It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KOREA WAR IMMINENT .. S Korea 'to hold' live-fire drills

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I wasn't arguing, I was asking seriously.

I never said they had a weak military though. They have like the fourth largest standing army in the world.
If war breaks out it will be bad, but they don't have the capabilities SK has, but they do have artillery, maybe nuclear artillery. I don't know much about their rockets/missiles. I suspect they aren't that accurate or reliable based on past tests.

I wonder, a few days ago it was said they were maybe going to test a nuke. Did they ever test that?

Oh I do disagree that this war is impossible to win. This war would be easy to end. It isn't like fighting a ghost enemy like insurgents or terrorists. This would be a different kind of war and despite having plenty of weapons and army, NK would fall.
edit on 20-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
twitter.com...

North korea is STANDING DOWN!!!

enorthkorea North Korea has called on the whole nation to oppose war and guard peace in an effort to smash the warmongers' plots http://(link tracking not allowed)/fpyUZR
8 minutes ago via bitly
Retweeted by Korea_Watch and 4 others

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
News RSS Feeds RSS Feed
North Korea Offers Concessions as South Korean Artillery Drill Begins

UN Security Council ends emergency talks with no agreement on statement to ease tensions
www.voanews.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

To me this means North Korea ate their words. Guess tonight isn't the night the want to stop existing (well start to stop existing).

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
News RSS Feeds RSS Feed
North Korea Offers Concessions as South Korean Artillery Drill Begins

UN Security Council ends emergency talks with no agreement on statement to ease tensions
www.voanews.com...

Damn.. look at that picture, it is foggy there. That much was true haha.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nocents
reply to post by oozyism

Sorry but i cannot follow the logic of they will not attack if it is expected, then, they will attack if it is not expected.
Thats having it both ways, will they attack or not?

I say in no way will NK attack.

Basically, Oozy is saying that he expects them to attack unexpectedly - so it's expected either way they go. poor, North Koreans - they just can't EVER sneak up on Oozy!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well if true North Korea blinked.

we have avoided war until next week when North Korea is out of Scotch.....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by nocents
reply to post by oozyism

Well, it's it's ALL just speculation for now. But you have yet to say, will Dear Leader attack or not?
Did you not say that you knew the thinking of NK ?

If it will make you more comfortable lets say in the next 21 days, will NK attack? I say NO, not only that, I say no NK attack for one year. What say you?

They are thinking about a very ancient book.

Trying figuring out which one I'm talking about.

Sun Tzu, "The Art of War".

Do I win the prize?

ETA: Dammit! I see Slayer got the prize! Can I guess again, and change my answer to "A Book of Five Rings" by Musashi?

How about "36 Stratagems"?

edit on 2010/12/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure conflict averted for tonight..

Is this conflict overall over?

HELL NO....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You want to see a really good assessment of North Korean military capabilities?
Militaryphotos.net North Korea Strikes! (2009)

They MLRS systems are Russian-made. The Russians make excellent MLRS systems, and the NKs have a lot of them.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Having fun with Oozii and Jane?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Actually He said something about North Korea being all bark and no bite or something along those lines here...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Actually He said something about North Korea being all bark and no bite or something along those lines here...

From what it looks like at the moment, he was right - there was a whole lot of yappin' going on from the North, but like a terrier who is just gonna absolutely EAT that big ol' Great Dane, when it suddenly notices that the Great Dane has come unchained, the yappin' turns into a mad scramble in the other direction...

... and if the Great Dane pursues, there's usually a whole lot of squealing going on from the terrier in it's .long flight...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Yeah, but those would be knocked out very quickly. And it you read through a lot of it is not that impressive. They are way behind with guidance and targeting systems. Honestly this stuff is nothing compared to what they would be up against. Again I'm not saying they wouldn't do a lot of damage, but still not stand a chance.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
North Korea has bow down(backdown) to the SK ??
this seem to be false propaganda

they have twice the SK army size

Kim doesnt look to be scared of he wouldnt had fired last month ago on the island
or falsly claim that if there is a drill in that area again we will strike hard ..

would he said that if he wasnt sure of his words ... i dont think so
edit on 12/20/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

So because you dont agree with it, it has to be propaganda?

How does that work?

Have you ever followed whats going on with North and South Korea?

Lil Kimmie ALWAYS does this, its nothing new, he threatens and postures, then hides and changes his mind.

edit on 20-12-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Ben81

So because you dont agree with it, it has to be propaganda?

How does that work?

Have you ever followed whats going on with North and South Korea?

Lil Kimmie ALWAYS does this, its nothing new, he threatens and postures, then hides and changes his mind.

edit on 20-12-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

tell me 2 things ...

Who is the arrogant one that keep pushing the limits ?
who wants a war ?

i have been following this for years and many time it was avoided by little
NK said if SK fire their artilary near the island(disputed waters)
they will be punished... and now SK go a. with it
doesnt care much if some SK will be kill its collateral damage for money profit
SK need a green light before they go through with this drill
from who ?? the USA ...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

That is totally amazing. Noone in their right mind would want a land war with North Korea. The only way to beat them is Nuke after nuke after nuke.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I'm starting to think that Kim is sick and tired of being a puppet of Russia and being the buffer for China. I think he's just playing with him, and that his son will eventually take a hit on China just when the timing is right, yet provide a completely opposite read. They are a very arrogant nation, and having to be told what to do by those who feed you? Kim can't do that, he rules HIS nation. So he'll get the youngest to rule the longest, since he is more valuable than all the others. They really pushed it this time, though because of this gamble, they may be able to play a donk even longer now. Just some thoughts.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
SK conducted a 90 minute live fire artillary drill and........nothing happened. NK will do something the next time they want to do some negotiations about their nuclear program or the next time their citizens resort to eating tree bark because of crop failures. The NK government reminds me more and more of a high maintenance drama queen.

news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join