It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KOREA WAR IMMINENT .. S Korea 'to hold' live-fire drills

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

KOREA WAR IMMINENT .. S Korea 'to hold' live-fire drills

english.aljazeera.net

Seoul appears unwilling to back down over planned military drills, despite UN fears and threats from the North.
The North has threatened an even deadlier attack on the South if the one-day drill scheduled for between December 18 and 21 is staged on Yeonpyeong island near the disputed Yellow Sea border.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
North Korea threatens 'physical response' to U.S. military exercise
edit on 12/19/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

South Korea is set to press ahead with a live-fire military drill despite rising tensions with the North that have prompted an emergency United Nations Security Council meeting.

Residents of Yeonpyeong island, which lies in disputed waters off the Korean peninsula's west coast, were ordered to move into air raid bunkers ahead of the military exercise on Monday, according to South Korean media.

North Korea has threatened to strike if the South goes ahead with its military drill.

Breaking news on CNN:
Drill will shortly start

even in the voice of Wolf Bitlzer who is in the area
and many other journalist are placed in KEY spots
to film everything
he had something in his voice telling me that he knows
that war will happen
why would they said that .. its obvious now that something will happen because the SK went ahead with this arrogant drill
SOMEBODY WANTS A WAR..
21 december 2010 is in 2 days ..
2 years exactly before 2012
it was all planned but delayed a few time

The tension have never been so high .. everybody except a retaliation from the North to start this big war .. it didnt work with Iran ...but it will now work with NK

South Korea ordered residents of Yeonpyeong Island and four border islands to take shelter Monday in preparation of military exercises on the same day an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council ended with no unified statement on the controversial issue.

The drills have raised fears of a new conflict with North Korea.

An approximate 8,000 residents have been ordered to take cover in Yeonpyeong, Baengnyeong, Daecheong, Socheong and Udo.Typical protocol is for the drills to begin two hours after the notification of residents, though the country's military declined to confirm the exact timing of the scheduled exercises.

North Korea said over the weekend that the planned exercises were designed to violate the armistice that ended the Korean War in 1953 and "ignite war at any cost." At the United Nations, nearly eight hours of emergency Security Council talks on the standoff ended Sunday without a unified statement, Russian Ambassador Vitaly Churkin told reporters.

Russia called for the emergency session over the weekend to defuse the crisis over South Korea's scheduled live-fire military exercises off Yeonpyeong Island, which was shelled by North Korea in November. Churkin warned darkly that the world could be faced with a "serious conflict" within hours, and that the international community has "no game plan on the diplomatic side."

"Within hours there may be a serious aggravation of tension -- a serious conflict, for that matter," he said.

There is at least 95% chances that the NK will do something because of this provocation drill
even SK residents are pissed that their government still go ahead with it ... (saw one that was interviewed by CNN)

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yayyy More war YAyyyy
Seriously though ive had enough of poeple fighting/losing thier lives Over Oil.....
edit on 19/12/10 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

korea doesn't even have any oil whats wrong with you?????

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

there will be no war.

N-Korea will attack unexpectedly, not expectedly.

I know exactly what they are thinking.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

N.Korea: Drill to bring 'disaster'
North Korea Saturday predicted "disaster" if South Korea goes ahead with a live-fire artillery exercise on a border island bombarded by the communist state last month.

The North has threatened an even deadlier attack on the South if the one-day drill scheduled for between December 18 and 21 is staged on Yeonpyeong island near the disputed Yellow Sea border.

A foreign ministry statement, quoted by the official news agency, accused US troops -- some 20 of whom who will take part in the drill -- of providing a "human shield" for the upcoming exercise, and repeated threats to attack.

"The US Department of State sent a threatening message to the DPRK (North Korea), urging it not to forget there are Americans and foreign reporters on the island. The US is providing even 'a human shield'," the statement said.

The North said the upcoming exercise "would make it impossible to prevent the situation on the Korean peninsula from exploding and escape its ensuing disaster".

It said its military has already threatened "decisive and merciless punishment" for such an action and "does not make an empty talk".

