It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange turns on everyone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

What are you asking me would matter? If info was released about a case you may have before your day in court?

Just theoretical here.

This is unrelated to this Assange case as it is different (likely wont affect those who decide Assange's fate), but tell me how this would make you feel. Say you were taken in for statutory rape, a girl/boy that is in her very early teens. It gets picked up before your day in court by the Nancy Grace Show. She (as she always does) "convicts" the person and has her mind made up about their innocence or guilt (always guilt) before they go to court. And she talks avoiding context and leaving out important parts (I guess to make the show more popular but she is also tainting the possible jury pool as it is a nation wide show). So your case makes it to her show, she is railing on you and she says "we have reports that derbycitylights was in trouble once for kissing a 5 year old boy/girl!" yes she fails to mention you did that when you yourself were 5. Now she has spoken ill of you out of context to a nation wide audience. Now you are facing the very real possibility that some of the people on your jury could be dipsh!t Nancy Grace fans. How do you feel?[
edit on 21-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Doesn't matter, you seem to be forgetting (it's easy to as it's pretty obvious he is really on trial for his leaks) that he is in court only for his "rape" case. Those diplomats (many of them redacted) will likely never see a day in court and definitely never would had the leaks not happened (assange was going regardless of this leak of info) Besides, everything he has exposed has been important, he is doing a good thing. These people need to be exposed.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Well, first off, Who is Nancy Grace?

I get the jist of what you are saying, but if the Jury Pool is tainted, then a new Jury is selected. At least, that is how it works in the States. And to be honest here, this has probably lengthened his freedom should he eventually be convicted. Now the lawyers have to go through the tedious and time consuming process of weeding out the tainted jurors.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Can you just remind me again what Assange has done wrong? It is alleged he has comitted some sexual crimes in Sweden but it is reported that one of the women has withdrawn her complaint and the other has left the country. Who is actually driving this?

Wikileaks is publishing incriminating information provided to it. Thousands of journalists have done the same thing. Were the guys who exposed Watergate criminals? Genuine question.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

How do you know if the jury pool has been tainted?
Think these people who watch that garbage even realize? They are probably excited to get in and convict someone that they have heard is so evil from the media for so long. Think they will speak up?

It's good you don't know who she is, she is a wretched human being.

And keep in mind.. this is a very large newspaper (or in my analogy t.v. show) you may have to go far and wide to find a jury outside of it's influence. That's why this is wrong.
edit on 21-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

She sounds like one of those daytime talk show host. If so, thats why I dont know who she is. The only TV I watch it Two and a Half Me, and anything on the Science, Discovery, History etc etc channels.

Well, the Jurors are hand selected. Each is questioned throughly until both councils feel they have found a clean Jury candidate. Ive been on Jury duty. You are not going to get on a trial that you have already developed preconceived notions about.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

She is on at night, I avoid her at all costs, but sometimes I stop to hate.
I don't know, it seems easy enough to just say you don't know anything about the case. Short of a lie detector test, there really is no way they can tell if you are a "clean" juror.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You're full of rubbish. Define an 'American-hater' - someone who reveals your crimes?

Pfft, worst thread ever.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Pfft, worst thread ever.

Then dont reply and move on.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

You're the Anti-American.

Your comments are what proliferates concerns about your nation all around the world.

Have yo disregarded the thought of your own peoples choices to give Mr Assange information?

There is an ideological civil war taking place between the hemispheres in the grey matter of America.

One is "ignition" and the other is "Cognition"

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seventytwo

You can call me what ever you want as long as you are correct. Which you're not. Constitutionalist? Yes. Federalist? Yes. Anti American? You have got to be kidding me....

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The NWO will just love you! You are the kind of mug that these people dupe. Assange isnt an American hater, he is a truth seeker. Dont let your patriotism cloud your judgement.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Lets put the name calling aside, it's getting a bit out of control now.

Julian Assange is a reporter, he believes in truths, or at least thats the way he comes across. He doesn't IMO hate America, he, like most of us, hate what the US government, in fact, most governments around the world do behind closed doors, the hidden agendas.

If WLeaks exposes these agendas, these crimes, then that is a good thing, as long as it doesn't put lives in danger like exposing top secret operations to weed out the terrorists.

If he exposes the crimes by the governments and the banks etc, then it's going to wake a lot of people up and they are going to put their foots down.

The governments know this so they are doing anything and everything possible to smear JA without implicating themselves, plus, if they take him right out the insurance file gets opened to public scrutiny and not even TPTB know whats in this file, and only they know their top level dirty secrets, and how much of it MAY be in that file.

But long story short, it's not about America hating, it's about hating TPTB for a very good reason.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Wow, you make a thread showing the irony of a given situation and the majority of replies have contained mostly just personal attacks...I do thank the few who have replied that have actually attempted to have an intelligent conversation.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights

Originally posted by Seventytwo

Anti American? You have got to be kidding me....

No harm intended to you.

Be well and disagree if you like

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Nothing more than an "America hater"?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyestotheskies

Can you just remind me again what Assange has done wrong? It is alleged he has comitted some sexual crimes in Sweden but it is reported that one of the women has withdrawn her complaint and the other has left the country. Who is actually driving this?

Wikileaks is publishing incriminating information provided to it. Thousands of journalists have done the same thing. Were the guys who exposed Watergate criminals? Genuine question.

Derby Lights - I tried to have an intelligent conversation with you by asking two genuine questions (above) but you chose to ignore me

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Julian assange would turn on his own mother if you gave him the chance and it would get him out of jail.

Wikileaks can not be trusted.

Sicko J from wikileaks has no right to endanger countries and deal in stolen information.

Sickosangio holds us hostage to information he said that would set our minds free and only enlightens people with certain information when it suits his needs.
edit on 21-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Wow, you make a thread showing the irony of a given situation and the majority of replies have contained mostly just personal attacks...I do thank the few who have replied that have actually attempted to have an intelligent conversation.

Some of us actually get it.

It really is quite hilarious that Assange, who makes his living leaking documents and information that ultimately lead to trouble for individuals and governments...some have lost their jobs, some have been put at personal risk, etc...wants us to feel sorry for him because another organization has leaked inconvenient information about his alleged crimes.

Funnier still, because so much of what he has released willy-nilly does not even come close to describing criminal activities of any kind (embarrassing maybe...but not criminal). So, for the most part Julian is not much more than a gossip...or a nosy neighbour.

Is he guilty of rape (etc.)? I don't know. That will be for the courts to decide.

Is he guilty of criminal conduct in connection with the release of hundreds of thousands of classified documents? Personally, I think so. But, again, that will be for the courts to decide...and trust me on this one, the U.S. will ultimately charge him with serious crimes (like espionage), will get him extradited, and will prosecute him.

But...back on point...yes the irony of his whimpering about the "leaking" of information about his criminal charges is very plain to see for anyone who doesn't wear Wiki-Rose-Coloured-Glasses.

I think this thread hits the nail right on the head! Well done.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Do you have any evidence of that?

Everything I have seen so far points to the contrary.

Your signature states that Wilikleaks provides disinfo. What in particular had you got in mind?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join