It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange turns on everyone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

The guy is in jail because there are dirty little secrets that needs to be exposed. If the government officials had ignored him, he would have gain less credibility than now. He threw a bait and they bit hard.

Assange, with all his knowledge, would not give an excuse to be arrested. That's why I think these allegations were created. Or maybe he wanted it this way, for more visibility in the media, instigating curiosity on a larger scale.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Fire and brimstone? lol

I've simply responded to the things you have said. I'm trying to make my point, just as you are trying to make yours. Why don't you respond to the questions I posed instead of bypassing them and diverting attention to something irrelevant to the conversation?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Could it possibly be because we have done the most shady stuff? Besides,as others have stated, repeatedly, other countries are mentioned, there are other cables, WikiLeaks (the single greatest thing to happen to free speech since the Bill of Rights) is going after other countries. Just remember - being the biggest makes you the biggest target. And our recent history and actions show us ripe for a good exposing. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Assange is not, nor did he leak diplomatic cables for the people.. Or sheeple as you would call them..

In addition this moron leaked nothing of significance anyhow. No one is investigating anything. As far as what is going on in the state dept. I don't think me being a citizen of the United states entitles me privileges of information when it comes to diplomacy between countries. Neither does it for the non citizens of the UNited states either. Yet of course Assenge was doing it for the people of the world.

What did he do again?
edit on 21-12-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

You obviously didn't even click on the link. Let me say it loud and clear. THAT WAS THE HEADLINE OF THE ARTICLE AND NOT MY WORDS!!!!! Sense you cant be bothered to actually read before declaring war on me, I dont feel the need to reply to you anymore in this thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
1st post here on ATS, so here goes.

I've just listened to the interview where Juliane Assange comments on the leaked information from Sweden amongst other things.

The interviewer is an experienced English journalist but he explores the line of Assange being a sexual predator and perhaps a Messianic figure. It was designed to paint a picture of Assange 'the oddball' and I was shocked at the poor journalism profered from a respected and experienced BBC journalist. The real issues of what Wikileaks stands for, what the issues really are were skirted round as if they didnt matter. It was tabloid trash.

The media is falling into the trap of persuing Assange 'the individual' to get salacious tittle tattle stories and are missing the bigger picture completely. I presume this is what those against Wikileaks are promoting

The recent leaked documents about the desperate plight of honey bees for the glory of corporate profit and the deliberate hiking of the price of basic food stuffs to persuade Europe to buy into GM crops were enough on their own to persuade me that Wikileaks are worth supporting.

As for Assange commentating on the deliberate leaking of information from Sweden to distort the truth of the case the interviewer didnt understand the reference, as it seems a few here dont either...
edit on 21-12-2010 by eyestotheskies because: spelling

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

yes because the U.S is such a great country nd led by upstanding, trustworthy, politicians and bankers isnt it?!

bout time the U.S government got brought down a peg or two.

i have nothing against american citezens, but u bang on about assange being anti-american...really?
perhaps if the U.S government wasnt underhanded, shady and corrupt...there wouldnt have been any cables!

if the banks werent stealing peoples homes from out underneath them then there wont be any AMERICAN (ie BOA) cables on the horizon.

dont dare sit there painting the US picture perfect...IT AINT!

the people HAVE A RIGHT to know.

the cables that have hurt the U.S are factual......this whole rape thing with assange is fabricated to smear his name and to discredit him....they want him incarcerated b4 he leaks the bank cables!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

He is in the right. They published allegations, this is supposed to be a respectable news organization yet they are posting what, until proven, amounts to tabloids. It's really his friends turning on him, they decided to give more focus on him and tarnish him in an attempt to discredit WL. What Assange did or did not do does not matter in the scope of what his ORGANIZATION (not himself) are releasing.

Also it's important to note that he was upset that they were selective and only published the incrimination bits:

"Mr Assange is understood to be particularly angry with a senior reporter at the paper and former friend for 'selectively publishing' incriminating sections of the police report, although The Guardian made clear that the WikiLeaks founder was given several days to respond."

edit on 21-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

You did choose to post this topic on the internet right? You did know that you HAVE to copy the headline on ATS right? If you were neutral, impartial to the subject and would look at it as objective as possible you wouldn't have done this. You may choose to not respond to me but that is not needed. You have been exposed for the shell you are. Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Julian Assange and this whole Wikileaks affair recently reminded me of a line from The Dark Knight when Alfred is telling Bruce about his days in Burma and the stolen jewels. Bruce can't understand the logic behind going to all the trouble to steal the jewels just to turn around and toss them away like so much rubbish. To which Alfred replies:

"Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Mr. Assange appears to be 'tossing away the jewels' in this latest episode of the Wikileaks Saga.

