It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aromaz

Yes the number and intensity of the Aftershocks make it look more like a 7+ to me than a 6.8.

The GeoAu site has it at 7.1Mw and 6.56mb
www.ga.gov.au...
You have to click on "export dsta" and then select mb on the tick boxes then click on "export" to get the mb (Excel csv file).

Either something got lost in the conversion from mb to MW, or the others dumbed it down.
I have noticed USGS hasd something like 228 stations data used to get the magnitude, no wonder their numbers are usually less than the others, just the law of averaging will get that kind of result.

I'm not sure I'll add it to the 2011 Mag 7+ list yet, need to look into it further.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

MADRID (AFP) - A magnitude 5.2 quake killed at least 10 people in southern Spain on Wednesday, toppling buildings into the streets and sending panicked residents fleeing.

Ten people perished, officials said, as the quake collapsed fronts of buildings in the southeastern town of Lorca and ripped huge gaps into walls, which slumped into the streets.

Witnesses reported many injuries.

A church clocktower crashed into the street and narrowly missed one television reporter as he conducted an interview in the town on Spanish public broadcaster TVE.

Television images showed shaken families and children gathering in squares and playgrounds in the town, some weeping and hugging as they sought safety. Masonry and rubble blanketed streets.

An apparently dead body lay in the street covered in a rescue blanket, television showed.

A line of parked cars lay crushed under tonnes of rubble, according to photos published in the online edition of El Mundo.

The tremor struck at 6:47 pm (1647 GMT) with a depth of 10 kilometres (six miles) and could be felt in the capital Madrid. It hit nearly two hours after a smaller 4.4-magnitude quake.

A doctor said many people had been hurt.

"I had just finished attending to a patient. We all went out into the streets and had to treat people, some with serious inuries, many unconscious, because the ambulances could not reach them. They took more than 40 minutes," the doctor, identified only as Virtudes, told the online edition of El Pais.

"They just took away a man who had a wall fall on top of him."

Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero was informed of the disaster while he was in a meeting with King Juan Carlos, the premier's office said in a statement.

The king and prime minister then spoke to the president of the affected Murcia region and Zapatero immediately ordered the deployment of emergency military units to the area.

nz.news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
so everyone knows Rome is the capital of Italy so I have to say, close enough.

Anyways I predicted a disaster/earthquake on todays date and in Rome. This was not based on any other people's predictions, like nostradamas or the seismologist that died.

This was based on the fact of May 11 being illuminating number, the simpson show that shows a clock landing by Homer with the small hand on the 5 and the big hand on the 11 (time is 5:55) right after they detonated a bomb/earthquake. And also the fact of the false flag event where they announced osama dead and beatified Pope John Paul (in Rome) on the same day. Not a coincidence. (Heard HAARPS numbers are off the chart today also).

Some may say it is still a coincidence but it should be noted. And here are the following links where I predicted this. Under katndew......

www.abovetopsecret.com... and

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by katndew

those are both threads on false flag attacks. this was an earthquake.

it is not Very hard to predict earthquakes you just need to look at other causes for them and observe seismically active area's.

for the last few months I have been predicting them spot on the day...
10 days before perigee, is a significant change.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Quite significant damage looking at these slideshow pictures
www.elpais.com...

Shallowness of the quake to blame no doubt, looks like Christchurch's 6.3

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
reply to post by katndew

those are both threads on false flag attacks. this was an earthquake.

it is not Very hard to predict earthquakes you just need to look at other causes for them and observe seismically active area's.

for the last few months I have been predicting them spot on the day...
10 days before perigee, is a significant change.

Where? on ATS?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

srry muzzy I thought the links were in my sig.

I didnt post before this last 10 day period but Kali noticed it as I told her in chat the night before I was watching the 5th and why...

it may be a fluke or coincidence, I just noticed some correlations between the number and size of quakes and the timing of the moon and its perigee/apogee, I also focus on the more active fault lines.
this all started for me 3 months ago before the heavily publicized super moon.
days before the 9.1 quake in Japan. that quake also occurred 10 days before perigee.
Extreme Super Moon & Current Rise in sun Activity: Effects on earth

from what i notice is the 10 days before get really active then die down. you can see this in the quake watch thread aswell we have had slow periods then hectic periods of frequent quakes.

moon watch

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Can someone give me a quick explanation for why USGS and say Geonet report the same quake with different depth / size - I know you guys covered it a while back but I can't find the appropriate posts!!

Taa

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Thanks I wondered where you were coming from. I seen that Thread when you started it, didn't have anything to say at the time.
Did you see my post about New Zealand Quakes/ Moon Phases, with graphs? www.abovetopsecret.com...

The data, at least for NZ, doesn't stack up to your 10 day theory, in fact seeing as there are 30 days per month 10 days covers a 1/3 of the month, anyway.

Like I said on that post, 60% of Light to Strong quakes happen outside any Moon Phase (in New Zealand)

It may be different Globally.
You have sparked my interest so I'll look into it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoorfNZ
Can someone give me a quick explanation for why USGS and say Geonet report the same quake with different depth / size - I know you guys covered it a while back but I can't find the appropriate posts!!

