It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopsecCin616
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I have a few Gay friends also , but being Gay is wrong in Gods eye. this was not Gods plan for his Earth, thats why he made woman. But they are the ones that have to answer to God for this not me. A lot of Gay people might not even read the Bible or dont know that God thinks this is wrong. I just dont know. I dont think they should be treated any different ,they should still be treated like Human Beings, and still have the same rights as all Americans. But I dont beleive they should be allowed to marry. Then America would be Going against God. This was not the purpose of God creating Man and Woman.We all are gonna stand before God on Judgement Day, to tell God why we sinned. I mean all of us,murderers, adulters, lyers,theifs, atheist. so there thats my opinion on the matter. ok IM sorry thats how I feel about it ok.

Thank you for your opinion. Unfortunately I have no belief in the bible or the God you speak of, so nothing you say using those references has any meaning to me. What you think or believe your God wants is irrelevant to me.

Do you have anything else to add to this discussion that does not include your religious beliefs? If so, I would like to here those things.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Oh my..

It seems in this day and age nobody can have an opinion anymore without being branded a bigot, racist, facist, homophobic, islamaphobic, far right thug, far right extremist, scum, nazi.

Freedom of speech is slowly but surely dieing.

Just because i dont agree with Homosexuals or Religions does not make me a bad person.

Bravo. Starred. Finally somebody with a degree of intelligence and wisdom as opposed to a reactionary, closed-minded opinion.

You have every right to say what you like, sadly politically correct types seem to think they are high and mighty and foolishly believe they have the moral ground covered.

I do not see anyone in this thread telling you that you have to watch what you say or that you can and cannot say things. What people are saying is that if you say you have gay friends and then turn and deny those people are people as you are people, then you are a crappy friend.

Free speech has NOTHING to do with this thread at all.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Nice sly insult there. But nope. I've seen plenty of people do the same.

Good thing I'm not like other animals. Remember, you're human, not a mouse. While we may share a large number of genes, I'm still not a mouse. The fact remains that throughout history people have done the same in different ways, from Thích Quảng Đức, to the stoics of Rome. Not my problem you don't believe it. I can do it. And no, not a freak. I know I have sex drive, in my brain. And I will allow it to turn on when I feel the time that it is ready. In the same way I turned it off.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Sex? Different reaction. Sex can make it go away, but you can also not all together. If you don't, much like a caffeine addiction, eventually the desire deactivates, because there's no point putting energy into useless things.

Given the self loathing statements you've made prior to this, I am beginning to think that you are simply rationalizing, creating a fictitious scenario to cover for the fact that you think you are not worthy of being desired by another. You think no one will want you and so you make yourself believe you don't want it anyway. It is a common enough way of coping, but it only sidesteps the issue that ought to be dealt with straight up.

Some people have very low sex drives but that is not you. You are afraid of sexual involvement. You shouldn't be. There is someone out there for everyone -- believe me I think I've just about seen it all.

Too bad you are so smart. It might be easier for you to take the plunge and dare to have feelings if you didn't spend so much energy thinking about things so much and rationalizing away your situation.

Fat and hairy is a big turn on for some people.
just sayin ..

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

ah, no. Because to my count at least 3x I nearly got a girlfriend and had to say no because It was not time. I don't think I'm ugly, and I don't think I'm pretty. I think I look average and am pretty smart.

I am definably afraid of sexual involvement, as well as involvement of any kind in a relationship. I simply don't have the physical existent time to be with someone right now. Time will come when I will, and that time will be when bother to go out into the world and look for someone.

And I am not fat and hairy. I'm pretty much the "averagest" looking "guido" around. Accent and all.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
44 pages and still going. This will never be resolved, the homosexuals want the Christians who disagree with them to change their values and beliefs to coincide with theirs. The Christians want to have the homosexuals do the smae thing.........................never gonna happen. All you see on here is Christians quoting the bible and hoosexuals saying it's irrelevant. Agree to disagree and move on.........neither side is going to give up it's way of life or beliefs for the other...........find something important to engage yourselves with.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Sorry mate. If you look at lawyers, electricians, tennis players, drinkers, needleworkers, Patriots, communists, sci fi ers, tapestry makers. Moustache growersa, Tobacco smokers, the list is endless BTW if you have three people together they will celebrate. So what gives? why can't gays have a pride march and a party TO CELEBRATE. I have absolutely no problem with gay pride. I just try and avoid crowds irregardless. These people have done nothing to me and pay their taxes. I have some good friends that are gay so let them party.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Ok then, if youve agreed free speech is fine then this is what i think.