I think there are more people than we'd care to know about running around this planet who are,whether they realize it not, Nihilists or simply lost,misguided fools, who neither care about their own lives or the outcomes of their actions. I don't know if Mr. Assange is one of these kinds of people but he sure doesn't seem to helping himself or others too well at the moment.

I could be wrong,but then again...
edit on 21-12-2010 by FlyingJadeDragon because: typo-misspellings

edit on 21-12-2010 by FlyingJadeDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingJadeDragon
Julian Assange and this whole Wikileaks affair recently reminded me of a line from The Dark Knight when Alfred is telling Bruce about his days in Burma and the stolen jewels. Bruce can't understand the logic behind going to all the trouble to steal the jewels just to turn around toss them away like so much rubbish. To which Alfred replies:

"Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Mr. Assange appears to be 'tossing away the jewels' in this latest episode of the Wikileaks Saga.

I think there are more people than we'd care to know about running around this planet who are,whether they realize it not, Nihilists or simply lost,misguided fools, who neither care about their own lives or the outcomes of their actions. I don't know if Mr. Assange is one of these kinds of people but he sure doesn't seem to helping himself or others too well at the moment.

I could be wrong,but then again...

Well said and one of the most intelligent replies yet. Star for you!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

This isn't the case, have you read the "embarrassing docs?" They were published, it was the info on the case (actually I think he is overreacting because after seeing I still thought he was innocent and the women were out for revenge) I think he is more concerned that it will affect his fair trial.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Alot of the cables (probably most) were showing other countries in a bad light and actually made the U.S. look to be the sensible party (that's why a lot of people on this site think Assange and WL are actually run by the U.S., for the record I don't think this) So saying you think he is an "American hater" only tells me you haven't read the information released.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I have read two of them. They are no more embarrassing for him than were some of the leaked cables for the Diplomats that had their cables leaked.

Edit to add:

Ahh, you mean the leaked cables and not the leaked court docs about Assange. Yes, I have read many of them.

edit on 21-12-2010 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

WHAT?

How can you say that with a clear conscience?

The acts of secrecy have dragged nations into WAR.

I think you're holding the right sign on the wrong side of the fence.

Besides, batman? Really? You come onto ATS with batman as your choice of information?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

What would that matter? He is the one on trial.

I don't think you are getting it. He is about to go to court, now info on the case has been leaked and according to Assange it was selective meaning important parts were left out which destroys the context. If the worst (made even more worst by the lack of context) is released before court good luck getting anyone to go into the courtroom with a non biased opinion of the man. People will have already judged before having the evidence presented to them as it should be, in court.

edit on 21-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Would what matter?

And he has basically put all American Diplomats on trial now.

Edit: Ahhh, you Ninja edited

I understand his right to a fair trial, but there are other governmental rights that he did not take into consideration when releasing his leaks. Such as the right to Diplomatic Privacy. This is why I keep going back to he can dish it out but he sure cant take it.
edit on 21-12-2010 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Tis not the secrets themselves which cause countries to go to war but rather the revealing of said secrets.That's why countries sometimes go to great lengths to keep them or strategically disperse them,no?

And I'm only human so please forgive me for connecting a line from Batman to the Wikileaks fiasco.

edit on 21-12-2010 by FlyingJadeDragon because: edit for content

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
And ? Its been long overdue that the dirty laundry of the corrupt bastards in d.c was aired.. Looking forward to seeing the rest published..

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

Tis not the secrets themselves which cause countries to go to war but rather the revealing of said secrets

Actually, the reasons for going to war are kept secret from the people going to war or the people being dragged into war. That is what is being revealed. The only war that can come out of this Wikileaks ordeal is the war between people and their governments.

Don't worry about the batman thing, you don't need to be forgiven, we are all human indeed!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join