It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KOREA WAR IMMINENT .. S Korea 'to hold' live-fire drills

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by nenothtu

Actually He said something about North Korea being all bark and no bite or something along those lines here...

From what it looks like at the moment, he was right - there was a whole lot of yappin' going on from the North, but like a terrier who is just gonna absolutely EAT that big ol' Great Dane, when it suddenly notices that the Great Dane has come unchained, the yappin' turns into a mad scramble in the other direction...

... and if the Great Dane pursues, there's usually a whole lot of squealing going on from the terrier in it's headlong flight...

Oh i don't know about that analogy mate.

I had a terrier for donkey's years, and while he was a yappy little sod, he was a lunatic when it came to fronting dogs 6X his size!

He's yap his head off, and be doing somersaults trying to get off his lead and at the dog.

He had a large SA ridgeback/lab cross around the throat once, and he meant serious business...he wasn't all bark and no bite.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

YEONPYEONG ISLAND, South Korea – North Korea called South Korean artillery drills on a front-line island Monday a "reckless military provocation" but said it would not retaliate, backing away from earlier threats to strike back.

The North said after the 90-minute drills ended that it was holding its fire because Seoul had changed its firing zones.

The official Korean Central News Agency statement suggested that the North viewed Monday's drills differently from the ones that provoked it last month because South Korean shells landed farther south of the North's shores. Last month's drills were followed by a North Korean shelling that killed two marines and two civilians, destroyed large parts of the island and sent tensions between the Koreas soaring.

Did I just heard correctly? North Korea just backed down from their threats??? Why?? Why just I ask??? North Korea threaten them, then suddenly backed off their threats. Tsk tsk. How embarrassing.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
North Korea hasn't backed down nor have they gone back or their word's, tasted them, etc. I think a lot of people are under the assumption that S.Korea and the U.S. were going to perform these drills and get attacked while doing so. So the joint drills were carried out, but no attack by the North. This must mean they are backing down? No.

North Korea stated IF the U.S. and S.Korea carried out the drill's there would be catastrophic consequences. They could attack anytime this week, month, or even some time next month. They could possibly be getting ready to attack under the cover at night when it's dark over there. U.S. eastern time is 5:36 am. North Korean time is 7:36 pm. So it's just getting dark. Most military "pre-emptive" strikes are carried out under the blanket of a dark sky. But seriously, I don't even think they'll do it today/tonight.

I think it would be absurd if the North were to attack the South right now, especially with F-15's in the skies along with all the other ground defensive measures in place. During the drill the two militaries were well aware of what might could happen, what the North might try. I'm positive they had counter measures to strike hard and fast if the North were to try that. With a live fire drill going on it's as real as it gets, the only thing missing is the causalities. The North would have walked into a hornet's nest. Those F-15's in the air along with who know's what else were ready to take out the nearest artillery emplacements would they happen to be aimed and fired. During this posturing of the U.S. and S.K. I promise you they were ready to prevent anything and everything. So that was not the time to strike, nor will it be through out the rest of the evening.

The North will most likely turn their word's to action in a few day's once the adrenaline and awareness goes down a notch or two in the South. I'm not saying the South is only expecting an attack today only because it was the day of the drills and they will completely drop their guard if nothing happens, no, that's not it. They will be ready when it happens, but they are pumped up right now and ready to go all out. Thing's will calm in a day or so and that's when the North will make their move.

So, don't count them out or say they're backing down because they're not. Crazy they may be, but the North Korean's are disciplined warrior's that have been militarized since birth. See, I didn't know CNN sent Wolf Blitzer over there, if he's over there right now, then you better believe war will break out sooner or later. Now's just not the time for the North to make their move.
edit on 20-12-2010 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I don't feel like we are out of the woods yet friends!

Unless. Richardson. just. is. that. good.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

This was posted right after I made the above post.

news.yahoo.com...