Being Gay is not natural, it doesnt matter how you try to cover it up, humans were intended to reproduce with the opposite sex, penis goes into vagina, sperm is ejected, chid is born.

Not Penis goes into another mans arse.

Im pretty sure nature didnt intend that to happen at all.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Ok let me arrange a Straight pride march, where we can walk through San Fransisco with Girls on our arms and tongue kiss infront of children and Gay men.

Because that wont make them feel awkward at all will it.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

All you see on here is Christians quoting the bible and hoosexuals saying it's irrelevant. Agree to disagree and move on.........neither side is going to give up it's way of life or beliefs for the other.

Erm. Your assumptions are showing. I'm neither Christian nor homosexual but I do have opinions on the matter and have posted here.

..........find something important to engage yourselves with.

Okay, How 'bout you stop making assumptions and start thinking?

For example, you could think about the First Amendment and what it means. If you have to, you could Google it and get a direct quote from the Constitution. Then, you could think about what it means to everyone if just one group's rights are trampled. You could think about if YOUR rights are now, or ever could be threatened by someone else's prejudice, bias, fear or ignorance. And what that means....

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Its an exact fit. Ironic huh?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

All you see on here is Christians quoting the bible and hoosexuals saying it's irrelevant. Agree to disagree and move on.........neither side is going to give up it's way of life or beliefs for the other.

Erm. Your assumptions are showing. I'm neither Christian nor homosexual but I do have opinions on the matter and have posted here.

..........find something important to engage yourselves with.

Okay, How 'bout you stop making assumptions and start thinking?

For example, you could think about the First Amendment and what it means. If you have to, you could Google it and get a direct quote from the Constitution. Then, you could think about what it means to everyone if just one group's rights are trampled. You could think about if YOUR rights are now, or ever could be threatened by someone else's prejudice, bias, fear or ignorance. And what that means....

We all dont live in the USA.

And the constitution is the biggest load of bull.

Give me one example of when americans actually abide by the constitution

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

Its an exact fit. Ironic huh?

Not ironic, just coincidence, i bet a cucumber would fit, it doesnt mean it should be there.

Unless your going to tell me nature intended Bananas, cucumbers, sausages, and even gherkins were meant to be stuck up there?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Cool, I'm neither a Christian nor a homosexual either. I was merely pointing out that both of the major players here, the gays and the Chritians use the same tired arguments on everyone of these threads. Neither is going to change their stance as each is asking the other to give up their beliefs, so until the libs force it on everyone, they'll have to agree to disagree.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by soficrow

Cool, I'm neither a Christian nor a homosexual either. I was merely pointing out that both of the major players here, the gays and the Chritians use the same tired arguments on everyone of these threads. Neither is going to change their stance as each is asking the other to give up their beliefs, so until the libs force it on everyone, they'll have to agree to disagree.

Why do you have be to Christian to not agree with the homosexual agenda?

Im not religous, and i see it as something which is not natural.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Dude............reading comprehension. I AM NOT A CHRISTIAN EITHER. I ALSO DISAGREE WITH HOMOSEXUALlTY. I WAS MERELY MAKING AN OBSERVTION AS TO WHAT USUALLY HAPPENS ON THESE THREADS AND WHY IT WON'T CHANGE. Hopefully, since its's capitalized you'll be able to more clearly read and understand it.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think the most important thing is to move beyond the labels. There are good and bad in all people.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Haydn what about broomsticks?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

How can you "disagree about homosexuality? Do you agree about blond hair? No. You either like it or you don't. You don't "agree" with it.

The same thing goes with sexuality. You like it or you don't but disagreeing with it makes no sense.
You yourself may like to perform gay sex, or you may not. Yes, you can say that.
You can like all or some of the homosexuals you've met, or you may not. Again, that is something you can say.

When discussing something that just is, that wasn't somebody's decision, a genetic condition they were born with, there is nothing to agree or disagree with.

Do you understand? Do you agree with the sun??
OK I'll stop.

edit on 12/26/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You can say how awful and evil you think homosexuality is; how you disagree with the way homosexuals live, etc. However, you're not going to change them. They're going to exist and have gay sex whether if you like it or not. You're fighting a battle you can't win.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join