It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Cool your boots sunshine!

Did I ever tell anyone to change, or are you putting incorrect and acidic words into my mouth? I merely stated an opinion, which you have chosen to twist and exaggerate and downright lie about.

Unacceptable behaviour and quite childish.

Either debate like adults and listen to each other, or refrain from taking part in a discussion if you're going to lie and fabricate answers.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by Gorman91

Hmm.

What's disgusting is people who think they have the right to judge other people.

imho

You're judging HIS opinion, so does that make you disgusting too?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Just because i don't agree with Homosexuals or Religions does not make me a bad person.

Who asked you to agree?

Here is what this thread is about . . . . I have gay friends but . . . "if you were really a friend, you would not want that person to have fewer rights than you do, and/or have that person feel like a social outcast, and/or have anything but happiness in their lives and to be able to share that life with the person of their choice".

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Oh my..

It seems in this day and age nobody can have an opinion anymore without being branded a bigot, racist, facist, homophobic, islamaphobic, far right thug, far right extremist, scum, nazi.

Freedom of speech is slowly but surely dieing.

Just because i dont agree with Homosexuals or Religions does not make me a bad person.

Bravo. Starred. Finally somebody with a degree of intelligence and wisdom as opposed to a reactionary, closed-minded opinion.

You have every right to say what you like, sadly politically correct types seem to think they are high and mighty and foolishly believe they have the moral ground covered.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Better question. Who isn't disgusting to some degree. haven't found that person yet. Hope she's a girl.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Oh my..

It seems in this day and age nobody can have an opinion anymore without being branded a bigot, racist, facist, homophobic, islamaphobic, far right thug, far right extremist, scum, nazi.

Just because i dont agree with Homosexuals or Religions does not make me a bad person.

It can be frustrating when someone claims to "disagree" with something when it is obvious they lack sufficient, quality knowledge with which to form said opinion. Sometimes their opinion is based on mis-information, such as what some religion has to say. That is even worse.

In the end tho, you are free to hold any opinion you like on this matter of sexual orientation. The only time you will get into hot water is if you start suggesting that homosexuals have to change their stripes and not be that way anymore. I don't really care about your opinions until you start foisting them on me and expecting the impossible -- for me to change the way I was born.

Have your opinion. State your opinion. But if its both flawed and hurtful, expect some retort.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The problem we have is that with Homosexuals they seem to announce it all the time.

Whats with Gay Pride Parades? Really? Your Gay, fine, no need to parade down the street.

And then the old "We are being oppressed sob story comes into play"

My message to Gay people.

Stop feeling sorry for yourselves

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

Oh my..

It can be frustrating when someone claims to "disagree" with something when it is obvious they lack sufficient, quality knowledge with which to form said opinion. Sometimes their opinion is based on mis-information, such as what some religion has to say. That is even worse.

In the end tho, you are free to hold any opinion you like on this matter of sexual orientation. The only time you will get into hot water is if you start suggesting that homosexuals have to change their stripes and not be that way anymore. I don't really care about your opinions until you start foisting them on me and expecting the impossible -- for me to change the way I was born.

Have your opinion. State your opinion. But if its both flawed and hurtful, expect some retort.

Oh wow! Really? Seriously?

Would you be so king to link me to the "Big Book of Gay" so i can read up on Homosexual behaviour so i can get a greater understanding of the inner workings of the gay man/women.

And who is being a bigot now?

How dare you call Religious texts Mis-Infomation, (im not a religous man) but that can be very insulting to some people, are you telling me you want Religous people to change there "Stripes" to agree with Gay Relationships?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I can have a friend and disagree with what he DOES but I can't have a friend and disagree with who he IS. Our sexuality is not black and white but a spectrum-- it's not always an either/or.
I'm neither gay nor straight. I'm a gate. Gates swing both ways.
I can drive a stick or an automatic; I can run a Mac or a PC.
I'm not undecided; I'm a people person.

Although people can "choose" to do things, it's impossible to "choose" to be sexually attracted to anybody. I would love to hear from a heterosexual:
Exactly WHEN did you CHOOSE to be attracted to the opposite sex?

And what is this hoo-haw about being unnatural?
Homosexuality is found among several animal species.

And since when are humans natural?
We pave over everything, spell words with unnecessary letters, destroy Earth's lungs and therefore our own by cutting down rain forests, kill each other over fairytales, get plastic surgery, McRib sandwiches, etc etc etc:
Being unnatural IS human nature!

Your sexuality doesn't matter at all.
Unless I'm in bed with you.

edit on 26-12-2010 by spacegod because: that's what friends are for.

edit on 26-12-2010 by spacegod because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2010 by spacegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I try to judge the action, not the person.

But mea culpa. You caught me.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The problem we have is that with Homosexuals they seem to announce it all the time.

Whats with Gay Pride Parades? Really? Your Gay, fine, no need to parade down the street.

And then the old "We are being oppressed sob story comes into play"

My message to Gay people.

Stop feeling sorry for yourselves

Gay people on parade to show they are not afraid to be "out" has probably gone a long way to give others the confidence to come out of the closet over the years. The fact that there is generally more acceptance and understanding today is in good measure to all the parading that has gone on over the years. Life for gay people was much different before they began to demand not to be persecuted.

Parades may be garish and loud, but parades usually are. They do not represent the way gay life is lived day to day for most. It will really be nice if we finally arive at the place where such demonstrations are not needed, where people don't have to be "in your face" with their sexuality. I agree. But we are not there yet. Look at how many people in this thread believe it is their god given right to "correct" the mistake of homosexuality -- with people supposedly their friends even.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Well now, that's just thinking and so thus good. I do the same thing. I judge homosexuality as wrong, but that does not make a bad person, nor do I judge the person as bad. Just doing something I think is gross, like sneezing everywhere.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Gorman91 because:
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Don't judge someone to be a wicked evil person if they do not agree with homosexuals

Hmm. It's not about agreement or disagreement. Do you "agree with" trees? Even when they're not blocking your path?

