It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Annee

Oh impotent. lol. I thought he said important. No I am most certainty not impotent lol.

Thought that was the case.

Since you responded with the word important.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Also that's exactly how I am presenting it. You're born blank, and chemical processes fill in what you should do based on what you learn. It's a primate trait. It's why we learn from our parents and create culture. You can listen to it or ignore it.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I have a variety of herbs on hand that I take from time to time as the mood strikes me, because they have a noticeable effect on how I feel, mood, energy and whatever. It is not an everyday thing.

There are some things that affect me sexually, making me much more interested in women, which is not where I necessarily want to go.

Ha, ha. That is chemistry too, but I think you put too much emphasis on this. We have physical bodies that pretty much function on the level of chemical and electrical/energy interactions. That is all true.

But there is much, much more to being human than the body. If the soul and spirit are nothing more than chemistry, well I just don't see the point of it all then.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Also that's exactly how I am presenting it. You're born blank, and chemical processes fill in what you should do based on what you learn. It's a primate trait. It's why we learn from our parents and create culture. You can listen to it or ignore it.

I know - - and that's why we will not be discussing it. There is no point because I flat out do not agree.

Next question: do you have gay tendencies?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If the whole planet was gay, we'd get nowhere.

Maybe being gay is a rogue genetic thing, which isolates 'weaker' genes, and causes a chemical reaction, making them attracted to their own sex in a bid to dissolved the weaker genes?

The one's who ARE gay are less likely to reproduce and thus ending a chain of weak genes?

Just a theory.

Another thing, if we're talking about EQUAL rights - then why can't people equally have the right to NOT like homosexuality?

Or do equal rights only apply to the minority? And thus, NOT equal?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

It's science. Cold, hard, no soul, etc etc. That's what science is. You may not like how oblique, machine like the body is, but that is exactly what it is. A machine. Up until about 50,000 years ago, humans did not even have spirit or soul concepts. That's 150,000 years of such a way. Your "point of it all" comment is the origins of religion. We create reasons to live, when in fact, the sad truth is the only biological point of existence is to eat, poop, and mate. Ah, where does it relate to the topic? Homosexuality is a derivative of the social nature of sex. It creates a bond of trust, if you will. The most primitive understanding of marriage. Homosexuality was popular in ancient Rome because of the trustworthy aspect of it, and the brotherhood mentality of them. Men who trusted each other had sex and pleasure with each other. That was the understanding of it. 2000 years later, what it's become is so clouded in personal opinion and culture and moral bullcrap. The simple fact is this. You have the right to do what you want. I don't want the government saying anything or doing anything in this regard. That's why I don't support state sponsored marriages period. Personally, the only reason why I see homosexuality as wrong is because of it's simple "wrong" nature to it. Then people say that love is love period. But that's not love. If sex is what you associate with love then that's wrong. Hell, that's why I just flat out shut the whole system down in me. Because I don't want sex to be the be all and end all of love. Sex comes from love. And it goes into what evolution made it to be. Now, you can do whatever you want however you want and I'm not going to stop you. I'm just going to remind you that you're doing it wrong.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I have to disagree with you on being "born blank". They used to teach that in psychology courses back in the 70's, but it definitely is not true.

You are apparently ignoring genetic make-up. You inherit more than the color of your eyes and hair. Things like disposition, aptitudes and yes, basic sexual orientation are greatly affected by the genetic information you inherit. That is where you start in life - not blank but with many basic traits - some things can be affected thru life experiences, but basically you are who you are from the time you are born. Your information and knowledge change, but your basic makeup does not.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

What does that even mean? Gay tendencies? As I said, lots of thoughts happen during puberty that are perfectly normal. Many disgusting, many wtf, many interesting. I was raised and felt disgusted by homosexuality. Thus, when thoughts like that came, the mind already saw it as disgusting, so it shut it down. People are raised differently. People are programmed differently. When people enter puberty, every single imaginable thought gets pumped through the brain for a nearly a decade. Because the brain has to define its terms for the rest of age. Ergo, because I was taught that was disgusting, my brain did not much time on thinking about it. It was pre-programmed by my parents, culture, and entire life around me.

If you're asking if I'm girly at times, indeed I am. Don't see much wrong in that.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
If the whole planet was gay, we'd get nowhere.

Maybe being gay is a rogue genetic thing, which isolates 'weaker' genes, and causes a chemical reaction, making them attracted to their own sex in a bid to dissolved the weaker genes?

The one's who ARE gay are less likely to reproduce and thus ending a chain of weak genes?

Just a theory.

Another thing, if we're talking about EQUAL rights - then why can't people equally have the right to NOT like homosexuality?

Or do equal rights only apply to the minority? And thus, NOT equal?

