It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange turns on everyone

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
Assange is not, nor did he leak diplomatic cables for the people.. Or sheeple as you would call them..

In addition this moron leaked nothing of significance anyhow. No one is investigating anything. As far as what is going on in the state dept. I don't think me being a citizen of the United states entitles me privileges of information when it comes to diplomacy between countries. Neither does it for the non citizens of the UNited states either. Yet of course Assenge was doing it for the people of the world.

What did he do again?
edit on 21-12-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

We'll let you know once more than a percent or two of the cables have been released. Kind of hard to determine the impact at this point. Then again, WL is doing what the press should have. That in itself is beneficial.

As for your claim they aren't being investigated: Many of the cables that amounted to anything significant have been poured over by experts. Some reveal how information is being distorted or mishandled. Other cables are providing confirmation in a variety of areas. This is checks and balances at work.

If a detractor asks for proof again, I'm going to scream. That will just show you're in an MSM induced coma and haven't moved from the couch to investigate.
edit on 22-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
He post information about the U.S.,noone can prove if it's the truth or not. And then everyone posts information about him,that noone can prove if it happened or not. kinda funny.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyprian

Oh that list goes on and on

Chile , Ecuador , Argentina , almost all of the south american countries , and alot of african ones too !

America and the CIA have their fingers in everyone

thanks to friedman and the chicago boys and their economic reforms , combined with the military industrial arm of the american government

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Ive got no love for government secrets. Julian has always struck me as an America hater though because he never really releases anything of significance from other countries. It seems his sole purpose is to smear America. He neglects to say that ALL countries do the same thing, they just haven't gotten caught.

I for one am enjoying watching that impetuous little prick squirm for once now that someone else has leaked info about him.

Relying on the two wrongs make a right fallacy are we? Perhaps the rather large amount of "smear" is directly proportional to the amount of crap the US tries to pull? You seem to be blaming Assange for the fact your government is a bunch of underhanded, backstabbing, two-faced crooks. But hey you carry on trying to.shift the blame, its what you guys do best.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

reply to post by imjustlikeyou

Read the article. The short of it is someone has released embarrassing documents about him and he doesn't like it.

Slight difference! He has been accused of a crime and they are releasing information about that crime BEFORE he has been to court to face the charges. Surely this prejudices the case. Only the court should be used to assess the details of a crime before somebody is convicted or released. I think that's how the law works.........

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

search much?

mods please close

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Being a journalist and publishing secret documents from a whistle blower is not illegal. Releasing personal information without the consent of the individual is.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Or, he doesn't like being lied about.

Simple really.

Now unlike you I think a subtle supply of America haters is healthy. If no one criticizes you, you become a race to the moral bottom. Simply really. Every animal needs its predator along with its prey. America is a keystone predator. Without proper checks and balances, the whole food chain dies.
edit on 22-12-2010 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

But that doesn't make his contribution to a free society any less useful now does it? I bet you think he's a rapist to right - even though the highest prosecutor in sweden has cleared him thus far.

American hater? Well hate is a very strong word, perhaps he's more of a corruption hater...and the more corruption you have in your respective country, the more you'll be feeling victimised I guess.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_is_Slavery
www.abovetopsecret.com...

search much?

mods please close

Yes, actually I did...And your thread did NOT come up or I would not have posted this. Besides, this thread is in a different forum and not done in an alternative breaking news format. No rules broken. Anything else to whine about?

And for the majority of the replies that have been posted since I got back to real life...Most of them are the same attacks so I will do a general reply to all of those. I'm maybe a tad sorry (if any) that your feelings got hurt that someone pointed out the obvious about your hero. That he is a hypocrite. But the truth is, he is doing more harm than good. Oh, sure, you can wave the transparency flag around and pound your chest and feel that only you know what is really going on in this world, but in reality, your internet privacy has just been taken and you have been raped (ideologically and metaphorically of course) by your hero and master and commander Assange. Now when you get cease and desist letters from your ISP for downloading questionable material, or you can no longer access your favorite websites because they are on some governments watch list, Smile inwardly and feel warm that it was your support that allowed this.

Someone implied that I think he is a rapist. Honestly, I do not know. I wasn't there. That is for the courts to decide. I haven't seen all the evidence and I am not qualified to make that legal judgement. I can make a personal speculation but why give you more fuel for your witch hunt bonfire?

And further more, I have come to notice a startling trend among most, not all, but most of Julians supporters. These people continually assault others who do not support Assange. They mostly use personal attacks and subterfuge to make their target seem less credible and untrustworthy. Most of you remind me of those morons who supported Castro when he overthrew the Cuban government and took power decades ago. He was a hero too...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

That he is a hypocrite.

That is amazing coming from a guy who supports the most hypocritical regime on this planet. But leave it up to you people with insane ego complexes to out yourself as the most ignorant people on the planet.

Besides, what makes you think ANYONE with a right mind will read what you say and find it credible? Only those that are already lost to propaganda will follow you into ''hell''.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

That he is a hypocrite.

That is amazing coming from a guy who supports the most hypocritical regime on this planet. But leave it up to you people with insane ego complexes to out yourself as the most ignorant people on the planet.