I can and do judge peoples' thoughts and actions to be intolerant, biased and prejudiced, and thereby wicked and evil.

The Bible I grew up with said, "God is love," and "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."

People who live by casting the stones of hate and judgment are doing the Devil's work.
They are NOT Christian!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

... are you telling me you want Religous people to change there "Stripes" to agree with Gay Relationships?

You want my honest opinion about that? I'll tell you.

While I think virtually all of organized religion is nonsense at best, but probably much more sinister, I tend to go light on people who "believe", if they use their religion to help them be good citizens and neighbours.

I also seriously believe that one day they will discover a gene for "susceptibility to religion". There is nothing within my being that helps me understand why anyone; especially otherwise smart people, would voluntarily shut down their thinking brain and allow some hogwash dogma or preacher to direct their lives. But I know lots of people do this. I can only conclude they are wired that way, just like gay people are wired their way. I accept that they experience the world differently.

I also accept that gay and straight people experience the world differently and that neither is either right or wrong, it is just the way it is. My wiring is somewhere mid-stream. That isn't right or wrong either. It jus is.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

...I judge homosexuality as wrong, but that does not make a bad person, nor do I judge the person as bad. Just doing something I think is gross, like sneezing everywhere.

Or kind of like the way you think of tarantulas or snakes or bugs?

Part of the plan, obviously, but not to your personal liking?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Would you be so king to link me to the "Big Book of Gay" so i can read up on Homosexual behaviour so i can get a greater understanding of the inner workings of the gay man/women.

Its all right here really. Read this thread all the way thru - beginning to end.

There are other here too -- take your pic.

In these threads you will find post after post by nay-sayers based on lack of information, religious teachings and various fear-mongering by people struggling with their own lives. You will also read first hand personal accounts of many people all basically saying the same thing -- you can't change it because you are born with your orientation hard wired in and there is no other option except to accept it. Implied is the message that no one way is right and everyone's particular orientation, gay, straight, bi, or nonexistent, is OK.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Sinnthia

Don't have sex drive so it's not something I can comprehend.

Then you have your own personal issues that kind of leave you out of the debate. You seem to have no ground to stand on.

If you're to lazy to control it, that's not my problem.

That is insane. You can CONTROL your desire to be with Brad Pitt all you want, if you still desire it, you are still gay. I am sorry you cannot accept that you are gay but there it is.

There's plenty to offer, but you won't see. So that's sad. Sex drive is chemical interactions. That's all it is. Hunger is a need to make those chemical interactions possible. Like I said, you can live without sex, not hunger. Failure to understand something so simple shows your ignorance, not mine.

You are not getting it at all. I think I get it crystal clear though. I suspected you were as such ans you kind of just do more and more to prove it.

Please just stop all your anger and bias for a moment and think about what you are saying. You are trying to say controling an urge makes that urge not exist. Let me try AGAIN.

I can fast ALLLLLLL DAY LONG. That does not stop be from getting hungry.

If you cannot actually refute any of that logic with logic, try getting some facts and see if that helps.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I have a few Gay friends also , but being Gay is wrong in Gods eye. this was not Gods plan for his Earth, thats why he made woman. But they are the ones that have to answer to God for this not me. A lot of Gay people might not even read the Bible or dont know that God thinks this is wrong. I just dont know. I dont think they should be treated any different ,they should still be treated like Human Beings, and still have the same rights as all Americans. But I dont beleive they should be allowed to marry. Then America would be Going against God. This was not the purpose of God creating Man and Woman.We all are gonna stand before God on Judgement Day, to tell God why we sinned. I mean all of us,murderers, adulters, lyers,theifs, atheist. so there thats my opinion on the matter. ok IM sorry thats how I feel about it ok.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Missed the discussion then. I chose not to listen to it, and in time, it just stopped all together.

Brad Pitt? he's ugly. I once had a crush on a girl, then decided it was wasted energy, so I decided such a thought was not right, and in time any desire of that kind ceased. You can turn it off.

On the rare occasion, hunger is the same. Ever have some Chinese food and suddenly feel hungry afterwards? I find ignorning it makes the hunger senseation eventually go away. You can't stop hunger forever though, because you die when it turns off. Allow me to explain to you the wonderful world of biochemical reaction. Body needs something. Hunger. Eat food. Causes chemical release that says you are full. This then deactivates the need. Some people have that delayed, some people have that premature. but in time, the feeling is deactivated. Sex? Different reaction. Sex can make it go away, but you can also not all together. If you don't, much like a caffeine addiction, eventually the desire deactivates, because there's no point putting energy into useless things.

Ergo, you can't stop hunger because you die when it is not answered. That's when the biochemicals cease being transmitted. because the brain's dead and can't send anymore. Sex, however, you do not die from if you do not do it. Thus the brain cuts off the signal when it's wasting energy.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Missed the discussion then. I chose not to listen to it, and in time, it just stopped all together.

Brad Pitt? he's ugly. I once had a crush on a girl, then decided it was wasted energy, so I decided such a thought was not right, and in time any desire of that kind ceased. You can turn it off.

Either you are very special or you need to stop lying. Either way, "turning off" a natural drive is NOT how humans work. Most lab animals will go through torture, starve to death, even give up hard drugs they had been addicted to all to follow their drive to have sex. It is more important than survival to many, not ALL. Yep, there are always a few freaks with no sex drive at all. There are people born with a penis and a vagina as well. You enjoy you support group however you can.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join