Equal Rights is not about Like or Dislike.

There are many genetic difference in all forms of life. Some I suppose can be intentional and some just happen.

Gays are humans fully normal in all ways - - physically - - mentally - - etc. There is nothing wrong with their productive organs.

The fact they were born attracted to same sex - - does not interfere with being a fully functioning human being. It may be a difference - - but it is not a defect.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

What does that even mean? Gay tendencies? As I said, lots of thoughts happen during puberty that are perfectly normal. Many disgusting, many wtf, many interesting. I was raised and felt disgusted by homosexuality.

In my opinion - - there is a reason one chooses to participate in a gay discussion.

I was immersed into a gay group at work. I bonded with them. That is my reason.

You said something in another thread - - which is why I asked if you have gay tendencies.

You seem to be going to quite an extent to convince yourself you don't.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

It;s different than that. Those dispositions are there to give you options. otherwise you'd not have any personality. No struggles, no skills, etc etc. They have to be there for you to start somewhere. One example, It is very likely I have perfect pitch. It runs in my family. But I chose to ignore that trait and forget about any sort of musical instrument to be learned. Today I realize that was a dumb decision, but what's done is done. The trait never was built on and so it's just not being used. It's a useless appendage. Never used it. A skill there, but never turned into anything. I think that's what makes us unique. And even more unique is our ability to decide to listen to them or not. Evolutionarily, this is how a new trait is developed. Say a horse starts trying to climb up a tree to eat something. It may pass that culture onward, even though it is totally useless and there is no way to be successful. Eventually, millions of years later, a mutation may happen randomly that enables a tiny bit of success. Because the gene and external behavior are present, are there, it actually gets selected. natural selection then chooses the trait if it is useful in conjecture to the behavior. Eventually the genes specialize as natural selection selects better ones over some millions of years. had the horse never started that cultural external behavior, the mutation, when it happened, would be useless, and may have died off.

Evolutionarily, homosexuality is understandable, as it increased trust, and therefore better social packs.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

People are born with different colour eyes, different colour hair, and different sexuality. You are free to not like red hair, or brown eyes, but you don't have a right to tell a red-head to change her hair colour.

You can not like homosexuality, but you have no right to tell one that they are wrong and should "change". I personally do not care about your opinions on sexuality -- you are free to have whatever opinion you want, just don't try and tell me that I have to change a trait I was born with. That is where the line is drawn.

Get it?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

THANK YOU!!!

Seems many people do NOT understand what real friendship is. ...How did codependence and control issues get so bloody rampant? And so socially acceptable despite the intrinsic hypocrisy?

Wha' hoppened?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Depends on what you mean by what they are. Like I said, if acting girly sometimes is one, then yes I do. But that's not a homosexual tendency to me. I think homosexual activities, the sexual ones, the real stuff, is incredibly disgusting. To quote the meme "but I poop from there". It's just gross. bacteria, crap, waste. Why would you do that? Same with the rest of the lot. men are disgusting. I am disgusting. We are hairy ugly fat creatures of anger and stupidity. It's just gross.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Hmm.

What's disgusting is people who think they have the right to judge other people.

imho

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Depends on what you mean by what they are. Like I said, if acting girly sometimes is one, then yes I do. But that's not a homosexual tendency to me. I think homosexual activities, the sexual ones, the real stuff, is incredibly disgusting. To quote the meme "but I poop from there". It's just gross. bacteria, crap, waste. Why would you do that? Same with the rest of the lot. men are disgusting. I am disgusting. We are hairy ugly fat creatures of anger and stupidity. It's just gross.

Not all gays have anal sex. Some gays also find it disgusting. Using anal sex as a reason is invalid.

You have avoided directly answering my question.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I told you. The rest of the ways are equally disgusting. Because another man is there. Ergo, it's disgusting. Women... can't quite say what it is. They are simply pretty.

reply to post by soficrow

No. Everyone judges. You just judged me. Depends on how you act on that. I won't. Would you?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Oh my..

It seems in this day and age nobody can have an opinion anymore without being branded a bigot, racist, facist, homophobic, islamaphobic, far right thug, far right extremist, scum, nazi.

Freedom of speech is slowly but surely dieing.

Just because i dont agree with Homosexuals or Religions does not make me a bad person.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Hmm.

What's disgusting is people who think they have the right to judge other people.

imho

That works both ways.

Don't judge someone to be a wicked evil person if they do not agree with homosexuals

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

men are disgusting. I am disgusting. We are hairy ugly fat creatures of anger and stupidity. It's just gross

Ahhhh. I am beginning to understand your choice to be celibate.

There are things that are good to talk about,

and then there are things that are best "experienced" and not talked about so much.

Sex is one of them IMHO.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join