It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven
17. Straights feel that the workplace is no place for sex, whether straight or gay.

18. Gays want equal rights with benefits from their jobs.

Look at your logic for a moment. Straight couples expect bennefits for their STRAIGHT COUPLING from their jobs so how is it innapropriate for a gay couple to want those same bennefits from their jobs?

If the straights want to deny bennefits for couples because sex has nothing to do with work, then why the hell are so many straight couples not rejecting their bennefits?

Amazing logic at play in this thread.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
[Call them gay because that is what they are.

gay   /geɪ/ Show Spelled
[gey]

adjective, -er, -est, noun, adverb
–adjective
1. having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music.
2. bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments.
3. given to or abounding in social or other pleasures: a gay social season.

I can live with that...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Sure. We're all scrambled at birth chemically. The environment can also cause that to change. It is a evolutionary advantage to change a species behavior with the chemistry in the region. Not even sure how, but you cannot deny the benefits of a modern society with majority gay population. That's probably why Rome never had over population problems. People had one son, one daughter. occasionally more, occasionally none. Another bell curve.

Sexuality is certainly a bell curve, but a small one.

I also would not say I knowingly chose to be straight. Though I can see the events in my life that would lead to such a subconscious decision. I also would not say I want to deny anyone anything. My view is that the government should not be involved with marriage at all. Marriage is to me a religious institution, or for some, a social event. I do not like the idea of marriage licenses. I don't even like the idea of tax breaks for being married. I think that tax breaks should be given if your kids get good grades, and that marriage should not be touched by the state. I would never ban homosexuality. It's Free Will. I'm just saying what I think about it.

reply to post by Sinnthia

Has plenty to do with it. Not my problem you can't see.

Hunger is a need to live. Sexuality is not. You don't die if you chop your genitals off. You do die if you chop your stomach out. Confusing the too is of poor judgement for you.

I think I made it perfectly clear you do chose to be gay, weather you know it or not. Most people don't know they make choices. It's why we have billions of people doing what society says to. I think my Rome example is quite evident of that.

Sex drive is a chemical reaction that starts at puberty because when humans evolved, we only lived till age 30-50. If a child is born at age 18, then by the time the adult is 38, around the time he's going to die, the child is an adult as well and ready to do the same. Thus sex drive is nothing more than chemistry. You can chose to ignore it entirely, reprogram it, etc etc. Just like any chemical element of the human body. You can chose to eat meat, and the chemical processes will desire meat. You can chose to eat vegetables, and the chemical processes will desire vegetables more. This is how humans create processes, culture, mindsets, etc etc. It's the same way you have to change your mindset as a fat person to lose weight. Otherwise you'll just revert to the original programming. Sexuality is no different. It's in our genes to desire to mate, of course. Evolution says mating is good because that makes your species survive. We can then chose what that means. Program it. I chose to program my sex drive to turn off until it was needed. When I have a means to fully support myself and feel that I have time to worry about other things, like love, I will program it to turn back on.

Now I am sorry if that makes no sense to you, but that is biological fact.

edit on 26-12-2010 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I have a great friend who was snorting Drugs last Thursday night. I oppose his drug habit, even though he is free to do so. I have hardcore Christian friends who disagree with my having premarital sex. I disagree with junkfood even being allowed out there because I can't stand that 35+% of Americans are obese, even though I have overweight friends (and some of my clients are, as I am a personal trainer).

So WRONG Op, epic fail. Those people dont want to see the other people hurting themselves.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by vonholland

So WRONG Op, epic fail. Those people dont want to see the other people hurting themselves.

Well then you better go tell those Inuit living way up North its cold out and they should move south.

Of course tho it looks terrible to a southerner who knows nothing about life up north, the native people have survived thousands of years just fine.

A lot of straight people similarly imagine all kinds of "dangers" in being gay. It is just ignorance. You cannot just make a statement that "they are hurting themselves" which is what you said. Shooting up or snorting drugs does not equate in any manner with being gay. Apples and oranges. Different things. One bad, the other good.

Where do you get off making such generalizations about something you obviously know nothing about.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Has plenty to do with it. Not my problem you can't see.

I cannot see what you cannot offer up.

Hunger is a need to live. Sexuality is not. You don't die if you chop your genitals off. You do die if you chop your stomach out. Confusing the too is of poor judgement for you.

I get it, you know NOTHING about biology. That is ok. I suggest you do a little research into some of the many studies having been done about the natural sex drive vs. the drive to survive. Get back to me when you have something besides religious missconceptions to offer up that in no way even begin to make your case.