Besides, what makes you think ANYONE with a right mind will read what you say and find it credible? Only those that are already lost to propaganda will follow you into ''hell''.

I think this needs to be said again...

And further more, I have come to notice a startling trend among most, not all, but most of Julians supporters. These people continually assault others who do not support Assange. They mostly use personal attacks and subterfuge to make their target seem less credible and untrustworthy. Most of you remind me of those morons who supported Castro when he overthrew the Cuban government and took power decades ago. He was a hero too...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I think this needs to be said again...

Deflection, upon deflection, upon deflection. Really, you're not convincing anyone. Two wrongs never make a right. Besides that, you show your true colours by ranting on Castro on a website like ATS. Continue as you please, it is pointless for me to keep resonding to you any longer. Enjoy living in ignorance.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

All you have done is attempt a character assassination against me since I posted the truth about your hero. I am mearly pointing it out to everyone. You seem to do this with anyone you dont agree with. I have been going back through some of your previous post and found the exact pattern I described above being used by you against others because they dont see things the way you do. So, as I said to others before on this thread, intelligent post will get a reply, but personal and character attacks against me will not. If you continue these, I will not be replying to you but will instead let you unresponded to post stick out like a beacon in the dark night, illuminating the process that most all Assange supporters take when they are faced with the truth about him.

Merry Christmas Zamini

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
Don't care much about him or his past. What is truly disgusting is all the secrets being kept from the people. If I had to choose between listening to wikileaks or the 5:00 news, I'd pick wikileaks. Can't wait to hear what secrets boa are keeping.....

If only thats what it was about....

It has become very apparent to me that this Julian Assange character, (if he is truly out to do and be what he claims) is an egotistical sensationalist. It shouldnt be always about HIM. It should be about the supposed "secrets" he's harboring that we deserve to know right?

Why is that 9 out of 10 people on the street know his name and what it is he's allegedly doing with wikileaks, yet almost NO ONE can recall anything truly groundbreaking that has come to light by his hand. Shouldnt it be the other way around? Everyone knows where he's currently holed up, what he had for lunch, what his current hair color is, but has life for us peasants changed AT ALL? Has life for TPTB changed AT ALL?

He has gone from underground, rebel hero of the people, to joining the ranks of Kim Kardashian and the like, and all in record time.

He makes continuous threats, has the gall to order high ranking politicians to step down (which I wish they would by the way! ) due to his supposed mammoth amount of classified info and his illustrious "insurance" file ( which I'm really starting to doubt is even worth its weight in sand ), but then doesnt back any of this up.

If he was really working for the people he would have released everything, and if its truly as grand as he thinks it is, the average Joe Blow on the street will be able to recall the contents of the leaks, and will say Julian Assange who?

In my eyes he's nothing more than a govt operative taking everyone for a ride, or a really good snake oil salesman who has joined the ranks of other overnight celebs who really have no talent or purpose.

I predict he lands a sweet MTV contract for a new reality show in 2011.

"what happens when you pair the cast of the Jersey Shore with an international man of mystery?

"JULIAN IN JERSEY---- he's on the run, and he's DTF"

edit on 22-12-2010 by WhiteDevil013 because: grammar

edit on 22-12-2010 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
he made him self a target. yes.
and now the CIA FBI are out to get him.
but who do you hate him for there attack on him?
he did this to let you know what is going on.
the evil america is doing to its citizens and the world.
well they have to try some thing new!
the rape is now going well.
all together now "baaa!"

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't care what he's done in the past, he could be a seriel killer for all i care just as long as he's bringing to light the lies our government keeps from the public that's what i care about, the man has redeemed himself in the leaks so far alone

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Maybe America should stop running around the world as if the World owes America something.

Illegal invasion of a sovereign country is just the latest in a very long list of bad things the US has done. Your illegal wars have got my fellow countrymen killed, and gained us a bad reputation. I don't care how you look at it - that is reality. Terrorists should be chased to the ends of the earth, I agree, but wholesale invasion on false grounds is too far, and makes you a hypocrite.

Americas time is over, and the world is finally starting to realize it. Maybe the power shift to China won't be such a bad thing after all? Might stop the US thinking it can do what it wants because it is the US.

Whilst I'm on the subject, the US is often referred to in the MSM here as the worlds only super power. Last I looked Russia still had at least double the number of nukes of the USA.

I don't hate America, far from it, but there is no denying the US acts like the school yard bully, and it is time it was exposed.
edit on 22-12-2010 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm gonna have to agree with the OP on this, you can't justify leaking all that information and than get booty hurt when someone does the same to you, all the while you preaching how important it is to expose the "truth."

It's extremely hypocritical.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
I'm gonna have to agree with the OP on this, you can't justify leaking all that information and than get booty hurt when someone does the same to you, all the while you preaching how important it is to expose the "truth."

It's extremely hypocritical.

The secrets of Government affect me - Julian Assange's Love life does not.

I deserve to know the secrets of Government - I do not deserve to know the secrets of Julian Assange's Love life.

The government belongs to we the people - Julian Assange does not.

-G

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join