populations of Muslims in Caucasian countries are a very real worry however I strongly believe they will never succeed in a takeover.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

exactly my point, i think maybe i misunderstood your point of view on things at first. fact is though, there is no way islam can convert enough people to "rule the world". they may gain power and take over massive parts of politics (look who the US president is... Barrack Hussein Obama). it doesnt matter what religion, there is always the elitists that WILL ALWAYS rule the world.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I believe I would not convert as Islam would not be possible in USA or a government institution run by it... In America we have separation of Church and State and it would have to be something like an all out land assault for Islam to, as the OP has stated 'dominate' I believe on the other hand europeans, namely British are feeling a certain heat that we will never have to worry about here.

I have two Muslims in my family, one from Egypt and another from Pakistan, they are married to family members of mine and have children ect... I believe most people on the internet get totally the wrong idea about what we here in America represent, we represent respect for all religions and I myself have had two different Muslim girlfriends in the not to distant past.

I also feel alot of American or other whom do not live in metropolitan areas have not seen how well Muslims assimilate under American law and freedoms, there is a major misconception going on (or is there really?) by a small group of Islamophobes who have not interacted enough with the Islamic peoples... Muslims are very much like we used to be before this country was formed and when Britain lived under a church state rule.

It is not the Islamic people it is their rulers and dictators which must be removed and puppet governments set up or so be it, Muslims love America man that's all I can say really.. I am a white 37 year old male grown up on Heavy Metal and I used to have long hair and all that jazz but one thing is for sure, there is some major misconception going on out there as even evidenced by the title of this topic, none the less I had to give my input. We are all brothers and sisters and aunties and uncles in a way so do not fear what one does not understand, instead go out and seek knowledge of it then find the truth you seek.

Respect all Religions

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
except Atheism of course

I believe our philosophy on the Monotheistic faith has been what has enabled this country to establish itself and do in such a short time on histories stage what no other country has done before it. There have been too many great things come out of our philosophies to just dismiss this off... Our version of it does in fact dominate because it is closer to the truth and more so advanced.

but don't tell anyone I said that, or let alone be the president of the United States then get on the news and tell others that either...
edit on 12/27/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I personally would not convert to any religion, the day they force me is the day i die or find a band of freedom free thinkers and start the fight back.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maarhuis
I personally would not convert to any religion, the day they force me is the day i die or find a band of freedom free thinkers and start the fight back.

instead convert to the truth then... I do not believe anyone is out to convert you personally, for we are no longer in the dark ages. Some would say religion is but a path to redemption and religion is unnecessary but I do not think so, instead it is all ones perception of it that is reflecting like a mirror. Thinking is the deception... but living instead and for others is the truth.
edit on 12/28/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

OMG.......do you know who the ANZACs are????? They were NOT British! Who said they were British? The ANZACs were Australian and New Zealand diggers in WW1 and WW2.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Personally can't see it happening, much as some might like to wish it so.... even caged as an "if"

We (in this neck of the woods) have been butting heads with Rome for the better part of 1,600 years over them trying to dominate and dictate their viewpoint using every method possible ranging from invasion, to economic enslavement to stupid PC laws...

If none of that has worked for the last 1,600 years how on earth is Islam going to be a success where Rome has failed *shakes head*

Tho back to the worlds of "if"... Islam would also have to become one cohesive religion rather than a fractured grouping to make it any kind of real threat.
edit on 28/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

You should probably give this a read

5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam

In response to the OP though, I can see atheism becoming more and more common as science progresses further. If we finally discover the origin of the universe and it turns out it wasn't gods work, would anyone believe in religion any more?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

OMG.......do you know who the ANZACs are????? They were NOT British! Who said they were British? The ANZACs were Australian and New Zealand diggers in WW1 and WW2.

I don't understand, I said they were Australians and not British. You then replied to my post reiterating the point, how was I incorrect?

What does Palestinians looking after a ANZAC grave have to do with the level of Muslim Extremists in the UK? Absolutely nothing thats what.

I would not convert to any religion, but especially Islam, BECAUSE OF THE SITUATION IN THE UK and from what i've seen. Most of the Muslims causing problems over here are born in the UK, but end up joining a fad that we are enemies of Islam and blah blah blah.

If I could put all muslims on a boat tomorrow and ship them back to the middle east where these practices of Islam are the norm then I would. It wouldn't matter if they were born in the UK or converted later on.

I'll give you an example, I was in an airport wearing military uniform, picking someone up. As I waited I had some middle eastern muslim come up to me and start threatening me and screaming that I was evil and that he was going to kill me. He was ejected from the airport pretty quickly but it happens all the time. In Peterborough, the military were banned from wearing uniform in the city, because ungrateful losers like these throw stones and hurl abuse at them.

Islam = Trouble and I can't be bothered with a load of sponging trouble makers that ruin it for the rest of them.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by MMPI2

You should probably give this a read

5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam

I don't need some lame-o propaganda piece to know what I have had the misfortune of seeing, hearing and witnessing in person.

What I know is that "islam" is a scourge on the civilized world.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
No - Definately not.

I would kill myself first. (before they do)

Islam is a joke, and belongs in the toilet next to its twin brother Richard the 3rd,

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Read my thread, it may bring back some quite unfond moments showing what islam is capable of.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

WARNING graphic video contained in thread, not recommended for all audiences.

not showing what islam IS, but what it is CAPABLE of.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join