I thought it was simple. You say being gay is a choice. Back it up. All you do is ramble about things that are choices but have nothing to do with biological drives and natural urges. You do not choose to breath, you can only choose not to and even then your power is limited. Your body does things without you. Count your blinks today.

Now, go learn about sex drive and its power vs. our desire to fill our bellies in order to live. You will be greatly surprised. Then maybe you will have some SCIENCE and FACTS and maybe you can start making that argument you keep rambling on about but never actually make.

Good Luck!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonholland
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I have a great friend who was snorting Drugs last Thursday night. I oppose his drug habit, even though he is free to do so. I have hardcore Christian friends who disagree with my having premarital sex. I disagree with junkfood even being allowed out there because I can't stand that 35+% of Americans are obese, even though I have overweight friends (and some of my clients are, as I am a personal trainer).

Drugs are a choice.
Religious belief is a choice.
Premarital sex is a choice.
Junk food is a choice.
Over eating is a choice. Some obesity is not.

Hurting themselves. Ya lost me there. Are we still speaking about choice?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Don't have sex drive so it's not something I can comprehend. If you're to lazy to control it, that's not my problem. There's plenty to offer, but you won't see. So that's sad. Sex drive is chemical interactions. That's all it is. Hunger is a need to make those chemical interactions possible. Like I said, you can live without sex, not hunger. Failure to understand something so simple shows your ignorance, not mine.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven
Well guys (and gals), I've grown weary of this debate. As I already stated, it's going nowhere. No matter what I say, it's countered, discredited, or otherwise ignored. No matter how I say it, it's returned with insults.

You don't want debate - - you want to be right and others to agree with you.

Insults? You can't even see how insulting your viewpoints are. You speak of gays like they are some kind of "sub species" - - and you are completely oblivious to that. They are as you - human.

As another poster suggested. Stop speaking - start listening.

I say you need to get away from your religious bubble and get out in the real world. Find a gay family support group - - go hang out and get to know them. When you have real information from real human beings - - instead of ancient ideology and stereotypical cliché thinking. Then your viewpoint will come from reality for honest discussion.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Don't have sex drive so it's not something I can comprehend. If you're to lazy to control it, that's not my problem.

Pretty arrogant calling someone lazy. If you have no sex drive you obviously aren't having to put out any effort whatsoever in controling it. Most people do in fact have a sex drive. You are unqualified to make any judgements whatsoever about how they deal with it.

There is truth tho to the notion that the more you get the more you want, in terms of sex. The opposite is true too. Chemistry? Increasing receptors? Yeh, probably, but so what? Not everyone wants to eliminate sex from their life.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Oh sure I did. It was not easy to turn off. And so It is. So yea, lazy if you are not regulating things or claiming they are not regulatable.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

reply to post by wayno

Oh sure I did. It was not easy to turn off. And so It is. So yea, lazy if you are not regulating things or claiming they are not regulatable.

OK - I have to ask.

Why did you choose celibacy?

Which really has nothing to do with this discussion - in my opinion.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Annee because: spelling

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Not time yet. No need to have unneeded things in my life at the wrong stages.

And yes it is relatively related. I chose. Sexuality can be changed. Just like any chemical process.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Not time yet. No need to have unneeded things in my life at the wrong stages.

Thank you for answer my simple question.

The rest I do not agree with and will not debate on.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So because you are impotent, you think eveyone else should strive to be impotent? That has got to be the most retarded thing I have ever heard on ATS.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Well no, but I don't think your statement is bad. If someone is important and desires others to be important. Well. I think that's the greatest human on Earth.

reply to post by Annee

Ok then. But chemistry disagrees with you. Like you yourself listed. Eating a lot is a choice. But that mindset is also controlled by chemical processes. Processes someone has to change if they want to stop eating so much. Sex drive is no different.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

So because you are impotent, you think eveyone else should strive to be impotent? That has got to be the most retarded thing I have ever heard on ATS.

That was really uncalled for.

A person who chooses celibacy is not necessarily impotent.

I have two male friend that have chosen celibacy for different reasons. Neither is impotent.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Ok then. But chemistry disagrees with you. Like you yourself listed. Eating a lot is a choice. But that mindset is also controlled by chemical processes. Processes someone has to change if they want to stop eating so much. Sex drive is no different.

I acknowledge chemistry in the body affecting the body and mind.

I just don't acknowledge it - - in the way you are presenting it.

link   
duplicate post.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh impotent. lol. I thought he said important. No I am most certainty not impotent lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join