I wasn't aware that the North actually made this statement to the media. WOW. That's shocking coming from them. Maybe they got a look at exactly how advanced and bada$$ the U.S. is and had a change of heart, lol. Sometimes "flexing" does work and what better way to "flex" and show off your toy's right at your challenger's doorstep.

edit on 20-12-2010 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Glad to hear no war today! I still believe there were negotiations behind the scenes and that was what this theater was all about. Richardson gets the "fuel rods" for what is the question?

How much are these tensions an indirect negotiation between China and the US?
edit on 20-12-2010 by Leo Strauss because: gwammar ha ha ha ha

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Oh look yet another fear mongering panic thread of imminent WW# death and chaos.

What a surprise...

Oh and nothing happened... How weird, things always happen when predicted on ATS....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Oh look yet another fear mongering panic thread of imminent WW# death and chaos.

What a surprise...

Oh and nothing happened... How weird, things always happen when predicted on ATS....

It wasnt a prediction ...
why you guys always come in and scream at loud FEAR MONGERER ... typical

it was another news or signs to remember us that the tension is still high and very probable that a war break out
the title wasnt WAR WILL HAPPEN TODAY .. it said imminent but the tension finally lower a bit ..until when ?

its still not finish and they are still in war since no peace was ever signed
dont underestimate any new articles coming from the Korean peninsula

just say glad the news was exagerated to a point CNN had in big letters
War imminent because of the SK drill
it was indeed imminent and still is

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This guy is not going to do # whith all the assest we have over there bomber loaded and on alert preditors sats aircraft in the air.

Would you bring a stick to a gun fight.

Thoght not.

Check mate Jun

Now once we drop our guard again expect the worst.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I was just reading on the local newspaper on line edition, that the drill is over and NK is not going to retaliate because SK changed its firing zones.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
When the news first broke last night, I calmly went to the store to pick up a few things. Apparently no one out there is too concerned, being there were only 4 people in the entire store.

Seems like the msm has become expert in packaging these ordeals to scare the hell out of people. It made me feel slightly nervous for a while.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

I agree. NK loves the element of surprise.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

They are evacuating all of the islands 1500 residents. Depopulation of the area is taking place, just like they did with the BP oil spillage to setup new industrial sites and oil extracting sites. Probably USA and SK are in it together.

The animals of the island have also been left behind, I don't understand what problems thay have with pets so much. They also left behind the loved pets of the hurricane katrina victims.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

have to agree fear mongering is in the air

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
hmm theyve been saying this for years

i personally dont think a war is imminent

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

What a surprise...

absolutly i dont know why they bother anymore

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So NK isn't going to attack

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Here we have a situation where 2 small countries are being backed by 2 larger counties..

At any rate, the evacuation of SK civilians ahead of their live-fire drill is concerning... considerings NK spoke up and said if SK went through with the drills it will be a sign of force not taken well by NK...

Mutually Assured Destruction.. this stuff is MAD crazy.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The North Korean army is 2 milllion malnourished men, who dont carry more than thirty rounds for thier weapons, backed by antique tanks with no fuel, covered by an airforce whose pilots get less than 10 hours a year in the cockpit.

Its one thing for the North Koreans to shell and island as a “grand” show of force and its an entirely different thing for them to mobilize an army when they have no fuel and food.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Yeah right.... were going to get into a MAD situation over two pissant countries who are doing what they have been doing for 60 years.

You can rest assured that both China and the USA leaders are not that stupid. If ANYTHING were looking at indirect military support for the sister nations so that there is no direct clash between superpowers, or violations of UN treaties.

Its not like USA has given South Korea a blank cheque, and South Korea has demanded the complete surrender of North Korea and all its territory, and china is so unprepared for war that it must completely mobilize far in advance to be prepared for war, forcing France, Great Britain, Russia, and all other militarized powers to mobilize...............

But if all that did somehow happen, then ooh boy howdy, hold on to your roller skates!

However, for any of that to happen over NK would be like the world saying "alright we want WWIII". When really, thats the last thing we want. Why risk everything when you can have it all with a series of small, superficial wars?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join