It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Islam becomes the dominate world religion would you convert?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by johnyelland1234

I'm sorry if you think I took your post out of context, I was just responding to what you said:

Originally posted by johnyelland1234
From what I see these days, we had a remembrance parade that remembers all of our fallen soldiers by the symbolic poppy from all of our conflicts, including WW1 and WW2.

Muslims ruined a moment of silence by shouting 'British soldiers burn in hell'. For those reasons I would never convert or support Islam.

You have been giving tenuous and weak reasoning throughout, this is all I was pointing out. Just because some person came out to you and "started threatening and screaming" at you, doesn't make all muslims, or Islam in general evil, nor does it make sensible or logical your desire to "ship them all back to the middle east where they belong, even if they were not born there" (kinda similar to the behaviour of certain Europeans towards jews in the last century, no?).

reply to post by WJjeeper

It also shows what racism and bigotry is capable of. One of those links in that thread of yours (the document reality one) had the videos posted on a forum. While the videos themselves didn't work, many of the responses seriously made me sad. "Towel-heads", "Rag-heads", "bloody arabs", "WHY DOESN'T SOMEONE NUKE THEM?!", "Gimme a red button so I can send them all to hell", and these are just the tamer ones, from only the first 2 pages. I tried reading further, but the site apparently wants me to pay to visit it.

I'm not sure, but this thread here also seems to be serving a similar purpose, albeit in a more subtle way ("if I could put them all on a boat and ship them back to the middle east tomorrow, I would, it doesn't matter if they were born in the UK or were converts" being an example). I mean, I seriously don't get the point of this thread, unless it is just to have a platform for a bunch of guys to rally around to say "I WOULD NEVER CONVERT!" or "Over my cold, dead, jesus believing body" or some such thing.

"If Christianity becomes the dominate[sic] world religion would you convert"? Hint: It already is, and answer: no, you would not.
"If Hinduism becomes the dominant world religion would you convert"? Hint: It is the dominant religion in India, and guess what, for about 400 million people, the answer is no.
"If Islam was the dominant world religion would you convert"? Hint: It was dominant (this time in terms of power) in India for over 500 years, and guess what...for most of the population, the answer was "No".
edit on 31-12-2010 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I will not switch what I believe just because it's the "dominate" religion I will stand up for what I believe and no one can change that.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Well, I dont need to justify my opinion.

This not the only instance of trouble with muslims, from what i've seen they make trouble and i'm tired of seeing on the news that extremist radicals have yet again spoilt another english tradition.

These people have no manners and go wherever they want and don't respect the current laws of the country they go to.

Durham a couple of years back had Xmas ruined because a Muslim community complained that they found xmas to be offensive. As such the city had no decorations, and people weren't allowed to have xmas trees or decorations outside their houses.

Is that fair?

--------------------------

Rather than deal with the offending individuals, i'd rather just get rid of all of them. The muslim problem in this country is costing the tax payer Millions each year. Considering only a fraction of them have jobs, yes, the tax payer is paying for them to stay in this country free of charge and they bitch and moan about it.

That is why I wouldn't convert to islam, and before you say 'that isn't a good reason', it's a damn fine reason.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Well, I dont need to justify my opinion.

You certainly don't. At the moment, it is nothing more than a non-authority figure citizen saying what you feel. I could say that "I hate the colour blue because the sky is blue", and wouldn't need to justify that in any way. At that point it would be just talk, even if it was narrowminded and silly. When I start talking about how I'd have all blue things burnt tomorrow if possible, then people will start taking notice, and oppose me. When I gain the ear of some authority figure or person in power (or somehow become one myself), then one would have to be set for some dangerousness.

This not the only instance of trouble with muslims, from what i've seen they make trouble and i'm tired of seeing on the news that extremist radicals have yet again spoilt another english tradition.

This was one of the reason I brought up the muslims who fought alongside the British. If you are bringing up random unrelated incidents involving some poppy protest and "ruining of christmas" (how exactly did they ruin it? Do you have a link from some news site? Or some keywords I can search on my own?) as an example of why you'd like to "just get rid of these people", why can't I bring up examples of muslims fighting alongside british to show that you are talking nonsense?
edit on 31-12-2010 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
here is some reading for you:

nation.foxnews.com...

www.jihadwatch.org...

sheikyermami.com...

focusuk.wordpress.com...

www.examiner.com...

---------------

Are you a resident of the UK? I don't think you realise the amount of muslims in the UK or how they behave.

I'd like to know, as I bet you've never driven through a muslim area like peterborough or London, a huge council estate with the majority on the dole and with their shops that are all in arabic.

Islam is a viral religion and wants nothing more than to conquer the world by any means necessary.

I also this you need to read up about our poppy day, as you obviously don't know what its about:

en.wikipedia.org...

This wasn't about poppies, they decided to start their hate campaign on the day we mourn our dead soldiers who've lost thier lives around the world.

There's no need to act like a bunch of ungrateful ingrates at a time like this.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 31-12-2010 by johnyelland1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Errr...none of those links (and they're hardly news sites) mention anything about Christmas being ruined a few years back in Durham because muslims found it offensive.

And I know what Remembrance day is. And yes, I've lived in London for a time (don't anymore). I'm sure it has many muslims, although I wouldn't know. It certainly has many africans, and many eastern europeans and polish people. They all have their own culture to show- I've had a muslim waitress serve me in an Italian restaurant, and I've had an eastern european waitress serve me in a lebanese restaurant. This didn't send me into a fit of seething rage- just made me smile a bit and marvel at the cultural diversity of the UK.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
They also have to pay a jizya tax so they can live and practice their faith.

That sounds HORRIBLE!

As it sits now, we can masterbate whenever we like, tax free.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Why would those people send you in a fit of seething rage? They are people with jobs and are playing a part in society, and not standing on a street trying to push their beliefs on people and changing the way we live.

Over the years the muslim population has grown dramatically and has evolved over the recent years.

I know many eastern Europeans and polish people and they do try to get jobs and work. In fact I lived in Kings Lynn where there is a huge polish and Romanian presence and I know quite a few of them. They wont come up to you in the street and cause trouble and they all have jobs or are trying to find work.

This is nothing against all the Islam followers, but against the people who decide that they can come to the UK by choice, stay on the dole and then condemn the british people for being british.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join