Taa

Not sure about Depth, but USGS give their magnitudes in mb or Mw, Geonet is in ML.

If you look inside any USGS quake report under the Scientific&Technical tab then Phase data they often give the other types of magnitudes there like ML, Ms etc, but not always.

I've noticed or some reason USGS go low with NZ, Indonesia and Asia but go high with Chile, Japan and America, when compared to the local netwroks (even ending up with different magnitudes than the Alaskan Geo Survey sometimes)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

cool thanks for the link i didnt see your thread...

I hear ya about the 10 day thing and NZ my theory is still new, I need to focus more on specific locations now like you have done... or strengthen my evidence for a this being a worldwide occurrence.
what I find fun about observing quakes is the why. it seems there are so many factors that play a part.

I have a feeling we are entering a cycle in our earth that is completely unknown the changes taking place seem to be increasing all over the world. trying to stay sane and not get into the doom but this year has got me wondering.

[edit - from looking at your tables it seems maybe this pattern I noticed if it is there, maybe it started with this last supermoon in march before the 9.1 in japan. and I am just noticing the change...

edit on 5/11/2011 by -W1LL because: [edit

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I'm glad someone else is interested enough to look into it as well, I've tried a few times to prove it one way or the other but still can't see anything that stands out.
When I did the graphs I was only looking at the actual days when a Moon Phase happened, but you have raised the possibility that it could relate between phases.
Just looking at them again you could say that there is more activity AFTER Perigee, which is the opposite of what you are saying. But thats OK, just about everything down here in the Southern Hemisphere is the opposite of the North,, Hurricanes/Cyclones rotate the other way, seasons are opposite, etc, so earthquakes/.moon relationship could be the opposite too.
BTW when we look at the Moon from here its upside down (to the northern hemisphere)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

I too am very interested in proving or disproving this but I don't have the time at present.

BTW when we look at the Moon from here its upside down (to the northern hemisphere)

This is because you will insist living under the world instead of on top of it. It must be very difficult having to walk around with velcro on your shoes all the time in order not to fall off.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Earthquake Details
This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude

Date-Time
Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 16:23:48 UTC
Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 09:23:48 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Depth
0 km (~0 mile) set by location program

Region
NEVADA

Distances
14 km (9 miles) SW (215°) from Hawthorne, NV
21 km (13 miles) NW (307°) from Qualeys Camp, NV
28 km (17 miles) SE (125°) from Wichman, NV
240 km (149 miles) E (93°) from Sacramento, CA

Location Uncertainty
Error estimate not available

Parameters
NST= 63, Nph= 63, Dmin=5.7 km, Rmss=0 sec, Gp= 58°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=7

Source
Seismological Laboratory, University of Nevada, Reno

Event ID
nn00336893

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Well that was a miserable failure then!

I think I should stay out of the prediction business.

And this one was even worse.

I still maintain there was no HT. Maybe Etna does not do HT?

edit on 12/5/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Nothing of importance said for now, just interesting.
Take Earth and draw a line on 36 degree N. (Or look at your table)
Interesting that many of the bigger (Regional) Earthquakes in Northern Hemisphere during this past week are near that line. Spain, Greece, Japan, California, mid Atlantic.
Oh, maybe just because more populated areas.

What certainly is not disputable is that borders of Australian plate is very active with 4+ all round this past month or so, more on the Eastern ridges.

Just purely coincidental.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Guam's turn to have the shakes today

MAG 5.5 2011/05/13 01:04:39 12.450 143.996 17.9 GUAM REGION
MAG 5.1 2011/05/13 00:25:45 12.333 144.222 9.9 GUAM REGION
MAG 5.4 2011/05/12 22:22:08 12.366 144.062 12.3 GUAM REGION

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 12-5-2011 by MoorfNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Weird isn't it. Many "Weird" quakes about - IMHO. at least things have settled down somewhat today - somewhat - Just have this really, really bad feeling of late and just want it to go away. Alaska started me off the other day after the 6.3 Puterman thought I missed but didn't it was in my post
. Now Alaska is toooo quiet. IDK what it is about the Bering Straights ---- But the odd quakes now all over the place - IDK. Something major is going on - this I would bet money on. People all over should just make sure their bug out bags are on the ready - there is just too much going on everywhere - - Japan, Nevada, New Zealand, Spain, Gaum, Colorado, Mexico (just shy of Texas).

Now I've said all that - things will quiet down - as we all know, Mom like to make us all look wrong and will do anything at all costs to prove us wrong
-

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Magnitude
Date-Time
Friday, May 13, 2011 at 03:59:08 UTC
Friday, May 13, 2011 at 05:59:08 AM at epicenter
Depth
5 km (3.1 miles)
Region
POLAND

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Yeah, what's the go with Guam? Are we looking at foreshocks? I've noticed a fair few scattered about lately that we haven't seen shake in awhile - I guess everywhere gets its turn eventually!

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join