It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KOREA WAR IMMINENT .. S Korea 'to hold' live-fire drills

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

If you ask anyone living in Seoul if they want war with the North, they will 100% say no. I don't understand why the South Korean government is pushing forward for a polish that is very unpopular among its citizens unless this is being crammed down the throat of the South Korean military by the TPTB.

There is nothing for the SK to gain from this kind of provocation when the whole world is watching. I see a push over president of SK who can not stand up against the pressure of the US military commander who is manipulated by the TPTB.

I don't see a war is coming in the Korean penninsula but I see the persistent attempts by the TPTB for a war in the region.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
Yayyy More war YAyyyy
Seriously though ive had enough of poeple fighting/losing thier lives Over Oil.....
edit on 19/12/10 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

There's oil in NK?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
N. Korea Says Won't Hit Back Over S. Korean Drills

North Korea backed off threats to retaliate against South Korea for military drills Monday and reportedly offered concessions on its nuclear program -- signs it was looking to lower the temperature on the Korean peninsula after weeks of soaring tensions.

Link

Everyone can calm down now. There will be no war.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

North Korea called Monday's drills a "reckless military provocation" but said after they ended that it was holding its fire because Seoul had changed its firing zones.

USAToday Article

Why am I not surprised. NK warned and SK called their bluff.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There always seems to be one of the Korea's backing down from something,what a pathetic joke on the people's of both the north and south(especially the ones in the north starving to death) that there people are so worthless that these governments keep playing this childish pissing game with there live's.

Reminds me of the rest of the world.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

We have to be greatfull that nothing happen, because if WW3 gets going well it reminds me of Einsteins quote

" I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I dont know who was surprised that NK didnt do anything. I posted on several threads yesterday saying that nothing would happen today but folks on here were convinced war was going to break out today. Geez.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I dont know who was surprised that NK didnt do anything. I posted on several threads yesterday saying that nothing would happen today but folks on here were convinced war was going to break out today. Geez.

Heh.

Onwards and upwards for the WW3 enthusiasts. "There's always tomorrow."

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Actually, the North backed off with the threats. I doubt anything will happen regarding to the drills. So relax.

Also, are people forgetting these two countries have been at high tensions for a while now? North has been threatening the South ever since the invasion which resulted in the Korean war.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
now heed this:

NK has always and will forever remain a very "surprise attack" kind of country.

Though they didnt do anything today, maybe not tomorrow....but it will come.

It's how they play!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well played south korea

incidently, for those of you whom were screaming that SK needs to just crawl under a rock and hide...I gotta say...man your a bunch of wimps.

You know...the person whom gets beaten up the most in prison is the one whom never stands up for themselves...and ya...over there is a bit of prison mentality going on.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
" Where's the Kaboom ? There was supposed to be and Earth shattering Kaboom ? "...In my best Marvin the Martian voice !!!!! LOL

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by chips

Heh.

Onwards and upwards for the WW3 enthusiasts. "There's always tomorrow."

People have confirmation bias. They see what they want to see that supports their views. Many here have eschatological beliefs that are fulfilled by World War III and when it doesn't happen, they rationalize it to another date. Many here thought November because of the fake Baba Vanga news. Kind of like the Branch Davidians, they have end dates in mind and are blinded behind the veil of their own beliefs.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
No, no war will happen. Everything is fine. The media is over exaggerating.

War is not imminent. Move along.....
edit on 20-12-2010 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There should be war. They are killing and tortuoring their people. They are quite possibly as bad as the Nazi's. Its time to end this bad rerun.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by nenothtu

Actually He said something about North Korea being all bark and no bite or something along those lines here...

From what it looks like at the moment, he was right - there was a whole lot of yappin' going on from the North, but like a terrier who is just gonna absolutely EAT that big ol' Great Dane, when it suddenly notices that the Great Dane has come unchained, the yappin' turns into a mad scramble in the other direction...

... and if the Great Dane pursues, there's usually a whole lot of squealing going on from the terrier in it's headlong flight...

Oh i don't know about that analogy mate.

I had a terrier for donkey's years, and while he was a yappy little sod, he was a lunatic when it came to fronting dogs 6X his size!

He's yap his head off, and be doing somersaults trying to get off his lead and at the dog.

He had a large SA ridgeback/lab cross around the throat once, and he meant serious business...he wasn't all bark and no bite.

Just going by personal experience in constructing the analogy, so it of course is subjective, meant only as an illustration. I'm down to 8 dogs at the moment, 4 of them being tiny little yappy whelps, two of which are terriers. Gotta keep the missus happy, y'know? At the other end of the spectrum are "my" dogs, a pair of wolf-german shepherd hybrids. Now the boldest of the two terriers is pretty bold, and willing to launch himself at anything at all, including those hybrids, or even myself if he thinks the timing is right.

The timing being "right" involves when he thinks we aren't watching.

If, after a launch, his intended victim simply turns around, The poor little thing will fairly turn himself inside out trying to reverse course.

I agree, though, that terriers in general were an improper analogy, since they generally ARE game little sports. I probably should have restricted myself to "yappy little mutts" in general, rather than picking on any specific breed. Point taken.

Interestingly enough, my "big dogs" usually won't have at the smaller ones when an attack presents itself. To be honest, I think the big ones believe the small ones to be puppies, beneath their ire, just playing, however dangerous the little one believes himself to be.

There's probably an analogy in there, too...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
It wasnt a prediction ...
why you guys always come in and scream at loud FEAR MONGERER ... typical

it was another news or signs to remember us that the tension is still high and very probable that a war break out
the title wasnt WAR WILL HAPPEN TODAY .. it said imminent but the tension finally lower a bit ..until when ?

its still not finish and they are still in war since no peace was ever signed
dont underestimate any new articles coming from the Korean peninsula

just say glad the news was exagerated to a point CNN had in big letters
War imminent because of the SK drill
it was indeed imminent and still is

Uhm... because you are a fear mongerer? Why do you make threads that SCREAM IN ALL CAPS TITLES that reads "KOREAN WAR IMMINENT" ?

I don't care if that is what CNN had on their stupid news report, in fact that just means you are buying into their bogus hype and regurgitating it here on ATS.

War is not imminent in Korea no matter how much you want to to be. WW3 is not imminent.
N. Korea have gotten their naughty boy cheque and have now shut up and backed off, end of story!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hypntick

North Korea called Monday's drills a "reckless military provocation" but said after they ended that it was holding its fire because Seoul had changed its firing zones.

USAToday Article

Why am I not surprised. NK warned and SK called their bluff.

Sounds about right

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You know that probably Kim Jong Il is thinking "not today my friends, not tomorrow but soon".

So until we know for sure that nothing will happen we should expect a conflict between the two Koreas.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Actually, the North backed off with the threats. I doubt anything will happen regarding to the drills. So relax.

Also, are people forgetting these two countries have been at high tensions for a while now? North has been threatening the South ever since the invasion which resulted in the Korean war.

Don't try to derail this thread with facts.
What's wrong with you?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join