Bangkok Post

On CNN they are only talking about this
December 20 will be mark by a big confrontation ..
the USA will step in and China will do the same to protect its proxy
i dont know how it will finish but if many get involved and pick a side then
the 20 december of 2010 will be the start of WW3

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
North Korea will do nothing....they will end up looking like pussys over this

South Korea are just right to carry out these drills its nothing to do with the North what they do on their own soil

North Korea needs a good spanking and they know they would get it if they did anything stupid

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
North Korea will do nothing....they will end up looking like pussys over this

South Korea are just right to carry out these drills its nothing to do with the North what they do on their own soil

North Korea needs a good spanking and they know they would get it if they did anything stupid

They have an Ego and their patience have limits

NK told if this drill will go ahead they will retaliate with bigger force

SK-US made their move by the drill (green light)

now its NK turn to make a move .. but what move ??

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Has anybody considered that North Korea might just be a pawn for the Chinese and Russians? The North seems all to eager to get in a pissing match here. Not to mention all the secret talks of late.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Now on CNN they say in big letters for breaking news

NORTH AND SOUTH KOREA ON THE BRINK OF WAR

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Oh great here we go, should i try and connect my friends in high places?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
NORTH AND SOUTH KOREA ON THE BRINK OF WAR

Reminds me of this.

Funny stuff.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Wow definitely someone or some group wants war. Not long ago the media was reporting that South Korea would postpone the drills... But it's almost as if someone picked up a phone and called for war...Right now

Or, nothing will happen. Maybe the worst that will happen is that both South and North Korea will turn Yeonpyeong Island into a moonscape.

But the elite want war. They say the North is unstable and crazy, but they're the ones holding live fire drills near the border with North Korea... Uh can't you do it a little further away, like 100 miles south?

I don't wish for anyone to die, myself included, but I'm powerless against the hands or claws holding the strings to Earth. What to do... What to do. hmm.

Very strange times, why one day I might wake up to find myself in a Fallout type situation where I'm surviving in a post-apocalyptic world where most everyone is dead just for the lulz of it.

Why couldn't such times happen... We've had two world wars by just under 100 years didn't we?

Actually, If there is to be three world wars in 100 years we are due for one by 2014

WORLD WAR 1: Summer 1914 to Fall-Winter 1918

WORLD WAR 2: Autumn 1939 to Spring 1945

WORLD WAR 3: Fall-Winter 2010 to ?

There's also a Lunar Eclipse tonight, some occult motions must be grinding as we speak as occultism and numerology is very important to the Illuminati.

edit on 19-12-2010 by star in a jar because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2010 by star in a jar because: lunar eclipse stuff

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The South takes a tough stance this time ,the only explanation for this is that they get support from US...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I did notice CNN was talking about it in the same manner they talked about Iraq before the invasion (both times). Actually,what Ben81 said is exactly what I was thinking earlier when watching it. They are reporting like they have been tipped what is already scheduled to happen. Whether it does or not I don't know, but they did give the impression they knew something they were not telling us.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

KOREA WAR IMMINENT

OK Before I reply I need to ask.....

Fear mongering or is this a prediction?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
So the MSM already has camera feeds set up around Korea is key locations?

If NK wants to take the best strategy not involving nukes, they should watch these meddling American news networks and where their filming locations are, and then strike them with arty. This will not only blackout most Western propaganda coverage but also strike fear into a country that seems to think that they just roll right over North Korea. Then without the media in tow, 180,000 NK special forces will storm the border and let's just say that American corporations that produce body bags will be in business.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo

I'm sure this has been mentioned before with all the NK threads the last few months....

Seoul is about 20-25 miles from the DMZ with all the NK artillery pointed directly at it. If a war did break out, then Seoul would be obliterated within the hour and the war would be lost before it began. This is a much bigger chess game than people make it out to be. SK doesn't hold all the chips, they don't even hold most of the chips. If Seoul is destroyed, and it would be, SK has nothing to fight for anyways.

The trick would be to be able to take out all that artillery in the opening minutes of a blitz. Basically the only way to do that would be nukes, which I'm sure is an option that is on the table. Just ask MacArthur. It has probably been on the table for more than 50 years.

Another catch is, if nukes are used to clean the DMZ of artillery, then you have to worry about a NK nuke directed at Seoul anyways. Believe me, this is not a win/win situation for either Korea. It is Russian Roulette with a grenade....It doesn't matter who pulls the pin, they would both get their heads blown off.
edit on 19-12-2010 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
We're literally minutes from a potential new war in Korea breaking out. CNN is running "Tiger Woods: Downfall" Headline News "Showbiz Tonight" CNBC "Behind the Counter: The Story of Franchising" MSNBC "To Catch a Predator" Fox News "Running Anti-Wikileaks Propaganda" here on the west coast.
US Media

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

edit on 19-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join